[Movie 2020] Call, 콜

maris1

Corona 19 re-proliferation... Entertainment industry, event postponement/non-face-to-face conversion

Cookie News | 2020-11-23 15:17:44
신예 이충현 감독 데뷔작 '콜' 기대감↑…박신혜 '뼈대 있게 현장 지휘'

http://image.tvdaily.co.kr/upimages/gisaimg/202011/1605923771_1567215.jpg

Various events in the entertainment industry are shrinking again in the aftermath of a new coronavirus infection (Corona 19) that is rapidly re-spreading.

The interviews with director Lee Choong-hyun, actor Park Shin-hye, and Jeon Jong-seo of the Netflix movie'Call' will all be on video as scheduled. TVN'Postpartum Care Center' Uhm Um-Won's ending interview will be replaced in writing.

n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000718028

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000718028

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000718028

[After Screening] Park Shin-hye's stable acting + Jeon Jong-seo's frantic runaway thriller'Call' ★★★☆

Kim Kyung Hee Input 2020.11.23. 18:05 Revised 23 November 2020. 18:09

iMBC Entertainment News Photo

'Seo Yeon' (Park Shin-hye), who came home after a long time. After connecting the old phone at home, he makes a phone call with a strange woman named Youngsook (Jeon Jong-seo). 'Seoyeon' realizes that'Youngsook' was a person who lived in the same house 20 years ago, and from then on, the two build friendships. Then one day,'Seoyeon' and'Youngsook' make a dangerous choice to change each other's lives in their present. 'Youngsook' saved the father of'Seoyeon' who died 20 years ago, and'Seoyeon' informed the future of'Youngsook'. However,'Young-sook', who learns of her terrible future, starts to threaten'Seo-yeon' with an unexpected runaway. The killer awakens with a phone call that broke the taboo.

▶ Non-Force Kneeling

'Call', which was scheduled to be released earlier this year, was finally decided to be released on Netflix on November 27th. This is the second work of Jeon Jong-seo, who became a hot topic at the same time as his debut with the novel'Burning', a feature film by director Lee Chung-hyun, a monster newcomer, and a thriller by Park Shin-hye, the most famous young actress these days.

The setting in which people in one space communicate with a time difference of 20 years with a single phone call is also curious, but it is expected what differentiates it from the time-related settings such as time warp and time slip that have been seen so far.

▶ After screening

A well-made mystery thriller was born with an inspiring story development, a thrill that is hard to predict, and the synergy of acting actors who are good at acting. Above all, what stands out most in this film is the presence of Jongseo Jeon. With the sound of innocent laughter, she built a sense of intimacy with Park Shin-hye, but her hysterical laughter, transforming into a horror and a thriller in an instant, gives rise to a terrible auditory fear than the sight. Because it is a former class that has not yet been known to the public, it makes people think that the more insane killer is attached, and Park Shin-hye's cowardice against such a fearful existence is even more pathetic on the contrary.

The acting of EL's gleeful facial expressions that layer on Jeon Jong-seo's madness was excellent, and Kim Sung-ryeong's acting, which showed maternal love against Jeon Jong-seo, was also believed.

Park Shin-hye's power to lead the story from start to finish was also great. From a blunt girl in balance with Jeon Jong-seo's madness, a girl full of happiness, a figure struggling with evil, and a figure in fear, she has stably managed the excitement of tremendous amplitude.

The storytelling of the director who created such a decent thriller with the power of the character and the proper story and direction without any possibility of intimidation or reasonless blood, and unpleasant sound effects were also applauded.

There is a lot of regret that it was not released at the theater, but considering the genre characteristics, actors' acting, and solid story, I think that Netflix, which is simultaneously released in 190 countries around the world, is also a not a bad choice.

'Call' featuring Park Shin-hye, Jeon Jong-seo, Kim Seong-ryeong, Lee L, Park Ho-san, Oh Jeong-se, and Lee Dong-hui will be released on Netflix on November 27th.

iMBC Kim Kyung Hee | Photo courtesy of Netflix

entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201123180530506

[Review IS]'Call' which is unfortunate to be viewed on a monitor, crazy Park Shin-hye X Jeon Jong-seo

[ Daily Sports ] Enter 2020.11.23 11:28

An intense female character that was hard to see anywhere in Korean movies was born.  

The Netflix movie'Cole (director Lee Chung-hyun)' took off the veil through an online preview on the 23rd. 'Cole' is a mystery thriller depicting a maddening obsession that begins when two women in different time periods connected via a single phone change their fates. This is the first feature film by the new director Choong-Hyun Lee, who received the attention of Chungmuro with the short film'Ransom'. Park Shin-hye, Jeon Jong-seo, Kim Seong-ryeong, and Lee L appear.  

It is a work that meets the audience after twists and turns. Initially, they prepared for the theater release in March, but after acting repeatedly due to the Corona 19 pandemic, they chose to go to Netflix instead of the theater. As it was an expectation, the release through Netflix raised expectations and concerns at the same time.  

It's an unfortunate movie to watch on a monitor or TV. From mise-en-scène, which creates a unique atmosphere, to music that raises the volume only when absolutely necessary, works that will shine even more when viewed in the theater. The crisis in theaters caused by the Corona 19 pandemic is even more regretful.  

Nevertheless,'Call' is interesting. The case begins less than five minutes after the movie begins. It is enough to captivate the audience even if you don't have to build up warriors. Her new mother EL and her new daughter, Jeon Jong-seo (Youngsook), focus their attention on the mysterious yet tight tension, and the scenes where the present changes in an instant due to changes in the past. 

There were many settings that connect the past and the present using the telephone as a medium, such as the drama'Signal', but'Call' newly unraveled. Far from solving the case, the more the past and the present are connected, the more twisted and twisted. Eventually, it opens the eyes of a serial killer. Those who died live, and those who lived die. The price of changing the old book of war goes to the present Park Shin-hye (Seo Yeon). The confrontation between Jong-seo Jeon in the past and Shin-hye Park now goes in an unexpected direction.  

Park Shin-hye, who seemed to unfold a familiar performance in the early stages, shows a new face as the case progresses, pushing Seo-yeon to the limit. Run, howl, and throw. She expresses Seo-yeon's desperate situation with distress.  

An intense feast of female characters unfolds. On a new platform called Netflix, it is attracting attention whether the madness of'Cole' will be passed on to the audience intact.  

'Call' will be released on Netflix on November 27th.  
cr: http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23927549

[Cinetalk] Jongseo Jeon and Shinhye Park's creepy brain fight'Call'

Netflix'call' review

• Article input: November 23, 2020 14:38
  • Last Modified: November 23, 2020 17:23

Netflix's original movie'Call' depicts a brutal brain fight between two women. The distorted faces and screams of actresses that have never been seen before give an unfamiliar and unfamiliar experience.

'Call', which was released through the online preview on the 23rd, is a Netflix movie that attracted attention early on with actors Park Shin-hye, Jeon Jong-seo, Kim Seong-ryeong, and Lee L. Director Lee Choong-hyun, who was in charge of directing, is a newcomer who won two crowns at the 2016 Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival with his 2015 film'Body Price'. Lee's unique idea met Netflix, and a film with a strange setting and atmosphere was born.

◆ Past and present connected by phone… Jeon Jong-seo and Park Shin-hye's bizarre experience

Seo-yeon (Park Shin-hye) returns to Boseong's old house with anticipation of the end of her mother (Kim Sung-ryeong) who is sick and receives a phone call. Young-sook (Jeon Jong-seo), who lived in the house 20 years ago, was the one who made the phone call who thought it was wrong. Youngsook, who was abused by her shaman mother (L), makes friends with Seo-yeon and saves his deceased father. Seo-yeon, who is soaked with happiness in the present, which has been changed by changing past events, even changes Youngsuk's fate, and is caught up in terrible things.

Seo-yeon, who blames her mother for her father's death as a child and hates her, faces a mystery in her family while enduring a difficult life. The attitude toward Young-sook's continuous calls changes from fear to joy, happiness, and screams. Seoyeon is in the middle of a loop of space and the setting of the present that changes due to changes in the past. Park Shin-hye vividly depicted all these changes and the amplitude of the heart. If you naturally follow your emotions, you will deeply immerse yourself in and support him, who has become the victim of the cruel Youngsuk.

◆ Brutal desire and brain fight… Kim Sung-ryeong's hot-year-old impression points

I have encountered numerous time warps and loops, but what makes'call' special is the way it handles time-space loops. The spacious two-story house that had been gloomy from the time Seo-yeon first stepped into was Youngsook's house 20 years ago, and to the present, which was changed as Youngsook changed the past. It changes its appearance several times. The space where someone suddenly disappears and changes in the present where Seo-yeon lives is realized with amazing visual effects. It's oddly interesting, yet bizarre.

Most of all, it is interesting to see this strange and new way of creating a thriller with a woman's face on the front. In'Call', you can face the familiar face of a child actor Park Shin-hye and the unbounded desire of Jeon Jong-seo, fresh to the public. Jeon Jong-seo's terrible face, which appears after the final scene, all the tension, seems to focus on the perfection of a thriller movie. Let's watch director Choong-Hyun Lee'how to write differently' four great actresses. Exclusive release on Netflix on the 27th.

jyyang@newspim.com

http://www.newspim.com/news/view/20201123000704

03  DAYS before #CALL On Netflix

YTN

Park Shin-Hye, today (24th) Corona 19 negative test "schedule progressing"

Input 2020.11.24. 10:52 am

Revised 24.11.2020 10:57 am

원본 이미지

Actor Park Shin-hye received a negative test result for Corona 19.

On the 24th, an official from the agency Salt Entertainment told YTN Star that "Park Shin-hye has received a negative decision and plans to proceed with the schedule normally."

Prior to this, Park Shin-hye had been tested for Corona 19 on the 23rd as an assistant performer of the JTBC drama ``Sisyphus: The Myth '' being filmed was confirmed for Corona 19.

Park Shin-hye and the assistant performer did not overlap, but the test was conducted as a contrast.

On this day, Park Shin-hye is planning an online interview for the movie'Call'. As long as it is negative, the schedule proceeds normally

YTN Star Reporter Ban Seo-yeon (uiopkl22@ytnplus.co.kr)
[Photo Credit = Osen]

cr: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001517818

[Copyright (c) YTN & YTN plus Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited]

Shin-Hye Park "Corona 19 test, fortunately, it copes well with the negative.. situation" [Interview⑤]

Reporter Kang Min-kyung / Input: 2020.11.24 12:22 / Views: 274

Shin Hye Park /Photo Credit=Netflix

Actor Park Shin-hye (31) talked about being negative after the Corona 19 test.

On the 24th, Park Shin-hye conducted a round interview for the movie'Call' (Director Choong-Hyun Lee) online.

Park Shin-hye, who received a negative decision, was able to digest the schedule for the'Call' interview that will be held from this day. In this regard, Park Shin-hye said, "I wanted to do something if I couldn't have an interview. I think there are many questions after watching the movie, but I was also nervous. Fortunately, I didn't have a filming that day."

Park Shin-hye said, "I had a test to prepare for a situation that I would not know. I am glad that I received a negative test. I prayed that everyone including the staff at the scene would receive a negative test. The filming of the drama'SiJeeps: The Miss' is coming to an end. Less than a week left. As the situation is, I think we are coping well.”

Meanwhile,'Call' will be released on Netflix on the 27th.

cr: https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020112412155108564&shlink=tw

Star News

Park Shin-hye'Expression with Emotion' [★Photo]

Reporter Lim Seong-gyun Input 2020.11.24. 11:10 Revised 24.11.2020 11:17

[Star News Reporter Lim Seong-gyun]

'Call' Park Shin-hye "Netflix release... an opportunity to overcome language and cultural barriers" [Interview①]

Input 2020.11.24 16:12 Revision 2020.11.24 17:14

Actress Park Shin-hye / Photo credit = Netflix

Park Shin-hye said, "I am excited about the idea that it is open to more than 190 countries and is seen by people all over the world. It is also expected that streaming service will be an opportunity to overcome language and cultural barriers."

She also said, "I had a lot of strange and new experiences through Hallyu dramas, but with this movie, and with a genre called thriller, I think I can tell many people that I took another challenge."

Park Shin-hye also shared her regrets for not being able to show at the theater. She said, "Because of the nature of the movie genre, there are clear details when viewed on a big screen. It is also regrettable that what you feel with your five senses, such as sight and hearing, is definitely fun when viewing in a theater." Still, she said, "Aren't people said to be animals of adaptation. I thought it was the best way to choose in the Corona era. I wonder if many people can focus more on this service alone." In addition, "If there is an element of distraction in the movie, you may miss the phone or TV, but 'Call' is not. I think that many people will concentrate on watching the story because it keeps making you curious about the story behind. I don't think I have to worry much about it.”

'Call' Silver is a mystery thriller depicting a maddening obsession that begins when two women in different time periods connected by a phone change their fates. It will be released on Netflix on the 27th.

Reporter Jiwon Kim bella@tenasia.co.kr

cr. https://tenasia.hankyung.com/movie/article/2020112462184

Star News

Park Shin-hye'Intense Image' [★Photo]

Reporter Lim Seong-gyun Input 2020.11.24. 11:14 Revised 24.11.2020 11:18

[Star News Reporter Lim Seong-gyun]

박신혜 '강렬한 이미지' [★포토]

Actress Park Shin-hye is posing before the online Netflix movie 'Call' interview on the morning of the 24th. Provided by-Netflix

Imagen

“I was so happy to hear the evaluation of 'breaking the limit' and 'widening'. In fact, I think it's the best compliment for an actor. For me, I think <Cole> is a work that has opened up a new world. It seems that there were times when I was conscious of myself and focused on myself rather than being more conscious of others. Asking questions to me, not asking anyone, but asking myself, but I think I've gotten a satisfactory answer to that question to some extent. If you have been suspicious of me in the meantime, I think that the meaning of <Call> is a work that has come to a fore.”

http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=769232

Imagen

[N Interview] ③'Call' Park Shin-hye "Jeon Jong-seo, acting creepy well... I learned a lot"

Input 2020.11.24. 12:00 PM

Revised 24.11.2020 12:01 PM
%EC%9E%A5%EC%95%84%EB%A6%84.jpg?type=nf112_112

Reporter Jang Ah-reum

In a video interview related to the Netflix movie'Call' (director Choong-hyun Lee) on the morning of the 24th, Park Shin-hye said, "There is a scene where we have a fight while filming a scene where we actually meet actor Jong-seo Jeon. She said, "I heard that it looked breathtaking and said,' Are we angry?' I did" she recalled.

She continued, "I thought that such a part was well contained in the movie. I am glad that the feelings I felt at the scene were conveyed," she praised as "Jeon Jong-seo is a really great friend."

In addition, Park Shin-hye said, "I'm also very creepy in acting, and I was so creepy in front of the camera that I wondered how there might be a friend who radiates this energy," he said. He was a friend of great faith. She was lovely, smart, and intelligent. It was a time to learn a lot from actor Jong-seo," she said.

She also mentioned the charm of Youngsook's character played by Jeon Jong-seo. Park Shin-hye said, "Youngsook's character is very attractive. When I first saw the scenario because I was insane and had a charm that made people breathless, I also saw more of Youngsook." It would also be fun to see the upright person that I have collapsed. I thought that the process would be fun too,” she added.

As for the most difficult scene while acting, she chose "the scene of getting burned". Park Shin-hye said, "I was exhausted physically rather than mentally. I screamed, exposed resentment, or physically exhausted, but it was rather okay mentally." "As the energy continued to grow and bump into each other throughout the filming together, I felt that it was filled with just two. It wasn't bad that emotion was consumed.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0005008832

126964131_1059086944538928_3010893430136734353_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=KWAdpJi8rXsAX-6HV4z&se=7&tp=1&oh=83f22ac37ec3794ccf3892b6aff2b1df&oe=5FE61261&ig_cache_key=MjQ0OTIyNzM0OTkyMDAyMzAwNw%3D%3D.2Original image

Park Shin Hye, negative on COVID19 test…”Will proceed with the schedule”

On the 24th, SALT Entertainment released that Park Shin Hye had COVID-19 test on the 23rd and got a negative result.

Earlier one of the assistant actor of JTBC’s new drama “the myth” tested positive for Corona virus, and Park Shin Hye voluntarily got tested although she had no overlap crossing path.

Park Shin Hye will proceed with the planned schedule. She is expected to participate in an online interview on the movie “Call” which is scheduled on the 24th.

Meanwhile, “Call” is a thriller mystery movie, a story of two women living in different time zones past and present connected via a single phone call. It will be released on the 27th at Netflix.

#ParkShinHye #Call #박신혜 #음성판정 #콜 #넷플릭스 #디스패치

12 h

Sports Seoul

[SS Movie]'Call' Park Shin-hye x Jeon Jong-seo, an untouchable thriller (review)

Input 2020.11.25. 7:00 am

[Sports Seoul Reporter Kim Sun-woo]

Intense. There is no time to take my eyes off. The film'Call' (director Lee Choong-hyun), starring Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo, took off the veil.

The movie'Cole', which will be released on Netflix on the 27th, is a mystery thriller depicting a maddening obsession that begins when two women in different time zones connected via a single phone change their fates. Initially, it was produced with the aim of opening a movie theater, but due to the prolonged new coronavirus infection (Corona 19), we eventually chose to go to Netflix.

'Call' is attracting attention as to whether it can emerge as a Korean Wave content following'Kingdom', which was widely acclaimed worldwide before going to Netflix. It is an unfamiliar mystery thriller recently, and it attracts interest with a story that goes back and forth between 20 years of time with two female characters at the center.

Throughout the 112-minute running time of the movie, the tension that cannot be taken off and the actors continue to perform. 28-year-old Seo-yeon (played by Park Shin-hye) living in the present and Young-sook (Jeon Jong-seo), 28 years old 20 years ago, share their daily lives and open their hearts through a coincidence connected call. Young-sook feels the wonder of Seo-yeon, who tells of a future that has not happened, and Seo-yeon builds infinite trust through Seo-yeon, who changes the parts she regretted in the past. Seo-yeon and Young-sook, who are mutually benefactors, become deeply intimate enough to change their fate, but the tragedy begins from there.

Eventually, Seo-yeon plays the role of awakening Young-sook's madness, and Young-sook runs away without knowing how to stop. Although Seo-yeon is in pain, she struggles and struggles over her own fate that depends on Young-sook. The complex and subtle psychology of Young-sook, who is getting more and more runaway, and Seo-yeon, who are changing in the process, are well captured in the film. This is the discovery of Park Shin-hye, who has already accumulated a stable acting ability since childhood, and Jeon Jong-seo, which imprints a sense of presence beyond'burning'. Not only the two, but also the roles of Lee, who is the stepmother of Young-sook and Kim Sung-ryeong, who is the mother of Park Shin-hye, play an important role in the development.

Above all, there are no scenes where Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo face each other except for a small part of the second half of the drama. It is only the telephone that connects the two. However, the tension is maximized by exchanging breaths in each space and time. Effectively dissolving the fearful psychology of being invisible. Not only the actors' passionate performances, but also the artistic part of the spatial sensation and the music of Seo Taiji, which serves as a bridge between the two while expressing the gap of 20 years, create nostalgia.

Born in 1990, director Choong-hyun Lee's youthful sensations are also evident in films. Of course, in terms of development, there are still some predictable points, but overall there are quite a lot of fresh points. Being faithful to the genre of mystery thriller, there is also a great sense of tension from music. However, it is unfortunate that it cannot be viewed on a larger screen due to the limitations of the platform. However, in that it can be enjoyed anywhere without being limited by time and space, what implications for'Call''s Netflix line will be in the corona pendemic era are attracting attention. Netflix released on the 27th.

sunwoo617@sportsseoul.com

Photo | Netflix

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000718865

E-daily

Park Shin-hye transformation, Jeon Jong-seo madness... 'Call' connects female power

Input 2020.11.25. 6:01 am
Imagen
@artshinhye
Imagen

[E-Daily Star in Reporter Park Mi-ae]

Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo continue the female power of the film industry. It is in the movie'Call' to be released on the 27th.

'Call' was a work that received attention early because of the meeting of the drama Hallyu Queen Park Shin-hye and Cinderella Jeon Jong-seo of Chungmuro. As the owner of 17 years of acting experience, Park Shin-hye leads the play with skillful expression of emotions, while Jong-seo Jeon is a new artist and invigorates the play with unprecedented spirit and resilience.

Park Shin-hye takes on the role of Seo-yeon, the current woman who pays severely the price for changing the past. It digests various emotions such as feelings of happiness, anxiety, fear, anger, and sadness from a lifeless face and makes them immerse in the character. In'Call', you can find Park Shin-hye's face, which she did not see in her bold or righteous figure in'You are handsome' (2009),'Heirs' (2013),'Pinocchio' (2014~2015),'Doctors' (2016).

She herself said, "It is the most intense in all dramas and movies."

Jeon Jong-seo played Young-sook, a woman from the past who was runaway after recognizing her terrible future. I am overwhelmed by the innocence, insanity, and Jeon Jong-seo, which casually crosses both extremes. In this film, she proves that the modifier 'Cinderella of Chungmuro' after her debut as'Burning' by director Lee Chang-dong in 2018 is not a hallmark.

'Call' received early interest in that it was a movie starring two young female actors Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo. It is a casting that is hard to see in a commercial film of over 10 billion won. Park Shin-hye was not able to establish a position like a drama in the movie, and Jeon Jong-seo is a rookie who has finished his second film, so it would not have been easy to hire two people.

Director Lee Choong-hyun, who directed this film, expressed confidence, saying, "I wanted to show how dense and powerful films of a genre led by women can be completed." In the film industry that was stingy with female actors and women's films, the birth of another female well-made commercial film is expected following the 'Samjin Group English TOEIC Class' in the second half of this year.

'Call' is a story that takes place when two women in two different time zones are connected via a single phone call. It will be released in 190 countries through Netflix on the 27th.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004793556

Ten Asia

'Call' Park Shin-hye "I brought out my anger and madness" [Interview②]

Input 2020.11.24. 4:32 PM

Revised 24.11.2020 5:15 PM
[Ten Asia = Reporter Kim Ji-won]

Imagen

Park Shin-hye said, "Before that, if you have been a character that grows by brushing off and overcoming even if it was hard, bitten, and exhausted, then Seo-yeon of this movie will accept, collapse, and fall. But it is a little harsh, rather than bravely. I fight back and revenge. (Jeon Jong-seo) has madness, while Seo-yeon has poison.” He said, "It's just that the way I express it is different, but there are so many different aspects within me. I think I was able to express the anger and madness that had been hidden through this work."

In the drama, Shin-hye Park took a lot of thought to prevent Seo-yeon from being expressed as a passive character who only wielded by Young-sook, who became a killer. Park Shin-hye cited the scene where Seo-yeon, who is at risk of her life, clings to Young-sook and swears, "I filmed while thinking about what to say to a person who cannot see me if I was on the verge of a crisis or dying. He said, "I'll try to be honest and raw without making a decision at the scene. Looking at the movie, it seems to have flowed in the direction of making better work. If you feel a little different, it's a pleasant story for me."

02  DAYS before #CALL On Netflix

'Call','Parasite' →'Avengers' production crew all dispatched...Wellmade production released

Article Approval 2020.11.23 08:31:20

Park Shin Hye for The Call

The Netflix movie'Call,' starring Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo, revealed all of the unique style and mise-en-scene that gained attention right after the trailer was released.

# Capture 20 years of time difference! Intense color that crosses between the past and the present X her home

'Call' is a mystery thriller film about a mad obsession that begins when two women in different time periods connected via a single phone change their fates. Director Lee Choong-hyun, who said, “We wanted to make a genre movie that had the power that the audience had no choice but to focus on every scene with unpredictable fun,” said director Lee Choong-hyun, who built a strong and sensuous style of'Call' with top productions at home and abroad.

First of all, director Lee Choong-hyun, who said, “I tried to express the distinction between the past and the present, was not typical,” in the same space, in order to sharply prepare for the time gap that spans more than 20 years. Vanessa Taylor colorist, who was in charge of'Call' DI, actively showed her know-how on'The Great Gatsby' and'Avengers: Age of Ultron'. "We set Seo-yeon's despair and sadness in blue tones, and Young-sook's anger, danger, and violence in red tones," said Vanessa Taylor, reinforcing the character's character by contrasting intense colors.

The intense collision of colors that was not seen in Korean movies immediately catches the viewer's eyes. The houses of Seoyeon and Youngsook, who are the main background of the story, also attract attention. The two people's houses, which change from time to time according to the times and circumstances, were completed with the hand of art director Bae Bae-yoon, who realistically portrayed the Korean era in 1997 on'National Bankruptcy Day'. Artist Bae Bae-yoon, who said, “When I read the scenario, the house felt like a protagonist,” said art director Bae Jung-yoon, using the presence or absence of patterns, differences in materials and colors, and props representing the times in the same structured set. I created a space that looks different depending on the situation.

Photo = provided by Netflix

# Editing X music beyond the existing format, raising the density of suspense!

The tense story surrounding the two people who changed each other's destiny through a phone call, added to the editing and music beyond the typical, further enhanced the genre appeal. “Parasite”, editor-in-chief Yang Jin-mo, who won the American Film Editors Association's editorial award for the first time in a foreign-language film, said, "It contains dynamic emotions through a bold editing method that other thrillers have not tried."

He used bold inserts and cross-editing, as well as struggling to find the optimal cut length to maintain the sense of immersion, "creating a tension between Seo Yeon (Park Shin-hye) and Young-sook (Jeon Jong-seo) that fool each other as if in a confrontation" Increases tension.

The sound of the music director Dal-blue, who won the Blue Dragon Film Awards for'Gokseong' and'Dolkjeon', also plays a major role in driving the atmosphere of'Call'. “I wanted to try something new outside of the existing format,” said the music director Dal-blue, not creating a theme song for each character, but let the story flow through music that goes through the entire play. The music of'Cole', which is transformed into various tones and textures and tightens the viewers, makes us more immersed in the emotions and situations of the two characters running out of control.

'Cole', a well-made production completed by top producers at home and abroad, will be released on Netflix on November 27th.

Reporter Park Kyung-hee gerrard@slist.kr

<Copyright © Single List Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited>

Entertainment2020-11-25 11:52

Park Shin-hye gained confidence through time-slip thriller 'The Call'

Park Shin-hye / Courtesy of Netflix

Park Shin-hye / Courtesy of Netflix

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Park Shin-hye, well-known for her roles in romantic comedy TV shows including "You're Beautiful" (2009) and "The Heirs" (2013), said she has enjoyed taking on a darker role in "The Call," a female cast-led thriller.

"This film made me feel more confident. It made me think it's okay to be more honest with expressing myself," Park said in an interview with The Korea Times.

The 30-year-old actress revealed that she actually turned down "The Call" because she was both physically and emotionally exhausted at the time she was offered the role.

"I received the script by the time I finished filming tvN series Memories of the Alhambra. The script was intriguing and interesting, but I initially declined the project because I was too tired to begin filming right after wrapping up the drama series," she said.

"However, the film studio head asked me to reconsider and I ended up having a meeting with director Lee Choong-hyun. After the conversation, I could feel his confidence and commitment toward The Call. So I changed my mind to join."

Adapted from "The Caller" released in 2011, the film revolves around two women who are living two decades apart but are connected through an old phone.

Park plays Seo-yeon, who lives in the present day and accidentally stumbles across an old telephone in her home. Then, she begins to receive mysterious calls from a stranger. Over time, Seo-yeon discovers that the caller is a woman named Young-sook (Jun Jong-seo) and the two develop an unlikely friendship.

One day, Young-sook suggests that she will save Seo-yeon's dad in 1999, and in return, asks her to learn about her whereabouts in 2019. As she foresees her death, Young-sook threatens to take revenge and change her past. Feeling haunted by the disturbing calls, Seo-yeon tries to save herself and her family.

Park said she focused on demonstrating the growth of her character.

"At first, I felt like Seo-yeon is too defensive because she is tricked and drawn into a risky deal," she said. "But as she finds her parents in danger, she begins to actively take action to fight off Young-sook."

"The Call" is a well-made thriller film that centers on four strong female characters.

"It's a film where four captivating women skillfully craft their own narrative without being swayed by others," she said.

Park added, "There are many time travel movies, and most of those movies center on people who have regrets and want to turn back time so they don't repeat the same mistake. However, The Call focuses on how one must deal with the consequences when you turn back time and try to change the past."

She also gushed about Jun. "I got goosebumps watching the range, flexibility and depth of her acting. She's lovable, smart and clever."

On debuting exclusively on Netflix, Park said, "Of course there are regrets about skipping theaters, but I'm pleased that I can show our film to global audiences through Netflix. I also hope The Call opens the door to a new wave of interest in Korean cinema and new opportunities for Korean film crew staff."

She also expressed excitement about "#Alive" topping Netflix's movie chart in September. "I was dumbfounded by the news because I couldn't physically feel it (by going to theaters or checking the number of visitors to cinemas). But I was so happy at the same time," she said.

Park debuted in the drama series "Stairway to Heaven" at the age of 13, and since then starred in TV dramas including "Pinocchio" (2014) "Doctors" (2016) and "Memories of the Alhambra" (2018). She has appeared in films like "My Annoying Brother" (2016) "Heart Blackened" (2017) and "#Alive" (2020).

"The Call" will premiere on Netflix, Nov. 27.

Imagen

Imagen

@marieclairekorea  https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAgju8h-3o/

• 영화 <#콜>이 이번주 금요일(27일) #넷플릭스 (@netflixkr)에서 공개됩니다. 다른 시간대에 살고 있는 두 여성이 전화 한 통으로 연결되며 벌어지는 이야기를 그리는데요. 영화에 출연한 배우 #박신혜 (@ssinz7)와 #전종서 에게 작품을 통해 본 서로의 첫인상, 배우로서 서로에게 가장 궁금한 점, 인생 스릴러 영화 등에 대해 질문했습니다. 풀 버전은 마리끌레르 유튜브에서 확인하세요.
    #EDITOR_HBS
    Video #EDITOR_LYJ
    Styling 차주연(박신혜) (@alohalohaluv), 이정아(전종서) (@stylist_yijeongah)
    Hair 차세인(박신혜) (@chasein7), 김유미(전종서) (@naby2999)
    Makeup 이한나(박신혜) (@jennyhousehanna), 무진(전종서) (@mujin81)
    Design 김동미
    -
    Interview with Park Shin Hye and Jun Jong Seo of a movie <The Call>. Full video on Marie Claire Korea youtube.
    -
    #박신혜 #전종서 #콜 #영화 #마리끌레르 #인터뷰 #ParkShinHye #JunJongSeo #TheCall #magazine #editorial #MarieClaire
    3 h

The movie <#call> will be released on #Netflix (@netflixkr) this Friday (27th). Two women living in different time zones are connected via a single phone call. We asked actors #Park Shin-hye (@ssinz7) and #Jeon Jong-seo who appeared in the movie about each other's first impressions through the work, the most curious things about each other as actors, and life thriller movies. Check out the full version on Marie Claire's YouTube.
    #EDITOR_HBS
    Video #EDITOR_LYJ
    Styling Cha Joo-yeon (Park Shin-hye) (@alohalohaluv), Lee Jung-ah (Jeon Jong-seo) (@stylist_yijeongah)
    Hair Sein Cha (Shinhye Park) (@chasein7), Yumi Kim (Jongseo Jeon) (@naby2999)
    Makeup Lee Hanna (Park Shin Hye) (@jennyhousehanna), Mujin (Jeon Jong Seo) (@mujin81)
    Design Dongmi Kim
    -
    Interview with Park Shin Hye and Jun Jong Seo of a movie <The Call>. Full video on Marie Claire Korea youtube.
    -
  •  

Park Shin Hye Talks About Her New Thriller Film “Call,” Female-Driven Movies, And More

Nov 25, 2020
by S. Nam

Park Shin Hye talked about her new film “Call” in an online interview!

“Call” is a mystery thriller about two women who live in different times and the events that unfold when they are connected through a phone call. The film is helmed by director Lee Choong Hyun, who produced the short film “Bargain.”

Park Shin Hye plays Seo Yeon, a woman trying to change the past, and Jeon Jong Seo plays Young Sook, a woman trying to change the future. The film also stars Kim Sung Ryung, Lee El, Park Ho San, Oh Jung Se, Lee Dong Hwi, and more.

Park Shin Hye shared, “Rather than a story about things that happen between a man and a woman, it’s a women-centric film. I think it’s a well-made movie that was produced well. It’s a film that the women firmly lead from their own places, with their independent opinions and refusal to be swayed.”

Park-Shin-Hye-6.jpg

She continued, “The film is very charming as the four women work well together. Although there are many projects about time, characters normally turn back time so that they won’t have regrets. However, we talk about the story that results after turning back time.”

As Seo Yeon, Park Shin Hye had to portray a wide range of emotions in the film. On her character, the actress shared, “I was worried that she is too accommodating when Young Sook controls her and that I wouldn’t be able to show a different side of myself than I had before. I thought about how I can show her having an independent perspective rather than being dragged along like other female leads.”

The actress also talked about her cursing scenes. She explained, “My emotions would build while acting, more so than in the scenario, so many scenes were ad-libbed. Rather than it being uncomfortable, I immersed myself even more in the situation after encouraging my emotions.”

Park-Shin-Hye-31.jpg

Park Shin Hye talked about wanting diverse female characters. She commented, “Rather than just myself, many female actresses feel this. When targeting the film market, I think that the topics and cast that can bring in a big audience lean too much to one side.”

She continued, “However, if there are no opportunities either, I think the situation will forever be the same. Many people are endlessly taking on the challenge. Thinking we’re also taking part in that through ‘Call,’ I hope opportunities like this increase and broaden the field.”

“Call” will be released on November 27. Watch a trailer for the film here!