English title: Love Story of Court Enemies/Palace Step By Step To Fade

Genre: Suspense, Historical, Romance, Drama

Episodes: 36

Broadcast Period: July 8th - August 12th, 2020

Cast:

Wu Jia Yi

Zhao Yi Qin

Synopsis:

The story is set in the Yuan year of the Yongzheng era. In the time of chaos, Yu Xing and her sister Cai Feng were separated. When Yu Xing knew that Cai Feng had entered the palace as a consort candidate, she decides to follow suit as a chef trainee. Her culinary skills deeply impressed the Emperor, and she was quickly promoted through the ranks. However during the Empress Dowager's funeral, she accidentally breached a taboo and offended the Emperor. She was then sent to the countryside to do manual labour. There, she got to befriend a healer and picked up medical skills. Using her new-found skills, she managed to help the people who were suffering from a widespread pandemic. When she returned to the capital, she enrolled into the imperial medical college and started from the bottom as a trainee practitioner. She also finds love with general Yue Zong Lin.

cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Story of Court Enemies 那江烟花那江雨

This drama is fun to watch. Don’t know the leads but I must say the male lead is rather good looking. I like the vibrant colours of the sets and costumes, especially the the embroidery details - so pretty! Don’t know if it’s a Budget or big money production, but I am really pleasantly surprised at the gorgeous details.

The story is engaging enough for me to keep watching - up to 8 episodes now. None of the complicated classical prose so it’s not for people who prefer sophisticated political dramas. Still, the script is cleverly written with enough palace intrigues to keep me interested in the further developments. The female lead is quite clever, and not one to be bullied, but a bit dense to the male lead’s feelings so far. It’s fun to watch their interactions. 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Story of Court Enemies 那江烟花那江雨