[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Where in the book is this part lol

@FoxontheMoon 

Here’s what I translated from the book for the part you are asking for. I found my own post. Note that I read all Tang Qi’s books in chinese as I am bilingual.

“所幸她恢复力好,经了再大的折腾,大睡一觉起来又是一条好汉,再则这件事她也不是不喜欢,只是帝君太有探索精神,搞得她有点累,除此外她没觉得有什么。”

Excerpt from
三生三世 枕上书·终篇
唐七公子

Rough Translation:

Luckily her ability to recover is good, no matter what torment she had gone through, a big sleep will restore her, besides, it’s not like she didn’t like this matter, but Di Jun had too much of an exploratory spirit, making her feel a little tired, other than that, she didn’t feel like anything (bad).

Excerpt from

Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book. Lower Volume

Tang Qi Gong Zi (tang qi’s full penname).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Luckily her ability to recover is good, no matter what torment she had gone through, a big sleep will restore her, besides, it’s not like she didn’t like this matter, but Di Jun had too much of an exploratory spirit, making her feel a little tired, other than that, she didn’t feel like anything (bad).

Excerpt from

Oh my! He had that much of an exploratory spirit because its FJ. BGG sibling would be coming sooner rather than later id Dijun keeps "exploring" :naughty:

• Naughty 4
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

@FoxontheMoon 

Here’s what I translated from the book for the part you are asking for. I found my own post. Note that I read all Tang Qi’s books in chinese as I am bilingual.

Excerpt from
三生三世 枕上书·终篇
唐七公子

Rough Translation:

Excerpt from

Now.. now.. What torment Tangqi meant? :sweatingbullets: lol. Naughty naughty.. :P

• LOL 4

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

@FoxontheMoon 

Excerpt from
三生三世 枕上书·终篇
唐七公子

Rough Translation:

Excerpt from

FJ is indeed the perfect wife for DH. She is probably just as adventurous and curious as DH. 

9 hours ago, triplesung said:

Oh my! He had that much of an exploratory spirit because its FJ. BGG sibling would be coming sooner rather than later id Dijun keeps "exploring" :naughty:

Yup, can totally see that happening if FJ and DH let's nature take it course.

• LOL 3

12 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

And talking about the boat scene, anyone notice the way DH look at FJ? When BGG told them he want to stay in Holy Blue Sea, DH stared at BGG and then to FJ while fixing her hair, his expression show how proud he is. He was like.. Look how beautiful my wife is.. And we make a beautiful baby!

I loved the scene so much! DH and FJ looked at each other so affectionately. The whole scene showed how blissfully happy the family was. The clip was short, but sweet and on point.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, Ninky said:

I actually analysed the book universe a lot as I try to understand each character’s motivation in the story. 

For example, Dong Hua is in fact a very lonely person. For thousands and thousands of years, that loneliness slowly became a part of him, and people just saw him as a man who is cold, desireless, loveless and like the buddha, unaffected by feelings as time went by. 

How wrong was everyone? Inside him, lies a passionate heart. When he finally met the love of his life, the fire in his heart began to burn. He finally found a reason to exist, to really live. For the first time, someone was willing to protect him and love him without asking anything in return. It was a love given to him with no regrets. 

The red Nine tailed fox is the fire that ignited his passionate heart. Young as she is, she freely gave her heart to him and suffered so much, yet she never regretted loving him, not even when she lived in the mortal world and raised their son alone.

How could that not melt an ice face? He has his flaws but he is still a good man, he had been quietly helping mortals by creating the Hui Ming realm to absorb the three poisons so that the endless wars And chaos would stop and people can live a peaceful existence.

Anyway I digress but that’s an example of my summarised character analysis of 东华紫府少阳君 (Dong Hua, Young Sun Lord of the Purple Mansion). I have heaps more on each character in my head but it’d be too much to write :blush:.

It's interesting how everyone thinks DHDJ is lazy, because he seemingly just lay around to read, drink tea and do his own thing at his own pace. I think of DH as a cat. He seems lazy, but is actually quietly observing, and storing all the energy he needs to pounce and save the world.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, triplesung said:

I knew the ranking bit of DHDJ but reading this made me realize how amazing FJ is for having such a high ranking immortal wrapped around her pinky finger. :neutral:

FJ was certainly young, optimistic and naive when she first met DH. It probably helped that she was brought up in a carefree environment, that she didn't think too much in terms of the difference between DH and her ranking.

FJ is innately sweet and charming, that she have this ability to wrap most people around her finger!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

Am I the only fan who don't know the detail? I am not hardcore enough it seems. I need to study the book and the drama even harder to catch up you guys ability. Lol. 

It would be nice if my passion for study during my exam as much as my passion for Pillow Book

I haven't read the book yet but I've the drama at least 4 times :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Out of curiosity, say Meng Shao or Xiao Yan volunteered to save Feng Jiu and give up a lot of their power to enter the formation? They don’t actually go in yet; but announce their intent.

For Meng Shao: we can see in the drama he was already willing to do so.

for Xiao Yan: this is just a fanfic idea, but Xiao Yan blames himself for telling Feng Jiu to give Ice Face a chance. (I just love it when Dong Hua feel guilty...mostly because I still blame him for the Saha fruit thing and he never even apologised about that in the BOOK.)

anyway, when the announce their intent to save Feng Jiu, how do you think Dong Hua will respond?

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, say Meng Shao or Xiao Yan volunteered to save Feng Jiu and give up a lot of their power to enter the formation? They don’t actually go in yet; but announce their intent.

for Xiao Yan: this is just a fanfic idea, but Xiao Yan blames himself for telling Feng Jiu to give Ice Face a chance. (I just love it when Dong Hua feel guilty...mostly because I still blame him for the Saha fruit thing and he never even apologised about that in the BOOK.)

anyway, when the announce their intent to save Feng Jiu, how do you think Dong Hua will respond?

I don't think he will say much. DH will continue with his plan and save FJ. He may some how prevent them from trying to get in to help, because the more people go in, the more unstable the dream may be. 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chsaf said:

I haven't read the book yet but I've the drama at least 4 times :joy:

The drama was close enough, but there are plenty of details in the book that are way, much better than how it was portrayed.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

They can volunteer all they want, but DH said he'll be the one to go. Who dares to openly defy the emperor? Not even XY no matter how stubborn he is. LS sent Su Moye later, but that's also a calculated move, because SMY previously lived in FV as Aranya's master. Even DH asked details before he made his decision.

See the differences: Meng Shao and XY due to friendship. Both emotionally driven to save FJ, which, though noble, will be pointless when logic and cool heads are needed. Think of it as a hostage situation. Whereas DH, and SMY through LS, have the necessary know-how, discipline, and experience. DH will know about infiltration and intelligence gathering, while SMY knew Aranya very well.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:
2 hours ago, Megan said:

His respond would be "who do you think you are that you think you could go rescue what is belong to me? She is my woman so it has to be me.." lol

• LOL 5

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

FJ was certainly young, optimistic and naive when she first met DH. It probably helped that she was brought up in a carefree environment, that she didn't think too much in terms of the difference between DH and her ranking.

FJ is innately sweet and charming, that she have this ability to wrap most people around her finger!

To be honest, she even had her bff xiao yan wrapped around her little finger. She actually managed to talk him into stealing the saha fruit lol. 

Which was also why DH wanted to get rid of him so much! Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

You know the scene where Zhihe dances and hopes to have her exile over. Then Feng Jiu and Bai Zhen or Bai Qian then say it’s not right for her to come back just because she danced. Then Dong Hua offered to go to the battlefield for his foster sister.

Why did Feng Jiu and Bai Zhen talk about his parentage then? What was the point?

13 minutes ago, Megan said:

You know the scene where Zhihe dances and hopes to have her exile over. Then Feng Jiu and Bai Zhen or Bai Qian then say it’s not right for her to come back just because she danced. Then Dong Hua offered to go to the battlefield for his foster sister.

Why did Feng Jiu and Bai Zhen talk about his parentage then? What was the point?

That DH does it for Zhi He due to gratitude to her parents. Actually, it's bad for DH's reputation - it's close to playing favourites among subjects, even if she's his foster sister. Zhi He should pay for her offenses as others did - do something meritorious for the clan.

BQ or BZ, and FJ would know, having gone to battles themselves. BQ and BZ at the battle of Ruoshoi, FJ at mortal realm for SXR.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That DH does it for Zhi He due to gratitude to her parents. Actually, it's bad for DH's reputation. Zhi He should pay for her offenses as others did - do something meritorious for the clan.

Dong Hua is like Feng Jiu in this regard, he understands the debt of gratitude and will do his best to return the favour. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua is like Feng Jiu in this regard, he understands the debt of gratitude and will do his best to return the favour. 

He does, but for Zhi He to be back again from exile, then the timing (bad planning of Tianjun, hahaha!) when it was asked, was not quite right. DH won't feel embarrassed, but Tianjun will have migraine. :lol:

• LOL 3

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

To be honest, she even had her bff xiao yan wrapped around her little finger. She actually managed to talk him into stealing the saha fruit lol. 

Which was also why DH wanted to get rid of him so much! Hahaha!

Si Ming was also wrapped around her little finger :joy: pretty much everyone was willing to do her bid no matter how difficult.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, chsaf said:

Si Ming was also wrapped around her little finger :joy: pretty much everyone was willing to do her bid no matter how difficult.

Part of her charm. :) Even Cang Yi defended her after she wrecked his place.

Hahaha, I think only Fuzi was a bit difficult :lol: And the other ladies after DH. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1