[Drama 2018] Switch: Change the World, 스위치 - 세상을 바꿔라

0ly40

[News] The scene of the drama Switch does not seem to end, Han Ye Ri - Jang Keun Suk - Song Won-seok - Cha Yup accepting one after another nomination of the ice bucket challenge!

Whether in Drama "Switch - Change the World" they hurt each other or cooperate with each other, back to the reality, we may see Sa Do Chan, O Hara and manager Kim and Department Chief Ko, in fact, are all good partners to do good deeds.

Jang Keun Suk posted a video on Instagram yesterday afternoon and said, “Hello, everyone, as receiving the nomination of Han Ye Ri, I’m going to participate in the 2018 Ice Bucket Challenge." Switch is the drama the two partners first cooperated to work out. In and behind the scenes, they had a good time quarreling and fighting noisily, in reality, they have a perfect tacit understanding of doing good.

65ef53289e449c65658ad1726db465aa.jpg

Jang Keun-suk explained in detail the purpose of the ice bucket challenge and the construction of the medical Hospital for Lou Gehrig's disease. He also disclosed that he had donated to the Seungil Hope Foundation (WITHICE) and hoped that more people would work together to do good.

After a full bucket of ice cubes was poured down, Jang Keun Suk did not forget to designate the next challengers. In addition to Model Kim Young-hoon, he designated Song Won-seok, and Actor Cha Yup. On hearing both names, they seem to be unknown to us. Searching the two photographs immediately revealed that they were old friends who were having a relationship of love and hatred with Jang Keun Suk in “Switch."

This video evoked netizens' enthusiastic responses. They all said, “Ah, I want to see Switch again.” "No matter when, Jang Keun Suk, who is always busy working as a PR ambassador and taking part in charity events, is really cool!”

Trans: JKS FC in Taiwan

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/106275

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

K- Drama 'Switch' Promises To Thrill Its Viewers
More often than not, petty con artists are locked up in jail while big ones enjoy comfortable lives in penthouses. Sadly enough, many Koreans often realize that it is hard to catch outrageously bad crooks by way of the law. The new TV series "Switch - Change the World" on SBS is designed to give TV viewers thrilling satisfaction that is hard to get in real life by establishing justice with the help of a bad guy who acts as the look-alike of a good one.

"Switch" drama will show an interesting irony in how the crook Sa Do-chan, the spitting image of a prosecutor named Paik Jun-su who falls unconscious following a premeditated car accident, does a better job of holding bad guys accountable than the real prosecutor.

"The irony of the world we live in is that a fake pretends to be a real one and lives a better life," director Nam Tae-jin said during a press conference at the SBS headquarters in Seoul on Wednesday.

bf72ba530dd7e84490dda7411f647b41.jpg

By bringing the "paradoxical reality" onto the screen, Nam said, "I want to give viewers a thrilling and gratifying experience."

Actor and singer Jang Keun-suk is playing the double role of Sa and Paik in the Wednesday-Thursday drama, which will be his first TV series in two years since "The Royal Gambler" on the same network.

During the media event, the actor said the drama will likely be his last work before starting his mandatory military service. All able-bodied Korean men should serve in the military for about two years. Details of Jang's enrollment have yet to be determined.

That said, Jang has tried to show his best performance yet in the show.
"I feel a heavy responsibility for the series ... Doing the double role is a new challenge for me. I will show my best performance, so that people can naturally associate me with the two characters," he said.

1bf5219c19b2167383ccb599cf3d8a87.jpg

The actor is huge popularity across Asia. In the lobby of the network, a few hundred fans -- Koreans and foreigners alike -- lined up to see the star. The lobby was lined with flower wreathes and presents from fans decorated with supporting messages.
He didn't forget to offer his fans special thanks for their unwavering support and love.

"I feel sorry for my fans because it's been a while since I did my last work. They waited to see me working in dramas and films. They are the ones who made me who I am now," he said.

While very excited about his new work, he said he felt "really challenged as my character accounts for a huge portion of the drama."

Jang was offered the role last fall. When he started to read the script, he said he couldn't put it down.

"I read through the fifth episode on the spot. I visualized the text in my head, and it made my palm sweat with tension. Every incident falls into place like making a puzzle. The biggest selling point is its huge movie-like scale."

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/new-k-drama-switch-promises-to-thrill-its-viewers/

• Like 3

Review about "Switch" drama

Okay wow, just finished it. It was such fun and exciting drama of 32 eps. We get introduced to both Sa Do Chan and Baek Joon Soo right at the starting, and the plot just dives in. I would definitely recommend this drama for anyone looking for a fun drama of prosecutors and our con man :wink:

cd2852496c03707db2179e71b4d75c15.jpg

[May contain spoilers]
This is a drama about how our conman, Sa Do Chan, who concidently also looks like Baek Joon Soo- a prosecutor. Due to a number of circumstances, he ends up taking Joon Soo's spot while also having to deal with our main female -Oh Ha Ra, another prosecutor. I think this drama was fun and clever and I never felt it dragged. I like the smart villains were out smarter.
Many of us may consider this drama as Jang Keun Suk's comeback to dramas (apart from his side character in Hwayugi). Now this is one I can call one heck of an actor! Played as both Sa DoChan and Baek JoonSoo and the execution between these two characters is really smooth, I for one fell in love with all the expressions that our conman expressed *-*

Heck, i wouldn't say just a double role,maybe triple? for he plays not only Joon Soo & Sa Do Chan but also as Sa Do Chan playing Joon Soo. Romance in this drama takes a backseat really, don't watch it if that's all you're going in for. BUT the chemistry between the two of them is definitely there, and so visible too. Not forgetting our side characters! They all were very much involved in this, making a fully rounded team I wholeheartedly fell in love with. As for the music, I honestly did not pay it much mind except the times DC played out his plans flawlessly. 

This drama ended as playfully as it started out. Re-watch? HECK YES. I went through such a range of emotions that I would very much welcome again. And a season two if there is, but not hoping for much in that aspect.

Once again, if you are wondering if you should watch this or not? yes yes yes, a thousand times yes. Entertaining and crime-filled, with enough humour thrown into the mix. Still not sure? Get through episode 1. Guarantee suck in if you make it past.

cre: mydramalist.com

• Like 3

Multi-Generation Flowerboy Male Leads Dominate 1st Half Of 2018 K-Drama Sphere
2018 Korean dramas have been sizzling with heart flutters and well-made stories from a mixture of fresh and old favorite drama male leads who have conquered the K-dramaland in the first half of 2018.
JANG GEUN SUK – AS SA DO CHAN & BAEK JUN SOO IN SWITCH CHANGE THE WORLD
Carrying the weight of the story, Jang Geun Suk, who played dual roles as a prosecutor and con artist, handled his personas with poise and commitment. The focus he dedicated in switching his characters, who were even switching inside the story itself, deserves an applause. He relentlessly maintained the stimulating momentum with his flexible acting skills.

8f8342587ba3620643c36a667409e72c.jpg

https://www.hellokpop.com

• Like 2

[Showbiz Korea] JANG KEUN SUK (장근석) RECEIVES AN APPRECIATION PLAQUE FROM THE KTO

Jang Keun Suk, Prince of Asia received an appreciation plaque from The KTO

The plaque was given to show gratitude for his contribution in attracting foreign tourists to Korea.
Jang Keun Suk was the PR Ambassador for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games. 
His TV Drama "Switch- Change the world" was sensational in Korea and abroad. 
Hope to see Jang Keun Suk in a new production very soon. 

• Like 2

Jang Keun Suk's video at Korean Tourism Festival in Tokyo

I’m Jang Keun Suk.
From my heart I’d like to welcome you visiting 2018 Korea Tourism Festival in Tokyo!
It’s my great pleasure to greet you on video from Korea like this.
I got this year off to a great start.
As Honorary Ambassador for the PyeongChang Winter Olympics and Paralympics I was given an opportunity to greet so many people all over the world and I believe the Olympics helped Japan and Korea to become better friends with each other.
I had a great time getting closer to my good friends and seeing a lot of them.
Though the Olympics were over, I hope your hearts as well as mine are still full of its passion.
Now I’m sure you’re enjoying this festival and like the atmosphere at the venue.
I do hope I will come to see you in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games!
Till then please wait for me! Bye bye ~ 

cr: Ig Yachan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1