[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

@mantleprey  lol! i know right, maybe our KAJ doesn't expect that lol. At first she was having fun teasing him, but from some of the latest BTS we can see she act so shy :D and in the wrap up party our KAJ is act bold to hold KNG hand for cutting the cake and take the knife from KNG hand. KNG just looking stay cool in that moment lol aigoo our gum couple are unpredictable right :wub:

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ImKyung said:

Hide contents

Pay attention to their feet lol (KAJ's included)

nUD99kv.gif

I really like this part when KNG turned his head and the expression and his mouth showed like he's thinking, 'Aish, this woman really makes me crazy!!! What should I do???'

7 minutes ago, iamemilykay said:

@sight_stv IKR! Yes, i shall go "find" an opportunity to "test" the printers again :tongue: mwahahahaha! But I must first decide on which photo to print! There's so many good ones that I'm conflicted now, ottoke? Hahaha~~ and yes yes yes again to THE FEEELSSS! Because its KAJ doing it on her own behind the cameras! And that says alot! Its not required by the drama but she's giving him :heart: My shipper heart just fluttered~~~~ :wub:

And @leba I totally agree with your analyses of their body language revealing how they feel abt each other, especially in the BTS!  I feel like holding ur hands and do a little jig when reading ur posts~ yeap, thats how much I agree with u :lol:! Because their silent gestures and responses towards one another are concrete evidences of their closeness, even without them saying it. :) During the Namsan tower date, the way KAJ leaned into KNG many times are very telling. She tends to lean in until his side/arms reaches the middle of her body and chest, which seems like a posture of finding security next to him. To me, its like she fully trust him to completely let go of herself to lean on him? I find this very evident in the scene where KNG and KAJ had love signs on their hair, and she asked him to look into the mirror. Her chest was leaned on his shoulder while her right arm clinged to his side plus her left arm on the other shoulder~ she's giving him a complete SIDE HUG! Or should I say a complete CLING HUG? :tongue: And not only on leaning in/clinging on to him, the way she holds his hand with fingers intertwined and also puts it on her chest seemed like a beloved gesture that says "this person is close to my heart"........okay, am I reading too much into them with a delulu mind?~~ hahahah~ :lol::lol: I wonder if I'm still making sense here....:tongue:

Oh and I also agree on LUTYN being a different kind of drama for KAJ. I've watched two of her previous works and love her in them, particularly "The Accidental Couple". Though she did well in both those projects, I felt like she has been stereotyped into certain characters in drama world. Idk how to describe this accurately but I feel like LUTYN gave her a breakthrough? She played YeonKyung with so much heart that made me immensely endeared to YK. Like YK is a human being that truly exist in the real world and all I wanted for her is to have a happy ending with HI. And not to mention the exceeding amount of girliness she exuded thruout this entire drama, something which I have not seen in the past. It seems like KNG unleashed a whole entirely girly, shy, aegyo-ish side of KAJ! I am SO.UTTERLY.GLAD they took on these roles and healed me of my drama slump. :blush:

I agreee with u too! I think LUTYN is one project that has a storyline and characters that are a big change from what KNG and KAJ have been typecasted to do. Usually they get dark, revenge plots. This time it’s something with lots of positivity, humor and lots of lessons in life. Very meaningful project. And therefore they can be more natural. More real feelings can come into play too. And that means real feelings of romance: 

10 hours ago, lyserose said:

Checking in just before I am off to bed.

From my observation, KAJ probably crushed on KNG as early as when they started filming. She talked about him with full admiration. KNG's interest perhaps started or more obvious starting from BTS for episode 11 (the whole "omma" things). While KAJ was free to express her admiration and crush towards KNG earlier (sending heart sign to him in BTS for episode 5), she appeared to take a step back once KNG showing interest.

Namsan Tower date BTS sealed the deal for me. Both appeared shy, guarded and tensed. No more free expression.

Idk but I got the feeling that they are already in a relationship. I rewatched the cake cutting video of the wrap party. KAJ stole knowing glances at KNG which he acknowledged but downplayed in public. The body language very telling. And they seem to resemble each other more and more.

So maybe I am delusional but even the most neutral recapper at Dramabeans can sound shippery, I therefore believe something definitely cooking between them. Can i just sign up to work at Dispatch now? They are too slow. 

@lyserose I think you are spot on, I feel this way too. For the BTS at namsam, I feel that his behaviour is way too "unnatural" (avoiding his gaze) especially when they have scenes together. And the part where he said, "People are watching" is equally telling as if he is afraid that people know that there is something going on...The gaze KAJ gave him after he said ILU is too sweet and loving also, abit teasing in fact. I think that scene is intended by the director though as I heard him telling KNG to quickly say his line when KNG broke out smiling in embarrassment. They could be starting something since then...oh my delulu mind!!

As for the cake cutting, he seems shy and awkward whereas KAJ seems a little too comfy with him, by her standing position, hand holding gesture, knowing looks. They are practically glued together from that position. I need to rewatch it though to see the part about the silent acknowledgement from KNG. Which part of the video is that?

On a side note, i’m beginning to observe that KAJ is actually quite a shy person in front of the media. Very different from the roles she has to portray- confident, vocal, bold. But in real life, she doesn’t really like to look much at the camera in interviews. And when she saw her scenes during the press con for LUTYN, she looked embarrassed. Haha. I like her sweet and quiet and unassuming nature. There was another interview posted in this forum too. The one that she talked about how she is a kid when dealing with adult love relationship. She also looked quite shy throughout the interview. So

i think, she’s a person who loves and has a great passion for acting, her craft, but deep down inside, she doesn’t really like public attention. And she would rather just be quiet. :)

KNG on the other hand, appears confident in public. Very masculine every time we see in his interviews. But he also has a soft and shy spot when it comes to love. And he can’t help it but be shy when he started having more interest in KAJ. That happy shy-ness is so cute. :wub:

So in essence, our Gum couple are quite shy people.

1 hour ago, littlebluecat said:

I really like this part when KNG turned his head and the expression and his mouth showed like he's thinking, 'Aish, this woman really makes me crazy!!! What should I do???'

Haha I think he is thinking “she has beautiful eyes ❤️❤️“, then caught himself so was feeling embarrassed. He did look like he was totally absorbed in looking at her eyes, to the extent of staring even. But the feeling is probably mutual as I also sense that the way she looked at him soften considerably since episode 9 and it is rubbing off him.

For me, I try not to read too much into the kiss since they are both experienced actors who had acted in in 19+ movies so they would be less inhibited in terms of kissing. But I low key ship them mainly because of the body language in the bts like many of you here. Much has been said and agree with @lyserose and @josung that the body language in bts for episode 13 onwards is too suspicious. KNG gives the vibe of being fairly confident and comfortable with ladies (and we can see that in earlier bts), but that changed mid way so question is why.

Now if we examine KAJ’s body language, conversely she was more reserved in earlier bts, and even though she likes to touch and hold him etc, she always seems embarrassed and shy when she did it, and usually those instances were because she was embarrassed or teased about something. But at the episode 13 bts ice cream date, she became confident and forward in holding him and hugging. From then on, her demeanor also changed eg even when KNG was embarrassed at the porch scene, she was totally  calm and in control (you know how she used to laugh along when he did) which probably made him even more flustered. Also during the morning kiss at the doorway, very calm while he came across as more jittery. Like someone knows she has the upper hand (in a good way)

7 minutes ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

Ahh I see.... no wonder I find she seems to be always spacing out during interviews. So she tends to “feel numb” as she says of herself.

But it’s true that when she’s acting, she becomes very charismatic and attractive. 

Am just wondering, why KAJ’s “some” level of relationships never ever blossomed into full blown ones. Haha. Could it be that she’s always into books and studies and can become a bit too boring for her suitors, and because they can’t keep up to her intellect, they do not pursue it further with her?

oh well, if that’s the case, I really hope KNG appreciates the geeky side of KAJ. He might be a geek himself. Haha. That makes them one! 

Hello everyone there hehe I’m a new soompier(?) because I found this forum of our gum couple  it’s amazing what KAJ & KNG can make me do lol I have actually never gone this far to join forums like this for all of my other ships. I’m rlly thankful for this platform knowing that i’m not the only one going crazy over our knife-acupuncture couple

Spoiler

2 hours ago, namoaix said:

Hello everyone there hehe I’m a new soompier(?) because I found this forum of our gum couple  it’s amazing what KAJ & KNG can make me do lol I have actually never gone this far to join forums like this for all of my other ships. I’m rlly thankful for this platform knowing that i’m not the only one going crazy over our knife-acupuncture couple

Hide contents

Hi @namoaix. Welcome to Gum house. You're not the only one. I'm also a new soompier. I never commented on public sites nor I voiced out what I feel about kdrama. Because no matter how much I love a couple or a storyline, I always said to myself, 'This is just a fantasy. Don't mix it with reality.' But damn, LUTYN and KimKimCouple just made me threw away all my principles that I stood to. :lol: And I don't regret it. I got new friends to spazz with about this OTP, I got to say my opinions that people outside of kdrama would think a bit too much, and I am happier. I always caught myself smiling like a fool when I read all the comments in here. :D

So, welcome again!

4 hours ago, littlebluecat said:

4 hours ago, iamemilykay said:

And I just wanted to add on something for these 2 gifs above that I find sooo heart fluttering:

1st gif: The caption says "Is it okay to be this lovey dovey even in a rehearsal....." hehehehe~~ they are ONLY rehearsing, but the "attraction-o-meter" burst thru maximum~ this is them, as themselves, for REALSSSS :heart::heart:

qWTygba.gif

4 hours ago, uphie_ajah said:

Btw, @ImKyung since u really good at making a gif. Can you include KNG reaction in bts ep 12? After PD nim said he shy. KAJ keep looking at him, and he said waee...  In such an aegyo. Really cute. 

ZJOmwje.gif

Any other incoming demand for gifs ? I'm in a good mood today :lol:

Just now, ImKyung said:

Any other incoming demand for gifs ? I'm in a good mood today :lol:

Gif 1: Oh, I didn't notice his eyes...it was a rehearsal, right? He lost his words after seeing her eyes. Omooo... funny and cute :lol:

Gif 2: Why was he shy? What do you think chingu? That scene was being taken before kiss scene seemingly but after 'japanese soldier incident' :lol: 

Because of live shooting, I don't think the director made a shooting schedule based on locations order but scene order. Locations order is suitable for pre- production drama/movie. Scene order make possible for the production team to back and forth for a couple times to the A or B locations depend on which episode are being shot.

I meant, for example, ep 15&16...

My theory: They took the war and hospital (after HI went back to Joseon era) scenes first (there were team A & B, right?. Remember about some facts from LUTYN staff in DC?) in the same time. Both lead actors separated for a while.

Besides war scene, KNG had also to shoot HI went back to Joseon to cure YY; crying on the rain; meeting Sayaga; treating villagers; eating noodle; book rack crashing scenes.

Then...

Hospital scene: HI visited grandpa; eating rice ball with YK; emergency room scenes.

Haeminseo scene: kitchen scene (they reunited in ep 15, the emotion was sooo deep. They really missed each other - HAHA); saying goodbye scenes (quarreling, eating, and spending time together in the living room; taking pictures; sleeping on the floor; greeting on the yard; needle piercing moment scenes.

Last...

Seoul station scene (again, the first one is dating scene): reunited for the last time scene.

Ha-ha...that's my opinion, don't think 'bout it seriously. Let's have some fun here.

Just now, leba said:

Ahh I see.... no wonder I find she seems to be always spacing out during interviews. So she tends to “feel numb” as she says of herself.

But it’s true that when she’s acting, she becomes very charismatic and attractive. 

Ha-ha..I watch the press conf video again. Both KNG and KAJ laughed out loud of YMK comment.

I don't understand Hangul, but from some words and the body language, I conclude:

3:00 - 05:10: KNG and KAJ gave complements to each other. She seemed admiring him a lot by saying it's an honor for her to perform besides KNG in a drama.

44:43 - 46:58: the director asked about the casting process, why did he cast them. KNG said the director described his three co-stars as 'beautiful' persons...but 'that word' wasn't addressed to him :lol: (please someone who understand Hangul can translate that part :innocent: )

In Vlive...
Oh, it's not only me who think KAJ was not focus on the interview. KNG was the one who guiding her when she answering the questions...but then...it turned into a funny or cute moment. I do like the way they interact and bond as close friends. 

11:02 when someone asked KAJ, KNG lifted her brows ... take a look properly.

14:20 KNG pulled the paper from KAJ's hand.

15:20 YMK talked about KNG & KAJ chemistry which was interpreted as Romance between HI & YK.

18:48 KNG tried to ask KAJ but her answer made both laughed.

19:11 KNG asked KAJ about 'heart'? She took some time to answer it, KNG guided her patiently but still... KAJ was too slow Ha-Ha.

19:58 When KNG was surprised of KAJ's answer. They had a different point of view of something. Love they way they debated.

21:31 KAJ gave a brief explanation of the actors and characters in LUTYN, and KNG cheered KAJ up. 

24:23 KNG reacted to fans' comment about KAJ.

28:21 KNG talked about NG? He touched her and asked to sit close to him

Sorry, I can't translate their conversation... I only can capture the moment by watching their body language.

15 minutes ago, martanur said:

Gif 2: Why was he shy? What do you think chingu? That scene was being taken before kiss scene seemingly but after 'japanese soldier incident' :lol:

I've been thinking... If we assume they shot the scenes in episode 12 in order... and I'm talking here about the hospital scenes (cuddle in bed, kiss scene, etc)... then the cuddling scene is the first actual 'intimate' scene they filmed. So I guess that's why he's shy in GIF 2 since it's the first scene of its kind with KAJ

Edit : forgot to add that GIF 2 comes right after they hug in bed

Archived