Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

59 minutes ago, sweetseptember said:

uhmm.. So, weird (stupid?) question maybe, and i guess it has already been discussed.. But in any case, do you think Gang Doo and Moon Soo had sex in the suite room? It wasn't really clear to me lol. Maybe it was on purpose for it to not look so clear, to let the viewers to imagine (if they did it or not). Maybe the staff, director, screenwriter, actors themselves etc don't know either if GD and MS went all the way or not -- Its left for everyone's imagination. Or...? 

neverthless , amazing drama. ❤️❤️

@sweetseptember

@darr  have mentions  this scenes in this POST 
@stroppyse reply HERE and @ShannonK reply HERE

(I am now re-watch and do back-read. I can't let go yet)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sweetseptember said:

uhmm.. So, weird (stupid?) question maybe, and i guess it has already been discussed.. But in any case, do you think Gang Doo and Moon Soo had sex in the suite room? It wasn't really clear to me lol. Maybe it was on purpose for it to not look so clear, to let the viewers to imagine (if they did it or not). Maybe the staff, director, screenwriter, actors themselves etc don't know either if GD and MS went all the way or not -- Its left for everyone's imagination. Or...? 

neverthless , amazing drama. ❤️❤️

IMO, they didn't. At that point KD looked like was keeping himself alive by sheer stubbornness so to me and my rational sense he simply didn't have energy for anything naughtier than a few passionate kisses. As for why they shed some clothes - well, they were going to stay in bed all night. Why not make themselves a bit more comfortable by losing coats and sweaters. They still kept their pants and t-shirts on.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

@sweetseptember

Ok

19 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

@sweetseptember

Ok Thanks :) 

13 minutes ago, reut said:

IMO, they didn't. At that point KD looked like was keeping himself alive by sheer stubbornness so to me and my rational sense he simply didn't have energy for anything naughtier than a few passionate kisses. As for why they shed some clothes - well, they were going to stay in bed all night. Why not make themselves a bit more comfortable by losing coats and sweaters. They still kept their pants and t-shirts on.

Yeah i Dont think so either.. he was wearing a shirt after all. Well now that he survived and is healthy again with lots of energy,  they can be naughty ^^ 

• Like 3

translated the last making heheh :3

[Making] Moonsu "Kangdu lie down quickly", Kangsu couple in one bed.avi #ThisIsReally_TheLastOne

Spoiler

caption : kyaaak><
caption : kangsu couple who is even filming a bed scene after the kiss scene
caption : (look at how sweet they are)
PD : we are going to shoot~
WJA : okay~
Caption : The "Let's go inside" Moonsu vs The "I should hold myself" Kangdu
PD : Cue~!
WJA : Let's go inside
LJH : Hey, you really, that place is-
Caption : She knows everything
Staff : Kangdu-ya let's redo the "Hey"
LJH : Okay, im sorry
PD : We will shot the "Hey" again
Staff : Moonsu let's start again from the "We will just get some rest"

PD : Cue
LJH : Hey
WJA : What? Let's just get some rest
caption : let's just get somr rest~ 
caption : Just believe this Nuna for once~
WJA : Did you have some weird thoughts?
PD : Cut! okay, we will move to the next location
caption : Embarassed..
Staff : Let's move
LJH : Ayy this is really~

LJH : Moonsu-ya, moonsu-ya!
Caption : Moonsu is upset
PD + Caption : Cut. let's do the first part one more time
Staff : We will shoot the first part one more time
LJH + Caption : Who are you?, Where did Moonsu go..ㅋㅋ

WJA + Caption : Forget it (Moonsu is really upset)
LJH : Why..
WJA + Caption : I'm greedy for the first time in my life.. And that's you..
PD : Cut! okay!
Caption : An NG of a serious scene due to the windㅋㅋ 
Caption : Funny to death

Caption : Finally rehearseal for the bed scene
WJA : Am i going to say "There's another room" while going to the inside (the bathroom)?
Staff : The "There's another room" is for here (the bedroom), 
WJA : Ah, Yes. "There's another room"
Staff : You'll have to say "It's really nice here~" and then open the other door
WJA : "It's really nice here~"

Caption : Lie down quickly
Caption : Obeying
WJA + Caption : I was sleeping covered in my blanket when i suddenly felt something from inside the blanket..
LJH + Caption : Did you saw a ghost(?)
Staff : I'll go up (to set up the camera)
Caption : Kangsu couple kept chatting with each other during the equipment setting
(i couldn't hear what they said here sorry T_T)

PD : two, three, cue
Caption : Getting really close to each other
Caption : Everything got covered by Kangdu's jacket..
Caption : Can't you take off your jacket kangdu-ya?
PD : Cut! OK
LJH + Caption : I thought my arm was going numb

Caption : Ohmy..
Caption : Preparing to film the last scene, the arm-pillow scene
PD : three, four, cue
PD : Cut, sorry~ the monitor went blank
Caption : Sleepy
Caption : Turning off the lamp for them to sleep
Caption : Our actors who have been filming nonstop.. TT
PD : We are going to shoot
Caption : He is not sleeping, He's currently acting
Caption : Suddenly opening his eyes
Caption : Slowly
Caption : Kangdu who is taking away the blanket along as he goㅋㅋ 
PD : Cut, OK
WJA + caption : He covered me with blanket and then taking it away with him
Caption : (laughter)

Caption : The difficult bed scene
Caption : Now without the arm-pillow part, re-filming the 'go out quickly' scene again
PD : two, three and cue
Caption : Carefully
Caption : Covering 
Caption : Slowly
PD : Cut! OK~
Caption : The end of today's making film
Caption : That's all for the (making film of) R15 bed scene in Just Between Lovers..^^

The PO for the DVD starts on feb 6th :D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, angelkhaterine1211 said:

IMO, yes! 

If they don't, why they have less clothes? Hahaha! 

I think from the conversation they have before they go to the hotel, they clearly speaking about it hahaha X 

I love this scene. I rewatched JBL last night, and these 3 places (along with Grandma house) are the place that can tell their love story ❤️

@sweetseptember
I have to disagree...though I respect people like to think they had.
They clearly showed they were still wearing their shirts and pants,  They only took off their coats and outer layer shirt...To me that is so they could be comfortable while cuddling. Honestly, Who has sex and then gets fully dressed before going back to bed to sleep? That is just strange even for a kdrama. If the director wanted to leave this impression, he could have had the editing team cut a scene to make it look like it did. GD could have had his shirt off, and not filming below the waist.   The more I think about this, the more I feel it was just them holding one another. 
If you have liver disease, your blood is so toxic you get mental brain fog, you have little to no strength, the pain is overwhelming at times.  He is dying...
I know he would want to be with her, but It wouldn't be extremely difficult for anyone in his condition. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ShannonK said:

@sweetseptember
They clearly showed they were still wearing their shirts and pants,. Who has sex and then gets fully dressed before going back to bed to sleep?....That is just strange even for a kdrama. If the director wanted to leave this impression, he could have had the editing team cut a scene to make it look like it did. GD could have had his shirt off, and not filming below the waist.   The more I think about this, the more I feel it was just them holding one another. 
If you have liver disease, your blood is so toxic you get mental brain fog, you have little to no strength, the pain is overwhelming at times.  He is dying...
I know he would want to be with her, but It wouldn't be extremely difficult for anyone in his condition. 

That makes totally sense. Well they for sure Will Do it someday now that GD is Not sick anymore and has energy back... i cant see them ever breaking up, especially not after what they been through (GD almost dying...) 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sweetseptember said:

That makes totally sense. Well they for sure Will Do it someday now that GD is Not sick anymore and has energy back... i cant see them ever breaking up, especially not after what they been through (GD almost dying...) 

Agreed I am sure they will have lots of time to make little GDs and MSs. I wish they had shown them with kids running around in a beautiful yard. 
With happy grandparents and auntie too... I really wish they would have shown them with a kid in the future. Children have a powerful way of providing healing after years of great loss. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShannonK said:

Agreed I am sure they will have lots of time to make little GDs and MSs. I wish they had shown them with kids running around in a beautiful yard. 
With happy grandparents and auntie too... I really wish they would have shown them with a kid in the future. Children have a powerful way of providing healing after years of great loss. 

Yeah.. still a beautiful nice ending. I'm glad MS finally said to GD that she loves him, was about time. I would have been a bit dissapointed if she hadn't said that. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, ShannonK said:

@sweetseptember
They clearly showed they were still wearing their shirts and pants,  They only took off their coats and outer layer shirt...To me that is so they could be comfortable while cuddling. Honestly, Who has sex and then gets fully dressed before going back to bed to sleep? That is just strange even for a kdrama. If the director wanted to leave this impression, he could have had the editing team cut a scene to make it look like it did. GD could have had his shirt off, and not filming below the waist.   The more I think about this, the more I feel it was just them holding one another. 

I think it's fine for everyone to imagine the scene as they want to, however, I also have to respectfully disagree with you that GD and MS just laid in bed cuddling and falling asleep as the intent of the drama, though I can see why you might think that.

I think the question seems to arise from the fact that MS and GD have clothes on in the morning, especially GD who has had shirtless scenes in this drama before. However, I think how much clothes GD has on is a matter of practicality and respect for Won Jin Ah who is a rookie actress, rather than indicative of the characters' actions. I think they did enough to show the bed scene and indicate that there was intimate relations between GD and MS.

MS is clearly talking about having sex when she wanted to go to that motel. It's why GD is shocked, and MS makes the statement that she knows what they are for. Btw, "motels" specifically tend to have slightly unsavory reputations in Korea versus other types of lodgings, e.g. hotels, pensions, etc. This is also why MS makes the statement that she does of why GD is feeling so responsible when she's the one who wants it. This conversation is actually even more explicit than I would have expected, though I liked it because it pointed to MS' straightforward nature.

At this point, both GD and MS are fully aware that this might be their last date, which is why MS wants to and GD is resistant out of respect for MS who might be left by herself to face any consequences.

However, GD takes MS to a nice hotel instead of the cheap motel. In the hotel room, GD is still feeling skittish, but once MS lays down, invites him into bed with her, and they finally start kissing, GD is finally giving in to the strength of his own desires for MS. It's a culmination and an ultimate expression of their love for each other. The fade to black leaves the rest of the night in the viewers' imaginations, but it has the feel of their last night, and is so beautifully and sensitively shot.

The next morning, they show that both MS and GD have less clothing on. It's one of the drama tropes that in kdramas, people frequently have sex but then end up in bed with their clothes on. How much clothing they actually have on has to do with some compromise between writer, director, and actors. The fact that clothing was removed is enough of an indicator that intimate relations had been had by the two characters in a kdrama.

If it had been real life, GD may have been too weak for full on, energetic sex, and they may have indulged themselves in other ways, including just kissing and cuddling, though MS seemed way too determined to have her way with GD to settle for a kiss and a cuddle. However, within context of this drama, the intent of the drama seems to be to show that GD and MS have consummated their love for each other, and done it in a way so that there is no question for a domestic Korean viewer, but still preserving some sense of modesty for the actors.

Having said all that, I will repeat that I think it's fine for everyone to interpret these scenes as they would prefer to. I think that's part of the point of having these scenes where it's implication rather than explication. Neither view (whether they physically consummated their love or not) changes the fact that GD and MS love each other whole-heartedly and in every way.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think it's fine for everyone to imagine the scene as they want to, however, I also have to respectfully disagree with you that GD and MS just laid in bed cuddling and falling asleep as the intent of the drama, though I can see why you might think that.

I think the question seems to arise from the fact that MS and GD have clothes on in the morning, especially GD who has had shirtless scenes in this drama before. However, I think how much clothes GD has on is a matter of practicality and respect for Won Jin Ah who is a rookie actress, rather than indicative of the characters' actions. I think they did enough to show the bed scene and indicate that there was intimate relations between GD and MS.

MS is clearly talking about having sex when she wanted to go to that motel. It's why GD is shocked, and MS makes the statement that she knows what they are for. Btw, "motels" specifically tend to have slightly unsavory reputations in Korea versus other types of lodgings, e.g. hotels, pensions, etc. This is also why MS makes the statement that she does of why GD is feeling so responsible when she's the one who wants it. This conversation is actually even more explicit than I would have expected, though I liked it because it pointed to MS' straightforward nature.

At this point, both GD and MS are fully aware that this might be their last date, which is why MS wants to and GD is resistant out of respect for MS who might be left by herself to face any consequences.

However, GD takes MS to a nice hotel instead of the cheap motel. In the hotel room, GD is still feeling skittish, but once MS lays down, invites him into bed with her, and they finally start kissing, GD is finally giving in to the strength of his own desires for MS. It's a culmination and an ultimate expression of their love for each other. The fade to black leaves the rest of the night in the viewers' imaginations, but it has the feel of their last night, and is so beautifully and sensitively shot.

The next morning, they show that both MS and GD have less clothing on. It's one of the drama tropes that in kdramas, people frequently have sex but then end up in bed with their clothes on. How much clothing they actually have on has to do with some compromise between writer, director, and actors. The fact that clothing was removed is enough of an indicator that intimate relations had been had by the two characters in a kdrama.

If it had been real life, GD may have been too weak for full on, energetic sex, and they may have indulged themselves in other ways, including just kissing and cuddling, though MS seemed way too determined to have her way with GD to settle for a kiss and a cuddle. However, within context of this drama, the intent of the drama seems to be to show that GD and MS have consummated their love for each other, and done it in a way so that there is no question for a domestic Korean viewer, but still preserving some sense of modesty for the actors.

Having said all that, I will repeat that I think it's fine for everyone to interpret these scenes as they would prefer to. I think that's part of the point of having these scenes where it's implication rather than explication. Neither view (whether they physically consummated their love or not) changes the fact that GD and MS love each other whole-heartedly and in every way.

I personally feel that if that was the intention of the director he would have shot and edited it differently, even though I understand your perspective. The removal of clothing was only jackets and outer blouse, I see them as getting closer but not necessarily having sex. She is a rookie actress but the director could have easily edited the visuals in a way that even if they were clothed, we wouldn't have known to what degree. Them getting dressed again in the middle of the night is just feels extremely unnatural. It's just not enough to convince me.  Regardless, As I have said in the past, I do think it is left up to the viewer to decide. I don't think it subtracts from the story either way. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ShannonK said:

Them getting dressed again in the middle of the night is just feels extremely unnatural. It's just not enough to convince me.  Regardless, As I have said in the past, I do think it is left up to the viewer to decide. I don't think it subtracts from the story either way. 

Sorry, I just have to react, haha! I don't like to sleep naked, so after doing it, I will (actually my husband and I), will put our clothes back on. I don't think that's unnatural.

• Like 6

I'm curious about what was he studying. Is Gang doo a college student now? Is it possible to study architecture and working full time? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, manohira said:

I'm curious about what was he studying. Is Gang doo a college student now? Is it possible to study architecture and working full time? 

He was studying for his contractor's license.

One other thing I meant to mention that I thought was sweet about the final episode. MS' mother's final drink before she goes to rehab is actually with MS' father when she had gone to give him the divorce papers. Later on as she's packing, she breaks down and asks MS for a last drink, but MS holds firm and says no. I actually thought it was good how MS' mother finally gets ahold of herself and decides to clean up entirely, and her resolve is seen in giving MS' father the divorce as well as that parting drink that she downs as she leaves him. :)

Also, WJ and JY just are too adorable together, how they are so playful until the end. When JY pays WJ the sly little compliment about how he should have drawn the webtoon character prettier, but if he drew it too much like WJ no one would believe it, I have to say I melted a little bit at that.

I think I've moved on, and then things come to mind again. :D

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think I've moved on, and then things come to mind again. :D

My problem is how to move on... hopefully by next week, I can enjoy other shows as much as this one. 

Really weird because I'm usually not a fan of melo shows.  

• Like 4

@stroppyse what is a contractor license? Do you need license for working in construction site, like you need license for driving? 

Edit:

I'm googling it and I think I start to understand. Please ignore my question. Thank you

Edited by manohira
  • Like 3

The fact that they had this drama filmed in Busan instead of Seoul makes me love this drama even more...Busan is beautiful,  seems more relaxing / calm than Seoul,  has ocean...

For a drama like this,  Busan seems like the best place for this kind of drama to be filmed in. :)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, reut said:

My thoughts exactly.

But after reading stroppyse explanation, it might be the other way too... :lol:

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

My thoughts exactly.

But after reading stroppyse explanation, it might be the other way too... :lol:

So i guess its for imagination XD just like in the Old black white Hollywood movies lol :D

If GD and MS did actually do it , its not too surprsing if they took on their clothes again after finishing,  because both were most likely virgins before that,  so Maybe a bit shy? 

Lol i think too much 

• LOL 3

I am wondering why the writer did not make Sang Man become Gang Doo's saviour. Then I remember that somewhere in episode 7, Moon Soo was talking about Liverpool vs Milan which is also known as the Miracle of Istanbul. The information that she actually gained from young Gang Doo. Somehow for me, the writer make it seems that Gang Doo's life is just like Liverpool in that game. (Yeah writer-nim, Liverpool and liver failure.<_<)

1. Liverpool was losing 3-0 in the first half and almost sure of losing the championship.
Gang Doo has liver failure and is dying.
2. Liverpool was able to catch up in the 2nd half. 
Gang Doo has 4 people willing to donate their liver for him. There is hope for Gang Doo.  
3. No extra goals in extra time leading to penalties. Even the penalties tied for 2-2 at some time.
We have Sang Man as the suitable donor but there is risk of complications. So back to zero for Gang Doo.
4. Miraculously Liverpool won the match by 3-2 on penalties and miraculously there is a donor for Gang Doo.

My thought is that the writer want to show that miracle is possible even for someone that has been through a lot like Gang Doo. I personally love how the drama keeps emphasizing on working hard on being happy. Everyone deserved to be happy but you have to work on it. Once you allowed yourself to be happy, happiness can be in many small things such as just by holding hands.

On extra note, I have been brainwashed by my uncle on this Liverpool's miracle in 2006. He keeps telling me "Dont ever give up. It is not over until it is over". I forgot about it and it's good to be able to remember about it again through watching this drama.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1