Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017] Buam-dong Revenge Social Club, 부암동 복수자 소셜클럽

BS wakes up and panics. I could almost feel sorry for him, if he wasn't such a worm.

BS: Oh. Oh, what’s this? What did you say? It’s not even 7 am yet. What?! What time?! Why isn’t this working? What is it? Oh, no. This is a big problem. This is a big problem. This is a big problem. How did this happen? (opens closet) Huh? My clothes? What happened to them? My clothes… (sees note that says “Go to the safe. -BJ-“) B! J!  These bastards! They… (goes to the phone) Hello? (realizing there is no dial tone) Arghh! I’m going to kill them! (goes to the safe, sees box on top that says “Solve to get the passcode  BJ”) Oh, really! These bastards! (finally puts the strips to get the code) 6-8-2-3-8-4. Hurray! I did it! (at the safe) 6-8-2-3-8-4. I did it! I did it! I did it! (smelling the clothes) Ow. Oh really. Ow. Ow. This… (runs out and through the hotel)

Chairman: I’m sorry! Wait! 10 minutes! No, no. 5 minutes! (to assistant) Try and do something.
BS: Wait! Mr. Chow! Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.
Chairman: What is this state you’re in?
BS: Father, I’m really sorry. What the situation is…
SJ: Honey! How could you leave without me? Oh! Omo, father-in-law, we meet like this. I’m so happy to see you.
Chairman: What the hell is going on?!
SJ: Oh! What’s this smell?
BS: No. Father. No, no…
SJ: What is this smell?
Chairman: Do something! Quickly!
BS: Oh, wait! Mr. Chow! Mr. Chow! Mr. Chow! Whoa. Whoa. (In Chinese) I have a lot of contempt for you! I have a lot of contempt for you! Contempt for you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Avengers Club is happy at their success. Later Jung Yoon and Chairman Lee have some words.

JH: Lee Byung Soo. Accomplished!
(flashback)
SJ: Oh! Oh, it is different because it’s an expensive place. Oh, oh, this is so relaxing. Oh. Aigoo.
SJ: (DH takes over) Ah! Omo! Ah! Oh! What is this? Why are you suddenly so rough?
DH: Oh, just stay like that. Stay like that.
SJ: Oh, what are you doing?!
DH: Jah, you have to do it like this in order for it to be relaxing.
SJ: Ah! Ah! What you are you doing? What are you doing?
DH: Don’t scream. You’ll dislocate your chin.
JH: There is something else that you will have to do.
SJ: What is this?! It was you? Ow! Ow!
JH: Do you want to do it or not?
DH: Stop this!
JH: Answer me first.
SJ: You have to let me up so that I can speak. Ow! Ow! Ow, it hurts so much. (sees DH) Who is this? Who is this woman?
DH: I’m Jung Hye’s sister. What of it?
JH: So, will you do it or not?
SJ: So. So, I don’t know what it is, but you’ll have to give me more money for it. (DH starts “massaging” her scalp) Oh! No!
DH: Let’s live kind lives, us.
(end flashback)
SJ: Hurry. Hurry up and pay me.
JH: Let’s do the calculation after you’ve done the interview.
SJ: Ay!
SG: Try acting properly for once.
SJ: But, what in the world is this picture?
MS: There are a lot of eyes watching, so why don’t you leave?
SJ: Oh, I’m so scared. (to JH) Here, the room service is not that great. Please tell them for me? (DH knees her) I’ll see you later. Bye! (leaves)
DH: Then shall we go and debrief?
JH: Shall we go?
DH: Let’s go. Let’s go.

JY: You trusted such a big business deal to General Manager Lee. Chairman, you must still have had some expectations left of General Manager Lee.
Chairman: Well, it was some business that General Manager Lee had been in charge of from the beginning. When doing business, things can happen that one didn’t intend to happen.
JY: I had thought that the Chairman was someone who got things done. However, I seem to have seen you wrong.
Chairman: What does that mean?
JY: Just because a grandson appeared, you’re giving General Manager Lee chances beyond reason right now. In today’s world, a son, a son…
Chairman: Isn’t everyone like that? Even accomplished President Kim would probably find it difficult to become the successor to the Geon Ah Group.
JY: That company whose meeting was messed up is also an important partner of ours; if you take care of business like this, it makes us who introduced them to you also look bad.
Chairman: That was unfortunate. To Chairman Kim, I will separately…
JY: I’ve already told my father. That our relationship with Hae Rang has to be reconsidered.
Chairman: I will directly see him and speak with him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

MS tells about hitting YP. JH tells about BS trying to send SG and her overseas.

SG: Even to Seo Yeon?!
DH: Yah…That person. It’s really the end for him. The end! There is just no way to improve him.
JH: Son of a…! Just kill him!
MS: Oh! That’s why I hit him.
DH: Y..you hit that person?
MS: Yes. What that person did to Seo Yeon, I returned the same to him.
DH: You should have returned everything that you had received from him till now as well!
JH: I said let’s kill him!
SG: Please calm down a little. So, is Seo Yeon okay?
MS: She was very shocked, but she’s doing fine and with grandmother now.
JH: I should have hit him as well.
DH: You? Why?
SG: Father is trying to get rid of Madam and me from this land.
MS: What? But, how?
JH: He says he’s sending us overseas. He told this child to pick a school, and he told me to pick a house.
DH: Those persons, the two of them, even came by my store, but they’re both acting so stupidly… So, what are you going to do?
JH: I’ve asked everyone I can for help, but I am still feeling troubled.
DH: Mi Sook, what about you?
MS: For me, for the time being, I can just stay with mother-in-law at the hospital. However, the situation for the two of you is more urgent. You don’t even know when he’ll put you on the plane. I mean, before that happens, shouldn’t we just send him off?
DH: Send who off?
MS: Lee Byung Soo, of course!
SG: That’s right! Why should we go?
JH: Yes, we should send him off, that human being.
DH: I like it. But, how?
JH: The person who can send Lee Byung Soo off, there is just one person who can do that.
DH/MS: Who is that?
SG: Grandfather.
DH: Oh, the Chairman?
MS: The Chairman will make Jung Hye’s husband back off?
SG/JH: That’s exactly it!
DH: Then, this time as well, Jung Hye, you’ll have to come up with a fantastic idea, won’t you?
JH: This time, it’s going to be even more fantastic. Fighting!

JH: What is it? Do you have something to say to me?
BS: You just have to sign. Just as you’ve always done. (JH signs) Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, A User said:

This Poll is CLOSED.

Poll Question: "JH: There is exactly one person who could take care of Lee Byung Soo."

Grandpa [7] - stroppyse, beachesonthesky, samecut123, Nymeria289, mujay, fans123, Shosi_for_9
Bio Mom [3] - QSD, vaiduakhu, iamneil29
Jung Yoon [2] - may2429, theboxman
Jung Hye [2] - A User,  jadore1

NOTEQSD started this poll, to may2429's query.

Grandpa is the overwhelming choice having received 50% of the votes.  Who will Jung Hye reveal as the person who could take care of Lee Byung Soo [spineless weasel]?

Congratulations!

stroppyse, beachesonthesky, samecut123, Nymeria289, mujay, fans123, Shosi_for_9

according to the excellent translation provided above by alleram95

Chairman Lee [i.e. Grandpa] is the one person who could take care of Lee Byung See.

THANK YOU! alleram95

lol for the first time, my guess was right

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

JH attends the shareholders' meeting to find out about the meeting with the Chinese developers. Then she uses the info to plan an attack against BS with the Avengers Club.

Man1: This is the first time I’ve seen her.
Man2: They say that she doesn’t know how to do anything.
Man1: Oh.
Man3: Isn’t that the elder daughter-in-law?
Man4: She never gets involved in company business.
Man3: That is true.
BS: Why are you here?
JH: From now on, I’ve decided to take on all my responsibilities as a stockholder.
BH: It looks good (to have her here), father. Hyung, you must feel supported.
BH: Oh, I asked her to come. She should have some interest in the business now after all.
JH: You got my proxy yesterday.
Chairman: Let’s get started.
BS: The business meeting for the proposed 2018 project of the Shanghai Shopping Center is arranged for tomorrow morning.
Chairman: Is that for certain? I thought that Hosan Construction had the inside line on that project.
BS: The proposal that we submitted with Geon Ah Group is certainly looking attractive to the buyers on that side.
BH: Because that side had been working with Geon Ah for a long time already, Geon Ah was the one who brought us in. I think that I should take charge of the meeting…
BS: I have!  …already prepared everything.
Chairman: Then, I will take part also.
BS: Yes. I will make sure it goes off without a hitch.
JH: However, where is the location of the meeting?

Chairman: We appreciate you taking interest in the company.
JH: Going forward, I’ll take a greater interest.
Chairman: Since this is the first time that we’ve seen this side of you in 10 years, I was a little surprised. Did you have something that you concerned you?
JH: As father-in-law also knows, this person (meaning BS) is much lacking. From now on, I didn’t think that I should just stay still.
BS: This person, so embarrassing! Father, I will take care of everything.
Chairman: Just take care of yourself.
BH: Those buyers, they’re reputed to be unbelievably proper and inflexible. Are you sure you’ll be okay?
BS: I know. That they abhor any time-wasting. I’ve checked everything already.
Chairman: Can I really trust you this time?
BS: Yes. Because they said that their schedule was tight, and they wanted to meet in the morning, I also will spend the night at the hotel, so that I can be there first thing in the morning. This time, I’m really certain. Please believe me, father.
Chairman: This is your final chance. (he and BH leave)
BS: Why did you really come?
JH: I had something to talk about with brother-in-law and…
BS: Why? Were you going to give him your shares?
JH: We’ll see. (leaves)
BS: Really, that person…Oh!

DH: So, you’re saying that your husband meeting that Chinese person is a very important thing, right?
MS: If that is messed up, then the Chairman to Jung Hye’s husband…
JH: Will completely kick him out.
SG: Game over.
DH: Then we’ll have to do everything we can so that he doesn’t meet them.
SG: Let’s get to work.
MS: How do we mess it up?
JH: Since he said that he’s sleeping at the hotel tonight…
DH: We have to upend it tonight!
JH: Ah! How about this?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The victory ramen!

DH: With this, we can definitely send him off, right?
SG: Since grandfather saw, it’s finished.
JH: You saw the chairman’s face.
MS: The mission this time was completely to my taste.
DH: Avengers Club!
MS/JH/SG: Fighting!
HS: I’m home!
JH: Hee Soo!
HS: Hello.

JH: Here!
HS: All of these? (JH just smiles and nods.)

SG: Shall I help you?
JH: Don’t do it.
JH: I’ll help you.
HS: Yes.
JH: Ramen needs green onions. Should I put another one in? (HS looks dumbstruck.) Why?

DH: Come stay here. You can’t just continue to stay at the hospital.
MS: Hee Soo and Hee Kyung will be uncomfortable, too.
DH: No. Hee Kyung says she is going to go to Noryangjin (area of Seoul known for studying) soon. Since there will be an empty room, bring Seo Yoen and come stay here.
MS: I’ll talk it over with Seo Yeon.
DH: Mi Sook, think about it carefully. When you first came to the Avengers Club, you said that you were enduring it for Seo Yeon’s sake. But, look. Seo Yeon is getting hurt, too.
MS: So, I’m very sorry to Seo Yeon.
DH: The way you feel, now Seo Yeon will understand it as well. If there is anything that unnie can help you with, just tell me whatever and whenever. Okay?
SG: Please eat the ramen.

DH: Let’s eat. Let’s eat. Let’s eat.
JH: I will eat well.
SG: What’s so special about this? All ramen are pretty much the same. (takes a bite) It is delicious anyway.
DH: Oh, Jung Hye, you’re going to burn yourself. You’ll burn. Burn. Oh! He can make more… oh, your hair…oh. Put some more water on the stove. Oh.

SG: Wow, that’s a total sweet potato, sweet potato.
HS: Yes.
JH: What is that?
SG: What a sweet potato is…
DH: Here are some sweet potatoes! Here.
SG: It’s about time for the cider to come out.
DH: Hee Soo, there some cider in the refrigerator.
JH: Why do you keep laughing?
SG: Cider tastes best after one has eaten a sweet potato.
HS: (laughing) I’ll get you some cider.
JH: What is he saying?
DH: He must have had a bite go down the wrong way.
DH: Oh, this has been really fun these days. Definitely, there has to be a proper slap.

Awww, poor SG is so jealous over how much JH is fawning over HS. Poor baby.

As @alleram95 explained in her summary, a "sweet potato" is a euphemism for something being frustrating. As anyone who has taken a big bite of roasted sweet potato knows, it can sometimes can feel as if it's filling one's whole mouth and become a big lump possibly getting stuck in the esophagus going down. "Cider" which is actually a soda drink like Sprite or 7-Up is considered a refreshing beverage, but it also helps with clearing food from the mouth and esophagus, and it helps with digestion afterward as well. So, the whole sweet potato, cider references were meta for this drama. That there had to be episodes where the Avengers were frustrated in their attempts and faced setbacks in order for the denouement to then be satisfying. And, then DH gives a little plug to their drama, referencing how satisfying MS' slap of YP is. ROFLOL. I love this drama.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

MS' mother-in-law's passing and the funeral afterwards.

YP Mother: My daughter. My Mi Sook. Now, don’t become sick…
MS: Mother!
YP: Mother!
SY: Grandmother!
MS: Mother!
YP: Mother! Mother…
MS: Mother. Mother.

YP: Sir, you must be so busy…
Man1: Your grief must be great.
Man2: You must also be so busy.
YP: Oh, it’s just my nature. Please come in.

DH: Even here, he’s campaigning.

DH: Mi Sook, try to eat even just a little bit.
JH: Unnie, You seem as if you’re going to collapse.
MS: At a time like this, it seems that I’ve found people whom I can call.
MS: Thank you.
JH: Unnie, hurry.
DH: You’re going to collapse. Just eat at least a little, okay?

SG: Your mother is with the ajummas. Your grandmother will have gone on to a good place. She was like an angel, wasn’t she?
SY: It would be nice if she would meet oppa.
SG: They’re already together.
SY: Like this…that she would go so fast…I should have visited her more often.
SG: Still, at least you saw her final face. It hasn’t been that long since my grandmother passed away. Suddenly, while she was out working in the field. However, because I was stupid things, I didn’t even see her pass away.
SY: Did you live with your grandmother?
SG: Yes. My grandmother and grandfather raised me. They raised me well, didn’t they?

DH: Eat. You’re going to collapse.

So, emotional, this clip. MS finally drops the honorific to call her mother-in-law just plain "mother", even as her mother-in-law's last words were for her daughter Mi Sook to be healthy and not get sick. And, MS' gratitude to DH and JH that she has friends that she could call to come help her at this time. Serving the funeral meals to everyone is a lot of work which DH had completely in hand, with SG helping as well and JH there to worry about her.

However, it was actually SY and SG's exchange that broke me. SY's regrets for taking her grandmother for granted and not visiting her enough when she could, and SG comforting her by saying that at least SY was there for the final passing. Also, SY wishing that her grandmother could be with her deceased brother. Though what they don't explicitly say is that because SJ's brother committed suicide, SY is concerned that SJ didn't go to heaven where she is sure her grandmother went.

SG blaming himself for not being there when his grandmother passed away, even though he put it so matter-of-factly spoke to his deep pain and regret. To Koreans, though probably to other cultures as well, being with a loved person at their moment of death is considered a very big deal. So, SG's regret and self-blame cuts very deeply. And, it is a comforting thought that he offers SY.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Preview to the final episode 12. I just translated the longer version.

BS: If we let it end like this, then we all die.
YP: Do you think there is a way?
BS: We have to stop them!
YP: How?
YP: My wife, because of that shock, right now is being treated with significant psychiatric drugs.
SY: Now, there is nothing to hide and nothing to lie about. Live the way you want to.
BS: Now, no matter what those women say, no one will believe them.
SG: I will show you an exclusive.
YP: Avengers Club, do you think that things will happen the way you want them to?
JH: Now, there is nothing to be afraid of, and nothing that I won’t be able to do.
BS: Talk separately with me…
JH: You. I told you that I wouldn’t just let you do what you want, didn’t I?

I'm both eager to watch the finale, and sad that it will be the finale.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Okay, last clip translation that I'll post for episode 11. :)  This is MS and SY moving into DH's house, and I just thought the interactions of HS, HK, and SY were cute.

(YP goes on a rampage, screaming and breaking things.)
HS: Mom, who is coming here at this time of the night?
DH: Oh, Mi Sook.
HK: Who is Mi Sook?
DH: Oh, that is… You know Seo Yeon, right? It’s Seo Yeon and her mother.
HS: At this hour?! Why?!
HK: Marital fight. She was chased out, wasn’t she?
DH: Be careful of what you say. Just act normally, do as you always do. Okay?

DH: Come on in, Seo Yeon. We welcome you.
MS: At this time of night, I’m sorry, unnie.
HK: Welcome to Hong Do House!
HS: Me, too!
DH: Come in. Come in.

HK: Oh, Seo Yeon, you know “Teach”, right? Oh, I guess I’m not “Teach” any more. You can just call e unnie. Come sleep in unnie’s room with me. Then. Let’s go.
HS: Please rest comfortably.
MS: Okay.
DH: Let’s go in.
MS: Thank you, unnie.
DH: Oh, what for? Stay here comfortably. I’ll only accept $300. Just $300. (joking)

HS: Why? Can’t you sleep?
SY: Just because.
HS: I haven’t even thanked you properly. Thanks to you, my noona was able to cast off the false charge.
SY: Oh that. That was just because Soo Gyum sunbae told me to do it.
HS: Anyway…thank you.
SY: I’m sorry.
HS: Hm?
SY: That time when you were injured, I saw it.
HS: Ah! I heart it from Soo Gyum hyung. That if it hadn’t been for Soo Gyum hyung, that you probably would have saved me.
SY: That sunbae really has a loose lip.
HS: Oh, it’s probably going to be very cold here. You should make sure to cover yourself well with blankets when you go to sleep.
SY: Mm.
HS: Sleep well.
SY: Mm.

DH: Do you really think it will be okay?
MS: The only way I have to make him stop seems to be this.
DH: Ay. I’m just worried that it’ll become harder for you. Once you’ve revealed all of your scars, this person and that person will running around talking as they will about you.
MS: For me, I have Seo Yeon and the Avengers Club.
DH: That’s right. You have us. Sleep.
MS: Unnie, too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, may2429 said:

Now YP tries to tell people openly that his wife is an insane woman , omg

I take solace, in knowing that his own angelic mother will put him into adult timeout [i.e. jail] for the next 3 to 5 years.  Karma is about to slap this idiot silly.

Spoiler

PREVIEW: Mi Sook's "mother" had actually completed reassembling at least a half-dozen pages that showed Young Pyo's corruption.  The avengers have the hard evidence that they needed, fighting!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, A User said:

Congratulations!

stroppyse, beachesonthesky, samecut123, Nymeria289, mujay, fans123, Shosi_for_9

according to the excellent translation provided above by alleram95

Chairman Lee [i.e. Grandpa] is the one person who could take care of Lee Byung See.

Congrats, the winners can now enjoy a lifetime Massage by Madam Hong Do Hee 

pPtDSQ2.pngvFl9kNh.png51l5adD.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, may2429 said:

Congrats, the winners can now enjoy a lifetime Massage by Madam Hong Do Hee 

LMAO ~ 

Another reward is a lifetime meditation, especially offered by:

DN4HF38V4AEVro8.jpg

I'm so sad that I guessed it wrong. :bawling:

Because I heard that DH is the expert whose schedule is full till next year. Extremely difficult to book her meditation session. Only 7 winners from Soompi have this honour. Enjoy it fully, guys! 

:D:D:D:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 7