[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

42 minutes ago, VanillaSalt said:

Oh my gosh yes, yesss! Like, she tries to pull him forward for whatever reason, but instead the whole thing rips right off in public! Or they can do a meta for JSM’s past dramas too. Man, i really need to rewatch spellbound! Also, what’s wrong with the emperor? Is it sexy? Lol

The calm answer: The film has violence and the story involves gangs and money lending and gambling. Blah blah blah.

But what I really meant to say was:

giphy.gif 

At least... for certain scenes. :wink: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

48 minutes ago, VanillaSalt said:

Oh my gosh yes, yesss! Like, she tries to pull him forward for whatever reason, but instead the whole thing rips right off in public! Or they can do a meta for JSM’s past dramas too. Man, i really need to rewatch spellbound! Also, what’s wrong with the emperor? Is it sexy? Lol

Omgosh. It's like soft core...... I was shocked. I'm so used to the chaste, maybe occasional hot kisses from dramaland, but movies go hard core. Hahahhahaha. But dang. Lee min ki. Had no idea. Jung so min had a "bed" scene too. I mean nothing showing, but I was surprised too. 

• Like 8

On 17/11/2017 at 2:51 AM, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

The calm answer: The film has violence and the story involves gangs and money lending and gambling. Blah blah blah.

But what I really meant to say was:

At least... for certain scenes. :wink: 

On 17/11/2017 at 2:51 AM, mapleoaks4 said:

Omgosh. It's like soft core...... I was shocked. I'm so used to the chaste, maybe occasional hot kisses from dramaland, but movies go hard core. Hahahhahaha. But dang. Lee min ki. Had no idea. Jung so min had a "bed" scene too. I mean nothing showing, but I was surprised too. 

I'll...I'll just skip the bloody parts and find the soft core parts lol. The harder I'll go for gang scene is like Ajusshi with won bin lol. even then I had to like pause in between scenes because i thought it was gorey haha

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mapleoaks4 said:

No idea about Jung So Min. And I haven't watched Lee Min Ki until this drama. The kdrama leads I used to go for now all pale in comparison to him because since BTIMFL aired, I've been catching up on his work. And I am loving JSM too! I may just watch Father is Strange now. :)

• Like 8

Since monday's too far away, I've been binge-watching LMK's movies too, I've seen Very Ordinary Couple, the Emperor (I recommend everyone to watch this just bec LMK is sooo hot in this film) :D and also Spellbound. 

I love reading all your opinion and insights... I just don't have the time to read all of them, but reading them is like speaking my mind and sharing my thoughts with all of you wonderful soompiers! Any new BTS yet? because I've been waiting for that sunset BTS. 

I gotta go back watching the other BTS of my most favorite drama of 2017. Annyeong! :)

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

No idea about Jung So Min. And I haven't watched Lee Min Ki until this drama. The kdrama leads I used to go for now all pale in comparison to him because since BTIMFL aired, I've been catching up on his work. And I am loving JSM too! I may just watch Father is Strange now. :)

Please watch the drama Dal Ja's Spring from 2006, with LMK and Chae Rim. Awesome drama. One of my favourites. Storyline, soundtrack, crazy characters..... i rewatch it every year.

• Like 9

Ep 12 Recap! http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/because-this-life-is-our-first-episode-12/

My favorite part in the recap: 

While we usually hear Ji-ho’s inner monologues, this time it was Se-hee’s turn to end the episode as we got to learn more about him and his feelings towards Ji-ho. It’s interesting that the more I watch the show, the less I think Se-hee has changed, and instead, it’s simply that we’re learning more about him. Ji-ho isn’t making him more caring or emotional, it’s just that she’s bringing out these emotions again after he spent years subduing them out of fear. He clearly recognizes his feelings, which makes me ponder his past actions and see them in a new light. It adds something special to those earlier scenes where Se-hee betrayed his feelings, like the one with Ji-ho’s mom or the Bok-nam incident. All this time, as the viewer, I thought Ji-ho was in a one-sided relationship where Se-hee would slowly open up his shell, but in fact, it may never have been one-sided at all. 

:wub:

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or is Ho Rang annoying as heck?  Of all the characters, I find her insufferable.  I'm hoping she doesn't reconcile with her boyfriend.  While I feel bad for her that she's spent nearly a decade with him, it seems they are ill-suited for each other.  They want different things and have very divergent outlooks.  It's unfortunate it took them this long to realize they were not communicating as they should.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, hmmmgood said:

Is it just me or is Ho Rang annoying as heck?  Of all the characters, I find her insufferable.  I'm hoping she doesn't reconcile with her boyfriend.  While I feel bad for her that she's spent nearly a decade with him, it seems they are ill-suited for each other.  They want different things and have very divergent outlooks.  It's unfortunate it took them this long to realize they were not communicating as they should.

I know right.. i thought i'm the only one who feel the same way as you. 

I dont like her long-term thinking about marriage even tho i know her age is not young anymore. but the reality kills her imagination. 

Wooseok just got a decent job and he want HoRang to be patient for another year yet its for their future. Wooseok do not want Ho Rang to be sad over financial thing and want her to be a happy wife without thinking about affliction. as he said at the rooftop with See Hee that he wants to see Ho Rang smile. 

Hopefully their break-up can be their self learn about how to not obtrude each other.

Nice to meet you @hmmmgood <3 Finally found someone that having the same thoughts! x

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, fountainstripes said:

I know right.. i thought i'm the only one who feel the same way as you. 

I dont like her long-term thinking about marriage even tho i know her age is not young anymore. but the reality kills her imagination. 

Wooseok just got a decent job and he want HoRang to be patient for another year yet its for their future. Wooseok do not want Ho Rang to be sad over financial thing and want her to be a happy wife without thinking about affliction. as he said at the rooftop with See Hee that he wants to see Ho Rang smile. 

Hopefully their break-up can be their self learn about how to not obtrude each other.

Nice to meet you @hmmmgood <3 Finally found someone that having the same thoughts! x

It's not a year but 5 whole years though. That's difficult for anyone to swallow, especially a lady who's been looking forward to it for the longest time and thought she had it when he put a ring on it. It's like he brought her to heaven and pushed her to hell.

If he'd kept their side of the financial promise to put $500 aside each month, they'd have an okay sum to start with by now but he didn't and didn't even tell her.

Like JiHo's mom said, it's hard enough to be happy on your own, how can you be responsible for other people's happiness as well? HE wants her to be happy. HE wants to see her smile. HE doesn't want her to be sad over finances. But the method which he'll achieve that for her may be very different from how she may want that achieved herself. WonSeok is putting too many obligations on himself. She of course wants to be happy, but that doesn't mean that she's demanding that she be happy 24/7. She might be okay and may actually prefer enduring some unhappiness for later, more important happiness. She won't be smiling 24/7, no one can. There will be times when they'll stress over finances and she may be okay with that because there are things bigger than that that she holds dearer. This break down is not solely her fault. But it's not WonSeok's fault alone either. Like JiHo said, life happens and what happens is not anybody's fault (specifically). It's timing, the people and the situation.

This couple actually can marry now. Marriage isn't only for the rich. You just sign a piece of paper, that's it, and go on with your life. House? Car? Wedding? In-laws? Kids? Holidays? Responsibilites? Etc etc. The first three you don't need to have, the rest can be dealt together and overcome. Because that's married life. To have a desire is not a bad thing. But the problem is that their idea of marriage is that one fixed whole-hog too expensive one that they can't afford and they're refusing to communicate and therefore can't compromise. What kills me is that they're both running away and giving it all up without even giving compromise a try. 

Like, where is the "this is what I want" but "this is only what I can do/ give" and "I'm okay if I don't have this" or even "I'm okay if we can wait for this but not this"? Where is the "can we start our marriage humble and work together upwards?" instead of just pushing the whole thing away?

You know what, they should break up. Not because they see their futures as something very different, but because they CANNOT communicate. And that's just a death sentence for any marriage brought on by both sides.

• Like 19

I hope next week they drop the formal language and just speak in banmal to each other. I wanna hear them call each other "se hee-ya" and "Ji-ho ya" ahah! SOmetimes i wonder why it's so sweet and cute when they drop to informal in dramas. I'm not korean nor do i know the language, but why do I myself get excited about it? it's strange that I do lol 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, chickfactor said:

As other posters have commented, this show is doing an excellent job incorporating their product placements. (It's funny because that used to be Ji-Ho's whole job!)

• wonderbra
  • that massage chair
  • those Swarovski earrings
  • Dyson hair dryer

I'm sure there are many more. But these are really worked well into the storyline well AND do a great job of making us want these things.

Is YOLO cafe a real cafe? Because that is some serious synergy.

Oh, and can I just mention how CUTE Se-Hee was when he gave JH those earrings? Putting them in her hand and running away? OMG, I died laughing.

--

Anyway, more comments about Seok's career change. I really don't consider his giving up his app such a serious sacrifice because job experience is important. While he works at SG's company, he will learn what it takes to create a successful app, how to get funding, and how to manage your staff. So if he wants to continue his app or develop a new one, he can have a better chance of success, with a staff that doesn't treat him like crap.

Heh...... your comment got me looking up how clever the advertising is, like a massage chair in the office ?

Poster girl Bomi looking like she can sell a million massage chairs.

The video clip in spoiler shows the power of luring you into the pocket burning I-Want trap,

You can feel Bomi's chair-gasm.

A TEASER QUESTION ........ WHO SELLS THE MASSAGE CHAIR BEST ..? In terms of first impression and the desirability of owning one as demonstrated by them. See spoiler for their massage chair power to seduce the buyer.

1 Bomi

2Se Hee

3CEO Ma

23668451_370947520032103_249105783885660

Spoiler

Even Se Hee's massage-gasm shows up pretty alluring as in video. so do ajummas rush to buy one or two ?

Do we hear a collective I WANT ..??

23507387_509943982704614_339722482653908

Spoiler

23421785_1814413852190650_27789815929980

Spoiler

Targeting the guys....... doing your girl's hair is advertised as fun and so metrosexual ?

Spoiler

23596263_979461118859421_811467478399765

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

On 17/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, VanillaSalt said:

I hope next week they drop the formal language and just speak in banmal to each other. I wanna hear them call each other "se hee-ya" and "Ji-ho ya" ahah! SOmetimes i wonder why it's so sweet and cute when they drop to informal in dramas. I'm not korean nor do i know the language, but why do I myself get excited about it? it's strange that I do lol 

me too! Actually I want SH to drop the formalities. JH would very likely keep the formalities cos he's a whole 8 years older. But actually.. it can be really cute when couples keep the formalities too, I kinda think its cute when they call each other SH-sshi & JH-sshi. I like how it shows how much they respect each other, especially for the when an older person uses honorifics with the younger person. Cute & kind of levels out the playing field a little bit in the relationship. But I just want more dating... 4 episodes is such a short amount of time to see them date and quarrel and do mundane couple things.. I need more than 4 episodes of JH & SH doing couple things!! it took us 12 whole episodes to get here D: 

On 17/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, roseeflower said:

Kim Min Suk posted a picture of him and LMK from "Shut up flower boy band" days :wink:

Wooow I didn't know LMK & KMS were that close in real life.

Trans of post above "This is a really precious and beautiful memory. The great senior and oldest brother that I met at my first shoot when I didn't know anything has now become my one & only older brother. Thank you to 'my(uri)' older brother for looking out for me and taking care of me up til now. #NoodleAddict"

They have a really cute rls ^^ even though their characters in this drama aren't that close haha

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 18

10 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

um ok oh my god Lee Min Ki has a cute laugh?? I like him more and more with every behind the scenes that comes out. He's really charming lol. I hope se hee laughs like that at some point before the end haha

ok.. in the video.. SH never once changes his seat or body language..

But JH.. she moves from sitting upright along the chari. ot her shoulder smoving mre and more towards LMK.. and then her position is literally changed and aligned towards him..while no change in LMK's..

look at her knees.. they are pulling away, the hands are tensed..to avoid any more proximity with LMK over what there is already

LMK is so in control

If i were to interpret this (i cna be totally wrong)

- JM likes LMK :) .. she is charmed

- LMK being professional self

- Director was right, both were casted because their temperaments are very very very similar to the characters.. LMK with his slow meticulous thinking process.. and JM with her thoughtful, mature, not so fake ala most of the celebrities and 100% of idols who are forced to be so fake all the time..

I find it unbelievable that LMK was caught up in sex scandal..given how in control of himself is he..all the time

FUN TRIVIA:

Kim go eun(chees in the trap/goblin)... has always been very mature and tight lipped in all her interviews.... watch her interview when Monster was set to air (with LMK)... in 4 min video she must have said LMK is handsome some 3-5 times :tongue: ...and she never says such things..ever

• Like 14