[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

This show is the anti-makjang and they made that loud and clear, by rejecting the writer who wanted to throw a bunch of hidden chaebols into the script.

@chickfactor When did this happen? Who was this writer who wanted to Makjang-rise the drama??

I watched the Japan version over the weekend.... very sweet, and very Japanese. (I loved the noona romance in there!!!)

JH likes to sit on the floor like Moriyama in the Japan version. The guy Tsuzaki, tells her to come up on the sofa and sit next to him. It is used as a turning point in their relationship, because, unlike BTIMFL, he has serious skinship issues. They had to set a day for giving hugs:) .

Yesterday's episode was spectacular.  I love how the hangups of these characters are caused by real issues from there past that make very credible backstories. The writer really thought about what causes the character's wounds and crafted a believable story.  I love Soo Ji's character and I could understand why she reacted so harshly to CEO Ma insisting on dropping her mum at the station.

She must have had it rough growing up, other children making fun of her mum as a disabled person, herself being the child of a disabled person, her mum as an unmarried mother, and herself being the child of an unmarried mother. The barriers that you put up in childhood are reinforced with gravity-defying cement, and I'm glad he told her that even if he is scared of her, he still wants to be with her. My poor heart!! 

Soo Ji's character is the type of character that I love in programs and movies, the sassy, courageous woman with walls like Popeye's muscles. I love to see the strong man who isn't fazed by such a character, or who at least has the balls to keep trying. CEO Ma has every good reason to run. She may never drop her guard, but the fact that he is willing and courageous enough to try just makes me swoon for such couples!!

I always thought I like such female characters because I am like them, but when I took this drama's quiz, turns out that I am like JH. The summary describes my life to a T at the moment. Left employment under circumstances that are less than ideal, don't have the strength to go back to job hunting, career not going anywhere, I like to also write, nothing going on in the romance department, debating whether I should follow my passion and write for TV, or get a real job and make money and write on the side..... If drama gods exist, they need to drop an SH onto the street as I am walking!!

As for HR..... I'm glad they broke up. I love that she is courageous enough to vocalise what she wants, to get married. I also love that the guy from the App was straightforward about wanting to get married. People who have the courage to announce publicly that they want to get married have my highest respect!! I can't dare say this, and I'm older than HR. Frankly, I hope they live happily ever after and her Ex can go on and make lots of money and marry when he feels ready. TO me it was a satisfying conclusion, though I was like WHAT!! when the new guy pulled up in his car to pick HR up. Is she going to his house??? Is this another contract marriage?? hehehe!! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

Ooooh, there's a japanese version of this one? Is it also as good as BTIMFL?

Japanese dramas are Japanese dramas.....lollll!! I can't compare the two, though I enjoyed it immensely.

1 hour ago, diesy said:

I didn't know of the Japanese version!

Have anybody watched http://asianwiki.com/Dating:_What's_It_Like_To_Be_In_Love%3F ? 

At first, I though BTIMFL was going in the same way

(Btw it is a very funny and cute drama)

I must watch it. These contract marriage dramas will be the death of me!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, roseeflower said:

This drama just keeps delivering! the emotion is so strong in ep13. Writernim is doing an awesome job with all the characters and you know how fabulous a drama is when you feel for the main cast and the side characters as well. I really trust this writer and her tight well plotted story and i believe she will give us a great ending to remember!

I keep staring at JH last shot with teary eyes and a tiny smile on her face my mind is running wild. She is crying from happiness right? I don't even want to think about her being like this because SH is letting her go in order to not ruin her career i hope they won't leave us hanging with a separation. I would like to think that here sehee is confessing to her omo perhaps this scene is where he is verbalizing his emotions! it seems today is the real deal! SH has "uri" collar in his hands and i think finally JH will truly know where her husband heart leans to :wub:

We will see in few hours but I agree with you. 

I think this is happiness. 

Either SH will confess or JH will realizes that SH loved her a long time ago. 

I didn’t read the post saying that JH was in SJ’s room. 

It’s still can be possible JH had an epiphany about SH’s affection. Or maybe they are talking about overcoming her trauma.

Edited by cherryblossomkawai
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, hannajo said:

This is so aww-inducing. I've always thought the wedding was the start of SH's awareness of his deeper feelings for JH. (I'm of the opinion that he did not realise then what type of feelings they were, but he knew there were feelings.) Why else would he write "Is not able to stop crying once she starts". Is that necessary for a landlord to know about his tenant? :D 

Yes! I think this is one of the sweeter entries too. The "Is not able to stop crying" thing was the one favour that JH's mom asked of SH in her letter to him. She asked him to stay by JH'S side when she cries cos of this. So I found it extra sweet that he noted this down for their wedding date because he really took mom's words into account :)

• Like 7

Did the PD/writer actually make use of JH's script? It seemed to be a different script (Let's Eat) vs. Turtle something.

The cat climbing to JH's shelf in the background was too cute. I kept looking at the cat instead of listening to what JH and SH were saying.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, fastheart said:

Did the PD/writer actually make use of JH's script? It seemed to be a different script (Let's Eat) vs. Turtle something.

The cat climbing to JH's shelf in the background was too cute. I kept looking at the cat instead of listening to what JH and SH were saying.

Let's eat is the other drama by uri director. Oddly it's not the first hint to that drama, remember Yoon Doo-Joon doing a cameo in the 1st episode.

So, Turtle will be his next project? ahah :D

I think they didn't use her script in the end. Also It seems the project has been carried on by the rape-guy as a director, when I thought he was an assistant of the other one

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

Soo Ji's character is the type of character that I love in programs and movies, the sassy, courageous woman with walls like Popeye's muscles. I love to see the strong man who isn't fazed by such a character, or who at least has the balls to keep trying. CEO Ma has every good reason to run. She may never drop her guard, but the fact that he is willing and courageous enough to try just makes me swoon for such couples!

same here! Love her - such a tough cookie. Can't wait for her to turn the tables on her male colleagues, quit her job and start her own thing. What's more amazing is CEO Ma! I thought quite hard if I had to choose over the 3 men , I think I will pick Ma. He was the true MVP in this episode here. All the wisdom and wise words come from him. This whole episode should have been called Because This is My First Time Being Honest! And that great advice comes from our dear CEO. I love what he told SJ as well - that she has been using her mum etc as an excuse for how she deals with the world...he is such a sweet man.

991bQqd.pngrDwPAiB.png

HR and WS's break-up was sad but was imminent. It's hard when 2 people who are at different stations in life are trapped in a relationship for so long that they end up subconsciously building resentment against the other person. I have always said that the number one killer in any marriage or relationship is not money or adultery etc but it really is about unmatched expectations. This is why I can not see HR and WS coming back together because both their desires and dreams are taking them on different paths.

And finally our main couple - what a twist...Se Hee almost became a father!!!! ( at least you know his reproductive systems are working  :D) Never saw that one coming . Losing a baby, a broken engagement , a soured father and son relationship - it is no wonder he has in the last 12 years led a monk-like life. How can he possibly open up to another woman when he has so many baggages that need to dealt with and unloaded. It's fate I suppose that JH ends up working for his ex JM, but this is a great opportunity for him and JM to find proper closure.  Also I am so happy that JH is finally overcoming her own hurdles and taking the right steps to realise her dream.  It's definitely time for everyone to face their Room 19

mTkMFWh.png

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

What's more amazing is CEO Ma! I thought quite hard if I had to choose over the 3 men , I think I will pick Ma.

I agree! I also love SG, and I love that in the Soompi quiz, I got him as the result. :D But can I date someone with SG's personality and SH's looks?! :D

I envy people like SG who has not experienced any drama in their lives that makes things difficult for them (i.e. SJ's burden, JH's and WS's career struggles, HR wanting something that's difficult to have, SH and JM's pain, etc.). Despite this, his perspective in life is also important and I think it was a good thing that he's in everyone's lives to show them a different perspective or view of living other than what the other characters see or feel because of their past experiences.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think so to. The whole beating the poor orange and Ji-ho basically breaking the orange apart is so telling. They're both equally nervous and well it's kind of a analogy for sexytime. ROFL:lol:

its all in the beginning maintaining privacy and stuff, it doesnt stay for long, as they start becoming close and close, they dont ask permissions or dont maintain such level of privacy and also relationships becomes more stronger and i dont know what am thinking LOL

• LOL 4

It's interesting listening to JH and SJ conversation while HR was asleep. Both were at similar stage of relationship where they are getting close to progressing their relationship, but they did not let that information be known to the other.

JH was not sure that SH loved her, but she knew that SH definitely have feelings for her - contrary to what she told SJ a few nights ago when they found out about the contract marriage.

SJ was in the middle of opening up her heart to SG.  But she chose not to mention that and mention her mom instead.

I guess, progressing relationship is hard to share. It's a lot easier to tell others when things are tidy and neat.

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Ooooh, there's a japanese version of this one? Is it also as good as BTIMFL?

As for me BTIMFL is much better. It's more natural and ...hot :), easier to watch and relate.

I watched the japanese drama (Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu) before BTIMFL started. The thing I enjoyed about it is its theme song and dance and mv of that song, means that the drama itself was jusk ok for me. Still it has the japanese charming style (long deep thoughs) that I like. And I'm glad BTIMFL took that charming deepness from japanese style.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Omg gaisss. I've been lurking/stalking this thread for the longest time and I can't even remember the last time I was this into a drama and the characters. Lee Min Ki sure has an unexplainable charm and his chemistry with Jung So Min is off the roof! Anyways i've been catching up with all the little tidbits I can find online like their insta photos, various video snippets and BTS on youtube *trying hard not to sound like a creep right now*....i'm totally hooked on this drama and can't wait to hear about tonights ep!

Meanwhile i'm rewatching this MV for the millionth time. Though it's a sad one, but I love this MV coz Nell is awesome possum and Min Ki is gorgeous in this (those cheekbones!)

*Disappears back into the shadows* 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

I envy people like SG who has not experienced any drama in their lives that makes things difficult for them (i.e. SJ's burden, JH's and WS's career struggles, HR wanting something that's difficult to have, SH and JM's pain, etc.). Despite this, his perspective in life is also important and I think it was a good thing that he's in everyone's lives to show them a different perspective or view of living other than what the other characters see or feel because of their past experiences.

Yes, I agree with you. I think it is good to have someone like this who does not have emotional burden the way the others have. But I believe that even if SG did not have any problems at home , coming from a normal family , I am certain he has had his fair share of struggles while building his business. His wisdom comes from years of dealing with people from all walks of life - appeasing investors, networking like mad to get business contacts, managing employees etc. He is also a great judge of character and talent - seeing beyond the immediate (look at how he sees Se Hee's and WS's potentials). He already has a successful business - obviously quite a visionary, and I think he will be instrumental in steering SJ towards starting her own thing. He is perfect for her.