[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Eternal Love 1 双世宠妃

RPM

4 hours ago, meoba said:

@IMOmusings

What gives me the idea for the sad ending of the story is the part where the emperor said MLC cant live past 25 y/o and i saw a trailer on youtube where MLC is sitting on a white bed and XT is standing beside him... he was removing XTs hand on his arm...

Nahhhhh it's all part of the novel ^.^, there's a different meaning to he can't live past 25, which will be explained at the very beginning of E21 :)

Looks like this production team hasn't mucked up the drama too badly. They've changed a fair bit but have left enough of the original source to satisfy everyone. Any of the really important bits they've left and just change the storyline to shorten it for 24 episodes. The floating part looks sad, but from my understanding, it's a HE :grin:

EDIT: oh you know what, if the rumours of season 2 are true....the floating scene makes complete sense, unless they want to leave it as an open ending - which is also possible since source novel writes this part in too. I do wonder how they're going to rush the entire thing...4 episodes isn't enough for that much content - it's at least 30 chapters O_O

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IMOmusings said:

Nahhhhh it's all part of the novel ^.^, there's a different meaning to he can't live past 25, which will be explained at the very beginning of E21 :)

Looks like this production team hasn't mucked up the drama too badly. They've changed a fair bit but have left enough of the original source to satisfy everyone. Any of the really important bits they've left and just change the storyline to shorten it for 24 episodes. The floating part looks sad, but from my understanding, it's a HE :grin:

EDIT: oh you know what, if the rumours of season 2 are true....the floating scene makes complete sense, unless they want to leave it as an open ending - which is also possible since source novel writes this part in too. I do wonder how they're going to rush the entire thing...4 episodes isn't enough for that much content - it's at least 30 chapters O_O

Just wondering what the Chinese audiences feel about season2.  

1 hour ago, meoba said:

Why did they vanish at the end of episode 20?. They left their baby just like that and seems to me 14th prince will ve the emperor...

No and no. Even if they stayed, XT would not be able to raise her child as MLC would need to leave by 25, thus the child becomes crown prince (original crown prince asked to be demoted so must leave the capital). XT also would not be allowed to interact with her child as the energies that were released via her flute interfered too much with the people around her. As a baby, the child would have been unintentionally injured by her. 

Crown prince gets demoted and leaves the capital so the baby becomes next in line for the throne. Not sure why they skipped over the younger prince....but they did.

1 hour ago, saanjh sena said:

So excited to watch him again ❤

Sadly this isn't set to air until 2018 T_T

6 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Just wondering what the Chinese audiences feel about season2.  

Having a season 2 would actually be good. There's so much of the novel left (mostly taking place in modern day) that they have plenty to work with. In this rare case, I might even be so bold to say they could completely change the cast and still have it work if the original leads can't be contracted in for a season 2.

P.S: does anyone know if I Cannot Hug You is literally about the guy not being able to touch people? Since he's wearing gloves while pushing the trolley...

33 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

P.S: does anyone know if I Cannot Hug You is literally about the guy not being able to touch people? Since he's wearing gloves while pushing the trolley...

Some posted earlier that the girl is a vampire and she can't be touched.  

Well we will have to see next week if all the loose ends will be focused on.. Season 2 normally is just terrible like Fox in Love--also a webdrama. 

The Princess Agents forum just exploded with so many people distraught over the supposedly open ending. I actually stopped watching at ep 50.. never have I been cheated in a drama like that. Even though I skipped around I can feel the angst.. Too many points not resolved.

3 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Well we will have to see next week if all the loose ends will be focused on.. Season 2 normally is just terrible like Fox in Love--also a webdrama. 

The Princess Agents forum just exploded with so many people distraught over the supposedly open ending. I actually stopped watching at ep 50.. never have I been cheated in a drama like that. Even though I skipped around I can feel the angst.. Too many points not resolved.

S2 isn't always bad, just depends on who the producer is. I think....I can safely say that if the producer remains the same here, we can feel some sense of confidence in the quality of the drama xD Personally, I found Fox in Love to be terrible to begin with anyway. It didn't have the same draw as Eternal Love does.

I just came from the PA thread and LOL, I legit watched the last 2 mins and the ending was a perfect send-off if PA2 is already on the books. Reminiscent of western dramas actually in the eyes > fade to black.

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

The drama has so many kisses.  Love it. I don't what episode is this clip from.  Can someone translate it.  Thanks in advance.

Oh this is after the poisoned wine, should be same episode. She's basically apologising for planning to go along with drinking it while he gets angry at her for even thinking of dying and leaving him behind xD then she goes on about how ED said that she had to die for him to live and he replies by saying what good is living if she's dead and then we get more kiss faces xD

9 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I don't get it.? I really don't understand it without the subs!! The novel isn't really helping since it hasn't been updated in a long time...  what I don't get is how they were all dressed in white and hopefully someone can explain to us why is happening or the spoiler of it??

8 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

31ce0000d7a265c4577d?index=3FrdpVn3fyZ5BuCOrqthF1JnnoPWM

Xing Zhao Lin- upcoming drama I cannot hug you

Hide contents

84JQxo73_fdd084_f.jpg

Is this what will happen when they travelled back to the modern world??

9 hours ago, lovehuche said:

There was a scene, i don't remember if I saw on the intro mv or online, where they were up in the air holding hand and it seems like force was pulling them apart.  I hope that scene is not the ending scene.

I saw it too!! So ur not the only one thinking it was a false scene... wonder what the Directors are thinking!!

guys, don't jump to BE conclusions just yet - if you've been following PA, I know that's difficult but this drama doesn't seem like the director has changed the story that much.

The following should explain various things:

Spoiler

Can't live past the age of 25

This actually means that MLC needs to leave the world of Dong Yue by the time he is 25 for a different one. Not quite sure what the translation is yet but at the end of E20 when the two disappear, that world is where they go off to. It's by the forces of his grandfather that they leave.

Leaving behind their child

After the Crown Prince caused all that tragedy and died, that leaves MLC or the younger prince to take over the crown. However, since MLC has to leave by 25 - he can't, and the younger prince doesn't want the throne. As the only married member of the royal family MLC's children would inherit the throne. So being a baby boy, the child was taken directly into the palace to be brought up as heir.

This is on top of the fact that the powers XT unlocked during the fight with Crown Prince would cause injury to the people around her. Whether she meant it or not. Adults had a better chance of withstanding it but children had no chance. So to protect the child - even if they had stayed, the child would be taken away from her anyway.

White Gowns

The white gowns are not an indication of death, but are used as a way to differentiate between the characters in different worlds.

Floating Scene

Not sure exactly what this is about but potentially - (it's definitely right after the battle with demon lord) but I think this is when she gets sucked in by a stream vortex (or he does, whichever way the drama decides) and the other person jumps in to follow. The belief they each have now is that there is no point to living/staying without the other person. 

The novel uses the stream as a means of travelling between time periods so it could be used as a story device to transport them back to modern day. From what the Viet fans speculate, there should be an ep or 2 with them back in her original time.

If anything, instead of a BE, I feel like they might leave it an OE if not a HE.

57 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

If they made this into a game and I could play MLC, I would soooo sign up (credit: Official Weibo):

There are couple of his ads playing this game on Youtude.  

7 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

guys, don't jump to BE conclusions just yet - if you've been following PA, I know that's difficult but this drama doesn't seem like the director has changed the story that much.

The following should explain various things:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't live past the age of 25

This actually means that MLC needs to leave the world of Dong Yue by the time he is 25 for a different one. Not quite sure what the translation is yet but at the end of E20 when the two disappear, that world is where they go off to. It's by the forces of his grandfather that they leave.

Leaving behind their child

After the Crown Prince caused all that tragedy and died, that leaves MLC or the younger prince to take over the crown. However, since MLC has to leave by 25 - he can't, and the younger prince doesn't want the throne. As the only married member of the royal family MLC's children would inherit the throne. So being a baby boy, the child was taken directly into the palace to be brought up as heir.

This is on top of the fact that the powers XT unlocked during the fight with Crown Prince would cause injury to the people around her. Whether she meant it or not. Adults had a better chance of withstanding it but children had no chance. So to protect the child - even if they had stayed, the child would be taken away from her anyway.

White Gowns

The white gowns are not an indication of death, but are used as a way to differentiate between the characters in different worlds.

Floating Scene

Not sure exactly what this is about but potentially - (it's definitely right after the battle with demon lord) but I think this is when she gets sucked in by a stream vortex (or he does, whichever way the drama decides) and the other person jumps in to follow. The belief they each have now is that there is no point to living/staying without the other person. 

The novel uses the stream as a means of travelling between time periods so it could be used as a story device to transport them back to modern day. From what the Viet fans speculate, there should be an ep or 2 with them back in her original time.

If anything, instead of a BE, I feel like they might leave it an OE if not a HE.

Wish there is a season 2 in modern time.

Archived