■Native title:双世宠妃

■Also Known as:Shuang Shi Chong Fei; 爆笑宠妃: 爷我等你休妻;

■Country: China
■Type: Drama
■Episodes: 24
■Aired: Jul 10, 2017 to Aug 15, 2017
■Network: QQLive
■Duration: 36 min.

[Adapted from the novel Hilarious Pampered Consort: Lord I Will Wait for Your Divorce written by Fan Que.]

CAST ---

■Xing Zhao Lin as Mo Lian Cheng
■Liang Jie as Qu Tan Er
■Sun Yi Zhu as Jing Xin
■Xin Rui QI as Zhao Qing Yun
■Wang Richards as Mo Yi Huai

Synopsis ---

The Eternal Love is set in the fictional Dongyue country where the princes fight for the throne. Due to some mystical force, Qu Tan Er (Liang Jie) develops two different personalities: she occasionally switches from gentle and reserved to uncivilized and bold. She is being offered to the eight prince Mo Lian Cheng (Xing Zhao Lin) for marriage, but Lian Cheng is suspicious of Tan Er’s relationship with the crown prince for whom she once tried to commit suicide. Nonetheless, Tan Er slowly manages to gain his trust with her bold and bubbly personality and the two end up falling deeply in love. However, her other gentle personality is still yearning for the crown prince and wishes to help him become king…

Episodes ---

Stills ---

etern%2016.jpgetern%201.jpgetern%202.jpg

Spoiler

etern%2015.jpgetern%2018.jpgetern%2027.jpgetern%2024.jpgetern%2025.jpgetern%2026.jpgetern%206.jpgetern%205.jpg

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for setup this page for this drama.  I was hoping some would so we can discuss it.  I love the drama so much.  This is my kind of drama, romance and action in the mixed.  The actors are so green, not the best acting but I just love the interaction between the leads. I am dying for someone to sub this in English so i can understand their conversations.  

Me to waiting for subtitles 

2 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Thank you for setup this page for this drama.  I was hoping some would so we can discuss it.  I love the drama so much.  This is my kind of drama, romance and action in the mixed.  The actors are so green, not the best acting but I just love the interaction between the leads. I am dying for someone to sub this in English so i can understand their conversations.  

Me to waiting for subtitles ......hope so subbed soon

From what i understand this novel is over 500 chapters long although i have read one chapter and each chapter appears to be quite short. That being said - this novel has not yet concluded, ie the author is stilll adding more chapters as of this week. Anyone knows how the episodes are going to end since this is an incomplete novel? thanx

7 hours ago, mundane9 said:

From what i understand this novel is over 500 chapters long although i have read one chapter and each chapter appears to be quite short. That being said - this novel has not yet concluded, ie the author is stilll adding more chapters as of this week. Anyone knows how the episodes are going to end since this is an incomplete novel? thanx

Not sure how it's going to end.  I read online that this drama will be 24episodes in 30 min each.

I'm really loving this drama so far, the interactions between the main leads Qu Tan Er and Mo Lian Cheng are hilarious.

The setup is Qu Tan Er once tried to commit suicide by running into a wall (this part is in the narration) but instead of dying she gets inhabited by modern woman Qu Xiao Tan,so she ends up with a split personality. One version is the demure lady and the other version is loud and crass. Qu Tan Er switches personality whenever she is bullied or hits her head and only her maid Jing Xin seems to know this secret.

Qu Tan Er is engaged to 8th Prince Mo Lian Cheng and marries him by episode 1. He's initially wary of her because she had a past romantic history with the Eldest Prince and he suspects she is a spy. He's half correct since the demure version really is a spy,but the crass version wants nothing to do with eldest prince. Mo Lian Cheng is confused since his wife seems to be two different people and even the people he sent to spy on her are confused.

My favourite part so far is when he kisses her and she demands compensation. Her idea of compensation is a letter of divorce, which  he says he will give IF she pleases him in bed. After the "deed" he claims he was "not satisfied" but his smirk says otherwise! 

24fdde6f-f4c4-48c0-a056-c980e06c550b_zps

On 7/14/2017 at 9:41 PM, frostflower14 said:

I'm really loving this drama so far, the interactions between the main leads Qu Tan Er and Mo Lian Cheng are hilarious.

The setup is Qu Tan Er once tried to commit suicide by running into a wall (this part is in the narration) but instead of dying she gets inhabited by modern woman Qu Xiao Tan,so she ends up with a split personality. One version is the demure lady and the other version is loud and crass. Qu Tan Er switches personality whenever she is bullied or hits her head and only her maid Jing Xin seems to know this secret.

Qu Tan Er is engaged to 8th Prince Mo Lian Cheng and marries him by episode 1. He's initially wary of her because she had a past romantic history with the Eldest Prince and he suspects she is a spy. He's half correct since the demure version really is a spy,but the crass version wants nothing to do with eldest prince. Mo Lian Cheng is confused since his wife seems to be two different people and even the people he sent to spy on her are confused.

My favourite part so far is when he kisses her and she demands compensation. Her idea of compensation is a letter of divorce, which  he says he will give IF she pleases him in bed. After the "deed" he claims he was "not satisfied" but his smirk says otherwise! 

I just wonder if the person demanded a divorce paper was the modern girl or the other girl.  I wish someone would be kind to subtitle in English.  I watched without

:heart:

Thank's @saanjh sena for setting up this thread.... I like this drama!  I've read the novel a year ago, or more exactly google translate it Lol.. and I like it up till chapter 500... From the episodes I've watched, this is quite an entertaining drama, but I'm setting my expectation low so I don't expect too much, and just enjoy the cuteness. 

35 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I just wonder if the person demanded a divorce paper was the modern girl or the other girl.  I wish someone would be kind to subtitle in English.  I watched without

It was definitely the modern girl who wanted a divorce, since he only gave her to the count of 3 to decide she took the initiative and kissed him then apologises to the other girl for using her body.

The modern girl is more forward and actually seems to like Mo Lian Cheng, but the other girl would have never allowed him to touch her since she is still in love with eldest prince,even though he married her mean elder sister.

Thanks for summary 

Without subtitles I m unable to know anything 

Tried to search but think no english-subbed version.....yet.

For me, i can understand chinese.

The production level of this drama isn't as high as some of the more popular ones....less budget, less-known cast.

The story isn't the most original one...but think they adapted the novel....the novel, the 2 souls didn't share same body...they exchanged....the older world soul went to the future body instead. 

The 2 leads are quite young esp the guy Xing Zhaolin 邢昭林....born in 1997, only 20yo. In 2013 he went for the auditions for SM entertainment (held in China)...think he passed....but he chose not to continue and stay in China....focus is acting.

The girl Liang Jie 梁洁 is 3 yrs older, b1994.

One common comment in some china drama websites is that the lead guy who also acted as Yue Qi in Princess Agents "acted" faster than his "master" when come to teasing and kissing the girl...haha.

Thank you for this!!! I had found small summary about the dual personality thing, but wasn't able to make sense of it since no one seems to be subbing it. I only came upon this drama because an Instagram feed post had it pictured and I thought the main male lead was super attractive LOL. I can't understand much of the story, and overall, the acting for me is okay, but not great. It's not bad, but sometimes the acting is just a little too green or obvious they're trying to portray something. I do understand that this is mostly a rookie cast though, so understandable.

But, despite that, I love the pull-and-tug with the main leads, especially cause the dual personality makes it really interesting. Gotta say, love the kiss scenes as well lol - and every time Lian Cheng smirks, I shriek a little lol. I really hope Viki or DF pick up the license for it, or someone takes on the role of subbing it since it's only about 12 hours worth

On 7/15/2017 at 3:05 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Tried to search but think no english-subbed version.....yet.

For me, i can understand chinese.

The production level of this drama isn't as high as some of the more popular ones....less budget, less-known cast.

The story isn't the most original one...but think they adapted the novel....the novel, the 2 souls didn't share same body...they exchanged....the older world soul went to the future body instead. 

The 2 leads are quite young esp the guy Xing Zhaolin 邢昭林....born in 1997, only 20yo. In 2013 he went for the auditions for SM entertainment (held in China)...think he passed....but he chose not to continue and stay in China....focus is acting.

The girl Liang Jie 梁洁 is 3 yrs older, b1994.

One common comment in some china drama websites is that the lead guy who also acted as Yue Qi in Princess Agents "acted" faster than his "master" when come to teasing and kissing the girl...haha.

No wonder I thought his name sounded familiar!! I remember him now as the guy that was rumored for a long time to be Kris's replacement in EXO or be one of SM's Chinese trainees in general

Youtube got the normal chinese episodes. The fastest subbed language is Vietnamese, already seen in youtube.

Ya, his smirk is quite addictive to watch. Here in this scene, the girl wanted him to divorce her so that she can leave. His term of exchange is to consummate their marriage (which they haven't done so) and if he found it satisfactory. She hesitated for a while b'cos giving in (her idea is since this isn't her body)....she took the initiative to kiss him....his eyes expanded and u would notice his lips curled up abit during the kiss. There's no bedscene...just "after" scene...haha. Still no divorce b'cos the bad boy said "I'm not satisfied."...haha.

Another scene....somewhere after 50sec...the girl revealed that her stepmother often tortured her (eg needles on her skin)...he said need to see evidence (before any accusation) so she revealed abit of her back and asked him 3 times if he saw clearly....which everytime he said no...haha....bad boy again. And he was staring at her face and neck all these time. His eyes moved abit while she suddenly turn to face him upclose.

About their acting...ya, it's abit raw. His char is supposed to be super calm, arrogant type...if handled badly, he look emotionless. For her, my guess is she tried to act very differently for the 2 souls, one demure and slightly moody....the other loud and less feminine....the later, if over-acted, would look very bad also.

Just a trivia....the girl 叶炫清 Ye Xuan Qing who sang the title song Jiu Zhang Ji 九张机 ....she's only 18/19yo....she entered a few singing contests these few yrs....attached one below.  

Archived