[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Eternal Love 1 双世宠妃

RPM

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

preview for ep 17 with my translation below

MYH: I’ll sincerely yield the throne. If father doesn’t permit, then I’ll no longer have any face to live in this world. I’ll rather die.

Emperor: You. Why do you have to persistently force me?  

ED: Emperor, why are you so determined not to yield the throne to Cheng Er? Wouldn’t that make everyone happy? 

Emperor: Stop talking. Cheng Er cannot succeed the throne.

ED: Why is that so?

Evil Guy: If MLC is the previous Emperor’s favourite grandson, then the previous emperor must have a posthumous edict. MLC’s life is not long lived. 

Emperor: Before father passed away, he privately told me that Cheng Er cannot live past 25 years old.

ED: What?!

Emperor: Mother. 

ED: That is impossible.   

15 minutes ago, PUNG said:

preview for ep 21 with my translation below

MYH: I’ll sincerely yield the throne. If father doesn’t permit, then I’ll no longer have any face to live in this world. I’ll rather die.

ED: Emperor, why are you so determined not to yield the throne to Cheng Er? Wouldn’t that make everyone happy? 

Evil Guy: If MLC is the previous Emperor’s favourite grandson, then the previous emperor must have a posthumous edict. MLC’s life is not long lived. 

Emperor: Before father passed away, he privately told me that Cheng Er cannot live past 25 years old.

This is E17

1 minute ago, PUNG said:

oh okay. I just took the number from the title. I better start watching ep 17 now.

For some weird reason, chinese dramas release Ep specific trailers but aren't actually numbered properly. I've noticed it more recently in the last few months so no worries ^.^

But yes, the trailer is for E17 specifically and not 21.

23 minutes ago, PUNG said:

preview for ep 21 with my translation below

Is this what happen in the book?  Another Fighter of Destiny plot

2 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Is this what happen in the book?  Another Fighter of Destiny plot

Yes and now. They changed it a bit in the drama to make it a convenient excuse for the Emperor. Novel has MLC finding out via a letter. He actually doesn't die but it's a reason for him to leave the kingdom. There were other instructions left for him.

Note: Looks like weird white haired old man is the same character as in the novel. He's an annoying busy body that does nothing but interfere in the relationship between Tan'er and MLC. He had good intentions towards Tan'er but it's frustrating every time he shows up later on because you know he's going to create misunderstandings =.="

7 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO what a cliffhanger T_T, but wow...they're going to squish the rest of the story in 4 eps...O_O

Lucky you, the Viet subbed are fast.  I am going to watch ep 13& 14 in English subbed and ep 17 through 20 raw tonight.  But I found watching raw  kind of boring if the leads are not on screen together since I don't understand their conversations.  

12 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Lucky you, the Viet subbed are fast.  I am going to watch ep 13& 14 in English subbed and ep 17 through 20 raw tonight.  But I found watching raw  kind of boring if the leads are not on screen together since I don't understand their conversations.  

good and bad....coz i can't fangirl with anyone =X

I'm actually annoyed at how fast they glossed over the kid...it had so much more substance and meaning in the novel. 

Jeepers....was reading rumours about the rest of the drama and it's so convoluted I don't understand how they're going to manage it in 4 episodes O_O

28 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO what a cliffhanger T_T, but wow...they're going to squish the rest of the story in 4 eps...O_O

EP Previews:

Hide contents

This clip is before the clip she was giving birth.  Can u translate in English for us.  It seems like heart breaking for her.  Wish she would go back to modern time and let him chase after her.

24 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

This clip is before the clip she was giving birth.  Can u translate in English for us.  It seems like heart breaking for her.  Wish she would go back to modern time and let him chase after her.

Nope, she gives birth THEN this scene. Not sure why they made the previews the other way around.

I shall try my best...my idioms are a bit rusty:

Spoiler

TE: This is the rose that you most like. Do you remember the promise made between us?

MLC: Young miss has gone to some trouble. Forgive me for not remembering ̣(he actually doesn't say this, closest direct translation would be, "Forgive me for not taking care.")

(insert crying Tan'er)

MLC: Can I ask young miss, are you my wife, Qu Tan'er? (he also doesn't say this, the phrase is the Chinese idiom for marriage till death do us part)

TE: Cheng Cheng, it's not that you don't remember who I am right? If you don't remember who I am, how am I supposed to live? Cheng Cheng...

(ahhhhh noooo don't push her hand away...)

MLC: I don't know what promise there is between us but our relationship before was very good right? Then when my life was at stake, as my wife where were you?

TE: Cheng Cheng, it's not as you think. It's not, it's not! How can I not want to be with you? I wanted to be with you day and night, but I can only blame myself for being useless and not able to share your worries. They prevented me form coming in, I had no ways to see you.

MLC: Okay, don't cry. Let's make a promise, how is that? From now on, regardless of who I am, I allow you to stay beside me.

TE: Letting me protect you is enough.

Sorry for the thoroughly butchered translation....sounds so much better in Chinese and reads much more understandably in Viet

He's actually done so much for her...I kind of don't mind seeing her suffer a little bit xD and it's not like he intentionally did it either - I blame his grandfather

2 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

good and bad....coz i can't fangirl with anyone =X

I'm actually annoyed at how fast they glossed over the kid...it had so much more substance and meaning in the novel. 

Jeepers....was reading rumours about the rest of the drama and it's so convoluted I don't understand how they're going to manage it in 4 episodes O_O

You can fan girl with me! I work full time and I have two kids so I rarely come on. :) Welcome for PMs. 

She gave birth and it was just brushed aside.. that cliffhanger ending though ep 20.. The viet fans are speculating a season 2 fyi.

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

You can fan girl with me! I work full time and I have two kids so I rarely come on. :) Welcome for PMs. 

She gave birth and it was just brushed aside.. that cliffhanger ending though ep 20.. The viet fans are speculating a season 2 fyi.

I can fangirl with u two.  I like the drama.  I am not particularly attached to a particular star.  I just like romance drama with little or some action, not heavy.  

Favorite drama this far: #1 the eternal love (this one) # 2-the other eternal love aka ten miles peach blossoms( reason #2 because it's too many ep).  I watched these 2 dramas numerous times.  Even my husband complained that I should already memorized the theme songs by now

I would love to discuss this drama more but since I don't read or understand Chinese, i can't share new information.  

Looking forward to ep13 English subbed.  I wanted to know how XT thought about MLC marriage to his cousin.  I saw raw that she was upset.

Archived