[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] An Oriental Odyssey 盛唐幻夜

sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blech! I started off really liking this show, & while I was rooting 4 Zhao Lanzhi  2 wind up w/ the girl & not Mu Le, I had initially liked them almost equally, so I wouldn't have been 2 disappointed if she was w/ Mu Le in the end. But these last few episodes have me totally disappointed in Mu Le! Oh my goodness, what an idiot! Hes unable 2 deal w/the hazing that goes w/ joining the military & he also refuses 2 see that Lanzhi has been on his side & was helping him, becuz of his jealousy. & Then u have Yuan'er disappointing in a big way when she manages 2 magically not hear Lanzhi say he already gave the order 2 stand down w/the rocks. Im so disappointed I don't even want 2 finish the next couple episodes. Its just 2 stoopid! I personally feel that the writers could have expressed some extra energy here 2 come up w/ a more believeable storyline. It always bugs me when characters who are initially portrayed w/a certain amount of intelligence turn into blubbering idiots just to take the story where the writers want it 2 go. **tear** &It started off soo good! Methinks Ill take a break & watch something else 4 a while 2 gain some distance.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] An Oriental Odyssey 盛唐幻夜
  • 2 weeks later...

I was rooting for any guy but just not playing both guys. It's not fair to ZLZ and it's not fair at all to ML who had been nothing but faithful. It doesn't make sense to me why LZL HAD to kill those "mountain bandits" the leader of the mountain bandits wasn't a bad guy at all. he killed a guy at the restaurant who even the stander bys said the guy that was killed was guilty of "burned down not one not two but THREE homes and stole other people's women." the bandit leader who killed that bad guy wasn't bad in morality. but the scriptwriter made it a must that ZLZ had to execute all the bandits. even ML said the bandits never steal from innocents or kill innocents. also why did that puppet guy who was the father of the puppeteer why did he recommend ZLZ become a general anyway. it's so funny cause the puppet woman's sons father the now retired military general is sick and hurt himself with a poisoned arrow but he's going to recommend someone else to suffer the same if not worse fate than him. and what happened in the military with ML was all a misunderstanding because anytime anyone performs ahead of others especially those who want to be first they will get treated with extra malice because they're jealous. and you have to understand ML lost all his memory he doesn't understand politics and why everyone has sideway thinking towards him since he's honest himself and often times incapable of thinking anything that's not direct since he's a direct and honest guy. it really hurt my heart when he repeatedly got hit and whipped and then the stones were released and almost killed him!!! it was also very sad when ZhenZhen his worker also died towards the end of the show trying to save him. what's the most infuriating is the writer killing ML like this WHOLE disaster of the 9 divine jewels at Suolo could've been completely avoided had Prince Ying/ ML and Yuan Er just beheaded his brother when they flipping had the chance!! Just like the Princess of Tang beheaded the evil monk who killed his fellow disciples they showed mercy towards a merciless person. And yes it's sad that Prince Heng the brother never really did anything to hurt anyone with his "magic" in the beginning he saved that guy and they practiced magic and only turned a passerby into a deer but the guy never killed anyone. The King and Queen is really harsh for repeatedly scolding their son and even the flower exam Prince Heng didn't know his friend would help him with magic cause he himself never did. And also when the dragon was released it was all his evil scheming friend who did it. Prince Heng when he was younger didn't have evil in his heart he was just misunderstood and wrongly framed but after his friend lost his eyes because of releasing the dragon and they then tried to assassinate the king that's when Prince Heng flipped a switch and lost his damn mind! If they had killed Prince Heng when they had the chance they could've saved a lot more lives. 

• 9 months later...

Archived