[Thai Drama 2017] Two Moons เดือนเกี้ยวเดือน

acklexxx

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Theorically, if a BL market can exist, a GL market must do it too.

I'm pretty sure it do. But it is much smaller than BL. Also i think that large part of GL-fandom are still women.

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Maybe it is better to wait a reverse situation (boy write GL for boy)!

I think there are some guys writing about girls but it's probably like a drop in an ocean (where the ocean is BL-fandom).

On 8/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, mellialuna said:

I find this thread interesting especially about how nice it is to use his own name!

Even if you do not speak Thai you can hear the sounds and with a bit of effort start to understand bits here and there - by pure repetition. I think it was on Love by chance, that the translator (JayBL) added notes here and there and that helps a lot.

At times I have found myself thinking, hang on a moment, I thought you were the mother so why are you saying "your mother thinks..." the answer being that Thai's can talk about themselves in the third person. What is more, when they do so it is significant just as whether people use :  P, Nong, Goo, Meung... invariably it all gets translated as "I" and "you" so unless you are listening carefully, or it is pointed out, you can miss the subtlety.

There are lots of phrases and interjections that are repetitious with a seeming multitude of ways of translating them :D Some I have tried to reverse engineer by looking up the the English phrase in Thai. Rarely matches. No matter, I'll live but I suffer from incorrigible curiosity.

We should be putting all this new found knowledge into a compendium. "A guide to the Thai Language" by people who do not speak it :)

17 hours ago, aniola said:

It's not like i'm accepting it, more like sometimes i choose to ignore.:ph34r: Because sometimes it feels tiresome to be annoyed by all this typical plots and complaining about it all over again.

If you interested they use word "mia=เมีย".

Aye, just got to go with the flow. The kids will think it's funny and in certain circumstances it could be considered as such : it works for me when he recovers Beam from the 'evil clutches' of the girl because he is using it for its shock value. But all the 'wife', 'hubby' stuff on the bike was a bit tiresome.

17 hours ago, deltos said:

I think you discuss a lot of stuff in a bar especially with friends...so I thought Forth's/Pha convo was normal...what wasn't normal was Wayo sitting in the bar playing a video game. Seriously ? Who does that ? It was such a Dad/Son moment...""here...the grownups are going to talk now" :lol: The leap and I mean leap to 

Makes my skin crawl...just reinforces ( imho) the stereotype that in a male same-sex relationship - one guy has to assume the role of a woman.It's the feminisation of the roles and a real lack of understanding that is evident when I hear that word...wife.:crazy: Would it have been so hard to have Forth say, " he's mine, he's my husband ? " :phew: And I don't care it was the dialog from the novel...it's still wrong ! <gets down off soapbox>:lol:

Who plays games in a bar - pretty much all kids these days. Otherwise they might be forced to talk to each other. It was the fact that Pha gave it to him that made me laugh ; like giving a kitten a ball of string.

I let 'wife' go on that occasion as I felt he was using it as a shock - or it could be construed as such. I detest the use of the word 'wifey' which demeans everybody, females included. To me it's as though the person referred to is nothing but an airhead ; a dithering blonde from an American sitcom of the sixties. Who would introduce their partner as "This is my wifey" ?

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination. Husband sounds serious and suggests that the journey's end has been reached. But, yes, he could have just said "He's mine !"

I'll remove my soapbox so you can replace yours :D

What you definitely would not have seen is Beam having to drag Forth out of the arms of another man. I find it a little concerning that in many of these series the guys assert their maleness by cruising from one girlfriend to the next. A series of one-night stands (perhaps two if they know how to do a decent stir-fry). Forth, on the other hand, who is pretty out about what his preferences are is never shown with another guy. Is that a reversal of how things would be shown in the west ? (QAF springs to mind)

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Who plays games in a bar - pretty much all kids these days. Otherwise they might be forced to talk to each other. It was the fact that Pha gave it to him that made me laugh ; like giving a kitten a ball of string.

I stand corrected...was in a bar last night...music was popping, place was hopping and there, there in the corner were the guys playing games. I cracked up remembering what I had just wrote...so yeah they do... why ?  Wasn't curious enough to ask - not to mention it was a str8 bar and life has taught me you don't go rolling up to any guy to ask anything...

Who would introduce their partner as "This is my wifey" ?

In the gay world, no. body. that I know of...:joy:

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination. Husband sounds serious and suggests that the journey's end has been reached. But, yes, he could have just said "He's mine !"

Perhaps, but could not " wifey " also suggest the same ?  I suppose he could have said, " he's my uke " cause that's the real implication there  wifey = uke. Hummm - so even Forth had that mindset....

'll remove my soapbox so you can replace yours :D

Nah just leave it in the corner...so somebody else can use it  - if needed - we still have four episodes to go...

Forth, on the other hand, who is pretty out about what his preferences are is never shown with another guy.

While he was never shown with another guy - his interest in Wayo kinda set the table. So it wasn't a big leap to Beam ( as another guy). If you read then novel.. Beam was a playa - ladies man ..so any internal conflicts he had about Kit and now Forth suggest to me that he was Bi - Additionally he also had an understanding about the physiological aspects of MM sex enough to ask...( another thing...who asks ???):lol:

4 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Is that a reversal of how things would be shown in the west ? (QAF springs to mind)

Hummmm interesting question.  Aside from the Emmett's conversion therapy story line...there weren't any women ( ok Justin's bf). In the context of QAF, Forth would be ripping Beam outta the arms of another guy - and popping him too ! lol.  An interesting compare and or contrast...although I think contrast would be more the order. Although Ming does have that Brian vibe going on....

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Even if you do not speak Thai you can hear the sounds and with a bit of effort start to understand bits here and there - by pure repetition.

True - it's not like the dialog is deep..it's pretty basic - no real in-depth monologues.. so after a while, words and phrases pop out. I just take that and move along - I'm more intent to learn mandarin. I've found tho my ear has become more sensitive to tonal sounds so the by product is understanding bits and pieces of Thai better.... Here's a brain twister...watching a BL with Thai audio, and Chinese and English subs...:bawling: that hurts sometimes..LOL

22 hours ago, deltos said:

I suppose he could have said, " he's my uke " cause that's the real implication there  wifey = uke.

I think to say "he is my wife" instead of "he is my uke/bottom" it's like to use figure of speech instead of direct words.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, dustinmyeye said:

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination.

Perhaps, but could not " wifey " also suggest the same ?

I guess the fact that we're all in BL-fandom have automatically implied by creators of novels/series that we all know which meaning are this words are used with. So the serious meaning is kinda putted aside cos it is really usually too far for such series.

Although Ming does have that Brian vibe going on....

Could you tell how?

Here's a brain twister...watching a BL with Thai audio, and Chinese and English subs...:bawling: that hurts sometimes..LOL

Never thought about it but it seems good work for brain indeed when I'm - having one language as main - watching series on other language which i don't know (but try to leans at least something) with subs in third language which i know far from perfect. And all three language are completely different from each other.

14 minutes ago, aniola said:

I think to say "he is my wife" instead of "he is my uke/bottom" it's like to use figure of speech instead of direct words.

And to be honest...in my humble gay opinion it is not exceptable at all  because I feel it's trying to sexualize and or feminize the relationship between two males.  I have never in my existence looked for a man to call my wife..<shudder>. So all I can do sometimes is to " consider the source" of such thinking - acknowledge that it's flawed - and hope that it will change. 

34 minutes ago, aniola said:

I guess the fact that we're all in BL-fandom have automatically implied by creators of novels/series that we all know which meaning are this words are used with. So the serious meaning is kinda putted aside cos it is really usually too far for such series.

I think, even though we are all in the BL fandom - it doesn't mean we have to drink the koolaide... that is,  accept some of the schlock that's put out there especially if you are a gay man in the fandom; in fact, it's really time to challenge the status quo and question the tea that's being served...we can all agree that the destination is romance...the issue is how we get there, the journey.

25 minutes ago, aniola said:

Could you tell how?

Oh..ummm..not sure how to explain that:phew:...it's his sense of being..the way he manages his space, the predator like personae ( and not in a bad way...) cat like.  I have not been able to see other Bl characters from various series in the same comparison - Ming is perhaps the first that I could call Brian...:lol:

Aaaah, literally the whole episode about Ming and Kit.:love:

:lol:

56 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Already watched this episode twice and going to watch it again. :D

I probably won't be able to rewatch it until thursday (since i'll be away from home with occasional wi-fi).

But i'm so happy anyway.^_^ It was such a lovely episode.:wub:

5 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I have to admit that I'm loving this new series. Didn't think I would.

Already watched this episode twice and going to watch it again. :D

Yes the THIS rendition of the series is worthy...I watch at  8 AM...and had to be late to an appt...just to watch. It was worth it...and might I say - it was done better than the novel...B)

21 minutes ago, deltos said:

Yes the THIS rendition of the series is worthy...I watch at  8 AM...and had to be late to an appt...just to watch. It was worth it...and might I say - it was done better than the novel...B)

Now that's what I call getting your priorities right. :D

When it first started I wasn't sure about it when they went over some of the previous storyline, but when they got past that it got interesting. I love the fact they concentrated on just Ming and Kit this whole episode. I think I've now watched it 4 or 5 times. Might watch it again later. :)

This is definitely way off topic, but I just love the song.

Spoiler

The dance routine is also great exercise ! ;)

Archived