[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

I keep replaying that swoon-worthy scene , sigh.   Why isn't it Monday yet?  

Agree, there is something wrong with JM's proposal because it carried conditions.   There is something wrong with SH being the self-sacrificing GF who goes along.   

Bumping into Pink Intern,  an ideal situation is that JM owns up---he and SH are a couple for 6 years and getting married,   If Pink Intern and her rich family  are behind the move to hand-pick JM as project manager for the kimchi product, and this chance is taken away from him;  if she hates SH with a passion for not saying anything while having coffee,  what will happen to their plans?   

This  is my self-contradiction, this being a show that reflects the realities of life for ordinary people:

The reality in Korea is that people are marrying later, if at all,  because of economics---the cost of a home, raising a family and educating a child (or two)  from play school to college.   Waiting for the perfect time in life  (it's been 6 yrs) is long,  but waiting a little more till the next round of promotions is short-term and hopefully very doable.  If connections matter and Pink Intern is the connection, or he just is not ready to risk anything at this point because a lot hinges on that promotion to Manager,  then a denial that he and SH are just close friends and neighbors to be calling each other  Jagi,  can happen.   (Expecting this, actually.).  If she put two and two together, she, because of that denial and her youth, will only pursue JM even harder. 

If married couples working for the same company is not allowed in their firm  so that one has to leave,  guess what, SH is more expendable.  If being a power blogger with so many fans that advertisers are interested, is her dream that makes her happy, then well and good,  otherwise,  it is a huge sacrifice--again.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chickfactor said:

He has no ability to know the difference between right and wrong. I think that is the textbook definition of "psychopath."

Nah it's not... but I know what you mean.

I'm guessing that he knows what's right and what's wrong, but that ppl in his surroundings don't care about "those things" (remember when his colleagues set Ae Ra up? That was very very low too, but it's probably normal for them to treat others that way or even be treated that one by "higher ups"), so that he fails to comprehend that ppl actually do care. It's a bit sad, and very despicable.

hi chinggu-ya!! finally i'm so happy to found this thread at last. after a long break from watching kdrama, i decided to watch fight my way. AND AMAZINGLY I LOVE IT SOO MUCH :wub: i love the story line, i love the cast (esp jiwon and seojoon!) omg I'm just in love with everything abt it. btw I can't move on from the last scene of eps 8!!! can't wait for the eps next week :bawling:

anyway nice to meet you all! :)

On 6/14/2017 at 7:03 AM, Bissu said:

Can the rating just jump to 30% already so Park Seo Joon & Kim Ji Won can get married.

Aside from that I don't really care about the ratings. This is a quality drama and all the actors are doing superbly. They, the directors, writers, etc. should all be proud. 

Yup, who cares about rating when this drama gives you something more than you can expect:wub:. Well actually i care too bcos i hope i can see more and more Park Seo Jun in the future:D. And to backread your comments here guys, i am so happy cos you all speak my heart exactly, starting from the last scene of 8th episode (i am dead), AR's feel when she was being rejected bcos of his none experience:(, etc. Thank you chingus.:):heart:

1 hour ago, chatazkya said:

hi chinggu-ya!! finally i'm so happy to found this thread at last. after a long break from watching kdrama, i decided to watch fight my way. AND AMAZINGLY I LOVE IT SOO MUCH :wub: i love the story line, i love the cast (esp jiwon and seojoon!) omg I'm just in love with everything abt it. btw I can't move on from the last scene of eps 8!!! can't wait for the eps next week :bawling:

anyway nice to meet you all! :)

Welcome ---and bring us all you got!!! :)

6 hours ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

I keep replaying that swoon-worthy scene , sigh.   Why isn't it Monday yet?  

Agree, there is something wrong with JM's proposal because it carried conditions.   There is something wrong with SH being the self-sacrificing GF who goes along.   

Bumping into Pink Intern,  an ideal situation is that JM owns up---he and SH are a couple for 6 years and getting married,   If Pink Intern and her rich family  are behind the move to hand-pick JM as project manager for the kimchi product, and this chance is taken away from him;  if she hates SH with a passion for not saying anything while having coffee,  what will happen to their plans?   

This  is my self-contradiction, this being a show that reflects the realities of life for ordinary people:

The reality in Korea is that people are marrying later, if at all,  because of economics---the cost of a home, raising a family and educating a child (or two)  from play school to college.   Waiting for the perfect time in life  (it's been 6 yrs) is long,  but waiting a little more till the next round of promotions is short-term and hopefully very doable.  If connections matter and Pink Intern is the connection, or he just is not ready to risk anything at this point because a lot hinges on that promotion to Manager,  then a denial that he and SH are just close friends and neighbors to be calling each other  Jagi,  can happen.   (Expecting this, actually.).  If she put two and two together, she, because of that denial and her youth, will only pursue JM even harder. 

If married couples working for the same company is not allowed in their firm  so that one has to leave,  guess what, SH is more expendable.  If being a power blogger with so many fans that advertisers are interested, is her dream that makes her happy, then well and good,  otherwise,  it is a huge sacrifice--again.

Your post clarifies what's going on with the scene at the bus stop with JM and SH - thank you. Like you, I too am predicting another "creative" denial to YJ about their relationship in ep 9 - but I hope we are surprised by a different outcome.. If not, I'm not sure as a viewer that I can justify what JM (and SH) are doing anymore. I mean -- when do the lies that they tell others become lies that they tell each other? Not sure if that question makes any sense, lol. There's this weird power struggle between them.. lol.. I am over analyzing things. Is it Monday yet?

Has anyone else noticed that both Coach and the landlady have the same last name, Hwang? I know that in S. Korea many people have the same last name, but I think Hwang is a slightly less common one, and since all our other characters have different last names it just made me wonder if there's a reason...made me wonder if she's Coach's noona or something?? I could be absolutely off-track with this, but since she's acting as a sort of fairy godmother to everyone, and she bought the Coach's gymnasium building, it just made me wonder if they have a connection we're not aware of somehow? 

1 hour ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Has anyone else noticed that both Coach and the landlady have the same last name, Hwang? I know that in S. Korea many people have the same last name, but I think Hwang is a slightly less common one, and since all our other characters have different last names it just made me wonder if there's a reason...made me wonder if she's Coach's noona or something?? I could be absolutely off-track with this, but since she's acting as a sort of fairy godmother to everyone, and she bought the Coach's gymnasium building, it just made me wonder if they have a connection we're not aware of somehow? 

That is an interesting theory. Indeed she is connected to one of them because she is doing things for them all. I had not noticed the same last name and that might explain why she bought the building where his gym is. Ah I cannot wait for us to have more elements to analyze!!

I thought she could be AR's mother. We have seen her father, he is mentionned often. But nothing on her mother. Plus, she is doing all those things for AR and the ones that are around her.

Also, after all your discussions about MB (more on this below), I have been rewatching the end of episode 7, and I actually think she is also the one who paid for the hospital room, not DM like that pathetic richard simmons assumed.

I dislike MB. Yet, I cannot help but feel pity for MB. Like he himself said at the end of the episode while talking about his friend who set AR up, inferiority complex is an ugly thing. However, I think he was also describing himself too at that point. He is the superioir in many aspects (education, wealth, family, job) and yet, it has always been put under DM. DM is inferior and yet he is superior because he is happy and liked by others for who he is. So, like his doctor friend did with him, he tried to destroy that, destroy DM and come out on top. Of course, that can not happen because, well, the first person that is destroying that possibility is him, by ploting, etc. So in that sense, I would not say he is a psycopath. But inferiority does make you do horrible things in order to feel better about yourself. In the end, MB is the pathetic one and somehow, I feel he totally felt it at the end of episode 7. How pathetic he actually was. It was a moment of truth, before he goes back to playing his little fake game of his...

2 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

I didn't realize that either until I read the recaps on Dramabeans this week.  I there is definitely a connection somewhere, I'm looking forward to finding out more about her. :)

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

That is an interesting theory. Indeed she is connected to one of them because she is doing things for them all. I had not noticed the same last name and that might explain why she bought the building where his gym is. Ah I cannot wait for us to have more elements to analyze!!

I thought she could be AR's mother. We have seen her father, he is mentionned often. But nothing on her mother. Plus, she is doing all those things for AR and the ones that are around her.

Also, after all your discussions about MB (more on this below), I have been rewatching the end of episode 7, and I actually think she is also the one who paid for the hospital room, not DM like that pathetic richard simmons assumed.

I dislike MB. Yet, I cannot help but feel pity for MB. Like he himself said at the end of the episode while talking about his friend who set AR up, inferiority complex is an ugly thing. However, I think he was also describing himself too at that point. He is the superioir in many aspects (education, wealth, family, job) and yet, it has always been put under DM. DM is inferior and yet he is superior because he is happy and liked by others for who he is. So, like his doctor friend did with him, he tried to destroy that, destroy DM and come out on top. Of course, that can not happen because, well, the first person that is destroying that possibility is him, by ploting, etc. So in that sense, I would not say he is a psycopath. But inferiority does make you do horrible things in order to feel better about yourself. In the end, MB is the pathetic one and somehow, I feel he totally felt it at the end of episode 7. How pathetic he actually was. It was a moment of truth, before he goes back to playing his little fake game of his...

I love your analysis of MB, I think you are spot on!!  In episode 6, while her and MB are having dinner he asks her is she is like her mom.  Her inner monologue was that no, she wasn't and didn't want to be because she wanted to live a long life.  So, I got the impression that at the extreme she committed suicide or at least died at an early age.  Or, it could be that she left dad and AR when she too young to have any real memories of her and her dad just told AR that her mom was dead.  Just some suppositions.....................

AR had confess to DM. Like usual DM so clueless... Like AR said she dog .once she bite , she never let go . in other hand, if AR decide to date DM , she never let DM go.                              (I like that passion)...:D                        hope the writer never let AR be like common heroin that will always give up. AR need be like that until the end...she really a girl crush

DM so cool when he fight but so clueless about his feeling

SH character had been develop well.she more outspoken than I think.hope she do not had serious problem with JM. I think the intern pretend to be clueless about SH and JM. She do not look that innocent to me.

Scene from ep 7 when DM jeolous. He so ridiculous.... How came he follow AR like that??:D

AR made aegyo....she nailed that part. Kim ji won really good at act crazy.she really good.the expression look so natura

The last scene in ep 8 really kill me.....this ending like a climax for AR and DM relationship. But at the same time still feel unsettle because the story still had 8 ep to go.....I get curious to know the latter part of this story.

Thanks @V for sharing these videos.  I still think when they show DM's feet changing direction it means a significant turning point for him.  The first time was when he decided to do MMA.  The next was when he went back to AR's room.  Even though it took some time to really express himself (the end of the ep 8 fight scene), after that, he openly showed his possessiveness and jealousy regarding AR.  I just love this couple so much!  I definitely think they will be "together" starting the next episode, but who knows what their definition of that will be :)

4 minutes ago, aunniek said:

Thanks @V for sharing these videos.  I still think when they show DM's feet changing direction it means a significant turning point for him.  The first time was when he decided to do MMA.  The next was when he went back to AR's room.  Even though it took some time to really express himself (the end of the ep 8 fight scene), after that, he openly showed his possessiveness and jealousy regarding AR.  I just love this couple so much!  I definitely think they will be "together" starting the next episode, but who knows what their definition of that will be :)

I think so too! I am a little hesitant if they will be together starting the next episode or not though, but I think it might happen! I feel like they might still be pretty awkward with each other. Like they might be a little standoffish in the locker room after the fight and might go to sleep separately, but stay awake all night wondering if they should go to each others place. Something like that. I feel like the writer still has to string it out a little bit longer so maybe she will focus more on Joo-man and Sul-hee on Monday? But what do I know right, this writer has shocked me so many times I have lost count at this point. I am at her/his mercy!!!!!!

Archived