[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, DM is going to give AR "space"? Are we about to enter misunderstanding territory where AR keep dating MB to keep herself from thinking about DM going out with HR? And, DM allows himself to hang out with HR to keep himself from going to AR, thinking that she's preoccupied with MB? Oof. If so, I might not like where this drama is headed next. 

That would make me very NOT happy. Absolutely NOT happy at all. No.

*Sulk-face*

If that happens, prepare for a rage-vomit.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

I'm really thinking of a name for this couple. What would suit them? AeMan couple? DongRa couple? Crazy couple? Childhood couple? Braless hug couple? Unemployed couple?

KBS called them a ssamantic couple! I wrote about it here. I will give a little clip from my post below! Ssam = cheap or arguing/fighting, it is also a type of food in Korea, which they were eating in the first teaser (or the second teaser?)

Similarly, they [KBS] went one step further and made up a word for the couple: "ssamantic couple" which is ssam + romantic put together. So if this couple is described as a ssamantic couple it should mean that they are a cheap couple or a arguing/fighting couple (or both).

7 minutes ago, V said:

KBS called them a ssamantic couple! I wrote about it here. I will give a little clip from my post below! Ssam = cheap or arguing/fighting, it is also a type of food in Korea, which they were eating in the first teaser (or the second teaser?)

Rhymes with romantic and antics so I'm down with it lol :lol:

23 minutes ago, deadorblack said:

Re: Ep  7 preview - AR defending MB against DM. 

@aunniekwe think alike! It does seem to me like AR succumbed to HR's words, that she (AR) doesn't occupy a special place in DM's heart. That she's "pathetically" hanging on as a friend just for the off chance that DM would treat her as more than one.

I feel sad that she would believe HR's words despite the physical 'clues' that DM has given. On the other hand, if AR didn't feel more for DM, she wouldn't be clamping down extra hard on her own feelings by outwardly defending MB. I mean who would want to be embarrassed to find out that the feeling isn't mutual? 

I saw it as AR 's attempt to protect herself but you have a point that the scene can also be interpreted as AR showing off to HR #i'mdoinggoodwiththisdoctorthankyounowbuzzoff. 

Y'all, I have so much faith in this writer so I am going to try and figure out the bases of their character descriptions/backgrounds/motivations.

I have a feeling that Ae-ra has a "looking pathetic" inferiority complex, which might be informing her decisions on how she is interacting with Dong-man now that Hye-ran is back. Ae-ra always bites back whenever someone confronts her, she doesn't back down to anyone and always appears strong. The only times she couldn't bite back were with her job (losing the announcer job and then kneeling to that woman). Other than that, she is a dog that bites.

However, I think Hye-ran knows this about Ae-ra, which is why she is always telling Ae-ra that she looks pathetic staying by Dong-man's side as his "friend" for all these years. Every time they are together Hye-ran brings up how pathetic Ae-ra looks staying close to Dong-man. I really think this eats at Ae-ra because Ae-ra doesn't want to look pathetic. She still cares about Dong-man and wants to protect him, but protecting him makes it look like she "likes" him, which is what Hye-ran is always going on about. Hey-ran is purposefully pushing Ae-ra's "looking pathetic" complex so Ae-ra will leave them alone to date. I think this is also why Ae-ra hasn't gotten rid of Moo-bin. Moo-bin is her safety zone where she can tell others (and herself) that she doesn't like Dong-man, she likes Moo-bin.

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Here is a translation of the preview. 

Coach: How can I immediately move out of my gym by next month? (means move his business by next month)
Coach’s student: Why should Coach spend the money for his business when he doesn’t even have money to live on in order to keep raising you?
JM: Why are you being like this? Why? Because of you, I’m so nervous, I can’t even work. 
SH: In that case, so you don’t have to be nervous, let’s just reveal it. (their relationship)
HR: That’s good (for her). At least she should grab onto a good man. 
DM: Do you think Ae Ra is you? 
DM: He’s really doing all sorts of things. 
DM: Move your car!
AR: That thing (referring to DM) is starting up again.
MB: I told you to maintain a proper distance around Ae Ra, didn’t I? An official boyfriend like me…
DM: You really are a funny bastard. 
AR: Why do you keep hassling my Moo Bin? (AR actually asks why does DM keep barking at her Moo Bin? :) )

So, DM is going to give AR "space"? Are we about to enter misunderstanding territory where AR keep dating MB to keep herself from thinking about DM going out with HR? And, DM allows himself to hang out with HR to keep himself from going to AR, thinking that she's preoccupied with MB? Oof. If so, I might not like where this drama is headed next. 

Supposedly, Choi Woo-sik "cameo" is supposed to be over in ep. 7.  I'm just praying that is true!!!  Has anyone heard any different?

And if he is leaving, I wonder what prompts his exit from AR's life?

20 minutes ago, aunniek said:

Supposedly, Choi Woo-sik "cameo" is supposed to be over in ep. 7.  I'm just praying that is true!!!  Has anyone heard any different?

And if he is leaving, I wonder what prompts his exit from AR's life?

Maybe when Ae-ra and Dong-man finally kiss?

Or even better, Ae-ra just tells him to go away.

oh god i thought i heard it wrong when she said jagiya. she really did omfg. besides it is just a common nickname among bestfriends, i think she wants to slightly show to moobin that dongman is not just a bestfriend? well... i really hope so. i couldn't stand anymore w/ moonbin, the way he treats aera like they are already on that level and even asks her to not pick up her bestfriend's call gosh so annoying like I WAS SO ANGRY. 

and, idk if this thing has been discussed here. that's the thing when u (bestfriends) fall in love w/ each other. u are confused with your feelings since you are already too comfortable with each other that sometimes, when a small fluttering thing happens, u'll find urself wondering about it. and it's kinda hard to confess ;; cause you have the thoughts that it might be only one-sided and it could affect your precious friendship ;; unless u are ready to take whatever is coming next. BUT I BELIEVE IN DONGMAN!!! gooooo get ur girl, boy!

just my 2 cents. btw, this is my first post here^^ hello everyoneee! looking forward to go through every episodes till the end w yall!

OMG Dongman you PERV:tongue: Methinks he enjoyed the idea that Aera goes around braless if ya ask me heh:wink: Ah~ MEN:tongue:

"How much stress did you cause for your date to faint like that?" - HAHAHAH:lol::lol::lol:

Likin' the landlady a lot! Hope to find out more of her backstory. :(Felt bad for Seolhee... Jooman-ah what are you waitin' for?! Marry her DAMNIT:crazy: Moobin is tryin' too hard, he should just go with the flow, I understand Aera completely. If I were her, I'd be suffocated too:mellow:

I'm enjoying the great friendship of AR and DM :wub:You know the saying, the genuine basis of love is friendship. I'm looking forward to their full blown exposed love for each other :D 

I just don't like MB he is 'assuming' too much. But I admit he is cute lol

That is one of the reasons I love this show, all of their relationships and situations are normal and could happen to anybody.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ahn Jae Hong And Song Ha Yoon’s Relationship On “Fight My Way” Praised For Its Realistic Romance

Fight-My-Way.jpg
T

Even as Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won showcase the thrills of a romance just beginning on “Fight My Way,” Ahn Jae Hong and Song Ha Yoon have also garnered praise for their realistic portrayal of a 6-year relationship.

In the June 6 episode, Baek Sul Hee (Song Ha Yoon) went to Kim Joo Man (Ahn Jae Hong)’s nephew’s birthday party and viewers got a closer look at their longtime relationship. When asked by his older sister if he was going to marry Sul Hee, Joo Man said, “Well, I might not marry her. But if I don’t marry her, I won’t marry anyone else.” Even when new employee Jang Ye Jin (Pyo Ye Jin) invites him to have a drink with her, he makes various excuses to avoid going out with her.

In Episode 4, Joo Man wanted to buy Sul Hee a dress on their way home, but Sul Hee felt bad about spending her boyfriend’s hard-earned money. Eventually, the couple got into a fight as Joo Man felt both sorry and angry for not being able to look good in front of his girlfriend. Although the moment was heartfelt, it was also relatable for many couples going through a hard time.

The couple’s making up was also very realistic, as Joo Man apologized but also said a number of ridiculous things to bring up the mood. Sul Hee also defended Joo Man to his family, telling them, “If you think of him lightly, I won’t stay still.” The two of them also share natural skin-to-skin contact, with hand kisses and loving whispers.

ahn-jae-hong-song-ha-yoon-540x306.png

Finally, as it proved in Episode 6, their families are familiar with each other as well. They’ve already met each other’s parents and Sul Hee even goes to the birthday party to win points with her future mother-and-sisters-in-law and ends up running errands to please them.

Although at this point, many people around them expect there’s nothing left for the couple except to get married, viewers will have to tune in to see what happens to Ahn Jae Hong and Song Ha Yoon as the drama progresses.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/07/ahn-jae-hong-song-ha-yoons-relationship-fight-way-praised-realistic-romance/

Episode 6 gave me so many feels! I cried twice on Sul Hee-Mom scenes, the ending, and even the epilogue. hahaha. And I really love the OST of Kassy - Good Morning, especially the beginning part! It always gets me like every time! It shoots to the heart. My feels suddenly get carried away every time it is playing. *sob* *sob*

And does anyone get any info about the OST we have been listening from the ep. 1? That OST playing mostly during Ae Ra - Dong Man. Gaaah I am dying to listen to its full version. Why don't they just release it soon? ;(

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I vote that AR tells MB unequivocally that she's not interested in him regardless of the situation with DM. Even though I'm not a fan of MB's character (though I am a fan of CWS), I still don't think it's nice that AR is now starting to use MB a little bit to try to get over her hurt feelings around DM and HR. I think initially AR accepted a date from MB because he was so ardent for her, however, she's still uncomfortable around him and not in a good way, so he's clearly not the one for her. Since AR has always been so straightforward as a character, I want her to tell MB directly that she's not interested rather than playing any games with him.

It's true that MB assumes far too much and is very, very pushy. However, he does seem to be a bit of a lost lamb when it comes to women. It's probably because he's focussed so much on doing well in school and then becoming a doctor that he doesn't have much experience with women? Anyway, I also want MB to go away, but I don't want him to be hurt or to continue to have some weird inferiority complex to DM that started when they were both schoolkids. 

Though with MB out of the picture, how will we get the scenes of jealous DM to get him to actually do something like tell AR that he likes her? Btw, no idea when CWS' cameo is over. If it ends in ep 7, that would be good. 

I don't know that DM enjoys thinking AR goes around braless, but I do think that he enjoyed being hugged by a braless AR. :D I noticed that it took a couple of moments for him to "process" her breasts against his chest and to comment on it to AR. Not to mention DM going all weak in the knees afterwards. LOL

I hope that MB finally acknowledges that he knows DM when he leaves the picture.  Of course, I can't find the article that states that his "cameo" was extended to ep. 7.  However, I really do hope it ends there...............

I can't wait for the two to be a couple finally. I mean true, we're just six episodes in, but I have a feeling if their chemistry is already sizzling as friends, how will their romantic chemistry be like. I have to fan myself now. Oooooh living just steps away from each other they can just choose to umm spend the night in either one's apartment. All the kisses we might get. All the stumbling into apartments. All the using every flat surface-

I'm getting ahead of myself. :wub:

I'm re-watching the eps. and so far, though I see that AR cares and is "physically" there for DM, I don't really see her "supporting" him.  She's constantly playing down his dreams and desires for his life, for ex. wanting him to become a security guard.  Is it because she feels she can't "go for it all" like DM is doing, maybe?  If HR switches up her tactics and totally supports him (or if anyone else does for that matter) AR will be out of luck.  He's constantly supported her dream of being an announcer and it's like she doesn't even appreciate it or value his support.  DM is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is genuine, caring, and wants all of those around around him to be truly happy.  I guess I'm just feeling that she doesn't value him as much as she should, and I'm in a crappy enough mood to tell her just to go to MB:glasses:. Ok rant over, now turning off PC :) 

But Coach-nim rules no matter what!!!!

Man, this drama is so so so incredible. The only thing I have been anticipating is for Monday to come quicker! I can not wait to see how DM will confess to AR about his true feelings. I really hope that in the next episode (episode 7), he will confess and they finally date.. but I know that's not realistic...just yet. Can they just get married and have cute babies already? lol i'm so ahead of myself (i can't help it)

Friends to lovers for DM and Aera.   That is the premise that made me watch this.  Drama, there is no other acceptable conclusion.  

Seeing the preview, AR defending MB and HR saying those words and all that.....may be a necessary step, unpalatable it may be.   By Tues next week we will be  at halfway mark so such conflicts with third wheels will happen.  Eventually it will  get  feelings of DM and AR toward each other to the fore.   Am sure there will continue to be situations in the episodes,  where only DM and only AR are there for each other, in good times and in bad.  

DM is jealous, we all know it is written on the wall.  He may still be conflicted as he has to sort out whether it is a friend's concern or romantic love, at this point of the drama, though I feel he will be more  and more inclined to doing things out of love.  ( I just hope he will never accept HR because of MB, please, noooo).   While JM and SH seconded and thirded AR's statement protecting ther mutual friend from HR's annoying clutches,  AR  hates her with a passion for her arrogance or even living Aera's dream;  later she will realize that there is jealousy thrown in too,  didn't she open the window to eavesdrop?  These are  likely the all the reasons she said yes to the date that landed her in the hospital,

-----

As for our second couple.  It was painful to watch SH sorting trash and cleaning up with JM's family right there.   Just one family member pulling her away and making her sit with them would have been nice, but no.   There is no way SH will blossom into her own unless JM  be the better person and forces a split up so she can concentrate on loving herself because she lost herself so badly.     Even if 6 yrs down the drain will never be easy,  can the show please write her to rise from the ashes?   Get a new life in another firm where she can perform a good job without boss' preconceived notions or seeing JM on the job.   Get her to change her look from mousy to more confident because what she sees in the mirror matters.    Lastly, the most difficult  but not impossible,  learn to say no, so as to resist that attitude of subservience as a means of being useful.    There is time, 9-10 eps.  Should they get back together at the end,  can I hope her change is permanent?  JM would be so proud. 

I so loved this week's episodes, but I can't help wishing we were getting even less of Blondie and his henchmen. I get tired of his jerkwad act reaaaally quick. I understand that he needs to be there to act as a catalyst for Dong Man's return to the ring, but still...I think they've more than established that at this point. I'd definitely prefer a scene of the four friends drinking on the rooftop together over more of Blondie flirting badly in a club with some random girl. Ugh. 

On a happier note, I think my favorite thing about these episodes is the feeling I got from them that Dong Man is beginning to realize that he actually does like Ae Ra. One of the things about DongMan's character that hasn't played into the love storyline as much yet is how competitive he is - we know he must be, if he was practically an Olympian, so how about using that competitive instinct to wipe Moo Bin off the map!!??!!

Spoiler

As a side note...I have to admit I'm hoping the PD for this show takes notes on the kissing scenes we just got in this week's episodes of Suspicious Partner, because WOW. Just WOW. We need those kind of fireworks from our Ssamantic Couple when they finally get together!!!

Archived