* Episodes: ?

* Genre: Music, Drama

* Viewership ratings: ?

* Broadcast network: Fuji TV

* Broadcast period: 2006-Oct-16 to 2006-Dec

* Air time: Monday 21:00

* Theme song: ?

Synopsis

Based on the hit comic book by Tomoko Ninomiya, this is a fun-filled quirky romantic story of 2 very opposite people.

Megumi Noda, or “Nodame” is a piano student at Momogaoka College of Music. An extremely talented pianist who wants to be a kindergarten teacher, she prefers playing by ear rather than reading the music score. She is messy and disorganized, takes baths several days apart and loves to eat, sometimes stealing her friend’s lunchbox when it is filled with delicacies.

Shinichi Chiaki, is Momogaoka’s top student. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. An arrogant multi-lingual perfectionist who once lived abroad in the music capitals of the world as a young boy, he feels mired in Japan because of a childhood phobia.

They meet by accident. Nodame quickly falls in love, but it takes much longer for Chiaki to even begin to appreciate Nodame’s unusual qualities. Their relationship causes them both to develop and grow. Because of Nodame, Chiaki transfers into the Conductor Division, leads a student orchestra and begins to have a broader appreciation of people's musical abilities. Because of Chiaki, Nodame faces her fears and enters a piano competition. Opportunities open up as both begin taking risks, stretching themselves far more than they ever thought possible.

Cast

* Ueno Juri as Noda Megumi aka Nodame

* Tamaki Hiroshi as Chiaki Shinichi

* Eita as Mine Ryutaro

* Mizukawa Asami as Miki Kiyora

* Koide Keisuke as Okuyama Masumi

* Uehara Misa as Tagaya Saiko

* Endo Yuuya as Ookouchi Mamoru

* Saeko as Saku Sakura

* Ibu Masato as Mine Ryuken

* Hatano Hiroko as Kawano Keeko

* Toyohara Kosuke as Eto Kozo

* Nishimura Masahiko as Tanioka Hajime

* Takenaka Naoto as Franz ken (?) Strezemann

SOURCE : のだめカンタービレ

のだめカンタービレ

のだめカンタービレ

のだめカンタービレ

のだめカンタービレ

のだめカンタービレ

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazyMuka

This is my most anticipated drama for the fall season, this and Just one Love :D. I've been following the manga books from DelRey and thoroughly enjoying every single volume out so far. The comedy is kind of low-key, but it is there, and it works effectively to bring out the relaxed nature of the book. I grabbed the manga book one day when I was bored, but it had turned out to be way better than I had expected. I heard that Nodame Cantabile is quite popular in Japan (okie, maybe not extremely popular like Death Note and that sort, but I believe its popularity is on par with Honey and Clover which is quite famous lately). It's just kind of sad that not many people know of this manga, and thus, this thread is left cold with no comments even after many days.

Anyways, I found some interview and CM on YouTube and I thought I'd post some of them here:

CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9cPRr3E_k

Short interview & some cut scenes from the drama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Duw2kPWiyc

Okay, after watching the CM, I was like WTH... o.0; I understand that Nodame in the manga is an air-head, clumsy, silly girl who bothers Chiaki, her love, repeatedly but showing him hitting her is just so... disturbing, lols. I noticed in the manga he did hit her a lot, but it never bothered me that much because I never interpreted his hitting as something abusive like the one shown in the CM, lol. Still, I love the cast, I think it's going to be interesting, though I won't keep my expectation high because manga turned live-action tends to not do very well, but what the heck, I enjoy manga and drama all the same, so yeah XD.

Guest shinhaku

hmmm, after knowing it will be made into LA, though i never really read the manga b4 (i read a chapter b4 but wasnt the 1st chapterng) , i read the manga from vol 1. I found it rather interesting. Nodame character is very much alike the female lead (forgot her name) in Keizoku, a very old detective drama series.

But i agree that the part where Chiaki hits her is quite disturbing. What kind of guy would actually hit a girl like that ?!?!

Guest asianrice

I'm dying for this drama to start! It's the one I've been waiting to see most this season. Awesome cast and there's already a group planning to sub it.

Guest wandaaaa

I'm dying for this drama to start! It's the one I've been waiting to see most this season. Awesome cast and there's already a group planning to sub it.

really? wow that's good news! i anticipate so much for this drama :) ...i think eita is really perfect for playing mine's character!

Guest asianrice

really? wow that's good news! i anticipate so much for this drama :) ...i think eita is really perfect for playing mine's character!

Yep! It says in fansub map at d-addicts that siantut will be hardsubbing the drama(here). And I have a feeling, that once it starts, someone else will pop out to make soft subs as well.

I know this story this story about this girl has dream become pianist and they has show her life... I did read this comics coz they has book... maybe u can check it out in all store book comics in kinokuniya :lol:

Guest luckysmile20

I love Nodame!! and Chiaki!!! that crazy girl and guy.. lol..

Its october now!! Its gonna be aired soon!! yay! and I think its going to be a popular series... and yay there's a subber for this series already!

Can't wait to watch it!!!

I hope it will be as good as its manga which has all the craziness and full of laughs... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crazyMuka

Here's the press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKaCIKlT540

I must say, the hairs of the other 3 characters are outrageous o.0; Except for Masumi's hair which reflects the one in the manga, Mine's and Stresemann's are horrible, eww... That huge wig of a hair on Eita somehow ruins the image of Mine for me -____-; and wth were they thinking giving Stresemann character long blonde hair. Those aside, I'm very happy that the cast seems to get along well, and since this is one of my favs, I can't wait to see it. 6 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

Guest crazyMuka

New pics are up on the official website, this makes me even more excited XD

1yo9.jpg

They all look so classy in their black attires. I have always have a 'thing' for people who play instruments and concerts in general.

2jp4.jpg

LOLs... Poor Nodame XD

Guest run_lola_run

OMG... I love Tamaki Hiroshi's new hair!!! He's sooooo beautiful. Heck, I'll watch this even without the subtitles. I just want to watch it already.

Guest asianrice

Omo, the first episode was INSANELY hilarious (especially the cleaning part). I'm in love, I'm in love. Can hardly wait for the 2nd episode to air~. It's already my favorite show of this season.

Guest dr jung

Tamaki is sooooooo hot!........ Juri-chan is so cute! hehe..

I loved the 1st episode. I loved everything about it (:

I wish I could read the manga~

Guest crazyMuka

I loved the first episode too XD, and this drama follows the manga almost page by page, which is just awesome. Nodame played by Ueno is just exactly how I imagined Nodame would be. I watched it the first time raw and didn't enjoy it as much, but a second viewing with the subs changed my view on the drama totally. It is one of my favs this season, along with 14-yr-old mother. I can't wait to see the next ep, too bad I think this drama only has 9 eps T____T;

I absolutely love this show. It cracks me up so badly throught the show that I can not help but come to tears once or twice. I didn't find chiaki hitting nodame to be disturbing. I feel that that is what make it soo strange but hilarous at the same time. I am not saying that it is fine for him to be so abusive but his and nodame's weird personality is what giving this show a unique flavor. I especially love those scenes where he just clean her house and wash her hair. They are just too funny together. Can't wait to laugh some more when 2nd eps airs.

Archived