[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Ok, Deokhwa's character make me more interested for the next ep than the evil eunuch.

Only Me? Like I can't wait to find out if he's human or not and if he isn't human, what he is? He's good or bad, most probably good but there is gonna be a groundbreaking relevation into him being the bad guy (and in a way a other i would like this too).

Also is the evil eunuch the second missing soul? Probably yes.

hahaha

C1eCJaqUAAQe5wC.jpg

• Like 22

16 minutes ago, staygold said:

And he appeared to have learned the ways of the new world... I thought he extended his hand for a hand shake!!! Did it seem like that to you? 

When they showed the white robe I was cheering thinking the old King (one before WY) had come to help out the couples! Wasn't expecting this twist! Also can we give a hug to chairman's secretary! The doubts we had!!! :sweatingbullets:

I thought he wanted to touch ET... He did the hand thing really slow and then he licked his lips. It was really menacing.

Now I am convinced they cast that specific actor for the secretary as a red herring.. so we would be busy thinking Secretary Kim is the reincarnation of evil Eunuch while KES has this bombshell to be dropped. He's a 900-yr old ghost! I'd say, well done! *insert applause gif*

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, blademan said:

Can GR at least kiss Sunny before erasing her memories???

No omg that means she will forget that too but he will remember omg I honestly am not ready for tomorrow I am still in shock because of this episode omg they looked so so so sad in the preview omg how will she regain her memories ahhhh i richard simmons hate amnesia

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

I just realized...the Grim Reaper said before that there are two missing souls..

One is Eun Tak...and the other one is the evil adviser? Or is the other missing soul still alive? Or did I missed this one?

ET and her mother. But now left one i think.

• Like 4

Woah.... Am I the only one here who was actually holding her breath when that evil eunuch came?? That was so d*mn freaky!!! 

DH is really a GOD! No wonder he's so impolite with everybody. Hahaha

Thanks for recapping everybody!! I don't have patience for lagging streams, I might end up buying another phone to replace the one which will be thrown. LOL

Edited by crazyoverkdrama
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, bakegyamon said:

If eunuch is evil, isnt it easy for Goblin to kill him?

Yes absolutely..even human can die by his sword. All ghosts in town are having chaos everytime Goblin comes around them :vicx:

Add :  WILL THE EUNUCH GHOST MEETS GR? WAAAAH THEN HE CAN CONFRONT HIM WITH GB TO MAKE ANOTHER CONFLICT 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

I just realized...the Grim Reaper said before that there are two missing souls..

One is Eun Tak...and the other one is the evil adviser? Or is the other missing soul still alive? Or did I missed this one?

That could be possible. But I thought the missing souls were souls missed by the GR after he receives the cards. The Eunuch would have died may be a day after the king died. Unless the heavenly bureaucracy works really fast I dont see eunuch being GR's missing soul number 2. :w00t:

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, SunnySun26 said:

Ok, Deokhwa's character make me more interested in the next ep than the evil eunuch.

Only Me? Like I can't wait to find out if he's human or not and if he isn't human, what he is? He's good or bad, most probably good but there is gonna be a groundbreaking relevation into him being the bad guy (and in a way a other i would like this too).

Also is the evil eunuch the second missing soul? Probably yes.

I would love to find out more about Deok Hwa as well. It's just the eunuch was a shocker. 

Has Deok Hwa been waiting all this time for the evil eunuch to appear? 

Could he be....

Yan is not only the ruler but also the judge of the underworld and passes judgment on all the dead. He always appears in a male form, and his minions include a judge who holds in his hands a brush and a book listing every soul and the allotted death date for every life. Ox-Head and Horse-Face, the fearsome guardians of hell, bring the newly dead, one by one, before Yan for judgement. Men or women with merit will be rewarded good future lives or even revival in their previous life. Men or women who committed misdeeds will be sentenced to torture or miserable future lives. In some versions, Yan divides Diyu into eight, ten, or eighteen courts each ruled by a Yan King, such as King Chujiang, who rules the court reserved for thieves and murderers.

The spirits of the dead, on being judged by Yan, are supposed to either pass through a term of enjoyment in a region midway between the earth and the heaven of the gods or to undergo their measure of punishment in the nether world. Neither location is permanent and after a time, they return to Earth in new bodies.

In Korea, Yan is known as Yeomna (염라) and Great King Yeomna (염라대왕, Yŏmna Daewang).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama_(East_Asia)#Yama_in_Chinese.2C_Korean.2C_and_Japanese_mythology

Found something interesting to read and it mentions dokkaebi and jeoseong saja too. 

7. Jeoseung Saja 

Jeoseung saja are the Korean angels of death. Dressed all in black with extremely pale skin and a black gat (a hat popular with noblemen during the Kingdom of Joseon), the jeoseung saja are only seen by those close to death. Because of this, the jeoseung saja linger around hospitals, accident-heavy areas, or towns ravaged by plagues. Although they appear fearsome, the jeoseung saja are actually nothing but the servants of the Great King Yeomna, the Korean lord of the underworld. Once in the underworld, the souls brought low by the jeoseung saja are judged by King Yeomna, who either allows them to pass through a term of bliss in a halfway realm between heaven and earth or sentences them to punishment in a dark netherworld. 

http://literarytrebuchet.blogspot.com/2016/06/10-monstrosities-from-korean-folklore.html

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, bakegyamon said:

If eunuch is evil, isnt it easy for Goblin to kill him?

1 minute ago, kiranzz said:

Yes absolutely..even human can die by his sword. All ghosts in town are having chaos everytime Goblin comes around them :vicx:

From the preview it looks to me evil eunuch is laying on the ground after kim shin killed him with his sword. 

• Like 9

I have one thought..the reason why it needs 900 years for Goblin to meet his Bride maybe because Evil Ghost killed the (many) previous brides before ET so that KS will keep living his punishment. Evil ghost is cunning and smart and he's hiding all this time so that no GR could find him. 

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

I thought he wanted to touch ET... He did the hand thing really slow and then he licked his lips. It was really menacing.

Ewww... yes... That was so in contrast with the whole feel of this drama that it was very clever!! Repulsive!! The licking of the lips!! Adding lip gloss over the matte lipstick!! 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, gutibear said:

I have one thought..the reason why it needs 900 years for Goblin to meet his Bride maybe because Evil Ghost killed the (many) previous brides before ET so that KS will keep living his punishment. Evil ghost is cunning and smart and he's hiding all this time so that no GR could find him. 

Interesting theory! 

But this would also mean that somehow Dokkaebi's brides were born and killed by this evil eunuch. And Samshin halmoni has no idea about this? Hmmm... I would love to see more of her onscreen as she has provided some explanations about what is happening so far. 

• Like 17