[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

Thank you for the recaps!

I have a theory:

It is possible that HY is stronger than HB in terms of powers. If HB is water and HY is fire, they are opposites. And HY will be a God of his own league since fire is not part of the Realm of Gods. 

Omo..love rivalry plus amusement park?! :wub:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Awww. So SA did sell the land.

HY is too mysterious to ignore. If that caterpillar burned..he for sure is some kind of God. But caterpillar are part of nature, and if he is an agricultural God as we suspect, why would the caterpillar burn..

aww she did? thats sad, so that means they have to find a new place to live soon? It seems that HB is getting more and more jealous and SA is also getting more and more conscious of HB and his feelings.

The fact that they capture the minor gods, HB has not gotten back his powers yet right? I believe so?

And HY seems to be a fire god if the fact that the caterpillar burn. Oh love triangle about the intensify this is getting interesting! Definitely need subs for this episode, did not quite understand what was going on. Seems some important things are being shared.

thank you to all those who recapped and did the screencaps as well!

EDIT:

it seems from the preview that may BR knew that HY is a god as well? A bit fast pace the preview, but it seems that there will be a rivalry between HY and HB, not just in terms of love maybe in terms of powers as well. And if like we speculate HY is fire than HB is going to be a stronger god (well with his powers of course) Oh something is really going to happen. So for sure HY is a god, no mistake.

I still need to watch entire subtitle before making the judgement. However, this is already at 7th episode and I hope SA will show more teeth power among those mighty gods. Somehow I perceive her as always confuse and indecisive. Please convince me otherwise if you think the opposite.

Well weeelll...I will be the same and cannot think clearly if I am under the same roof with a hottie like Habaek but my sympathy for her is almost running out :bawling: I need character development ASAP :bawling:

and as always: thanks for the live recap! <3

9 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

aww she did? thats sad, so that means they have to find a new place to live soon?

She sold the land, not her house. The land was supposedly the gate to the realms of gods. I don't know what the impact is, maybe it's in the sub.

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

She sold the land, not her house. The land was supposedly the gate to the realms of gods. I don't know what the impact is, maybe it's in the sub.

hmmm but if so, and she sold it to the Shim company or at least to HY, then HY has control over that gateway now doesnt he?

Hmmm, yeah definitely need the subs to get a clearly picture what is going on.

3 minutes ago, happypuppy said:

I still need to watch entire subtitle before making the judgement. However, this is already at 7th episode and I hope SA will show more teeth power among those mighty gods. Somehow I perceive her as always confuse and indecisive. Please convince me otherwise if you think the opposite.

Well weeelll...I will be the same and cannot think clearly if I am under the same roof with a hottie like Habaek but my sympathy for her is almost running out :bawling: I need character development ASAP :bawling:

I agree with you, I hope SA would soon rise up (i am not sure how much she can against the gods) but I am getting a little irritating that she gets tossed around and she is always confuse and unclear of what to do. let's see how this turns around.

I am hoping for the romance to finally start growing between HB and SA.

@alekaonu Cougar! *hugs* yes I am here too :D and I am enjoying this show very much. I like a good fantasy storytelling and this drama hits it well for me :wink::D plus..I love the story between HB and SA :wub:

4 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

aww she did? thats sad, so that means they have to find a new place to live soon? It seems that HB is getting more and more jealous and SA is also getting more and more conscious of HB and his feelings.

And HY seems to be a fire god if the fact that te caterpillar burn. Oh love triangle about the intensifiy this is getting interesting! Definitely need subs for this episode, did not quite understand what was going on. Seems some important things are being shared.

thank you to all those who recapped and did the screencaps as well!

Hi chingu! (And my dongseng :) )

From recaps i understand that she did sell it and was pretty guilty about it afterwards. Seems like a lot of important words were exchanged so must wait for subs on that to fully digest everything. 

HY for sure is a God now, otherwise how can the caterpillar just burn. And HB can sense HY's powers..so I am going to assume that HY is a God of his own league, not directly connected to the Realm of Gods per say. If he is Fire, and the Realm consists of Earth, Sky and Water..then his element is not part of the realm but it does complete the elements. I think there is a reason to why HY is on human land, and as some of us speculated, did not choose to be adopted by the Shin family coincidentally. 

I also am starting to think..what if HY was there when Shim married the King..and this whole gentle care package given to her..is the wealth inherited by the Shins, which may need HY to be present in order to keep it? 

Tomorrow night episode will be full of tense and cute moments. Habaek finally found out that Hoo Ye is a God too and he's very surprised with Hoo Ye's power. Meanwhile both Habaek and Soo Ah already have feelings for each other. Amusement park date and scene of Soo Ah back hug Habaek..So sweet! :heart: What makes me curious is; does Habaek realize that he falls in love with a human? I remember he said to Soo Ah, "Don't fall for me, because if you do there is no cure. " There is no cure for you Habaek-nim. :lol:

I don't think Hoo Ye will give up that easily. He has feelings for Soo Ah and i guess he will be the one who will fight against Habaek so that Habaek can't be a King. I'm so excited! Can't wait for tomorrow!

@vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang  I think the land she sold off is where the gate for the gods is, not the place she's living in with Habaek and Namsuri. That's really serious. By selling of that land, there will be serious consequences for the gods, especially Habaek who is supposed to come back to be the emperor of all realms. I think that's why So Ah was telling herself that selling off the land is okay despite Habaek telling her not to. She failed though because she couldn't even sleep all night thinking about the issue.

I hope eng subs come out fast so that I can understand the conversations they had in this episode and can clear some assumptions that I'm having. 

They finally talked more about Joo Dong. I really wonder where he went. Did he go to another realm? Is his blood on the stone that Habaek found? Or is it even blood in the first place?

That blind girl Hooye was helping...is she the same blind girl in the very beginning of episode 1? Who is she and what role is she playing in this whole plot?

The caterpillar and the grass around it burned on its own. It's obviously Hooye's doing. But who is Hooye? What kind of god is he? Obviously, he cares about nature and humans. But he seems to have a sinister side to him? If he is also a god, no matter minor or a major one, surely he knows who Biryum, Moora and Habaek is. Surely he knows the value and meaning of the land that So Ah sold. What is his intention? Why does he want to obtain all those? Is because of greed? Habaek seems to know him. What is his past and his relationships with them like?

That rich granddaughter...has more to this story than we initally thought. In the preview, you can see that Hooye was hugging her, something that he would never do. Then why was he doing that? How important is or will the granddaughter be in this whole plot?

So many questions...some will be answered when the subtitles are ready. But some we'll get to know in the future episodes:o 

9 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Tomorrow night episode will be full of tense and cute moments :heart: Habaek finally found out that Hoo Ye is a God too and he's very surprised with Hoo Ye's power. Both Habaek and Soo Ah have feelings for each other. And scene of Soo Ah back hug Habaek..So sweet! And I don't think Hoo Ye will give up that easily. He has feelings for Soo Ah and i guess he will be the one who will block Habaek so that he can't be a King.  I'm so excited Can't wait for tomorrow!

SA back hug HB... HY back hug SA... When will we see HB back hug SA?? :D

Edit: ooops, it was SJY that HY back hug... sorry my mistake... it happened too fast, and I was wondering too, what shocking progress that was between HY and SA.

Just now, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I need eng sub for preview to at least guess why he's upset.

Yes, he was so upset and I dont even know what they are talking about - now I am upset xd He clearly has tears in his eyes and thats why I am more interested in what they are saying so is there any good soul to translate it? :)

14 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@alekaonu Cougar! *hugs* yes I am here too :D and I am enjoying this show very much. I like a good fantasy storytelling and this drama hits it well for me :wink::D plus..I love the story between HB and SA :wub:

Hi chingu! (And my dongseng :) )

From recaps i understand that she did sell it and was pretty guilty about it afterwards. Seems like a lot of important words were exchanged so must wait for subs on that to fully digest everything. 

HY for sure is a God now, otherwise how can the caterpillar just burn. And HB can sense HY's powers..so I am going to assume that HY is a God of his own league, not directly connected to the Realm of Gods per say. If he is Fire, and the Realm consists of Earth, Sky and Water..then his element is not part of the realm but it does complete the elements. I think there is a reason to why HY is on human land, and as some of us speculated, did not choose to be adopted by the Shin family coincidentally. 

I also am starting to think..what if HY was there when Shim married the King..and this whole gentle care package given to her..is the wealth inherited by the Shins, which may need HY to be present in order to keep it? 

Hello unnie!

If lets say his power is fire then he does not belong under the leadership of HB anyways. So he can do whatever he wants I guess. And if so, why is he on Earth and connected to the Shim family. that well i guess we wont know the answers yet huh.

but if HY is not part of the realm would he been there during all these history?
it does seem from the preview that HB is quite surprise at maybe the extent of HY's powers.

11 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Tomorrow night episode will be full of tense and cute moments :heart: Habaek finally found out that Hoo Ye is a God too and he's very surprised with Hoo Ye's power. Both Habaek and Soo Ah have feelings for each other. And scene of Soo Ah back hug Habaek..So sweet! And I don't think Hoo Ye will give up that easily. He has feelings for Soo Ah and i guess he will be the one who will block Habaek so that he can't be a King.  I'm so excited Can't wait for tomorrow!

hmmm doesnt seem that the love triangle will let up. But just one question, what has made HY fall in love with SA? maybe i need subs to figure this part out as well.

6 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

@vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang  I think the land she sold off is where the gate for the gods is, not the place she's living in with Habaek and Namsuri. That's really serious. By selling of that land, there will be serious consequences for the gods, especially Habaek who is supposed to come back to be the emperor of all realms. I think that's why So Ah was telling herself that selling off the land is okay despite Habaek telling her not to. She failed though because she couldn't even sleep all night thinking about the issue.

I hope eng subs come out fast so that I can understand the conversations they had in this episode and can clear some assumptions that I'm having. 

They finally talked more about Joo Dong. I really wonder where he went. Did he go to another realm? Is his blood on the stone that Habaek found? Or is it even blood in the first place?

That blind girl Hooye was helping...is she the same blind girl in the very beginning of episode 1? Who is she and what role is she playing in this whole plot?

The caterpillar and the grass around it burned on its own. It's obviously Hooye's doing. But who is Hooye? What kind of god is he? Obviously, he cares about nature and humans. But he seems to have a sinister side to him? If he is also a god, no matter minor or a major one, surely he knows who Biryum, Moora and Habaek is. Surely he knows the value and meaning of the land that So Ah sold. What is his intention? Why does he want to obtain all those? Is because of greed? Habaek seems to know him. What is his past and his relationships with them like?

That rich granddaughter...has more to this story than we initally thought. In the preview, you can see that Hooye was hugging her, something that he would never do. Then why was he doing that? How important is or will the granddaughter be in this whole plot?

So many questions...some will be answered when the subtitles are ready. But some we'll get to know in the future episodes:o 

I am guessing something must have happen to JD, though i am not sure what.

If i heard properly, Mura said that the blood was human but something about how human blood should not be able to be on the land or last on this set of land since it is the getaway to the god realm. if what I heard is correct then that means that it is a god's blood or at least i think so?

I definitely agree that he seems to have a sinister side to all this, as to what role is he about to play its unsure. I mean he must be arguing the land for a reason true it is at the direction of the grandfather but still. And yes, finally we need to know what is JY all about. I am still confuse as to what is her role in this show. Clearly, there is something. HY being adopted into the Shim family and even HY approaching to get the land from SA, it must all be towards something, just what is it.

and it does seem that HY and HB know each other, or at least recognise each other.

Did I just see HY hug that annoying cousin of his..Joo Ya..is that her name? :blink: what in the world??

8 minutes ago, happypuppy said:

In some way, I agree with you. We are shown parts when she knows what she wants to do, and does it though. I am also wondering what can she possibly do to show more teeth power to these Gods who think they can godhandle her (like BR). Isn't being confused and indecisive part of being human? So it is natural for her react like that. But..i am really hoping her character picks up soon..because I would like her to have an advantage over the Gods..so someone like BR doesn't have to use her towards HB. I root for her attraction to HB..and his to her..but I need to root for her..individually as well. Hence, I have yet to see this part from her. Again, this is just my thoughts without the English subs :D

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yup. She sold the land. She is no longer owner of the land. But that doesn't mean she is not a servant anymore too right? Because that's a lifetime commitment. I think HY having the land will mean he now controls part of the Realm. 

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Did I just see HY hug that annoying cousin of his..Joo Ya..is that her name? :blink: what in the world??

In some way, I agree with you. We are shown parts when she knows what she wants to do, and does it though. I am also wondering what can she possibly do to show more teeth power to these Gods who think they can godhandle her (like BR). Isn't being confused and indecisive part of being human? So it is natural for her react like that. But..i am really hoping her character picks up soon..because I would like her to have an advantage over the Gods..so someone like BR doesn't have to use her towards HB. I root for her attraction to HB..and his to her..but I need to root for her..individually as well. Hence, I have yet to see this part from her. Again, this is just my thoughts without the English subs :D

Yup. She sold the land. She is no longer owner of the land. But that doesn't mean she is not a servant anymore too right? Because that's a lifetime commitment. I think HY having the land will mean he now controls part of the Realm. 

1)Yes, he can be indecisive because she is simply human being. If I were her I would be the same. Its no joke to fight with Gods.

2) Maybe Ho Ye wants to control whole Realm thats why he bought this land - he probably knows that its God's Gate. Maybe he is greedy and thats why. 

Archived