[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2017 at 1:42 PM, saanjh sena said:

Kang ha neul -mandatory military enlistment        now what about his cameo :cry:

Kang Ha Neul was born in 1990. Isnt it too early for him for the military enlistment? I thought they are calling for those born in 1988??

12 minutes ago, junejungki said:

Kang Ha Neul born in 1990. Isnt it too early for him for the military enlistment? I thought they are calling for those born in 1988??

KHN's age rn is 28th (kor age), Just take for example the case of yoo seungho, he enlisted really early when he was 20.

so i guess the enlistment is all depends on that person, whether they're ready or not. -_-

----

Filming

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

javabeans

• Bride of the Water God 2017: There are a lot of scenes and interactions I really enjoy in this show, mostly when Ha-baek is being deadpan or when So-ah flails, and I’ve had a number of laugh-out-loud moments. Where the show feels a little off, though, is that I think the overall flow needs work—the scenes may be entertaining as standalones, but I feel like they’re sort of stacked next to each other like sequential vignettes, and I want to feel more like we’re heading in a direction with a clear building of energy and tension.

girlfriday

• Bride of the Water God 2017: I’m not getting epic godly vibes from Gong Myung or Krystal, so whenever they’re whining like two bratty children around Ha-baek, I have a hard time focusing on the mythology, which is a shame. At least the lead couple is growing on me. They’re not deep either, but I like the pairing in a light, rom-comy way.

cr: http://www.dramabeansn...re-watching-61/

Re  dramabeans comment of "Krystal and GongMyung not giving a godly vibe" and "whining like two bratty children around Habaek". In a way I agree but mostly I don't.    

They are gods.  They  can control different elements.   They are beauties to behold,  It  takes eons and eons to age.     Powerless humans and other minor deities/demi-gods are puny and well beneath  them.    So they are prideful and haughty and all "spoiled brats" so to speak, never needing to lift a finger to be who they are. 

If HB hadn't lost his powers, he would have continued to be prideful without regard for anyone.  He wouldn't have had to rely on  SA,  nor learned empathy, love, pain, sacrifice, work, and human nature.   It may have been intentional on the part of the high priest or whoever it is who did this,  because he  would need  more than control,  power,  pride,  to be a wise emperor-god. 

Biryum is written as naughty and causes trouble.   MR is written as a jealous goddess who likes HB.  They are both rich, selfish  and spoiled in our world as well.   They skirted around HB due to what happened to the stones, because they were guardians who were careless.  I may be wrong but HB feels to me like their senior , who is an emperor-candidate who they should respect,  but without power, the dynamic changed.    It should be noted that the two do know about a human, maybe Shim Chung and her betrayal, hence they do not mingle with humans except as necessary nuisances or toys whose feelings they ignore. 

On 7/23/2017 at 0:05 PM, hazeljrr_c922 said:

"Krystal and GongMyung not giving a godly vibe" and "whining like two bratty children around Habaek". In a way I agree but mostly I don't.    

They are gods.  

i think just like HB they became humanized. they have been here much more than HB and i think they have 'achieved' human quality. it is not unheard of that we give our gods human feelings and characters, and i remember that when asked how is it over there, if it is not the same, HB always say -  it is not exactly the same, so similar but not 'fake'. i think it is played here a lot the similarity of gods and humans in this show.

On 7/23/2017 at 9:07 AM, stargazer187 said:

I like this pairing: Ms. decendant and her water ghost

i like that it gives a vibe of both not really human and not really gods.

On 7/23/2017 at 8:32 AM, ilwoo_aein said:

Soo Ah learning how to cook 

WOW her skills with the knife in the BTS is no joke, HB should be really careful around her, even if he cant die, i bet it can hurt a lot. seriously jealous of how she can handle a knife (in cooking only , of course) 

Archived