[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

21 minutes ago, baduy said:

Ah right, got it now. It's actually in the last episode but one (77).

What she says is 병보석으로 나갈 소 이게 빨리 처리해  "Fix things fast so I can get out of here on sick bail." 

But I thought she'd turned herself in, co-operated with the prosecutors, plea-bargained a reduced sentence which she received, and is now serving her time? Or did I dream that after falling asleep in one of the Silly Parts?

If she really is serving her time, rather than being held in custody pending trial, any sort of 보석, on sickness (병) or any other grounds, is out of the question. 보석, bail, applies only to the period between initial arrest or indictment before a court of first instance and full trial, or during the trial itself, and occasionally also between having been found guilty and the court reachng its final decision as to what the sentence should be, after hearing psychiatric reports etc.). No-one in Korea or elsewhere, can get "bail" after they've been sentenced, on whatever grounds, because you can't be bailed once sentence has been passed because that's meaningless.

But if I'm wrong about her present situation and she really is awaiting trial, then sick bail actually is a possibility if they hand over enough white envelopes to lawyers and medics...  But sick medical leave it ain't. The most usual grounds for a judge granting sick bail is when the accused is provably too ill to become a fugitive or be likely to commit some other offense (the assumption being that the accused was being held in custody prior to or during trial because there was present danger of of flight or further criminal activity).

Sorry, my mind was still on 78, not having watched the subbed episode 79.

In an earlier episode, MH was asking her father if her mother's appeal was going well. So she must be serving her sentence for her to appeal.

The writer must have got it all mixed up. Getting out of prison to get medical treatment should be the decision of the prison head, if he or she decides the prison facility is not available or is inadequate. The family has very little say in that, at least in the countries I have lived in.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, maribella said:

In an earlier episode, MH was asking her father if her mother's appeal was going well. So she must be serving her sentence for her to appeal.

Good point, I missed that. But again, if she pleaded guilty she can't appeal. I supppose she could conceivably  be appealling against the severity of her sentence, but if she plea-bargained to get that sentence in the first place, that wouldn't wash either.

And there was I thinking this writer was a bit better clued-up than most daily drama authors when, some time back, HJ explained that it's virtually impossible to patent a recipe (which is quite true, though the recipe-inventing geniuses who furnish so many Kdrama lead characters are always claiming either that they did so, or that somebody else stole their recipe and patented it before they did) Instead, she explained, she had patented the manufacturing techniques involved in processing the pineapples (or whatever) that were the key to her great innovation. Which, though a bit implausible (she's a cook, not an engineer) was at least not nonsensical.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

How many other people do kidnapping jobs to get medical treatment for their children?

In the strange world of Korean drama, movies and novels, an astonishing number of villains are said to have turned to criminality of various sorts because they needed cash to pay the medical bills for their sick children / grandchildren / wife / sibling / parent / grandparent / parrot -- well maybe not not parrot, but there's always a first time.

This partly reflects a society in which, within living memory, healthcare for serious illnesses was unaffordable for the vast majority of the population, even when it was available at all. But it also seems to be connected with a deep-rooted reluctance in Korean culture to entertain the notion of radical evil, an insistence that if people knowingly do evil, it must be because of some basically or intrinsically "good" motive, such as saving a family member from suffering or death.

Anyone who fancies a bit of serious (though not unduly heavy) reading on this topic might look at C. Fred Alford, Think No Evil, Korean Values in the Age of Globalization, Cornell 1999. Not that I'd suggest buying it, assuming it's still in print, but any decent city library should be able to get hold of a copy on inter-library loan, even if it isn't in their normal collection.

JW is finally realizing he has lost completely to DY - and he is mumbling that he don't want to fight with someone in a coma.  Based on his statement, I am guessing the next 20  episodes would be used to a battle between the 2 men for HJ, downfall of MH and Myungha Foundation by exposing all their crimes, and of course, would include courtroom scenes.   GO's reunion with his parents would probably be put in storage for a while.

The preview also showed a worried Big Nam - seems like he hasn't told  DY he helped on the recipe leak.  Since DY is unaware of the audio file, that means he is not aware that the cause of his accident is Little Nam - and this may be the reason Big Nam is getting worried.

Housekeeper Ahn is looking at a sleeping DY - is she planning on something?  When is MH's evil acts going to end?

I felt so sorry for GO when he said - "I am always good at waiting all by myself'.  Poor child - please writer-nim - give him back to his parents.

I feel bad for Mdm. Kim  - looks like he won't be able to take a 'medical leave' as a prisoner!!!:o

In the case of a person suffering from a serious illness (Hepatitis C, AIDS, terminal cancer, or severe mental illness ...) who is being prosecuted or has already obtained a final sentence (deprivation of liberty), he / she  is not entitled to Full freedom, the only benefit they can receive is parole or house arrest.

In my country there are several internationally known cases of political prisoners with proven serious illnesses that even after years of jail continue in jail, because the benefit has been denied them by the courts, since their grant is at the discretion of the judges in charge And of political pressures of the high government.

1 hour ago, viyra said:

I felt so sorry for GO when he said - "I am always good at waiting all by myself'. 

He didn't say that actually. I assume that's what subbers thought he said. In fact, he told Jang that since his son was very sick, he ought to go to the States right away, then he added 나 혼자 잘 기다리니까 다녀오세요  - "I'll be a good boy and wait till you get back, so off you go."  

It's important to get that line across as close to its original tone and content as possible. There's no "always" , no "all by myself" which both introduce a hint of self-pity or fishing for sympathy into the English which isn't there in the Korean. Nor is he making a statement about what he's generally "good at"  (that's not what 잘 means in this context) : in his innocent, if naive, way he's giving Jang a firm assurance that in these specific circumstances he will be just fine if left on his own for a while (he could easily have been made to say the more factual 기다리 instead of the much more affirmative-emphatic-upbeat 기다리니까). By this response to the sick child's plight and his sympathy for a father's wish to be with his son, he unwittingly ups the pressure on Jang's conscience, bringing home to him that GO has no idea, either of how shabbily Jang and those who hired him are treating him or that he has anything better to "wait for" (the Korean verb is actually  half way beween English 'wait for" and "hope for")  than Jang's return. So Jang feels even guiltier and more disgusted with himself than he would have, had the boy been resentful, reproachful, or defiant.

3 hours ago, baduy said:

Good point, I missed that. But again, if she pleaded guilty she can't appeal. I supppose she could conceivably  be appealling against the severity of her sentence, but if she plea-bargained to get that sentence in the first place, that wouldn't wash either.

And there was I thinking this writer was a bit better clued-up than most daily drama authors when, some time back, HJ explained that it's virtually impossible to patent a recipe (which is quite true, though the recipe-inventing geniuses who furnish so many Kdrama lead characters are always claiming either that they did so, or that somebody else stole their recipe and patented it before they did) Instead, she explained, she had patented the manufacturing techniques involved in processing the pineapples (or whatever) that were the key to her great innovation. Which, though a bit implausible (she's a cook, not an engineer) was at least not nonsensical.

We must take into account that the legal vocabulary is extensive and complex I know that in Spanish and English there are equivalent legal terms in both languages, since everything concerning Justice in the West has its origin in Roman law, in fact It is very common to use Latin terms. I guess in Korea are based on Confucianism. So it is quite probable that many legal terms are lost or confused in the translation, besides this type of translation requires professionals trained in legal translations.

As for the "copyright" and "intellectual property" and "trademark" laws, it is quite likely that there is a great similarity to the laws in this respect basically because this directly affects international trade.

4 hours ago, baduy said:

If she really is serving her time, rather than being held in custody pending trial, any sort of 보석, on sickness (병) or any other grounds, is out of the question

This is what I've noticed after watching the drama 'Defendant'  a prisoner who is held pending trial wears a khaki coloured uniform while a prisoner who is serving a sentence wears the blue uniform. Well I think this applies to Korean prison. So that means Mdm Kim is serving her sentence. 

37 minutes ago, Morelia said:

since everything concerning Justice in the West has its origin in Roman law, in fact It is very common to use Latin terms. I guess in Korea are based on Confucianism.

I'm afraid that's not altogether so. There are indeed very strong links between Roman law and the many jurisdictions worldwide that draw more or less heavily on Napoleon's Code Civil of 1804 --  including South Korea, whose legislative patterns and practices are  in the distinctively Napoleonic tradition. That's because the earlier Confucian approach to law that had prevailed until the Japanese colonization then annexation of Korea was replaced at a stroke by laws devised by Japan in the nineteenth century, in deliberate and close imitation of the laws of the 19th Century German Empire, which in turn stemmed from the Napoleonic Code and so ultimately from Roman law. Many of these Japanese-dictated laws and legal principles on the Franco-German pattern  (many more than some Koreans like to admit) were carried over into the legal framework of Taehan Minguk.There are indeed a large number of Confucian strands surviving in the cultural attitudes that help shape general social and ethical values in modern Korea. But there are absolutely zero remnants of Confucianism  either in South Korea's Constitution or in its substantive legislation.

So Korean law, both in general spirit and detailed workings, has many similarities with the law of Continental European and South American countries. But it has major differences with the other major tradition of "Western" Law that began with the Germanic tribes and evolved in Medieval England and Wales into the Common Law of England, which in turn gave rise to the Common Law jurisdictions of the USA, Anglophone Canada, India, Israel, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.  In the spirit and practices of their legal systems, the latter group of countries have much more in common with each other, for all the enthic diversity of their populations,  than they do with the law of S. Korea -- which resembles much more closely the law of France or Germany or Brazil.

That's there are many legal matters that surface in Kdramas, especially those to do with criminal process, court procedures, divorce and marriage, adoption, inheritance, property ownership and accusations of defamation, which puzzle viewers in Common Law jurisdiction countries such as the USA, though they seem perfectly normal to viewers in continental Europe or South America.

Because the underlying concepts are so similar between Korean law and the law of other Code Civil based jurisdictions, no serious problems of translation should arise in specifically legal matters between Korean and the languages of those jurisdictions, provided reputable reference works are consulted by competent translators. This is especially so because in the Code Civil traditions every aspect of law is codified down to the smallest detail, so that with sufficient effort, the corresponding terms can always be exactly matched up.There are indeed also authoritative reference works that defiine preferred translations of Korean legal terminology into Common Law jurisdiction terms, but here the problems do indeed arise, not because the translations themselves are incorrect, but because the concepts and practices they refer to, the actual way the supposedly equivalent terms are empoyed in practice, can be significantly different.

All that said, the immediate issues in our drama have little to do with genuine problems of cross-cultural translation, and a lot to do with drama writers not doing their homework. Whether we use the word 보석  or "bail", we are referring to something that it makes no sense whatever to apply to someone who is serving a sentence (except in the marginal case of appeals for re-trial on the grounds of significant new evidence, which isn't relevant here)  "Parole", "remission", "early release" -- all of which have their own Korean equivalent, yes: but "bail" in the situation in this drama, definitely no.

The matter of patents is indeed shaped by international agreement and the need to be able to patent inventions in multiple countries. But on the specific point of so many Kdrama dailies referring to recipes being "patented", the core issue is that it is next to impossible, in any jurisdiction, for most recipes to meet the basic criteria for filing for patent. There are only so many ingredients that can be used, especially in the mass-market catering where Kdrama geniuses are said to make their culinary innovations, and only a very limited way of combining and cooking them. Given the requirement that anything to be patented must be demonstrably "non-obvious", patenting a recipe is an uphill, not to mention expensive struggle with little chance of success. I've posted a link in several other threads in the past to a page on the US Patent Office Site, which in effect answers the question "Can I patent a recipe?" with a plain "in principle, yes of course", only to continue, in effect "but in practice probably not."  In practice, recipes such as those for Coca Cola or KFC flavorings are protected not by patent, but by Trade Secrets legislation, which is in some ways the opposite of patenting. The latter requires full public disclosure of the patented technique, with the additional problem that the patent expires after a time, after which anyone can use the patent filing to reproduce the now out-of-patent item to their heart's content. But provided effective measures are taken to keep the secret secure (limiting the number of employees who need to know the full recipe and binding them by contracts that impose draconian penalities for disclosure) a recipe protected as a Trade Secret can be kept exclusive to its originators for many decades.

3 hours ago, Morelia said:

courts, since their grant is at the discretion of the judges in charge And of political pressures of the high government.

It is the same all world over. One Nazi   Hesse was kept in German prison until his death in his 80's.

Political and public pressures are always part of the 'sentence' for public figures, or unknown prisoners but associated with known names e.g. Guantanamo.  

Not that I am passing judgement, right or wrong. 

In the case of Jang, he is a  father with a sick only child, he will most likely get less prison time than a man with healthy children. Somehow I think he is going to HJ ( whom he found out to be chief director) with the child and get his money before going to the US - all in private negotiations. 

Thank you for the reference @baduy   but my engineering brain can absorb only one literary piece at a time. Still trying to digest Madame Bovary that I started decades ago.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

While I usually agree with your translations and analyses; in this case, I disagree slightly with your translation and subsequent analysis. GO's words translated literally says "I by myself can wait well, so go and return."

The sub that I saw translated this as "I'm good at waiting by myself, so you should go." which I thought was an acceptable translation of his words and intent. 

While GO doesn't use an actual word that means "always", 혼자 is alone or by himself, and there is an implication there, that he has waited by himself before in his words. So, I'm with @viyra in saying that GO is a poor child, and I also want to see him back with his parents. At this point, GO doesn't even know that he has parents, much less parents who are desperately searching for him and love him. 

We obviously aren't going to agree on this one. 

1. There is no "can" in what he says. 기다리니까  is a confident, even assertive prediction of what he will do in this case. It isn't a claim based on on past experience of what he can do because he's "good at" it: that would be  잘 기다릴 수 이니까 .  He could have said that, in which case I'd accept the sub, but he doesn't.

2. Although 잘 indeed frequently carries the sense of being "good at" doing something when it qualifies actions, particularly those requiring some degree of skill, when it's used to qualify the behavior of children, especially when those children are being admonished or questioned by adults about their recent conduct, or when children are telling adults how they have behaved or will behave, it connotes obedient conformance to adult expectations of a "good" child, as in the formulaic question of a mother to a child she's collecting after leaving it in the care of another adult or an older sibling: "잘 놀았 니?"  Fansubbers tend to translate this commonly-heard inquiry as "Have you played well?", but what a native English speaking parent asks in the parallel situation is more likely to be  "Have you been a good boy/girl?"  GO is promising he won't do anything naughty (such as phoning Ajumma) if Jang wants to go leave him in Korea while he goes back briefly to the States and he's assuring him (naively of course, but bravely all the same) that he could manage for a while on his own.

3. Although Kpop lyrics can produce the impression that 혼자 invariably has negative connotations of loneliness or being "all by oneself" that isn't always so. Young male learners of Korean need to be warned that if that pretty 알바학생 serving in a little restaurant he ventures into asks whether he is 혼자 it doesn't mean she's asking would he like some company. GO is here saying no more than that he (thinks) he's capable of coping without Jang for a few days, if Jang is hesitating to go see his son just because he's anxious on that score.

Summing up: the reason I can't accept the subber's translation is that it seems to me to miss the distinctive pathos of what the boy actually does say with all that it shows about his generosity, self-possession, and quietly confident courage. His words affect Jang, not because they are at some level a statement of how badly done to the boy is, but because what the child actually says shows he has no thought of regarding himself as badly done to or deserving of sympathy. Which emphasises to Jang, and to us, all the more strongly how badly done to the boy actually is, precisely because he's so serenely unaware of the fact.

I don't dispute that GO is a poor (= pitiful) child or that anyone with a spark of decency, such as I think Jang possesses too, would want to see  him reunited with his parents as soon as possible. What I do dispute, with considerable conviction, is that, in the specific words the writer has given him here, he says anything that implies the slightest sign of feeling sorry for himself, referring to past hardships, or claiming that he deserves anything better than what he has. We know he would have every right to such complaints about  his lot. As does Jang. But the boy himself doesn't, and that's a significant part of why this scene is so moving.  I see no justification for importing into the translation things that aren't there especially at  the price of obscuring things that are present, and which give the little scene so much of its power.

I thought today's episode felt like both DY & HJ have changed almost like being forced to grow up and I think to their advantage more cautious in realizing that good intentions even being in the right or good isn't always enough when dealing with someone as evil as MH and her parents truly are.  No longer numb from the wreck or even them both knowing the truth although not knowing each other knows still in their own way they see some of what their enemy is capable of and won't be caught off guard again... It was a lesson that could have cost them everything...  Still I think they are stronger for it and wiser in knowing what not to do and whom they can and can not trust...

I know I wasn't the only one cheering Minions10_zpsdd28ca77.gif   while watching MH start to lose her cool and even better what is more beautiful than seeing her over confident self hunkered down in front of her door.  Or looking like a lost puppy in front of her Mother & Master no longer that smart spoiled attitude of hers that she learned from the worst.  Yes, it feels like a GLORIOUS HALLELUJAH TRAIN WRECK is coming and MH is feeling and being tied, twisted, tormented and is slowly being wrapped around and around by a rope onto that track.  It would seem DY & HJ and others will also slowly tug at that rope each tug a reminder of what she did and has done.  No longer will she or her parents be able to use and abuse others or their weaknesses against them. Instead she will feel the horror as each truth is revealed one by one tighter and tighter.  No where to run, no where to hide and no darkness left to cover up who she really is.  For the light of truth will be seen like a train coming towards her through her own evil and darkness that she can't escape from and will once and for all have to face...

It's everything I hoped for and even better than I had dreamed...  Just like a train you can feel & hear it coming from far off getting closer and closer.  MH will feel the tremble of the ground beneath her start to shake as the very foundation of her lies and corruption start to give way.  OH HAPPY DAY!!!!  I CAN FEEL IT COMING OUR WAY!!!!

Still there are some who once were MH's  black pieces in her chess game on the dark side and I still think there is time for a few of them to change colors before it's to late...  BIG NAM & MR JANG a few others as well... 

This isn't my normal romantic thoughts but right now I have my Cheerleading outfit on and although I can't hear any of your voices in reality screaming with me still I know your words are beside me and that's whats so amazing and more than enough...  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSv8T2IS_-8FH6hc9xI9yimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC2ybTUTzmVDDZ8gketu_  BRING ON THE TRAIN....

Let me just add this one romantic thought...  I think watching DY & HJ on the phone now more than a few times kind of reminds them and us of the sweetness of true love.  Almost like a new start, except in their case where they were never really finished.  Because what ever they had & shared called FIRST LOVE was so deeply rooted within them.  So great was their bond time couldn't erase it, nothing could touch it and no one, not even MH could destroy it!!!

They have learned and understand just how precious it is just hearing each others voice.  Calling out their names and having them answer.  As simple as just knowing that you can at anytime because love is about trust & faith in knowing that other person will always be there for you willing & waiting...  Even more they have learned to be courageous and fight for their own happiness and that love means never taking each other for granted or leaving the other alone...  Sweet Dreams...

1 hour ago, maribella said:

One Nazi   Hesse was kept in German prison until his death in his 80's.

I fear you're confusing Herman Hesse, the (Swiss) novelist and would-be poet, who was certainly no Nazi ( one of his supposed poems, in Korean translation which was really rather better as poetry than the German original, figured rather prominently in the SBS Drama 1000 Day's Promise, though the English translation in the subs was ludicrously off-beam) with Rudolf Hess, Hitler's Deputy Führer who in 1942 helped himself to a Messerschmidt fighter plane and flew it solo to Scotland, apparently in the hope of negotiating a peace deal with British aristocrats supposedly friendly towards Hitler but hostile to Stalin, It didn't work. Imprisoned in England throughout the war, he ended up in the rotating custody of the British, French, German and Soviet armies in the war criminals prison in Berlin Spandau where he committed suicide  (though as with the motives for his 1942 adventure, conspiracy theories are abundant about the actual cause of his death) in 1987, aged 92. The Western Allies had been willing to release him some years earlier, but the Soviets always vetoed the idea, even when Hess was the last surviving prisoner in the vast jail, which was demolished shortly after he died.

Fred Alford's book isn't a literary piece. He's Professor of Government at the University of Maryland, and his writings occupy the overlap between psychology, ethics and politics. Quite a powerful mix for trying to make sense of Korea.  Certainly easier going than Mme Bovary. You don't say exactly how many decades you've labored over it (not that it was written in any haste: Flaubert would often spend an entire day polishing and repolishing a single sentence), but I see from my copy that I started my struggles with it in 1965, and I'm still only about two thirds through. I transferred it to my Kindle in the hope I might manage the odd extra page in the wee small hours whenever I was shocked into wakefulness by our cat triggering the intruder alarm, but that didn't work either. I found the constant on screen reminder of my percentage (non) progress too dispiriting. At some point in those intervening 52 years I acquired a degree in French, but though I can zoom through Stendahl and persevere through Proust, I still get bogged down in old Gustave's writings.

3 hours ago, baduy said:

I fear you're confusing Herman Hesse, the (Swiss) novelist and would-be poet, who was certainly no Nazi ( one of his supposed poems, in Korean translation which was really rather better as poetry than the German original, figured rather prominently in the SBS Drama 1000 Day's Promise, though the English translation in the subs was ludicrously off-beam) with Rudolf Hess, Hitler's Deputy Führer who in 1942 helped himself to a Messerschmidt fighter plane and flew it solo to Scotland, apparently in the hope of negotiating a peace deal with British aristocrats supposedly friendly towards Hitler but hostile to Stalin, It didn't work. Imprisoned in England throughout the war, he ended up in the rotating custody of the British, French, German and Soviet armies in the war criminals prison in Berlin Spandau where he committed suicide  (though as with the motives for his 1942 adventure, conspiracy theories are abundant about the actual cause of his death) in 1987, aged 92. The Western Allies had been willing to release him some years earlier, but the Soviets always vetoed the idea, even when Hess was the last surviving prisoner in the vast jail, which was demolished shortly after he died.

Fred Alford's book isn't a literary piece. He's Professor of Government at the University of Maryland, and his writings occupy the overlap between psychology, ethics and politics. Quite a powerful mix for trying to make sense of Korea.  Certainly easier going than Mme Bovary. You don't say exactly how many decades you've labored over it (not that it was written in any haste: Flaubert would often spend an entire day polishing and repolishing a single sentence), but I see from my copy that I started my struggles with it in 1965, and I'm still only about two thirds through. I transferred it to my Kindle in the hope I might manage the odd extra page in the wee small hours whenever I was shocked into wakefulness by our cat triggering the intruder alarm, but that didn't work either. I found the constant on screen reminder of my percentage (non) progress too dispiriting. At some point in those intervening 52 years I acquired a degree in French, but though I can zoom through Stendahl and persevere through Proust, I still get bogged down in old Gustave's writings.

No I did not confuse Herman Hesse  and Nazi Hess, just got the spelling wrong. It sounds the same. Commit suicide? Some external force was at work there. Mark my word. I read the magi which I thought was Hesse's, not sure,  I stick to simple Bronte sisters for refreshing of my low level literary brain.

You are reading it in French??? My French only allows me to read le petit Prince and with an english version to confirm. I started mdm B. in the 90s to improve the left side of my brain ( or is it right) but maybe the beauty is lost in the translation. I was up to page 5 last year, however need to restart since I forgot most of it.

MH is pushing HR to do all the refine things - piano, harp lessons, sit straight, don't slurp. Does anyone remember which episode it was that she got adopted? Maybe she read books on the Medicis.

I would like to watch it and work out how the writer managed to turn her into a monster.

9 hours ago, baduy said:

He didn't say that actually. I assume that's what subbers thought he said. In fact, he told Jang that since his son was very sick, he ought to go to the States right away, then he added 나 혼자 잘 기다리니까 다녀오세요  - "I'll be a good boy and wait till you get back, so off you go."  

It's important to get that line across as close to its original tone and content as possible. There's no "always" , no "all by myself" which both introduce a hint of self-pity or fishing for sympathy into the English which isn't there in the Korean. Nor is he making a statement about what he's generally "good at"  (that's not what 잘 means in this context) : in his innocent, if naive, way he's giving Jang a firm assurance that in these specific circumstances he will be just fine if left on his own for a while (he could easily have been made to say the more factual 기다리 instead of the much more affirmative-emphatic-upbeat 기다리니까). By this response to the sick child's plight and his sympathy for a father's wish to be with his son, he unwittingly ups the pressure on Jang's conscience, bringing home to him that GO has no idea, either of how shabbily Jang and those who hired him are treating him or that he has anything better to "wait for" (the Korean verb is actually  half way beween English 'wait for" and "hope for")  than Jang's return. So Jang feels even guiltier and more disgusted with himself than he would have, had the boy been resentful, reproachful, or defiant.

Thank you @baduy on the detailed explanation of GO's words to Jang and the implications of the words. That is why this boy is so endearing and why we want him quickly back with this own parents! Having been adopted into a family where he was abused by this adoptive father, he is just happy that he is not beaten anymore. He has a kind heart and can empathise with Jang's plight of missing his own sick son. I agree that his response makes Jang even guiltier and I certainly hope that he returns GO safely and quickly to HJ or DY with no mishap where MH could get hold of the boy first.

At the end of episode 79, MH is shocked to see DY standing in their home! Great cliffhanger! His presence has really "SHAKEN" her confidence and we see her starting to lose her "COOL". Can't wait until Monday, when DY returns to the company. I just love his new look. So handsome! I'm sure that DY and Mr. Nam have  worked out a plan in advance  before he decided to return.

I am impressed with the change in GO's personality. He no longer is the frighten little boy that we saw when he was first introduced in the drama. He looks like he has adjusted well in the custody of Detective Jung. He shows his concern for Jung's sick son and that shows maturity at his young age. 

Love the way the drama is progressing, and before we know it all of MH's evil deeds will be exposed. If the drama stays at a 100 episodes, then we only have about a month more to go! 

I must share that I love the phone calls that HJ made to DY. Just to hear his voice. Just to let him know that he is in her thoughts. Just to know that he will answer her when she calls. She gains so much strength and confidence just knowing that he loves her just as she loves him. I am glad that she verbalized her realisation to DY of how foolish and stupid she had been to allow MH to manipulate her in the past. Of how she should have been braver and stronger and discussed with him their problems so that they could worry together and fight their enemies together.

Archived