[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

:lol:

I already hate the second female lead within the first two seconds of meeting her. There is no contest on who will win the heart of the Prince.

Someone is having buyers regret or he’s like all of the dads in dramaland.

I can relate this emo LOL

He was so desperate to become King he made a deal with a “rebel” group. Years later he hates being a puppet. OMG you are the reason for not being a real King. You made this decision and are upset you have to live it. Maybe you should ’t have been...

Spoiler

Some people have guard dogs and others have guard cats.

==============================

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" first again

2017/05/11

The new MBC drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask" came in first again.

According to Nielsen Korea, the third and fourth episodes of "Ruler: Master of the Mask" rated 10.5% for episode 3 and 12.6% for episode 4 again.

This is 0.8% and 1.0% more than the previous episodes.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Mystery Queen" increased by 0.5% to 9.2% and SBS drama "Suspicious Partner" increased by 0.2% to 6.1% for episode 3 and by 0.4% to 7.2% for episode 4.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20.../Hancinema

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode ratings for MBC dramaRuler: Master of the Mask

Date Episode TNmS (%) Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul
Average Peak
2017-05-10 01 (Part 1) 8.8 (9th) 10.0 (5th) 9.7 (6th) 10.5 (5th) 12.1
2017-05-10 01 (Part 2) 10.1 (6th) 10.9 (4th) 11.6 (4th) 12.1 (4th) 14.2
2017-05-11 02 (Part 1) 10.4 (8th) 11.5 (6th) 10.5 (6th) 11.2 (5th) -
2017-05-11 02 (Part 2) 10.8 (6th) 11.9 (5th) 12.6 (4th) 13.4 (4th) -

9 hours ago, nonski said:

For those who want to watch the drama live in the upcoming weeks, you can register thru the iMBC website.

I posted an article on my blog on how to register.  Please kindly give me a feedback there if you encounter a problem.

[Updated]How to register to iMBC

Posted on May 12, 2017 by nonski

This is an updated post of my previous one with the same title.  Please inform me if this isn’t working.  Thank you!

I created this post so I can have it ready for friends who have difficulty registering to the official website of the MBC.  Hope this helps.

Step 1:  Open this url on your address bar:  member.imbc.com/Login/Login.aspx and click on the button before the check mark.  A new page will open.

Finally! I signed up and created my account! :D thank you for your generous heart @nonski

Spoiler

HAHAHA! Is she a psycho? lol that's the disadvantage of watching the drama without subs. lol I'm off to watch the episodes with subs now. lmao I still like her wardrobe and hair though. I guess I'm just used with psycho characters. rofl I'm weird.

Can you guys share NG videos of them? I find it entertaining. haha

-------------------------------------------------

I like this scenes from last night episode.

1QGbKER.jpg

lnRnKyQ.jpg

iJMjhl1.jpg

GLiSRtV.jpg

Haha hes such a cutie

Somtyms forgot YSH is just 24. He had completed his army duties n has a maturity ard him. I felt this drama is really meant for him n hes doin really well in tone delivery n chemistry with his costars.

Another naver article about Ruler. It's ranked twice on the most read. Just talks about Ruler's good ratings. The comment section is praising the drama once more but also a lot of complaints about MBC trying to make money by spliting up the episodes like that. I hope MBC stops and goes back to the one hour format. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003534580&gid=999339&cid=1061816

Watched Ep 2 raw, going to watch with subs after breakfast but I can safely say this - Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun are amazing actors!

@Miky88 @an05  love reading what you've said about HCY's OST (he's still not well-known enough for my liking)  He'll be holding a Vlive session today (12 May) at 5 pm KST and I am sure his fans will ask him if he knows when his OST will be out. :)

And last but not least a big thank you to @Go Seung Ji for a good job on starting the thread.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Ruler: Master of the Mask" Episodes 3-4

photo847816.jpg

Ga-eun (played by Kim So-hyeon-I) is the young woman who kept getting all those dramatic camera shots in the second episode, even though at the time we had no idea who she was. Here, we quickly discover that Ga-eun is a kind woman, who assumes on general principle that anybody being chased after by armed men is probably innocent. This turns out to be a pretty reasonable assumption considering that by the end of the fourth episode...alas, the other Seon (played by L) is not so lucky as the handsome prince who shares his moniker.

read full article >> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-ruler-master-of-the-mask-episodes-3-4-105873.html

[enter-talk] DID YOU SEE L'S ACTING?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Posted on 6:29 PM by kei z

download.jsp?FileID=40897117
He's totally freaking amazing
I've always liked L but when I saw him act with Krystal, his voice and acting were such a turn off
But when I watched him in "Monarch" I found him freaking awesomeㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
Wow with his voice, he totally became a new person
Honestly, his pronunciation is still just a little bit off-putting but his facial expressions were also freaking amazing
His sobbing acting made me cry too ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

post response:
[+116][-22]
original post :here

ㅇㅇ |2017.05.11 23:48 신고하기
When he was sobbing in resentment to the crowned prince I honestly almost cried too (t/n: we didn't watch it so we don't know which scene they're talking about!)ㅜㅠ Myungsoo said that he'll make the fans proud on V app so he'll be putting a lot of effort in this. I really like how he showed us how hardworking he is

ㅇㅇ |2017.05.11 23:50 신고하기
His acting is quite good.. He's playing a low class person, and he's wearing all those shabby clothes but still looks f*cking handsome. Even his acting knocked me down

ㅇㅇ |2017.05.11 23:51 신고하기
I'm not his fan but he was good. We really can tell how hardworking he is bb

ㅇㅇ |2017.05.12 00:25 신고하기
I saw L's acting for the first time on "Master's Sun" and I remember thinking "that's why I hate idols acting. But this time, I got so shocked when I watched this drama. I don't know how he fends in other dramas since I've never watched them but you can tell he worked hard for this. I hope he becomes an even stronger actor

예루 |2017.05.12 04:47 신고하기
When I watched it, I realized how L is just a hardworking person in general. I don't know if it's because he hates the fact that he only gets noticed for his face, but he really looks like he wants to excel at everything he does and will put the effort needed, it's cool seeing him like that, he's really the talented type. He takes risks despite having a face like that. I think that this kind of celebrity would do well even if he didn't have that face

ㅇㅇ |2017.05.11 23:40 신고하기
I acknowledge him, his acting totally improved, I'm seeing him in new lights

More

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2017/05/enter-talk-did-you-see-ls-acting.html

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" Yoo Seung-ho - Kim So-hyeon-I

photo847729.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho and Kim So-hyeon-I's romance commenced on the second episode of "Ruler: Master of the Mask".

Yoo Seung-ho (Prince Yi Seon) went to see Park Chul-min (Niu Fu) to find out why he had to live with a mask on his face on the latest episode of the MBC drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask".

Yi Seon was being chased by the Pyeonsu Gang on his way to meet Niu Fu. Ga-eun (Kim So-hyeon-I) saved him by pretending that he was her mother in the carriage.

Ga-eun continued to help him. Niu Fu was her master and she helped Yi Seon meet him. Niu Fu asked, "It rained twice as much this year than last year but why are the wells drier than before?"

Yi Seon also met L (peasant Yi Seon) who had the same name as him. They had a fist fight but Prince Yi Seon thought it was fun and started laughing. The three of them got close and Prince Yi Seon fell for Ga-eun's kindness. Ga-eun didn't mind that. They started to show signs of romance since the second episode of "Ruler: Master of the Mask".

source: http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-ruler-master-of-the-mask-yoo-seung-ho--kim-so-hyeon-i-105849.html

Done watching ep 4 with sub, lovessss this drama so much

I was torn between suscipious partner or Ruller of the Mask, because I am also Ji Chang Wook fans but after ep 4 it is confirm that although I wil watch both drama I choose to live streaming Ruller of the Mask.

I loves Yoo Seung Ho from the moment he apeared in the screen, he become really adorable innocent crown prince can not help falling in love with YSH Le sun. 

I also loves Kim So Hyun and L

All the cast is soo young but their acting is soo good :wub::wub::wub:

This is the first time for a while I have been in a forum so excuse me if I said anything wrong.

But AHHH only 4 episodes out but I already love this drama!! I love the scenery it feels so cinematic. And they handle "romantic" scenes so well too! I love that scene in the garden between the crown prince and Hwa Goon (no matter what people say I think that scene is lovely) and the also one where he was inside the... box thing. Also I love Yoo Seung Ho so much oh god he's a cutie 

Anyways I'm still wondering about one thing: why haven't the king told lee sun about the organization yet? If he wants to stop his son from acting out (such as running away and threatened to take off his mask in the middle of nowhere or reveal himself to literally everyone) he should have told him in the beginning so the kid knows shouldn't he?

hi everyone!! i'm new here.. finally i watched the first episode :) and i'm a fan now ^_^

but i have a doubt.. how long  does each episode? just 30 or 20 min?? or i'm watching a wrong link:(

thank u for your answer..

and sorry for my bad english

@isabelly hi dear, each episode divide by 2 part. Each episode around 30 minutes. Total sum about 1 hour per episode (part 1 + part 2).

I you watch online, some will put

EP 1 - (ep 1, ep 2) 

EP 2 - (ep 3 and ep 4 )

I know it a bit confusing, but this is new format introduce by TV channel nowdays.

Finished the first two Episodes and it must be a sign of YSH good acting that I immediately felt the chemistry between both female leads (still learning names).  Unfortunately I think Kim Hwa will end up letting it slip about the prince's face either out  jealousy or own personal gain, but I would love to be wrong. 

One of my favorite moments was the princes breakout from the kingdom, but it was so short lived:( The way the smile faded from his face the moment he turned that corner and saw those dying people was heartbreaking.  I'm already rooting for him to save the day after that. 

Not much revealed about Myungsoo's character yet but I lived for that line about "everyone being cowards and not confronting the real issue" I feel like he's got a lot of built up hate and resentment that's dying to come out at some point. 

Overall I'm not really a huge fan of these short episodes, but feel the story line will be strong enough to keep me watching. 

Archived