[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

Yang Yoseob, Suran, Bolbbalgan4, And More To Feature On “Ruler: Master Of The Mask” OST

yang-yoseob-suran-bolbbalgan4.jpg
Shares 486

Ahead of its upcoming May 10 premiere, “Ruler: Master of the Mask” has revealed part of the lineup for its OST.

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” stars Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun in a historical drama about a Joseon prince who struggles against a corrupt elite who seeks to monopolize Korea’s water supply.

The first lineup for the MBC drama’s OST will be Highlight’s Yang Yoseob, indie duo Bolbbalgan4, Suran, and Kim Na Young. This will be Yang Yoseob’s first OST after his group rebranded themselves as Highlight, but he has had lots of prior experience in the field. Likewise, Suran and Kim Na Young are also OST veterans, having featured in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Defendant,” and “Descendants of the Sun.”

You can check out a short teaser for Yang Yoseob’s upcoming OST track below!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/08/yang-yoseob-suran-bolbbalgan4-feature-ruler-master-mask-ost/

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say i giggled a little when the clishe kdrama plot was reversed and Lee Sun was caught by Ga Eun when he was falling...it's also adorable how he most likely fell in love with her at first sight...And when he says that "Am I handsome?" i instantly remember Kim Soo Hyun's role in Goblin asking the same question to Shin in a palaquin...

59 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I really can't wait for the drama to start, it has a great cast and setup!! I had a different version of how things will go between Ga Eun and Crown Prince Lee Seon but it's totally different from what I had in my mind after watching the long trailer!! I thought he'll be anaware of her revenge plot against him while she'll be aware of who he really is but no!! he's actually the one who's aware of who she is and we'll see her lotting and acting on her revenge against him (the Crown Prince) and can't wait to see what he'll do and how things will work between them!! and I really hate that Lee Seon (L) will want to take the real Crown Prince's throne when he suggested to be his stand-by to help him at 1st!! :( I know that my heart will break along the road (I'm already in pain for the Crown Prince) but I hope we will have a happy ending!! PRETTY PLEASE!! 

I also had this impression she would know who he is and would seek her revenge on him without him knowing her identity when we first got our little info on the story but i guess it was just the other way around...I guess that's why you can't always trust the first stuff released...

It will be trully intresting and full of complicated emotions if he approches her again after having somehow a share in her father death while she tries to avange him by getting to make the Prince/King pay for it,all the while him being by her side and listening to this stuff...Can't even imagine the betrayer she'll feel and how she will act on it,yet again it can also work in his favor as she can know the real him and what happened back then and that it wasn't trully his fault...Curious if she'll believe the Prince himself killed her father(as the one yelding the sword was a masked man in Prince attire)

I don't know if Lee Sun,the peasant, will harbor the desire to become the real king,that is one of the ideas i can see being used,if they wanted(one of my ideas were they can take the plot)among many others as the story is quite rich and can have many subplots,so we can't say we don't have material for it...

29 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

I must say i giggled a little when the clishe kdrama plot was reversed and Lee Sun was caught by Ga Eun when he was falling...it's also adorable how he most likely fell in love with her at first sight...And when he says that "Am I handsome?" i instantly remember Kim Soo Hyun's role in Goblin asking the same question to Shin in a palaquin...

I also had this impression she would know who he is and would seek her revenge on him without him knowing her identity when we first got our little info on the story but i guess it was just the other way around...I guess that's why you can't always trust the first stuff released...

It will be trully intresting and full of complicated emotions if he approches her again after having somehow a share in her father death while she tries to avange him by getting to make the Prince/King pay for it,all the while him being by her side and listening to this stuff...Can't even imagine the betrayer she'll feel and how she will act on it,yet again it can also work in his favor as she can know the real him and what happened back then and that it wasn't trully his fault...Curious if she'll believe the Prince himself killed her father(as the one yelding the sword was a masked man in Prince attire)

I don't know if Lee Sun,the peasant will harbor the desire to become the real king,that is one of the ideas i can see being used,if they wanted(one of my ideas were they can take the plot)among many others as the story is quite rich and can have many subplots,so we can't say we don't have material for it...

I so loved that!! :wub: it's not offten (I never saw it before actually :tongue:) to see the man saved that way by the girl and ask if he's handsome!! hhhhhhh but that was cute!! :wub: 

well it said she'll seek revenge against him but end up falling for him which is not wrong but with a twist and not like we guessed!! :lol: 

for now she'll believe it was really the prince who killed her father, she'd never guess that someone else will dare to stand as the Crown Prince (well unless on the King's order but she can't really forsee it) and it will help her to get a better idea on who he really is and how things happened back then but before her feeling the betrayal realising he was the one she plotted to get her revenge against all this time while he's on her side (which will make her see he's not really a bad person or he would have killed her for plotting to kill him) I'm thinking and feel pain for the Crown Prince who will watch the girl he love plotting his death, not being able to act as he want and make a step toward her over guilt toward her!! :heartbreak: 

I really hope he won't though I remember reading (I think in his character's poster) saying he'll be the real king for Ga Eun which I don't like!! :( 

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I really hope he won't though I remember reading (I think in his character's poster) saying he'll be the real king for Ga Eun which I don't like!! :( 

It was Myungsoo's Poster tagline though, not Yoo's. Prince Lee Seon's line was he will be a better Ruler for his people or something like that :ph34r:

Watching the 5min highlight kinda gave me a vibe that somewhere on the start of the drama, Ga Eun's character will be a liability to Lee Seon. The part where CP Lee Seon appears to be watching somebody and Ga Eun being captured. It's just a vibe though, I guess we'll see tomorrow how this will turn out.

From 6 months of wait finally it's D-1. YEY! B)B)B) 

Yoo Seung Ho (23) says Kim So Hyun (17) feels more like a noona

yoo-seung-ho-kim-so-hyun.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho (23) shared his thoughts on co-star Kim So Hyun (17). 

At the May 8 press conference for new MBC drama 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask', Yoo Seung Ho was asked about working with Kim So Hyun. 

He commented, "I worked with Kim So Hyun on the same production once when I was younger but we never ran into each other. We never really worked together but I was able to understand Kim So Hyun as I'm a person who also has experience working as a child actor, and I felt like I've known her for a long time."

Yoo Seung Ho then revealed, "Kim So Hyun is 6 years younger than me but I wasn't able to drop the honorifics when we first met. In a way, she's like a noona and she's very mature."

Everyone at the press conference including Kim So Hyun laughed at his comment. Yoo Seung Ho quickly responded, "Sorry, I just meant that she seemed very mature when we talked. I'm the oppa but it just felt that when we were filming too... Anyway, it's nice working with her. It's an honor and I'm happy to be working together with Kim So Hyun."

The first episode of 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask' is airing May 10.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/yoo-seung-ho-23-says-kim-so-hyun-17-feels-more-like-a-noona

13 minutes ago, akausagi said:

It was Myungsoo's Poster tagline though, not Yoo's. Prince Lee Seon's line was he will be a better Ruler for his people or something like that :ph34r:

Watching the 5min highlight kinda gave me a vibe that somewhere on the start of the drama, Ga Eun's character will be a liability to Lee Seon. The part where CP Lee Seon appears to be watching somebody and Ga Eun being captured. It's just a vibe though, I guess we'll see tomorrow how this will turn out.

From 6 months of wait finally it's D-1. YEY! B)B)B) 

yeah I know I meant L not Yoo Seung Ho's character's poster!! :)

yeah, I can't believe it's finally here!! :w00t: 

15 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Yoo Seung Ho (23) says Kim So Hyun (17) feels more like a noona

Spoiler

Yoo Seung Ho (23) shared his thoughts on co-star Kim So Hyun (17). 

At the May 8 press conference for new MBC drama 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask', Yoo Seung Ho was asked about working with Kim So Hyun. 

He commented, "I worked with Kim So Hyun on the same production once when I was younger but we never ran into each other. We never really worked together but I was able to understand Kim So Hyun as I'm a person who also has experience working as a child actor, and I felt like I've known her for a long time."

Yoo Seung Ho then revealed, "Kim So Hyun is 6 years younger than me but I wasn't able to drop the honorifics when we first met. In a way, she's like a noona and she's very mature."

Everyone at the press conference including Kim So Hyun laughed at his comment. Yoo Seung Ho quickly responded, "Sorry, I just meant that she seemed very mature when we talked. I'm the oppa but it just felt that when we were filming too... Anyway, it's nice working with her. It's an honor and I'm happy to be working together with Kim So Hyun."

The first episode of 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask' is airing May 10.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/yoo-seung-ho-23-says-kim-so-hyun-17-feels-more-like-a-noona

hhhhhhhhhh can't stop lauging how he called her a noona but then kept trying to explaine what he meant!! :lol::wub: 

2 hours ago, parmma said:

Hide contents

when seungho was misunderstood and the cameras start to flash away…:lol:

---------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHA, Thanks for sharing this @parmma, I really want to know what were SH's exact words at that moment, in time with his reactions (blushes! XD hahaha) and Sohyun's laughs. Now I can't really stop smiling and giggling watching these. :D:D:D:D and then again, another co actor acknowledges KSH's maturity, and at that its the great YSH none other than :D:D:D

And congrats everyone, this thread is on the "Hot Topics" of soompi :)

Tomorrow it is. Ruler, fighting~!

INFINITE’s L Cries His Eyes Out In New Stills For “Ruler: Master Of The Mask”

Infinite-L1.jpg

MBC’s newest historical drama, “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” recently unveiled new stills of INFINITE’s L completely immersed in his character and sobbing his eyes out.

L plays the role of Lee Sun, who has an ingenious mind but is limited because of his family’s low social status. The stills that were released show the singer-turned-actor on the dirt floor, with an expression on his face of complete despair. There are tears flooding his eyes, so it will be interesting to find out what made his character sob like this.

Although this is L’s first time filming a historical drama, he has received countless words of praise for his professionalism and acting ability. A production staff revealed that the filming took place in January 2017, and despite the harsh winds and freezing weather that made it difficult to film, L was able to cry on the spot as soon as the filming started.

A producer from the drama commented, “L has put forth an immense amount of effort to show the emotions behinds his character. The emotions in this scene was especially crucial to the story, but he was able to pour his heart into the role with absolute focus. Please look forward to seeing a different side of L through this drama.”

Meanwhile, MBC’s “Ruler: Master of the Mask” premieres on May 10!

What do you think L is crying about in the stills?

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/08/infinites-l-cries-eyes-new-stills-ruler-master-mask/

6 hours ago, parmma said:

Hide contents

when seungho was misunderstood and the cameras start to flash away…:lol:

---------------------------------------------

aren't they look so fit to be together... I am already shipping them... they have almost the same features and can pass as siblings... but jjinja... they are so cute! can't give them the puppy couple as that is already taken... what shall be call them? LOL!

Kim So Hyun On “Ruler: Master Of The Mask” Co-Star Yoo Seung Ho And Their Ratings Promise

kim-so-hyun-3.jpg

Kim So Hyun opened up about working with Yoo Seung Ho, the cast’s ratings promise, and more during a V Live broadcast for her upcoming drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask” on May 8.

She began talking about her role in the drama, Han Ga Eun, mentioning that it was a challenge to play both the child and adult versions of the character. Playing an adult entails a possibility of intimate scenes, and she responded to a question asking how she felt about that, saying, “There aren’t that many scenes with lots of physical contact yet, so I haven’t really thought about it. There’s a big melodramatic aspect to the drama, so the way we act with our eyes is important. I’m doing my best to show that I’m in love through the look in my eyes.”

She also mentioned her co-star Yoo Seung Ho, explaining, “We have great chemistry. You can look forward to it. It’s nice because we work together really well. He also takes good care of me since he’s older. Because I trust him, I feel at ease and can do a better job.”

As in the case of many dramas, the cast of “Ruler: Master of the Mask” has also decided on a ratings promise. Kim So Hyun revealed, “Our cast will open a fan signing event and wear our drama costumes there if we get over 20 percent views.”

Despite her young age, Kim So Hyun is a senior in the acting industry due to her early start as a child actor, and she shared some of her seasoned opinions and tips on acting. She explained that she wanted to become a good person overall, in addition to being a good actor. To memorize her lines better, she reads the script again and again until it stays in her head. In preparation for this specific drama, she had to learn horseback riding for the first time and described it as fun, but scary. She fell from her horse once, but she learned from that experience and has never fallen since.

Lastly, Kim So Hyun urged viewers to watch the drama. “While ‘Ruler’ is a must-watch in itself, and I might not be in the position to say this, but I will just say it without being too serious. I think it will be a source of consolation for those who are having a hard time,” she said.

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” will air on May 10 at 10 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/09/kim-hyun-ruler-master-mask-co-star-yoo-seung-ho-ratings-promise/

Based on Vlive app interview yesterday. I took only some part about Ruler

1) There is not many body contact scene filmed in "Ruler", mainly is use eye expression. 

2) There is so many horse riding scene, it is funny & scary. She took one-month horse training class and the most impressive scene is when Han Ga Eun father is being beheaded (the part that she screams because it is the turning point in her life)

credit to: johnny_sohyun 

Is it just me but I have this feeling that the hangul tattoo painted by the King at the back of the crown prince would be one of the twist of the drama story? haha anways, what does it say?

Romeo and Juliet theme huh? well, I like angst stories. Bring it on, YSH and KSH melancholic aura and superb acting will make the story perfect. hahaha it suits them. YSH has a trademark of angst sobbing/crying scene. I am looking forward to it.

gosh, I can't wait for tomorrow! I will definitely lurk here and read the recaps. haha

Archived