[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Ciwen put out a report from that seminar

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/BLh_UpI_ejLsD8qxo9xSRg

Do you get the feeling that this is some kind of campaign by Ciwen etc to get the actors back on board? I mean, who are they kidding? Of course the great majority of fans want a follow up to the icy lake incident (I'm not sure if I do for fear of them butchering it) and some kind of proper closure to XingYue so demand is not the issue obviously.

I keep wondering if they're trying to put pressure on ZLY especially, because she's mega busy, to come back and do Number 2. They know they won't get it off the ground without her. I don't know how the C drama industry works of course but honestly, all this administrivia sounds like some kind of active internal campaigning to me.

15 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

This is all @40somethingahjumma's fault since she left a review talking about how the people of Green Hills should go into the furniture business given Yuwen Yue and Xing'er's antics. So here's an "advertisement" for XingYue Unlimited's brand-new Kungfu Furniture line.

I do my best (or worst) to spread XingYue goodwill everywhere. :wink: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Do you get the feeling that this is some kind of campaign by Ciwen etc to get the actors back on board? I mean, who are they kidding? Of course the great majority of fans want a follow up to the icy lake incident (I'm not sure if I do for fear of them butchering it) and some kind of proper closure to XingYue so demand is not the issue obviously.

I keep wondering if they're trying to put pressure on ZLY especially, because she's mega busy, to come back and do Number 2. They know they won't get it off the ground without her. I don't know how the C drama industry works of course but honestly, all this administrivia sounds like some kind of active internal campaigning to me.

I do my best (or worst) to spread XingYue goodwill everywhere. :wink: 

Yep, I get that feeling too. It feels very PR to me. I think they are trying to restore trust in the company from fans of the drama/book and maybe the actors. Like look what we are doing to do a better job? This last PR stunt makes me feel that they really want a season 2 with all the actors. 

I think the only way for them to put good pressure on ZLY is with a lot of money + good contract. Without ZLY they lose a lot, just with the buzz she generates without her name is less interest, etc. They know it. 

The question is does ZLY trust in their ability to give her a good script and to not ruin production, etc? I think if they do a season 2, if I were her I would ask for some control of the script, a shorter season, better quality production, and more money. 

• Like 3

Better still ZLY invest in PA2 minimally a 50/50 deal with Ciwen or better still 60/40, since there's already a firm fan base and she can be assured of the end result. 

Thank you for @rampantwolfhound and @40somethingahjumma for your lovely fan fics :heart:

• Like 5

LGX was announced as a spokesman for iQIYI and the cast of PA send him congratulation videos 

32160000eb15d1fdbdef

321500050b41dd80550c

32160000ec490a170d7a

321d0000eccca3e66cec

https://www.toutiao.com/a6455547329867940365/

PA is the highest watched drama on iQIYI, I expect it to win big awards on iQIYI at the end of the year. I don't think any of the upcoming dramas before award ceremonies can rival it when it comes to online views. PA was getting almost 1 billion per day and the top dramas nowadays get 100-200 views per day if they are lucky. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, seyforsey said:

wow, this PA drama is super popular. Well season 2 will be with the same main cast, i dont know how they are going to do it with different cast and expect the same popularity.

there two many rumor out there about the cast. Since ZLD is super busy with her schedule, I don't know if she will taking the roll. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

there two many rumor out there about the cast. Since ZLD is super busy with her schedule, I don't know if she will taking the roll. 

she should!! we the fan can wait for her, even if it is two or three years.... I can't see any other actors playing xinger or yuwen yue.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

Here's today's chapter; it's all from YWY's perspective, which will be a disappointment to this crowd, I'm sure:wink:.

lol, it is a great chapter!! I'm glad yuwen yue thinks of Mo'er as his own son and tries to bring him up the best as he could. I feel bad for yuwen yue that he shoulders two much responsibility from the eyes of gods. If Mo'er becomes like him, i hope Mo'er can find his happiness like yuwen yue did. Is there another xinger in his world??

• Like 3

As I said before, I really like the whole cast of PA. Today I saw some pics of JH and YueQi hanging out while they were filming PA. I think these two are good friends, I hope to see them in another drama again. 

4c573953gw1f92khz6teuj20zi0qo7f3.jpg

4c573953gw1f4cr8iinzfj20zj0qo104.jpg

4c573953gw1f4cr8jth5sj20zk0qon6g.jpg

also why do I feel that JH looks good like this but in the drama his character looked kind of ugly?

4c573953gw1f6lb0pupacj20ku0rs789.jpg

4c573953gw1f6lb0p2vs2j20ku0rsaep.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

Today's chapter's up; the idea started off as "just a little bit of XingYue" that I was going to write to beef up the final chapter before the epilogue, but then it turned into a monster. Such is the effect our OTP has on me.

it is the same chapter as the previous one.!

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Finally... Part 5 of In-Laws and Outlaws is done. Managed to squeeze in a bit of fluff in the middle of murder and mayhem.

Enjoy!

Thank you !!

• Like 2

Ugh, sorry, guys. I could say that I was just trying to keep y'all on your toes or that I was just doing my best PA impression and showing yesterday's stuff again before posting today's, but the truth is that I've uploaded so many documents to ff recently that I now have to scroll down to post a new chapter, and I didn't realize that until I read some messages today:blush:. Sorry for the fail; here's the updated chapter. Thanks to those who alerted me about this; please continue to tell me about any other screw-ups I might make:wink:.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

Ugh, sorry, guys. I could say that I was just trying to keep y'all on your toes or that I was just doing my best PA impression and showing yesterday's stuff again before posting today's, but the truth is that I've uploaded so many documents to ff recently that I now have to scroll down to post a new chapter, and I didn't realize that until I read some messages today:blush:. Sorry for the fail; here's the updated chapter. Thanks to those who alerted me about this; please continue to tell me about any other screw-ups I might make:wink:.

lol, i thought i was losing my mind over this fanciction. I checked the new chapter again and yesssssssssssss, this is the right update. Thank you

• Like 1

Since I screwed up posting yesterday, I just went ahead and finished the story and posted two chapters instead of just one. Here they are. If you'd have told me that that little 300-word ending blurb I wrote and posted on here was going to turn into a 45,000+ word story I'd post on ff.net, I wouldn't have believed you at the time. Crazy. But it's done, and now I'm going to take some time to gather my thoughts and craft a good continuation of "A Different Path." Thanks for all of the support and encouragement; I'll post on here when I begin updating "A Different Path."

• Like 5

8 hours ago, rampantwolfhound said:

Since I screwed up posting yesterday, I just went ahead and finished the story and posted two chapters instead of just one. Here they are. If you'd have told me that that little 300-word ending blurb I wrote and posted on here was going to turn into a 45,000+ word story I'd post on ff.net, I wouldn't have believed you at the time. Crazy. But it's done, and now I'm going to take some time to gather my thoughts and craft a good continuation of "A Different Path." Thanks for all of the support and encouragement; I'll post on here when I begin updating "A Different Path."

Thank you. Well you did it. and I'll be your biggest fan :-)

• Like 2