[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

On 09/08/2017 at 11:05 AM, Melda Hung said:

hopefully is true ... they can shoot yu wen yue part first hahhaah later zyl can join in april lol

Yea i hope is true...

shoot the YWY + Shawn dou part then ZLY.. after that cut and paste... hahahaha :D

9 Aug over already.. any update on the news?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Yea i hope is true...

shoot the YWY + Shawn dou part then ZLY.. after that cut and paste... hahahaha :D

9 Aug over already.. any update on the news?

no update the news now only rumour hahahah happy camp also no news

• Like 2

I'll be posting this story on FF.net from now on, but since I normally post at this time, I figured I'd get this up here since I'm formatting/editing the earlier chapters. From now on, I'll upload the story on FF.net and will post links.

Edited for links. PA page. First page of this story.

“…and then, if that parrot can be trusted, she told the doctor that insulting her personality and her child was not an effective method of increasing her levels of peace and tranquility.”

“I’m assuming that you’re...translating for the parrot once again.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Emperor Xiang smiled as he once again enjoyed his favorite briefing of the week. A pregnant Chu Qiao had turned out to be every bit as entertaining as he’d expected her to be, and that parrot had been a gold mine of information. He was already anticipating hearing the upcoming reports about Chu Qiao’s first months of motherhood.

“The bird also repeatedly quoted phrases like, ‘You’re a quack!’ and ‘That’s not what my husband said last night!’”

“Thank you. Do you have anything else to--”

“Report!” a soldier cried out, running up to Xiang’s throne and kneeling.

“Yes? What is it?”

“Your Highness! One of our spies around Red Hills just sent word that the Xiulis are preparing to march!”

Xiang’s good humor disappeared in an instant.

“How many?”

“All of them, Your Highness.”

“All of...”

A thought began to form in his mind, and a smile slowly began to shape his lips. The timing was right, and there was only one thing—one person—who could make the Xiulis take such a risk. He stood up from his throne and was instantly surrounded by attendants.

“Assemble a hundred troops and prepare to move out as soon as possible,” he said to the reporting soldier, who goggled at him.

“Yes, Your Highness!” he said, making the proper farewells before walking away as quickly as he could.

“What are you planning, Your Highness?” his chief eunuch adviser asked him.

“If this is what I think it is, then we have nothing to worry about—although it never hurts to be careful.”

“And what do you think this is, Your Highness?”

“I think it’s time for me to have some fun for a change. In fact, Yuan Song told me in his last letter that I need to make sure that I take some time to do some of the things I want to do regardless of matters of court. I do believe I shall take his advice.”

He left a bewildered eunuch behind as he suddenly strode quickly away from the throne and headed for his rooms. The pitter-patter of attendant feet brought a larger smile to his face.

“Prepare my armor!” he said to one of his servants.

“At once, Your Highness!”

If the Xiulis are going to look their best, then so am I. No ragtag band of ex-rebels is going to upstage the emperor of Wei.

Xiang fidgeted impatiently as his attendants began putting on his armor, hoping that he and his men could reach Green Hills before it was too late.

Xiao Ce had stayed alive as long as he had by utilizing all of the information sources available to him. Over the years, he’d built up a comprehensive spy network that rivaled his sister’s in terms of effectiveness and efficiency. His spies provided him with more information that most people could dream of and were one of the main reasons why he was still the crown prince of Liang.

And yet, these spies could not tell Xiao Ce everything that he wanted to know. For knowledge of the future, he’d found no better—albeit more exasperating—source of news than the stars. True, learning how to read them was a difficult process that could, if you were not careful, lead to disaster based on half-truths and full misunderstandings. The stars had saved his life on occasion, but they had also caused him to be wrong a time or two.

Considering that humans were at least as fallible as his own ability to glean knowledge from the heavens, Xiao Ce was content to take his chances with celestial bodies as much as earthly ones. He was also man enough to admit when he’d been wrong and to be happy when things turned out right against the odds.

Xiao Ce had spent a great deal of time reading the stars last night, wanting to be sure that he’d made no mistakes in his deciphering of their mysteries. He’d already been wrong once about these people and he didn’t want to be so again. But no, the heavens had been quite emphatic that all was—at least for now—well with both Qiao Qiao and her husband.

The young prince smiled wistfully and took a sip of his wine as he reminisced while ensconced in the luxury of his courtyard.

When he’d told Yuwen Yue that he and Qiao Qiao had been fated to meet but not to be together, he hadn’t been lying—at least as far as he’d been able to interpret the will of the heavens. While the stars had shown him the intertwined natures of their fates—and their souls—they had shown him nothing but a jumbled end of pain, hardship, and death. Naturally, he’d wanted to spare both of them such an end and had thus given his advice to the pathetically devoted young master.

Now that he knew what had happened at the icy lake, he couldn’t help but smile at the evident truth that Qiao Qiao had changed her fate and Yuwen Yue’s when she’d regained her memories and her powers. Death and loss had turned to life and love, and Xiao Ce derived a bittersweet satisfaction in keeping track of Qiao Qiao using multiple methods.

As far as he knew, none of the spies that he’d sent to keep watch on the Yuwen family holdings had been discovered. They were good enough to evade those pathetic Wei spies and to...dispose of any of his dear, sweet sister’s people they encountered. Not that she dared to do too much at this point; Xiao Ce knew that she was still emotionally reeling from the knowledge that the penpal she’d fallen for had actually been her worst enemy.

The spy who had imparted that juicy morsel of intel had been rewarded handsomely for her trouble and had become one of his most reliable assets. He’d have to remember to instruct her to write up a detailed account of the upcoming happenings at Green Hills and send it by pigeon so that his sister could “accidentally” intercept it.

A malicious grin spread across Xiao Ce’s face as he imagined his sister learning about the details of the happy event that would soon be occurring at Green Hills. He knew that, unlike himself, she had no knowledge of the stars or of his deepest secrets.

That’s why she’ll always be a step or two behind me—and I intend to keep it that way.

Not that Xiao Ce was naive enough to underestimate his sister; he knew that she’d always be a threat as long as she was alive.

Which will likely be an unfortunately long time—unless fate intervenes, of course.

He’d watched the stars for any such information for years, of course, and would continue to do so. But he also knew that life was unpredictable and that it could surprise you regardless of what the heavens seemed to say. Maybe someday he’d get the better of his sister—or maybe his sister would get the better of him.

But if she does get the better of me and I can escape with my life, I know exactly where I’ll try to go.

Xiao Ce silently raised his wine in a toast to Qiao Qiao, already looking forward to what he would read in the stars that night.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuan Song’s shoulders automatically straightened as he walked between the currently-disarmed dragon traps that lined the corridor to what he knew would be a lonely set of rooms without his wife to share them with him. The ruler of Yanbei knew that the ex-assassin he’d married would’ve teased him about his reaction to the dragons just as she always did when she was there with him.

He armed the traps as soon as he reached the door, smiling wistfully as he remembered the earnest, firm admonitions to do so that had come from his wife before she’d left. While he knew that Meng Feng could take care of herself, he still missed her terribly whenever she was gone and worried about her well-being. Give the circumstances, however, he could hardly have told her not to do what she’d felt compelled to do.

The truth was, both of them owed Yuwen Yue more than they could ever repay. Were it not for the generous actions and nature of the young master of Green Hills Courtyard, both of them would’ve been long dead and would never even have met each other. Yuwen Yue had seen the potential in both of them and had played an integral role in helping them to become the rulers of Yanbei.

When Meng Feng had started getting restless a week or so ago after they had received Yuwen Yue’s latest letter, Yuan Song hadn’t been surprised. While he knew that his wife was in love with and faithful to him completely, he also knew that she felt a bond of kinship with her former master that was compelling her to be nearby just in case someone tried to make trouble. Their old friend would, after all, be completely focused on Chu Qiao and might not be able to recognize trouble until it was right on his doorstep.

Yuan Song shook his head and chuckled. He and his wife knew full well that Yuwen Yue could handle anything that came his way—especially if that something was trying to hurt Chu Qiao. But since he was so familiar with his wife’s protectiveness, he went along with her rationalizing and let her go with his blessing. Both he and his wife knew how quickly life could change and how a single person could mean the difference between defeat and victory.

A bevy of attendants came in through the servants’ entrance and brought in what seemed like enough food to feed an army, and Yuan Song missed his wife’s presence more than ever. She would’ve helped him to eat as much of the food as possible and then to laugh at the absurdity of it all after the servants had left them alone. These times when Meng Feng was gone brought home to him just how vital she’d become to his life—and how bereft he felt when she wasn’t with him.

To think that Yuwen Yue survived years apart from Chu Qiao with no concrete hope that she’d ever return his love or return to him.

Yuan Song shook his head in amazement and took a sip of wine before starting his meal.

He figured that his wife had likely reached Green Hills a few days ago and had found some suitably shadowy place to hide in while waiting for Chu Qiao to give birth. While he had complete faith in his wife’s abilities, he also had an unshakable anxiety that plagued him whenever she wasn’t by his side. Yuan Song understood that this was completely irrational since Meng Feng was much more likely to protect him than the other way around, but since when was love ever rational anyway?

Chu Qiao’s image flashed through his mind. He’d been completely honest with his wife about the feelings that he used to have for Chu Qiao, but he’d assured her that all of those emotions belonged completely to the past. Yuan Song had never been the best at expressing his feelings, but he thought he’d done a good enough job of conveying to his wife that he thought that she was a much better match for him in a variety of ways.

In the end, she’d just smiled that soft, mysterious smile of hers and used her actions to show him that she’d believed him. Chu Qiao’s fierceness, confidence, and brashness had stirred him, yet Meng Feng’s reliable, steady strength had brought him through some troubling times. Both women had helped to shape his destiny, so it only seemed right that his wife would go to Green Hills to lend her unique brand of support at a time like this.

As the evening grew later, Yuan Song found himself already anticipating the reunion with his wife and the news that she would bring.

Of course, he mused as he finished eating, the news might just have to wait for later.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, rampantwolfhound said:

I'll be posting this story on FF.net from now on, but since I normally post at this time, I figured I'd get this up here since I'm formatting/editing the earlier chapters. From now on, I'll upload the story on FF.net and will post links.

“…and then, if that parrot can be trusted, she told the doctor that insulting her personality and her child was not an effective method of increasing her levels of peace and tranquility.”

“I’m assuming that you’re...translating for the parrot once again.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Emperor Xiang smiled as he once again enjoyed his favorite briefing of the week. A pregnant Chu Qiao had turned out to be every bit as entertaining as he’d expected her to be, and that parrot had been a gold mine of information. He was already anticipating hearing the upcoming reports about Chu Qiao’s first months of motherhood.

“The bird also repeatedly quoted phrases like, ‘You’re a quack!’ and ‘That’s not what my husband said last night!’”

“Thank you. Do you have anything else to--”

“Report!” a soldier cried out, running up to Xiang’s throne and kneeling.

“Yes? What is it?”

“Your Highness! One of our spies around Red Hills just sent word that the Xiulis are preparing to march!”

Xiang’s good humor disappeared in an instant.

“How many?”

“All of them, Your Highness.”

“All of...”

A thought began to form in his mind, and a smile slowly began to shape his lips. The timing was right, and there was only one thing—one person—who could make the Xiulis take such a risk. He stood up from his throne and was instantly surrounded by attendants.

“Assemble a hundred troops and prepare to move out as soon as possible,” he said to the reporting soldier, who goggled at him.

“Yes, Your Highness!” he said, making the proper farewells before walking away as quickly as he could.

“What are you planning, Your Highness?” his chief eunuch adviser asked him.

“If this is what I think it is, then we have nothing to worry about—although it never hurts to be careful.”

“And what do you think this is, Your Highness?”

“I think it’s time for me to have some fun for a change. In fact, Yuan Song told me in his last letter that I need to make sure that I take some time to do some of the things I want to do regardless of matters of court. I do believe I shall take his advice.”

He left a bewildered eunuch behind as he suddenly strode quickly away from the throne and headed for his rooms. The pitter-patter of attendant feet brought a larger smile to his face.

“Prepare my armor!” he said to one of his servants.

“At once, Your Highness!”

If the Xiulis are going to look their best, then so am I. No ragtag band of ex-rebels is going to upstage the emperor of Wei.

Xiang fidgeted impatiently as his attendants began putting on his armor, hoping that he and his men could reach Green Hills before it was too late.

Xiao Ce had stayed alive as long as he had by utilizing all of the information sources available to him. Over the years, he’d built up a comprehensive spy network that rivaled his sister’s in terms of effectiveness and efficiency. His spies provided him with more information that most people could dream of and were one of the main reasons why he was still the crown prince of Liang.

And yet, these spies could not tell Xiao Ce everything that he wanted to know. For knowledge of the future, he’d found no better—albeit more exasperating—source of news than the stars. True, learning how to read them was a difficult process that could, if you were not careful, lead to disaster based on half-truths and full misunderstandings. The stars had saved his life on occasion, but they had also caused him to be wrong a time or two.

Considering that humans were at least as fallible as his own ability to glean knowledge from the heavens, Xiao Ce was content to take his chances with celestial bodies as much as earthly ones. He was also man enough to admit when he’d been wrong and to be happy when things turned out right against the odds.

Xiao Ce had spent a great deal of time reading the stars last night, wanting to be sure that he’d made no mistakes in his deciphering of their mysteries. He’d already been wrong once about these people and he didn’t want to be so again. But no, the heavens had been quite emphatic that all was—at least for now—well with both Qiao Qiao and her husband.

The young prince smiled wistfully and took a sip of his wine as he reminisced while ensconced in the luxury of his courtyard.

When he’d told Yuwen Yue that he and Qiao Qiao had been fated to meet but not to be together, he hadn’t been lying—at least as far as he’d been able to interpret the will of the heavens. While the stars had shown him the intertwined natures of their fates—and their souls—they had shown him nothing but a jumbled end of pain, hardship, and death. Naturally, he’d wanted to spare both of them such an end and had thus given his advice to the pathetically devoted young master.

Now that he knew what had happened at the icy lake, he couldn’t help but smile at the evident truth that Qiao Qiao had changed her fate and Yuwen Yue’s when she’d regained her memories and her powers. Death and loss had turned to life and love, and Xiao Ce derived a bittersweet satisfaction in keeping track of Qiao Qiao using multiple methods.

As far as he knew, none of the spies that he’d sent to keep watch on the Yuwen family holdings had been discovered. They were good enough to evade those pathetic Wei spies and to...dispose of any of his dear, sweet sister’s people they encountered. Not that she dared to do too much at this point; Xiao Ce knew that she was still emotionally reeling from the knowledge that the penpal she’d fallen for had actually been her worst enemy.

The spy who had imparted that juicy morsel of intel had been rewarded handsomely for her trouble and had become one of his most reliable assets. He’d have to remember to instruct her to write up a detailed account of the upcoming happenings at Green Hills and send it by pigeon so that his sister could “accidentally” intercept it.

A malicious grin spread across Xiao Ce’s face as he imagined his sister learning about the details of the happy event that would soon be occurring at Green Hills. He knew that, unlike himself, she had no knowledge of the stars or of his deepest secrets.

That’s why she’ll always be a step or two behind me—and I intend to keep it that way.

Not that Xiao Ce was naive enough to underestimate his sister; he knew that she’d always be a threat as long as she was alive.

Which will likely be an unfortunately long time—unless fate intervenes, of course.

He’d watched the stars for any such information for years, of course, and would continue to do so. But he also knew that life was unpredictable and that it could surprise you regardless of what the heavens seemed to say. Maybe someday he’d get the better of his sister—or maybe his sister would get the better of him.

But if she does get the better of me and I can escape with my life, I know exactly where I’ll try to go.

Xiao Ce silently raised his wine in a toast to Qiao Qiao, already looking forward to what he would read in the stars that night.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuan Song’s shoulders automatically straightened as he walked between the currently-disarmed dragon traps that lined the corridor to what he knew would be a lonely set of rooms without his wife to share them with him. The ruler of Yanbei knew that the ex-assassin he’d married would’ve teased him about his reaction to the dragons just as she always did when she was there with him.

He armed the traps as soon as he reached the door, smiling wistfully as he remembered the earnest, firm admonitions to do so that had come from his wife before she’d left. While he knew that Meng Feng could take care of herself, he still missed her terribly whenever she was gone and worried about her well-being. Give the circumstances, however, he could hardly have told her not to do what she’d felt compelled to do.

The truth was, both of them owed Yuwen Yue more than they could ever repay. Were it not for the generous actions and nature of the young master of Green Hills Courtyard, both of them would’ve been long dead and would never even have met each other. Yuwen Yue had seen the potential in both of them and had played an integral role in helping them to become the rulers of Yanbei.

When Meng Feng had started getting restless a week or so ago after they had received Yuwen Yue’s latest letter, Yuan Song hadn’t been surprised. While he knew that his wife was in love with and faithful to him completely, he also knew that she felt a bond of kinship with her former master that was compelling her to be nearby just in case someone tried to make trouble. Their old friend would, after all, be completely focused on Chu Qiao and might not be able to recognize trouble until it was right on his doorstep.

Yuan Song shook his head and chuckled. He and his wife knew full well that Yuwen Yue could handle anything that came his way—especially if that something was trying to hurt Chu Qiao. But since he was so familiar with his wife’s protectiveness, he went along with her rationalizing and let her go with his blessing. Both he and his wife knew how quickly life could change and how a single person could mean the difference between defeat and victory.

A bevy of attendants came in through the servants’ entrance and brought in what seemed like enough food to feed an army, and Yuan Song missed his wife’s presence more than ever. She would’ve helped him to eat as much of the food as possible and then to laugh at the absurdity of it all after the servants had left them alone. These times when Meng Feng was gone brought home to him just how vital she’d become to his life—and how bereft he felt when she wasn’t with him.

To think that Yuwen Yue survived years apart from Chu Qiao with no concrete hope that she’d ever return his love or return to him.

Yuan Song shook his head in amazement and took a sip of wine before starting his meal.

He figured that his wife had likely reached Green Hills a few days ago and had found some suitably shadowy place to hide in while waiting for Chu Qiao to give birth. While he had complete faith in his wife’s abilities, he also had an unshakable anxiety that plagued him whenever she wasn’t by his side. Yuan Song understood that this was completely irrational since Meng Feng was much more likely to protect him than the other way around, but since when was love ever rational anyway?

Chu Qiao’s image flashed through his mind. He’d been completely honest with his wife about the feelings that he used to have for Chu Qiao, but he’d assured her that all of those emotions belonged completely to the past. Yuan Song had never been the best at expressing his feelings, but he thought he’d done a good enough job of conveying to his wife that he thought that she was a much better match for him in a variety of ways.

In the end, she’d just smiled that soft, mysterious smile of hers and used her actions to show him that she’d believed him. Chu Qiao’s fierceness, confidence, and brashness had stirred him, yet Meng Feng’s reliable, steady strength had brought him through some troubling times. Both women had helped to shape his destiny, so it only seemed right that his wife would go to Green Hills to lend her unique brand of support at a time like this.

As the evening grew later, Yuan Song found himself already anticipating the reunion with his wife and the news that she would bring.

Of course, he mused as he finished eating, the news might just have to wait for later.

yeah plz post links thanks

• Like 4

I miss you all guys....My heart is swelling with happiness having read the fanfics @40somethingahjumma  @rampantwolfhound OMG...Yue Qi is alive...hahahaha....I also like the story tidbits of Xiao Ce because obviously i'm also fond of him...I want to know more about him...There's nothing been said much about him in the drama...LOL...Yuan Song's married life was interesting... :heart: Thank you guys...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Florina Culincu said:

So quiet now, miss all the chats from while PA was still on :bawling:

Quiet, but still one of the most active threads here. I have a feeling we could get a S2 so maybe once news come out it will be lively again. :D 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Florina Culincu said:

guess some fans would want to see him without the outfits LOL:grin:

He looked stunning in all of them :blush:

Another wishful thinking lol.  He looked good in every one of these robes except when we could see his "little tummy" though he's so lean.

• Like 3