[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

25 minutes ago, cenching said:

@40somethingahjumma, @litia, those supposedly cut scenes contained mostly in the book like after bathroom scene YWY combed her hair which is I doubt happen in the drama bcoz we can see XE the one did her own hair. In the book, as a time traveler XE has no idea how to uses ancient make up and hairdo so during the prep time YWY the one did it for her but in this drama we can see clearly she did it herself...The internal monoloque of XE during that scene also happen in the book where she expressed regret bcoz in the book she stabbed YWY which is didn't happen in drama too....

For 60 plus episodes none of the scenes contain any internal monologues so scratch that too.....If there is a bandage act during one day maid, it's mean they reversed the sequence of the scene bcoz in the drama after YWY get wounded they had a meal and there is no sight of any bandage.

Also kissing scene in the temple that said interrupted by YQ, in the drama it showed YWY left XE with no YQ in sight....I don't know how they cut it...

So I think that piece of news not all are correct....

Yeah I doubt all of them are true, but at least we know these scenes are cut and they fit the list:

89ee6e084b36acaff90a9f0576d98d1000e99c67

43e82100213fb80ea464682e3cd12f2eb8389490

cfb0d31249540923dfdd6a879858d109b2de4990

So for now I will take solace in the thought there was a truly happy ending for out OTP.

• Like 11

@cenching You could be right and it might just be someone's wishful thinking, seeing that we have no idea where this information is coming from. I suppose rumours are rife right now because there's so much discontent with the ending (and the latter half of the series) so it's easy to believe that they did cut out certain scenes. 

Maybe it's good in some ways to get these accusations out there so that Ciwen and Hunan will be forced to go into damage control and give an explanation.

As for internal dialogue, I seem to remember a few here and there. I seem to remember YX thinking while he was launching his final assault on YWY something about CQ thinking that he had changed but he hadn't really because this is what he had in mind all along. Sorry, I'm too tired to think properly. Didn't CQ also have an internal monologue in her bedroom when YX was stalking her room and saying stuff about her being the only one left and he needed her? Didn't she say (not out loud) that they were no longer companions walking the same road.

Edited to add:

Another one that I remember is when YWY was riding off to save XE from her fake death. I think he said, "Wait for me XE... etc etc".

He Xiao at the icy lake too. "Lady Chu... Take care" or something like that.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Why there is kiss scene at temple..  I felt cheated by ciwen....  Where is the kissing 

38 minutes ago, hanalove9 said:

That's extensive.... Those parts actually the soul of the story... We viewers could feel more connected with the characters (XE-YWY) if we knew all those facts, not left with our wild interpretions... And all those were changed with fillers???  I hope ZLY - LGX next dramas will get better treatment than this  (for now I distrust Ciwen and Hunan)

I only know the strangest part is at the end episode ... suddenly ywy already in icy lake fighting with that giant haha confused me lol .. just .. what the hell hahaha usually they r bout yanbei n wasting more than 30s episodes all bout yanbei n dragging ... but at the end they like rush hour 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, windyzz09 said:

Still rumor. And ZLY will be very busy until the later half of 2018. I hope we can get the old cast together or at least the 3 main ones, but ZLY has never accepted season 2 of any dramas she acted. :(

Legend chusen part 2 also

8 minutes ago, Robin Robin said:

Is there legend of chusen 2 air ? But i see in google and youtube, i never found it 

Yes, there is. But mostly abt Xiao Fan trying to revive Bi Yao, But from what I heard, actually it was part of Chusen I. But there was some regulatiom abt the length of one season or something so they divided it into two season (part 1 and 2). Chusen 2 aired not long after Chusen 1 ended. So basically it just one season that dividef into 2 parts. 

Right now they are filming season 3 with different casts (not ZLY and LYF), some people even said the story will make Xiao Fan not end up with B Yao but another girl (the character previously played by Yang Zi---can't remember the name)

1 hour ago, cenching said:

@40somethingahjumma, @litia, those supposedly cut scenes contained mostly in the book like after bathroom scene YWY combed her hair which is I doubt happen in the drama bcoz we can see XE the one did her own hair. In the book, as a time traveler XE has no idea how to uses ancient make up and hairdo so during the prep time YWY the one did it for her but in this drama we can see clearly she did it herself...The internal monoloque of XE during that scene also happen in the book where she expressed regret bcoz in the book she stabbed YWY which is didn't happen in drama too....

For 60 plus episodes none of the scenes contain any internal monologues so scratch that too.....If there is a bandage act during one day maid, it's mean they reversed the sequence of the scene bcoz in the drama after YWY get wounded they had a meal and there is no sight of any bandage.

Also kissing scene in the temple that said interrupted by YQ, in the drama it showed YWY left XE with no YQ in sight....I don't know how they cut it...

So I think that piece of news not all are correct....

so the actor who played YQ said in an interview that he interrupted a kiss between YWY and XE. That he walked in on them kissing, that is why fans think that was cut. They also believe they did film a proper ending and it was cut. Some even said that LGX disappointed with the ending as if he was expecting something else and ZLY was trying to comfort him with her post. Also LGX's interview made the ending sound much better. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@cenching You could be right and it might just be someone's wishful thinking, seeing that we have no idea where this information is coming from. I suppose rumours are rife right now because there's so much discontent with the ending (and the latter half of the series) so it's easy to believe that they did cut out certain scenes. 

Maybe it's good in some ways to get these accusations out there so that Ciwen and Hunan will be forced to go into damage control and give an explanation.

As for internal dialogue, I seem to remember a few here and there. I seem to remember YX thinking while he was launching his final assault on YWY something about CQ thinking that he had changed but he hadn't really because this is what he had in mind all along. Sorry, I'm too tired to think properly. Didn't CQ also have an internal monologue in her bedroom when YX was stalking her room and saying stuff about her being the only one left and he needed her? Didn't she say (not out loud) that they were no longer companions walking the same road.

Edited to add:

Another one that I remember is when YWY was riding off to save XE from her fake death. I think he said, "Wait for me XE... etc etc".

He Xiao at the icy lake too. "Lady Chu... Take care" or something like that.

I think most of those are true. I remember in one of the tibbits ZLY is eating oranges and she says those lines, it seemed like they were rehearsing. I remember that episode was cut all over the place and we noticed they had deleted a lot, which made it hard to understand. There are bts of LGX teaching her to fly since they are wearing Castle Peak clothes and the wings. 

It would also make sense to have internal monologues at certain points where we didnt know what they were thinking. 

Ciwen honestly did such a poor job. I hope ZLY and LGX never work with them again.

18 minutes ago, Robin Robin said:

Is there legend of chusen 2 air ? But i see in google and youtube, i never found it 

is on Viki and youtube

2 minutes ago, hanalove9 said:

Yes, there is. But mostly abt Xiao Fan trying to revive Bi Yao, But from what I heard, actually it was part of Chusen I. But there was some regulatiom abt the length of one season or something so they divided it into two season (part 1 and 2). Chusen 2 aired not long after Chusen 1 ended. So basically it just one season that dividef into 2 parts. 

Right now they are filming season 3 with different casts (not ZLY and LYF), some people even said the story will make Xiao Fan not end up with B Yao but another girl (the character previously played by Yang Zi---can't remember the name)

SARF only allows certain portion of airing dramas to be ancient dramas and I think due to low TV ratings Hunan sold it off, that is why the second season aired in another channel. They filmed Chusen in one go then divided it into two seasons. I saw that too about the sequel. Biyao and Xiao Fan are pretty popular and fans are mad (even if that is how it happens in the novel) and they are also mad about different actors. 

• Like 3

I am so mad they cut so many scenes. :angry::angry:

Hunan and Ciwen are a horrible combo. I hope CIwen ruins their reputation and no actors are willing to work with them and less authors are willing to sell their books to them. ZLY has made them so much money with Journey of Flower and PA, but they still chose to butcher a story to make extra money. Another thing about Ciwen they don't advertise their dramas. PA had very little publicity since Ciwen's CEO has said before he doesn't want to waste money advertising. Not advertising increases their final revenue. What a greedy greedy company. They care very little about the hard work of the actors or about satisfying their viewers with a complete story. 

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Robin Robin said:

Chusen 2 already air last year dec. 

Zly only appear few..  Most scene was taken from session one as flash back due to zly busy schedule. 

Only cuo dian..  Season 2 .. Zly appear more with li ji and han dong (liu shi shi teacher at lost love in time). 

Youtube should have. U search use the chinese title. 

20 minutes ago, hanalove9 said:

Xue qi (zxf senior) the one who played ode to joy and dragon pearl. Her name is yang zi. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jolin_chan said:

I remember back then at TJOF's thread someone mention about this,that MC's TV station only has certain slot every year for traditional custome drama (Wuxia, Xianxia, Palace Drama) and like @cenching said Hunan already put other drama to air after PA's end. So with that much sponsor that want their artist getting more screen time, the lack back up one (in this case would be LGX who didn't have any big company behind him) will get cut, so that Hunan can still mantain their scheduling plan. Either these, or they just want to milking the success of PA into season 2. Because with the different time slot that they gave to PA's last 3 episodes, they should be able to used that time slot for additional episodes?

And I used to think back then at TJOF, that the one who make those cut and bad editing and bad CGI will be the director (sorry Ms Director Lin Yu Fen, I know I'm wrong now). But the director of TJOF next project is Love 020, TMPOB, LLiT and all 3 not have that bad cut, bad editing and bad CGI, so the culprit all along must be Ciwen Media then?

If it is, I really hope the cast of PA and other actor/actress will rethink hard if they want to sign project with Ciwen then, so that Ciwen could also learn to stop their bad business act and not make a lot of viewers feel these miserable after giving them such a high viewer rating and success.

@dashmount20 Yup I think the 'force kiss' is that one - the one that happen at XC's place, when XC lied to YWY that CQ already left, and then YWY found her at the courtyard and give her a long hug, and before YWY left, he gave her a kiss and his famous line : I need you too, can you feel it?

i hope and want LGX to make it big as if its true his screentime got reduced because of not having a sponsor/big company behind him then its truly an insult to an actor's acting skills as LGX was the the reason PA became such a hit alongside ZLY of course.  i must commend and salute LGX for getting this far on his own as not many can do or achieve his success without backup.

1 hour ago, Robin Robin said:

Is it real that there will be PA season 2 ??? 

Or still rumors ?

hi @Robin Robin, its all still rumours sadly.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Dear Me... so many! Okay, I'll do my best...

Missing Scenes (according to what's stated here)

1. After the lantern festival/meet, XE was pursued to be murdered by the Afterlife Camp, YWY saves her.

2. YWY teaches XE to write

3. YWY teaches XE to use the flying contraption

4. XE's fake death rescue

5. After XE's fake death, YWY drinks and reminisces about XE (accompanied by a monologue)

6. YWY's development at the border (Yeah, I was wondering about this)

7. After YWY and XE exchange swords, XE goes back to YX's place and sees the bell (accompanied by monologue)

8. Dialogue between YWY and XE when fighting in the palace

9. Discussing the bell during the one day spent as maid and when bandaging the cut

10. Monologue after XE returns to YX's place when she completes one day as (YWY's) maid

11. Spa/Bathroom kiss contains internal monologue by both parties. They spend the night on the same bed. The next day, YWY combs XE's hair

12. XE beats the Yue guards unconscious to rescue Minister Liang

13. During YWY's force kiss of XE, there's an internal monologue from XE. After this there's deep painful sadness expressed by both parties in respective internal monologues

14. After XE returns to Yanbei she meets up with Mr Wu

15. XE's internal monologue as she plays the bili flute

16. Battle between YWY and YX at Chang'an

17. YWY rescues XE at Hong Chuan city and gets injured (I think)

18. Kissing scene at Shan Shen temple

19. Extended scene of YX's plan to kill YWY (I think)

20. How XE breaks YX's trap

21. Icy lake scene between both parties (Not sure which two. Most probably XE and YX)

22. Scene after the icy lake

Based on the list above, I think there's a high possibility it is true.  For combing of XE's hair, it was YWY who chose her dress and he did mentioned twice to make-up to look like a lady while giving the dress to XE and afterwards when YWY stood behind XE looking at her in the mirror.  

I can picture YWY with his deadpan look just take the comb and start to comb XE's hair initially because knowing her, XE would have rebel just for the sake of it.  Such as wore the dress but refused to make-up.  So YWY combed the her hair before she maybe wrestled the comb then finally pretty herself up.

Wow...from the cut scenes, can easily see aside from callously butchering XE/CQ's character until she became opaque.  LQX's scenes got cut severely as well especially with him being self-represent (his name is not attach to any big names agencies). Even with such reduced scenes, the fandom still in throes with the OTP.  Both should be proud with their talent since they were able to convey convincingly all the emotions for us to root for their characters.  

I also remembered the monologues (the handful of them) from YWY, XE/CQ and YX as mentioned by @40somethingahjumma

Add:  

I think the cut footage will be used in the PA2 so basically if Ciwen mentioning to get hold of the same casts, just a statement for statement sake because they can easily make about 10-12 episodes from the unused footage scenes.  Because started from episode 20 above the transitioning from one scene to another was abrupt and choppy.  Hiring new casts to take on the side roles would be piece of a cake for Ciwen.  Just imagined how much many money and profit both Ciwen and Hunan TV are able to grab from this series.

LQX was truly splendid in PA because his cold demeanor and on top of the cut scenes but yet he was able to take and make YWY's character to be understood by the viewers, I'm really glad and he so richly deserve all the accolades to become the media darling now.  Hope he break the box-office and thumb his nose to Ciwen and Hunan TV.

Personally, I really hope all the 3 leads - ZLY, LQX and SD would not come back to shoot for PA2 but instead to collaborate in other future projects.  I also would like to see ZLY take on the role as producer like Fan Bing Bing in Empress of China.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If having a straightforward happy ending is important to you then yes, you probably won't like it much. But it isn't a sad ending as much as it's an open ending. So you might not want to wade through almost 60 episodes just to get a cliffhanger ending.

When the show was good it was really good especially the romance but when the show was at its lowest, it could be immensely frustrating.

Flawed as it was, I really did love the show, the male lead in particular. I never thought I would but I'm suffering withdrawals. I was reasonably satisfied with how Moon Lovers ended but with this show, I wanted more for the OTP.

Maybe I'll have to write my own fanfic to get that. :tongue:

I have not much time to devote to dramas so I try to be selective and I don't mind open endings if the main drama had more romance I can take that but if there is mainly conflict and then an open ending I tend to not want to invest in it at all. 

I used to watch Chinese shows in Malaysia since young with Malay subtitles but they were mainly from Taiwan and Hong Kong. I know some really old Taiwanese actors from the 60's and 70's but I stopped watching them as I grew up. I have always been a huge fan of Japanese anime so when I started watching Korean dramas it also rekindled my Chinese drama urge but Mainland Chinese is a new craze for me. Japanese manga used to be a wonderful source for them but I had not even read any Korean manhwa and Chinese Manhua but I am saddened by how poor the translations are and I think so much of the beauty and nuance is lost. It's a little unfair that Korean stuff get such good translations and the Chinese ones well it's rare to find good ones but I am happy to even get any at all so no complaints since beggars cannot be choosers. I am not being critical of the subbling but it's noticeable when there are very well subbed dramas you get to actually appreciate the beauty of the dialogue.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The_Joker said:

Based on the list above, I think there's a high possibility it is true.  For combing of XE's hair, it was YWY who chose her dress and he did mentioned twice to make-up to look like a lady while giving the dress to XE and afterwards when YWY stood behind XE looking at her in the mirror.  

I can picture YWY with his deadpan look just take the comb and start to comb XE's hair initially because knowing her, XE would have rebel just for the sake of it.  Such as wore the dress but refused to make-up.  So YWY combed the her hair before she maybe wrestled the comb then finally pretty herself up.

Wow...from the cut scenes, can easily see aside from callously butchering XE/CQ's character until she became opaque.  LQX's scenes got cut severely as well especially with him being self-represent (his name is not attach to any big names agencies). Even with such reduced scenes, the fandom still in throes with the OTP.  Both should be proud with their talent since they were able to convey convincingly all the emotions for us to root for their characters.  

I also remembered the monologues (the handful of them) from YWY, XE/CQ and YX as mentioned by @40somethingahjumma

Add:  

I think the cut footage will be used in the PA2 so basically if Ciwen mentioning to get hold of the same casts, just a statement for statement sake because they can easily make about 10-12 episodes from the unused footage scenes.  Because started from episode 20 above the transitioning from one scene to another was abrupt and choppy.  Hiring new casts to take on the side roles would be piece of a cake for Ciwen.  Just imagined how much many money and profit both Ciwen and Hunan TV are able to grab from this series.

LQX was truly splendid in PA because his cold demeanor and on top of the cut scenes but yes he was able to take and make YWY's character to be understood by the viewers, I'm really glad and he so richly deserve all the accolades to become the media darling now.  Hope he break the box-office and thumb his nose to Ciwen and Hunan TV.

Personally, I really hope all the 3 leads - ZLY, LQX and SD would not come back to shoot for PA2 but instead to collaborate in other future projects.  I also would like to see ZLY take on the role as producer like Fan Bing Bing in Empress of China.

I want them to collaborate in future projects definitely.  But @The_Joker, I need LGX, ZLY and SD to do PA2 for no one other than LGX and ZLY especially can reprise the roles of YWY and XE to give fans full satisfaction.  Further,  if there is indeed a PA2 i would still watch it if its the same main leads in it just so i can get complete closure.  

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I am so mad they cut so many scenes. :angry::angry:

Hunan and Ciwen are a horrible combo. I hope CIwen ruins their reputation and no actors are willing to work with them and less authors are willing to sell their books to them. ZLY has made them so much money with Journey of Flower and PA, but they still chose to butcher a story to make extra money. Another thing about Ciwen they don't advertise their dramas. PA had very little publicity since Ciwen's CEO has said before he doesn't want to waste money advertising. Not advertising increases their final revenue. What a greedy greedy company. They care very little about the hard work of the actors or about satisfying their viewers with a complete story. 

I agree with you... I wish something BIG happen that will make them regret this.

side note: @mrsyooknit thank you for Advisor Alliance. My husband said it's really good :D

• Like 1

You know what the sad irony is... that PA was a victim of its own success. Really ironic. When a Korean drama is successful ratings wise, they often go for episode extensions, reward the cast and crew with a holiday overseas. (Maybe it's one of the benefits on not being totally reliant on private sponsors for funding) But when a Mainland Chinese drama like PA is successful ratings wise, what do they do... they cut it up, reduce the screen time of the very actors who made the show a huge success in the first place so that they can save them for an unconfirmed second series?!!!

Frankly with so many scenes cut, they should be showing an extended edition (like in Lord of the Rings) not making PA Series 2. I can't see how they can feature these cut scenes as flashbacks. 

No wonder I was thinking towards the end that CQ had become quite boring.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

You know what the sad irony is... that PA was a victim of its own success. Really ironic. When a Korean drama is successful ratings wise, they often go for episode extensions, reward the cast and crew with a holiday overseas. (Maybe it's one of the benefits on not being totally reliant on private sponsors for funding) But when a Mainland Chinese drama like PA is successful ratings wise, what do they do... they cut it up, reduce the screen time of the very actors who made the show a huge success in the first place. 

Frankly with so many scenes cut, they should be showing an extended edition (like in Lord of the Rings) not making PA Series 2. I can't see how they can feature these cut scenes as flashbacks. 

No wonder I was thinking towards the end that CQ had become quite boring.

I think only Hunan would let this happen, but then I am reminded of The Mystic Nine. Towards the end, they cut a lot of scenes with the main cast and they were trying to push the supporting cast. Even WC said in an interview that he felt it was a shame they edited and cut so much of the story. 

You have to be careful which production company you work with, I think ZLY learned her lesson with Ciwen. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think only Hunan would let this happen, but then I am reminded of The Mystic Nine. Towards the end, they cut a lot of scenes with the main cast and they were trying to push the supporting cast. Even WC said in an interview that he felt it was a shame they edited and cut so much of the story. 

You have to be careful which production company you work with, I think ZLY learned her lesson with Ciwen

The main reason why I think ZLY won't be back for PA2. She is a big fan of the book and worked the hardest for the drama but look what happens. But who knows? Miracle does happen....:D

I am waiting forward for ZLY-LGX future collaboration if any....

• Like 5