[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Firstly, I'm very, very nervous about going down that route of saying that CE should be blamed for her recent misfortunes. Because for me that would be providing those men with any kind of justification for what they did. Just because a woman is silly and idiotically naive about a man who doesn't love her, does not mean that she deserves to be sexually violated. The wrongfulness of rape is not dependant on the victim's IQ nor should it be. CE has been very silly... absolutely BUT YX and CQ have never been backwards about using her when it suits them. 

While I think she's ridiculous to blame CQ for all her woes but I can see why she does and I've already explained why. If we can accept that YWY has unconditional love for CQ and admire him for it... why can't we accept that CE has unconditional love for YX? Because everyone who dares to, tells YWY in no uncertain terms that he's an idiot for pining over a woman who is off with another man and has most probably had sexual relations with him already. He may suspect that she still has feelings for him but he cannot be sure because the last time he was in bed with her :wink: , he ended up coming to the conclusion that she was using him. As many here have noted, CQ doesn't exactly treat him all that well and called him a despicable man at their last encounter when he's saved her many times.

YX and CQ were going to rebel anyway, marriage or no marriage. 

Secondly, I think I really need to make myself clearer on this point because I probably did use a bad example. When i say that YX had a choice, I meant was that i) he chose life over death, ii) when he chose to survive, he chose to use an entire course of action that required the loss of innocent lives. In that scheme, he had to lie and people had to die. That was definitely within his calculations. Because if YX had chosen to let himself be killed, then one could argue that a lot of lives could have been preserved. My question for him and for CQ is this... Even if there is justification for taking revenge, what gives them the right to take action? What makes YX and CQ more important than the shopkeeper down the street or the woman who was raped on that street that day? Do they have a divine mandate stating that their lives are worth more than the men and women who get caught in the crossfire? Can they really take the high moral ground here if they are making life and death decisions on behalf of others? What if the shopkeeper has a son who's in the army with Yuwen Yue's dad and he returns to find his dad dead? What if he decides he needs avenge his dead and go after YX?

I'm just asking the questions here. :D

It is true that the emperor would have preferred YX to be dead except that he promised that he would let him go free. But the emperor didn't want people to think that he was someone who did not keep his word. More than that he didn't want YX to go back to YB. I believe if survival was all that was on their minds, then politically there could have been other solutions. But it wasn't just about survival for them.

I think there's a misunderstanding about CE being raped is ok. What I was trying to say is that if everyone is blaming CQ for this calamity- she should take responsibility for her actions, then CE will have to.  She made the choice to go after YX which resulted in her misfortune. Was it you or someone said that a choice comes with a consequence?  I did not say raping her is fine. That's why I said I hate to say it but if we put it that way, she's responsible for her action too.  CE's love for YX is unconditional, I know that.  But you know it seems like she didn't know anything about her surrounding at all.  She's trying to protect YX, but ends up making it worse. If she didn't bring the marriage to the Emperor, he probably didn't see an opportunity to kill YX yet.  Like you said, the Emperor promised not to kill YX, but he can't let YX stay alive. So, he has to kill YX under the table.  
In this drama, everyone of them has a fair share in contributing to this calamity including YWY too.  

P/S I just don't understand after all this bad things happened, the Emperor is safe and sound in the palace.  Misfortune went to others, but not him.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

he asks her for a massage and I dont think she recognized his voice (how cant you recognize him?) YWY seems suspicious. I dont think he would normally ask for a massage. 

They are leaving us right before :bawling:  But next week is all about XingYue. I am hoping YWY finally gets some appreciation. 

Tbh I honestly don't get how either of them can't recognize the other, but PA does have some slack writing here and there, so I really have no idea if they're supposed to recognize each other or not. Like you've said, YWY seems suspicious, and with him being so 'li hai', it would make a lot more sense that he does. 

Let's make next week YWY Appreciation Week :wub: precious cinnamon roll is due for some loving lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lindasxx said:

I think there's a misunderstanding about CE being raped is ok. What I was trying to say is that if everyone is blaming CQ for this calamity- she should take responsibility for her actions, then CE will have to.  She made the choice to go after YX which resulted in her misfortune. Was it you or someone said that a choice comes with a consequence?  I did not say raping her is fine. That's why I said I hate to say it but if we put it that way, she's responsible for her action too.  CE's love for YX is unconditional, I know that.  But you know it seems like she didn't know anything about her surrounding at all.  She's trying to protect YX, but ends up making it worse. If she didn't bring the marriage to the Emperor, he probably didn't see an opportunity to kill YX yet.  Like you said, the Emperor promised not to kill YX, but he can't let YX stay alive. So, he has to kill YX under the table.  
In this drama, everyone of them has a fair share in contributing to this calamity including YWY too.  

P/S I just don't understand after all this bad things happened, the Emperor is safe and sound in the palace.  Misfortune went to others, but not him.

I think a lot of us are trying to explain it from her point of view. If I was CE, how would I feel? who would I think deserves the most blame? etc. I think for many reasons CQ is the obvious one for her. 

If you were just brutalized, do you think you would think it is your fault? No, her actions were dumb. But they were just a small piece of what let to her tragedy. Had YX not rebelled, this wouldn't have happened. You have to think that she already didnt want him to rebel. Then who helped YX rebel? Who was the person that instigated this? The answer is CQ. So in her eyes CQ is the one responsible for everything. She already felt that without CQ things would be much better between her and YX. She helped YX so much during all those years, but he never appreciated it he just used her. Why did he appreciate this slave more than her sacrifices? etc. 

As I said before, a lot of people contributed to this tragedy: YX, CQ, YWY, YS, and CE ( of course the soldiers too but I am talking about more main characters) 

• Like 6

They gave us the BTS ahead of the scene as a consolation bcoz they felt slightly guilty of cutting off the episode on the crucial moment....:grin: 

6 minutes ago, centuryold3 said:

Tbh I honestly don't get how either of them can't recognize the other, but PA does have some slack writing here and there, so I really have no idea if they're supposed to recognize each other. Like you've said, YWY seems suspicious, and with him being so 'li hai', it would make a lot more sense that he does. 

Let's make next week YWY Appreciation Week :wub: precious cinnamon roll is due for some loving lol

According to the book the room supposed to full of steam and YWY was having cold(?)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, centuryold3 said:

Tbh I honestly don't get how either of them can't recognize the other, but PA does have some slack writing here and there, so I really have no idea if they're supposed to recognize each other. Like you've said, YWY seems suspicious, and with him being so 'li hai', it would make a lot more sense that he does. 

I can see him not recognizing her bc he doesnt see her until the very end and she only said one word. Now her not recognizing his voice doesnt make sense. In the book, they hadn't seen each other in a while. But in the drama they were together not that long ago so...

And yes the drama has some weak writing at times. Continuation problems (like where are the bells???). It is like all their brain cells went into the characters. 

next week will be YWY week :wub: sappy YWY, he deserves some love

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lindasxx said:

That was why I said before there is a better way to get a revenge instead of what they chose to do........They sacrificed a lot people for nothing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I can see him not recognizing her bc he doesnt see her until the very end and she only said one word. Now her not recognizing his voice doesnt make sense. In the book, they hadn't seen each other in a while. But in the drama they were together not that long ago so...

And yes the drama has some weak writing at times. Continuation problems (like where are the bells???). It is like all their brain cells went into the characters. 

next week will be YWY week :wub: sappy YWY, he deserves some love

I think YWY recognised XE's voice from EP 48 TV Version at 3.45  as he turned to look at the slave girl (its XE btw) when she spoke and he sorta like recognised her voice then which is why he asked for the massage.  But XE doesnt seem to.  

• Like 3

Just now, cenching said:

Last part, XE takes the poisonous needle for YWY......:wub:

So as hard as XE tried to ward him off or hide her feelings for him, action speaks louder than words for these two hah.  She's finally proven to herself that she loves YWY more than herself when she stood in front of him and took those needles to protect him yet again. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think a lot of us are trying to explain it from her point of view. If I was CE, how would I feel? who would I think deserves the most blame? etc. I think for many reasons CQ is the obvious one for her. 

If you were just brutalized, do you think you would think it is your fault? No, her actions were dumb. But they were just a small piece of what let to her tragedy. Had YX not rebelled, this wouldn't have happened. You have to think that she already didnt want him to rebel. Then who helped YX rebel? Who was the person that instigated this? The answer is CQ. So in her eyes CQ is the one responsible for everything. She already felt that without CQ things would be much better between her and YX. She helped YX so much during all those years, but he never appreciated it he just used her. Why did he appreciate this slave more than her sacrifices? etc. 

As I said before, a lot of people contributed to this tragedy: YX, CQ, YWY, YS, and CE ( of course the soldiers too but I am talking about more main characters) 

I just hope that she will wake up soon.  ( I know it's impossible because she's turning to the dark side like YX too.)

Just now, gentlelily12 said:

So as hard as XE tried to ward him off or hide her feelings for him, action speaks louder than words for these two hah.  She's finally proven to herself that she loves YWY more than herself when she stood in front of him and took those needles to protect him yet again. 

Maybe the effect of the kiss.....:wub:

• Like 3

@mrsyooknit and @buttercup04 thank you for sharing the BTS video. It's soo funny.

I am soo happy they gave us a little treat before our long waiting. Lol! :lol:

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

Last part, XE takes the poisonous needle for YWY......:wub:

I am just happy they are together. Hopefully we get a lot of YWY/XE scenes and that they'll patch things up like QUICKLY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

I hope she figures it out that she partially cares and falling for him without realizing it. 

• Like 4

Nice BTS videos to keep us occupied till Monday next.  I love LGX and ZLY's chemistry bts especially the part when he pats her head and she's cool abt him doing that.  I like the ending song something "...Very "Mei"". Nice! Really nice...now i wish they are real.

• Like 6