[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

I can not forget the look on YWY's face though, when he trying his last attempt to convince CQ not to go with YX (before he let her climb the palace's wall), is like a teacher (finally) letting go of his student, to experience the hard truth of the world out there, because the student is too stubborn to digest her teacher's words (of wisdom?). YWY did warn her. YS did offer her to change side. But now, the bad blood of YX's revenge is also splashing at CQ.

I also thought at first, that I will not tolerate CQ anymore if after what happened to YS and CE, CQ still go to YX's side. But I think it's inevitable, because CQ promise Xiuli Army to take them home, hence she will go to Yanbei, and her arrival won't be an incognito one (if she is not taking the Xiuli Army, she just can go there unnoticed, to investigate more about her mother), so she must meet YX and unavoidably stay by his side, whether she already learnt how bad YX had become now. I still curious to what CQ reactions gonna be when she found out that YX is the one ordering YS and CE to be put to death (but this also leads them to the conditions that is worse than death, especially CE :bawling::angry: ). 

And I have to protest to the script writer and PH, why you didn't give us a lovey dovey normal scene, but allow shooting slaves, raped to show on this drama? Won't that be a worse scenes to be showed up??? :angry::angry::angry:

Im sure she will still follkw YX as that what she always wanted she doesnt have a mind anyway she just go with the flow haha im sori for my word

1 hour ago, lindasxx said:

While I do understand many of you guys saying that CQ deserved this or that, and that she should take the blame for this calamity.  She's 18 at this time and their lives are on the edge.  They knew that the Emperor threw out this marriage to kill YX.  Some may argue that there are other methods or ways to escape.  Remember, their hands and feet are tied.  There are eyes watching them everywhere, plus there are like 100 camps of the Emperor outside of Chang'An.  If they don't strike back, they will just wait for their deaths.  If they strike back, many lives will be lost.  What if they were able to escape without striking? Yanbei is still very far from Chang'An and it takes a long journey to get there.  The Emperor's army will chase after them.  It's hard to make a decision in a situation where everything is limited.  i don't know why but I understand CQ.  She did show her moral side.  When YX killed Zhao Xifeng, you can see it through CQ's expression.  It's like her moral conscience  is pulling her back.  And that moral conscience is growing bigger and bigger as they continue their journey.  I have to say that Zhao Li Ying did a great job portraying CQ.  If I have time, I will capture those expressions or make gifs.  

CQ will learn to understand and know things/everything.  Her character development will grow, just give her some more time as we know how she's like in the novel.

The person I say should take the blame is the Emperor himself.  He is an Emperor who is unsecured and feared of having his throne taking away.  When you are this feared as a ruler, you are considered a weak ruler.  And I would say he needs to be replaced by someone; 7th Prince should take the throne.  What kind of Emperor would execute his right hand general and his whole family just because he feared that that general is going to rebel.  And one thing I don't like about this Emperor is that he wanted to balance out everyone's power.  Like he knew that YWH is a bad guy, yet he still gave YWH power just to balance it out with YWY.  As a ruler, you want to take out the bad guys and give those good and royal ones power, so they can help you with your country.  Plus slaves's lives are treating like grass and noble families can play with these slaves' lives like toys. So, his ruling is not good at all.  
Yanbei and Northern Liang don't even have this kind of human hunting.  It is only in the Wei state.

Agreed!   CE should also take responsibility for her own action as well. Yes she was innocent and blinded by love. After many warning from many people and even slapped out by her mother she still refuse to listen. Perhaps she must be thinking oh my father order the massacre his whole family maybe if i married him i can take care of him and try to make it up to him..? Understandable that she wants revenge but she should do a self reflection and understand why she got to her situation. AS for YS he was such a lovely and adorable character, but at a time of chaos and having witness how things can change overnight.  I wish his character had plan B. Sorry for the weak soul, this is a series about slavery... you would expect to see death, thief, rapes and lots of beating. Try to breath. These next few episodes may be too dark for for some viewers, but it is needed we can't have just love scene of CQ and YWY skipping together in a field of flowers 

• Like 3

I just want my CQ to lead the army and show off her badass martial arts skill. I was just so tired of watching weak bum heroines. CQ is like a ray of sunshine (although she still requires saving and gets princess carried sometimes). CQ is smart, strong, badass but the only downside is, she's got zero experience in lalalaLove. We, women, need more Mulans and Chu Qiaos in our Asian dramas. 

Anyone noticed that this drama is screaming women empowerment (minus that rape scene)? Yan Xun's helpers are mostly female. His mother is badass and wise. Chu Qiao is badass. Xiao Yu, the Liang princess, is smart and cunning. The imperial concubines were smart too!

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Kim Da said:

Im sure she will still follkw YX as that what she always wanted she doesnt have a mind anyway she just go with the flow haha im sori for my word

No, honey. Have you been watching attentively? CQ has her own mind that's why she dared to rebel against YWY. She isn't just going with the flow. She won't be the heroine if she just goes with the flow.

• Like 7

Hi all, delurking for a moment...

... I think I am very glad that nobody on this thread (well, that's a huge exaggeration...) knew me when I was in my late teens/early twenties.  I love the way CQ is being portrayed– she reminds me so much of me once upon a time, and yes that includes her faith in YX in spite of what he has become and her mistrust in YWY no matter how nice he is.  Her mistakes are real and painful (literally torturous, and I'm so glad I don't have to live with THAT kind of trauma), but she's doing the best she knows how.   Of course, I'm here mostly for the fighting and military sequences (I'm dreadfully bored by all the politicking intrigue, even though I know it matters to the story)...
... oh, while I'm here anyway, I might as well confess that I have no patience for stubborn spoiled twit princess who is really as manipulative and stupid as her father, or for her equally spoiled brother who tries to get out of everything by grinning sweetly and being cute.  I might even go so far as to point to this story line as "what happens when spoiled rich kids don't get their way" (and that includes YX, who has always been narcissistic and manipulative, he just hid it).  What saves YWY is that he wasn't ever spoiled that way, has survived a VERY difficult education, and is absolutely stiff with honor– ditto the general Prince (7th Prince?) who I have started to really admire... And there's CQ stuck in the middle, a pawn being transformed into the queen whether she wants it or not, all because she thinks that people deserve to be treated like people instead of things.  Compelling characters all of them, even the ones I hate. :)

Edited by thrimsdotter1
  • Like 12

14 minutes ago, maixa02 said:

Because Yan Xun and Chu Qiao thought Yuwen Yue used "his" ice arrow to prevent them from escaping earlier that's why they don't trust Yuwen Yue. That's why Yan Xun hated him. Yuwen Yue haven't exactly told them that it wasn't him though. He just keeps on apologizing and saying that "He had no other choice". That's where the misunderstanding is coming from.

Ah, yes. That bloody ice arrow. Nearly forgot about that. YWY you're supposed to be a smart cookie, fix this!!! Plus, don't YX and CQ already know your Meddling Grandpa is alive?? YX deduced it early on and CQ; we all know she saw him with her own eyes, and YWY knows all this.

Yue Qi, where you at? Do your thing!!! Lmao, but maybe this is a case of slack writing in order to keep the misunderstanding going. 

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cenching said:

Ladies it's 1.30 am in my side and I can't sleep bcoz of this.....love you all!!! Muach muach....:D

See you tomorrow :wub:

You're going to bed already? I just got on and it's only morning here for me. Lol! Enjoy your sleep and we'll continue on for tomorrow's episodes.

Today's episodes were soo intense. I can't believe it YX's dark side is WOW. He played it good. I don't feel back for XE/CQ at all, it's like she's finally realizing that YWY were right and she is getting used by YX and YX is evil afterall. 

I can't even believe it that what's going to happen to Chun'Er tomorrow. She's all corrupted and bad things happened to her. 

• Like 3

@maixa02 YX did tell on ep 44 that he already investigated thoroughly of the massacre 3 years ago and he knew that YWY did protect him, and he also didn't deny when YWY said that he never once do an act that was betraying his brother (YX), so YX should know that YWY can be trusted, but he still want to took this revenge plan.

And I must add, I don't blame YX at first though, but after what happen to CE and YS? Nope. He HAS already become the very person that he want to take revenge upon. While the Mad King still living breathing safe and sound on his palace, his kids, his innocent kids, have to took all the blame for what happen. And watching the BTS vid that @pawla posted, I think the drama didn't air all Li Jin sentences into the drama? CE there said that she is willing to let YX go, eventhough is the place that is so far away that she can't even see him again. How come YX can still making that order to someone who said something like that to you?

• Like 6

We are such wonderful fans with great eyes and talents :D i was just thinking that the director and the whole crew never even thought that us fans will go so deep and in details to discover this drama! :glasses:

i was just wondering what are your thoughts on the next 4 episodes for this week? Are we actually gonna see some love or we just have to stick with the rebellion and its outcome? Considering the fact that the series will end like So soon! :( 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle0217 said:

You're going to bed already? I just got on and it's only morning here for me. Lol! Enjoy your sleep and we'll continue on for tomorrow's episodes.

Today's episodes were soo intense. I can't believe it YX's dark side is WOW. He played it good. I don't feel back for XE/CQ at all, it's like she's finally realizing that YWY were right and she is getting used by YX and YX is evil afterall. 

I can't even believe it that what's going to happen to Chun'Er tomorrow. She's all corrupted and bad things happened to her. 

If she doesnt go with the flow why would she stil follow YX when she already what happen to add the fact that CE was raped and YS was badly injured? She is not a slavw anymore right?  She has been freed

Also guys, please take into account that because of the Ice Arrow that was fired towards YX and CQ that they don't trust YWY. So, asking YX and CQ to accept YWY's help is not going to happen anytime soon because they don't know the truth yet.

It would be too easy for YWY, YX and CQ to all work together because we have the most badass threesome right here. 

• Like 2

Very gloomy episodes are coming, i think this is the most serious drama ZLY had acted. Truly escalated her acting ability. From a raw naive slave girl to a trustworthy general, we should expect many trial and error coming her way. Including her reckless trust for YX insulting many innocent lives. She's growing as you can see her self conciusness had started alarmed up. She won't be with YX for long after this, be patient, keep cheering her, and enjoy the rocky ride.

*sigh* how long it have been since i saw any smile and laugh in this drama, i can't remember. I miss their cheeky and happy laugh. By now, i think i won't again protested about brightness in earlier episodes. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, centuryold3 said:

Ah, yes. That bloody ice arrow. Nearly forgot about that. YWY you're supposed to be a smart cookie, fix this!!! Plus, don't YX and CQ already know your Meddling Grandpa is alive?? YX deduced it early on and CQ; we all know she saw him with her own eyes, and YWY knows all this.

Yue Qi, where you at? Do your thing!!! Lmao, but maybe this is a case of slack writing in order to keep the misunderstanding going. 

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Lol. Where is Yue Qi when you need some misunderstandings cleared up? I'm so fond with that guy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

@maixa02 YX did tell on ep 44 that he already investigated thoroughly of the massacre 3 years ago and he knew that YWY did protect him, and he also didn't deny when YWY said that he never once do an act that was betraying his brother (YX), so YX should know that YWY can be trusted, but he still want to took this revenge plan.

And I must add, I don't blame YX at first though, but after what happen to CE and YS? Nope. He HAS already become the very person that he want to take revenge upon. While the Mad King still living breathing safe and sound on his palace, his kids, his innocent kids, have to took all the blame for what happen. And watching the BTS vid that @pawla posted, I think the drama didn't air all Li Jin sentences into the drama? CE there said that she is willing to let YX go, eventhough is the place that is so far away that she can't even see him again. How come YX can still making that order to someone who said something like that to you?

YX's action  now is not understandable  at all...but i am just confused why would XE still folllw him? She has been freed right?

YX is no better than the emperor with him ordering the massacre of civilians and then the gruesome acts on CE and YS. We tend to believe the emperor operated on with his faculties not fully intacked , but YX got all senses in full force and that made him even worse and more evil. 

Let's see how long XE/CQ can stand the tragedy before her and stand by YX  especially seeing what happened to CE.

• Like 4

About timeline: I think tomorrow is just the aftermath of the rebellion. 

Thursday: possible time jump? I imagine CQ goes back to Yanbei. But afterwards, I imagine we will get a minor time jump just to when YX is more established, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maixa02 said:

No, honey. Have you been watching attentively? CQ has her own mind that's why she dared to rebel against YWY. She isn't just going with the flow. She won't be the heroine if she just goes with the flow.

She rebelled and chose to go against the flow was because of her pride and unwillingness to heed advice and not cause she has a mind of her own. I wouldn't say I blame her entirely since the numerous misunderstandings made her unable to trust to YWY. However, she is still responsible for her actions.

If she took a step back, I bet she realised that what she did is against her own beliefs. I still rmb the scene where she told YWY that her motivation to fight against slavery was so that young girls would not have to go through what she did. What she hoped was for everyone, no matter their status, to be able to live and eat well. Anyway, in the end, all of these ultimately led her to regret her decision. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

About timeline: I think tomorrow is just the aftermath of the rebellion. 

Thursday: possible time jump? I imagine CQ goes back to Yanbei. But afterwards, I imagine we will get a minor time jump just to when YX is more established, etc. 

All i want is the icy lake to happen haha i want it really bad coz that will conclide everything wethere XE love YWY or she still stay at YX

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kim Da said:

If she doesnt go with the flow why would she stil follow YX when she already what happen to add the fact that CE was raped and YS was badly injured? She is not a slavw anymore right?  She has been freed

Welp. Remember that our heroine wanted slavery gone? She's not going to achieve that in Chang'an. She'll be a representative first of the slaves before anything else. So, all her actions will be charged by wanting to help the poor and slaves. Remember the first episode? Remember that horrifying slave hunt? Remember what she said and what she promised to do? Remember that Yan Xun said that Yan Bei is free of slaves?

Also, she has amnesia and has to resolve her background. She will go with YX to find more about her mother (? need clarification on this). Also, she has to bring the Xiu Li army back to Yan Bei. 

Furthermore, if you watch the ending credits, you'll notice that she will be wearing the Wei armor. She'll be fighting with YWY against YX and the Liang state. So she'll be switching sides soon.

• Like 5