[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

@40somethingahjumma, I enjoy the court intrigues in those episodes too but hate the harem bickering. But what I love most is the way YWY deals with YWH....:)

Why do I got a feeling that YX started to do things behind XE? Did XE was surprised of the existence of the supposedly deaf spy in Wei House? Correct me if I'm wrong. During that planning scene we can see that YWY and XE think alike.

• Like 1

Episode 37 Preview

CQ: What's that? Is that for me?

Prince Xiang: Even if the summer flowers are beautiful, if it's not yours to use, what's the point? Yuwen Yue, why should a person of your status degrade yourself for a woman like that?

Woman: Didn't Her Highness (Imperial Concubine) say a few days ago that she was going to choose a satisfactory man?

Chun'er: Yuwen Yue!

IC: Chun'er, don't be so wilful. 

YWY: Your Highness, I've other matters (to attend to). I will take my leave now.

IC: Sit down, both of you. Is it so difficult to have a meal with me?

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, lovelycate said:

Yeah, If YWY weren't a super-patient man, he could not win over a headstrong girl like X-er. But I find myself more and more impatient over X-er's reluctance to acknowledge her love towards YWY. Just imagining her awakening happens at the end of the show makes me frustrated. I think they should let us see X-er suffer thoroughly after she believes YWY is dead. Most of the shippers of YWY would get angry(furious) if she stays relatively calm over his death. I wish they could give us more of their romatic scenes including wedding night episode. Only thing I could do is have my fingers crossed and pray. :wub:

I also wish that there would be some scenes where XE could at least pine and get jealous over YWY to let her true feelings emerge (despite her hostility now as it would be nice to see ZLY emote that feeling).  Yup yup yup, lovey dovey scenes, kiss and make up are everything you and i are waiting for.  :D

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, cenching said:

How I wish the drama will introduce some fine ladies for YWY just to spiced up the situation. :wub:

Exactly my thoughts too.  But not Chun-Er.  It has to be someone XE would look at as a rival to challenge her to seek back his attention and love.  I somewhat felt bad for YWY (like he's got poor taste) when the Prince commented that a person of his status  shdnt hv had to degrade himself for a woman like XE.  But then again, as a friend of YWY's, I can understand that he's just looking from the sidelines and feeing bad for YWY, the guy with everything.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Exactly my thoughts too.  But not Chun-Er.  It has to be someone XE would look at as a rival to challenge her to seek back his attention and love.  I somewhat felt bad for YWY (like he's got poor taste) when the Prince commented that a person of his status  shdnt hv had to degrade himself for a woman like XE.  But then again, as a friend of YWY's, I can understand that he's just looking from the sidelines and feeing bad for YWY, the guy with everything.

Her position as bedchamber maid of YWY before was well-known and thanks to YWY everybody thought they had done the deed and then she switched to YX secretly, they stay together for years and it's normal for people to assume that she is his (to put it mildly). Her reputation is not exactly squeeky clean. So the Prince is not wrong according to me....

Not ChunEr, I want someone that loves YWY. I think maybe they will use Bad Princess as a rival for XE? In the book she is YX's brushpal, loves him and marry him. But in the drama she is YWY's brushpal....

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, cenching said:

Her position as bedchamber maid of YWY before was well-known and thanks to YWY everybody thought they had done the deed and then she switched to YX secretly, they stay together for years and it's normal for people to assume that she is his (to put it mildly). Her reputation is not exactly squeeky clean. So the Prince is not wrong according to me....

Not ChunEr, I want someone that loves YWY. I think maybe they will use Bad Princess as a rival for XE? In the book she is YX's brushpal, loves him and marry him. But in the drama she is YWY's brushpal....

She seems to fit this rival role.  At the last encounter, I sensed XE's slight jealousy over her when she heard YWY suddenly responding in the questioning session with ChunEr.

• Like 3

Woah! I see so many of you frustrated over CQ's action despite YQ explained on behalf of YWY what he had done for her.

If you have read the novel, you will be super upset yet pity her when YWY was presumed died.

CQ was well known for being a thick blocked when coming to love and relationship.

Based on all the spoilers, now it seems like she is in a turmoil. After knowing that YWY actually doesn't want her to die, I believe like many ladies who are soft-hearted but mouth very evil, that though she feels shocked that he has gone an extra mile for her, she couldn't forget that handicapped evil grandpa and the words that YWY said. She must be holding it deep within her that despite she was angry, upset, but she still missed those times (like some ladies missing their previous bf).

So when she met YWY again, she decided is payback time. But YWY took a different approach this time. Instead of being cold, he is being warm and in the episodes to come, he saves her time after time till she said her classic phrase that "My whole life, I have never owed anyone anything but to you, YWY, I have owed the most." This phrase came up 2 times in the novel. The first time is when she realised he was alive and she rushed to find him and found him, 2nd time is when they married and she met YX again and then after a short talk, she went back to YWY with teary eyes.

In this drama, she loves YWY and she denied it strongly because of the misunderstandings and the circumstances and her beliefs are above love. Her realisation of her love for YWY is after she was used by YX to lead YWY to the icy lake and ultimately cause his death. She went into depression for 2 years until the Prince of Liang hinted her that YWY was alive.

They are not together immediately as CQ felt she was not worthy of it and YWY felt she was just guilty and he doesn't want her to repay him like that. So they split again, then when they were back together was when Prince of Liang died and she nearly becomes Prince Liang's concubine. But she escaped just to find YWY and then she stuck with him like a glue and turned to be the woman she was meant to be.

In the novel, there were women appeared and she was jealous over it. To the extent, she even checks her own body just to see in which area she is better than the woman. But sadly, I don't think we will see this part as half of the drama might be different from the novel.

But just know that for all her rudeness now, she will go through an even harder time in future. So... let just enjoy the wooing of YWY.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, gentlelily12 said:

Yup, not once was there any mention of the bell.  YWY probably assumes XE removed her bells.  He is the kind who wont say much but his assumptions are always accurate.  XE must have kept them hopefully treasured in a box and felt sad and glad or maybe confused also at the same time the meaningful bells were smashed by her and yet mended by him. The first time he mends is her broken bells then her broken trust and finally her heart.

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Most likely the bells will reveal it's mystery in the future episodes.....:D

I am dying to know about that bell too..during tomb raider scene it was obvious it's still attached to the sword but after the sword stays with XE it's disappeared.

For those whom understand Chinese, did anyone knows if some Chinese viewers also wondering bout the freaking bell?

I've been wondering about the bells, too. Cause it was still on his sword, but when he swap it with XE it disappear. So did she like take it secretly? Or did they just forget about it? Like what happen? I keep going back to the episodes to figure out what happen to the bells. But like you stated it's a mystery and we'll find out later. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Episode 37 Preview

CQ: What's that? Is that for me?

Prince Xiang: Even if the summer flowers are beautiful, if it's not yours to use, what's the point? Yuwen Yue, why should a person of your status degrade yourself for a woman like that?

Woman: Didn't Her Highness (Imperial Concubine) say a few days ago that she was going to choose a satisfactory man?

Chun'er: Yuwen Yue!

IC: Chun'er, don't be so wilful. 

YWY: Your Highness, I've other matters (to attend to). I will take my leave now.

IC: Sit down, both of you. Is it so difficult to have a meal with me?

Thank you for the translation. I am excited for the upcoming episodes and hopefully more YWY and XE scenes. 

• Like 2

@Evangeline Yang, we all know those ending from the book spoilers but since we love YWY-XE so much it's so frustrating to see how the way she treated him....reading spoilers and saw it in the drama is really different :crazy:

We are not sure how far they will follow the book, we can only hope they won't emitted the important ones.

Edit. @Evangeline Yang, so in the book there were some women that interested in YWY? Whooohooo!!! Hopefully they made it to the drama...

• Like 1

BTS PICS:

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Nice skinship off cam too.  ZLY is pretty flexible and must be hard for her to be in that position.  

Edit 1:  Waiting for BTS videos as well.

Edit 2:  More BTS Pics.  ZLY looks gorgeous in 2nd pic:

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, child and outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people

Spoiler

credit as tagged

• Like 6

I took notice in episode 36 when YX and XE were talking about Senior Wei's death and YX mentioned about drinking wine, XE still carrying YWY's sword even though during that time it's supposed to change back already. A glitch from production team....:D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I respect your perspective and your right to hold it, I don't agree that there is ONE correct way of interpreting YX's character. Because we all come from a variety of backgrounds with all kinds of life experiences, it follows that we will see the character in different ways. Of course we are also influenced by how the plot steers the character and how said character is positioned in relation to other characters.

I liked YX a lot before his entire family were tragically and wrongfully executed but even then I could already see the flaws in his character that would lead him on the trajectory that he's on. I've always tried to give a balanced view of the character from my perspective while acknowledging his attractive qualities. I take your point that there's method to the madness to his plotting and scheming but I still think that while the plotting might be good on some level, there are consequences that they don't always take into account which could potentially hurt them.

I applaud your attempts to see the character from his perspective. I believe I've tried to but at the end of the day I cannot in all honesty agree with everything he says and does. He sees the world as very black and white but while that's understandable, I certainly don't think it's always very helpful when dealing with people. His inner rage while also understandable will potentially consume him.

I also don't agree that CQ is "herself" only when she's with YX. What I would say is that when she's with YX, she shows another side to herself in the same way that she demonstrates another aspect to herself when she's with YWY. I think we can think of many instances in which she talked back to him, stood up to him and bickered with him. YWY knew that too and liked her for it. With YX she has a different dynamic (camarade and fellow traveller) just as we all have different roles that we play in our lives in various contexts with different people that we interact with. I don't even think CQ herself knows who she is either quite frankly.

I suspect that you're saying this because you're trying to show that YX is the better man for CQ. Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. At the end of the day, it isn't necessarily the "better man" that gets the girl, it is the girl who needs to make that hard choice of who she wants to spend the rest of her life with. 

I don't think we should make this discussion personal and turn on fellow fans of this show because we don't agree with each other. At the end of the day these are just fictional characters and most people are here to escape and have fun with the show. Taking the opinions of others too personally can ruin everyone's enjoyment of the show.

@aikmm -- I don't think you need to apologize. You were just giving your opinion about an issue as you have the right to as a member of this forum. That's what we're all here to do. Some of us like one character better than another which is a normal part of television viewing. Some people only watch this show for the romance and others like the entire package or most of it. 

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I don't think CQ is herself only when she's with YX. What I was trying to say was the 3 years separation between YWY and CQ actually makes CQ independent. She is now protecting the people she cares about, not being protected by her master. I don't like she being a maid in the house of YW,

I'm not trying to show people that YX is the better man for CQ, and I don't even think they have this love chemistry. The way they are together is like a family, not lover to me. TBH, I do not ship YX/CQ nor do I ship YWY/CQ. 

I'm saying this much for him is because I love this character from the beginning. In my fantasy world, I had been in a fantasy of cool man like YWY, cold outside but warm inside to be my possible "mate".  As I am growing older, that fantasy actually faded away. When I saw the smile/laugh on YX's face, that warms me up. I smile when he laughs and I'm happy when he's happy. You can imaging when I watched episode 24 and 25, my heart was broken with him. He was such a kind, young, and warm boy, full of compassion and enthusiastic. Naive indeed, but I rarely see that in my daily life right now, and that all changed when Jiu You Platform happened. I just felt his pain and suffering. There is a phrase in Chinese Culture called "Xian Yi Nu Ma Shao Nian Shi, Yi Ri Kan Jin Chang'an Hua", and YX was the living exemplar of that phrase. So forgive me if I'm defending him toooo much. It's that boy who was riding on the horse crossing the street of Chang'an that makes my heart pounding. I can't get ride of that image, not even after he changed. He may become a bad person, a villain later. Now, he's doing what's right, and he has not hurt any innocent yet. I can't relate myself to the later YX that bent on revenge and does not care about others. As for now, He's changed but has not yet become that person. That is why I defend him so much, not because I believe he's the better man for CQ. 

PS: I actually ship YWY/YX....:flushed:

• Like 2

@gentlelily12 and @jolin_chan for sharing photos. The ship is still slowly sailing, but I am just soo excited seeing them together on scene. :D:wub:

18 minutes ago, monchoo said:

The bts but in smaller screen

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqxP39PPyv8

Thank you for the BTS video. I don't care if it's a smaller screen. I am just happy to watch them together. :lol:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

@gentlelily12 and @jolin_chan for sharing photos. The ship is still slowly sailing, but I am just soo excited seeing them together on scene. :D:wub:

Thank you for the BTS video. I don't care if it's a smaller screen. I am just happy to watch them together. :lol:

This BTS is cute too from same link given by @monchoo, tq so much!  They're having so much fun together.  Love them!!!!

https://youtu.be/CtO6W6W4ZO8?t=81

credit to uploader

• Like 3