[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

Have been wondering what LGX said @6.24 of this vid but my mandarin's not good enough.  I think he said something abt having met or interacted with ZLY some or few years back, then he hesitated and asked ZLY if he could tell it out to the emcee or sorta.  I just like their reaction when he brought that up.  Didnt know they met before prior to PA.

credit to zhaoliying

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Here's what Lin Gengxin looks like in the Great Wall. I wasn't very interested in the movie so did not notice he was in it.

As 14th Prince in Scarlet Heart: 

Could not get into this drama because of sad ending,but Lin Gengxin sure looks handsome as Qing dynasty royalty!

LGX first caught my eyes when i saw the trailer of God of War with Yoona.  I thought he was so good-looking and really soothing to the eyes.  Somehow the plot and the way GOW was directed didnt emphasize the romance part and being a romantic person first GOW didnt give much of an appeal.  But i began watching Eternal Love and got hooked to Mark Chao and discovered he's buddies with LGX.  I watched many of their videos and appreciate their bromance.  But LGX as YWY got me seriously hooked and right now he's at par with Mark Chao where my fangirling is concerned for Cdramas.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

After finally watching ep 32 and re-watch the preview for ep 33-34, I'm really afraid of YX's transformations. He kinda look more and more like the Crazy Emperor. His transformations hasn't manifest full force (the eyeliner still not on yet) but I already afraid of him, like he capable of killing you if you ever cross him. I do think that his transformations toward the dark side still representing his old self in a more scary and dark kinda way. He's once a bubbly outgoing personality, he let his emotions showed, so now when he's on full vengeance mode, he gonna strike hard, no holding back and I kinda sense that he's gonna be the possessive kinda type toward the person that he love. And alas CQ I think is not the type of person that can be contain by someone that possessive. And I think this is gonna be one of the reason that they're gonna grow apart, even if the drama still follow the novel (CQ seems like love YX first and then switch her love toward YWY, although I think this is also debatable because when CQ later on tell YWY that she love him back, she also didn't know when this love begin) which is not, CQ still won't accept the type of man whose possessive over her and this is happens to be YWY's flaw in the past. It's kinda like after 3 years, YX becoming more like YWY old self, while YWY becoming more like YX old self.

YWY for me also growing into a more dark and deep personality, he had no one from the very beginning, and then a certain Star (XE) fall into his lap, and her shine breaking his icy wall little by litte and unbeknownst to him she become the love of his life, but before he realize all this, the misunderstanding put a distance between them and then she die indirectly by his own hand. After a shining bright star once occupying his cold lonely world, I think he certainly can't go back to his old self anymore, there is a certain hole in his heart that will never be mend and this represented by him putting his sword's soulmate upon XE's grave. I can't help feel devastated when YWY carefully diligently wiping Can Hong Sword before going to XE's funeral. So three years later, after CQ actually didn't die and is not his anymore, and YWY just looks like he just happy that she is alive and I'm certain he certainly is, and he can't and won't control her anymore, this actually will make CQ can finally see YWY with the new perspective, how he actually really care and love her. We all know that YWY is caring CQ in his own way, training her to defend herself, let her deal with the bullying in his household and stand out by her own, all in a facade of training her to become a top spy, so no wonder CQ will misundertand that YWY never truly cares for her, he just want her to become an ideal spy, he just control her and CQ don't have the chance to break free from these. 

So just say that it's a twist of fate or YWY and CQ was meant to be from the beginning. I don't know if YWY who is the one on YX positions, having all in his life and one day it all get reaped from you, will YWY becoming bitter and dark like YX or worse? But here, while the circumstances make YWY kinda putting a distance between him and CQ, and we all know that what's makes CQ finally see YWY as YWY, as a great, caring man that he is, not as her master, her trainer, her captor. And on the other hand, YX becoming the old YWY in CQ's perspective, possessive, demanding, controlling, cutting her every move. If we look at these, it's quite a certain whose the one CQ gonna choose base on her personality.

Nice said.:blush:

• Like 1

I've just realized something. In the novel, CQ and YX should be a couple for about 8 years (3 years in drama). So far, i havent seen any love line between them. Only from YX side but not from CQ. She stills treat YX as usual like before, not as girlfriend to a boyfriend. So, actually they have become a couple or not yet? Or mybe they havent shown the video yet. 

19 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Have been wondering what LGX said @6.24 of this vid but my mandarin's not good enough.  I think he said something abt having met or interacted with ZLY some or few years back, then he hesitated and asked ZLY if he could tell it out to the emcee or sorta.  I just like their reaction when he brought that up.  Didnt know they met before prior to PA.

credit to zhaoliying

LGX : I met her once a few years back ....can I talk about this? Not ok huh?

ZLY : no no it's ok (to talk about this)

LGX : Because she shot a drama with my classmates, then they came to Shanghai together, my classmates then said let's go out and hang together, then met LY. And then one day I ask her, what is your impressions of me? She said that I was ..... hahahah, I said no way, I was friendly, and she said no.

LOL good thing that first impressions didn't stop LY to star in this drama with LGX :lol:

• Like 8

Chu Qiao aahh, if you think YWY chose you to be his personal maid, gave you the bell and ChanHong Sword ONLY bcoz he wants you to become HIS XingEr and according to you now he killed XingEr with his own hands. Then WHY you keep that sword??

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, heoesdanish90 said:

I've just realized something. In the novel, CQ and YX should be a couple for about 8 years (3 years in drama). So far, i havent seen any love line between them. Only from YX side but not from CQ. She stills treat YX as usual like before, not as girlfriend to a boyfriend. Correct me if i'm wrong.

You are spot on.  The romance is on YX's part and its one sided from whats been shown so far.  But arent we just glad their 3 years' life just passed on and we are immediately brought forward to the present.  Somehow, as said before i cant stomach any lovey dovey interactions between YX-XE as they feel unfitting.  Perhaps I am so lost in YWY-XE love development

• Like 7

Someone mention before about YX ordered to massacre a family including a boy which finally saved by YWY and Xing er....may I know why YX ordered the family to be killed? I wonder if they follow the same storyline like in the novel about the boy or change it.

I think right now, everytime YX have to meet the Emperor, he feels so disgusted And barely contain his feeling..even her attitude toward princess is evidence..he act nice in front of her but asking his servant to throw away his cloth which been touched by the princess...

I think YWY know that YX feeling disgusted when meet with the Emperor and can predict he will start his plan to rebel once 3 years time come up...Just like before he will try to warn YX to abandon his plan but now YX won't take his advice nicely...Will their misunderstanding resolve or not? Though its late at least YX won't hold any grudge/hatred against YWY and know that YWY really care for him as his friend.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jolin_chan said:

LGX : I met her once a few years back ....can I talk about this? Not ok huh?

ZLY : no no it's ok (to talk about this)

LGX : Because she shot a drama with my classmates, then they came to Shanghai together, my classmates then said let's go out and hang together, then met LY. And then one day I ask her, what is your impressions of me? She said that I was ..... hahahah, I said no way, I was friendly, and she said no.

LOL good thing that first impressions didn't stop LY to star in this drama with LGX :lol:

Thanks a zillion @jolin_chan for this.   So we dont know what the "blank" is, hahahah.  (Perhaps LY said he was aloof and unapproachable judging from his answer).  Yes, glad LY and LGX chose to do PA as they look so good together here.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mmrod_04 said:

@pimsucre actually YWY does know YX . I believe it was episode 13  but it was the episode that YX came and offered to buy XE, and Prince Yung Song took her on a horse ride. YWY and YQ had a private conversation, and YQ asked why Master doesn't tell YX about the Crazy Emperor spying on Yanbei because he is getting paranoid. YWY said that it wouldn't do any good cause YX would go running back to the CE to plead or make puppy eyes for the Empress Dowager, and if he failed than all YX would do is start to yell. YWY continued to say, if the YX showed any doubt the CE would will YX dad. Being the Eyes of God YWY hands are tied, because he cannot divulge all that he knows  even if he wants to help YX, then CE would think that YWY is trying to start a rebellion. YWY is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Poor YWY has to bare alot of the burdens, and misunderstandings. That's alot even for YWY's broad shoulders to bare.:(

Considering the seriousness of the anticipated outcome; the massacre of YX's family who were decent and loyal subjects, his attempt wasn't good enough (at least for me). As I mentioned, if such brutal slaughter couldn't be avoided, then would it be better to tell YX more directly about what to happen. YWY was just gambling the fate's of the Yan's household with his own assumption that should warning be told, YX would do as he expected ... to predict YX's reaction without the cause really happening plus him knowing very well that the killings of YX's family is foreseeable, his miscalculation played a part in YX's tragedy. I know YWY has good intention and sees YX as a close friend, but in YX's stance that would be very heart broken to learn that his best friend could do as far as just make those remote implications ....

His dilemma caused the innocents' lives and shift the course of YX's destiny.

• Like 4

The food that YX gave to XE was the same food and even the same bowl with the one YWY spoon fed her in the morning of their supposedly first night......XE stared at it for a split second....

We really have to pay close attention when watching this drama. They gave out lots of Easter Eggs and we need to read between the lines too, the disadvantage for those doesn't understand Chinese.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, heoesdanish90 said:

I've just realized something. In the novel, CQ and YX should be a couple for about 8 years (3 years in drama). So far, i havent seen any love line between them. Only from YX side but not from CQ. She stills treat YX as usual like before, not as girlfriend to a boyfriend. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I agree with U. I believe romantic relationship doesnt exist between them but instead, their relationship is based on comradeship or freindship. I dont feel any sexual tension created in the air whenever  YX touches her. Never did I see her flinch or tremble at his touch. Yeah, To her, YX is like a brother.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cenching said:

The food that YX gave to XE was the same food and even the same bowl with the one YWY spoon fed her in the morning of their supposedly first night......XE stared at it for a split second....

We really have to pay close attention when watching this drama. They gave out lots of Easter Eggs and we need to read between the lines too, the disadvantage for those doesn't understand Chinese.

Wow...you are very observant. I need to rewatch that part again.:wink:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cenching said:

Chu Qiao aahh, if you think YWY chose you to be his personal maid, gave you the bell and ChanHong Sword ONLY bcoz he wants you to become HIS XingEr and according to you now he killed XingEr with his own hands. Then WHY you keep that sword??

Its true that we keep and hold on to the stuff of those we love and care abt with us even if its through bitter parting like in XE's "case".  When it came to the crux of the matter, her heart spoke for XE so thats why she kept and used his CH sword (XE knew the meaning of this sword too) throughout their separation.  Its like her heart is pierced thinking he thought so little of her (remember she cried after hearing interfering Cripple Grandpa talked abt YWY using her) when she was already trusting and falling deep for him.  I feel XE kept his sword as she wanted to feel like YWY was with her despite all the pain she felt for sometimes love is that complex.  Likewise, YWY kept her bells on his sword to feel as if XE's with him wherever he goes and in whatever he does.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, farhah_1986 said:

Someone mention before about YX ordered to massacre a family including a boy which finally saved by YWY and Xing er....may I know why YX ordered the family to be killed? I wonder if they follow the same storyline like in the novel about the boy or change it.

I think right now, everytime YX have to meet the Emperor, he feels so disgusted And barely contain his feeling..even her attitude toward princess is evidence..he act nice in front of her but asking his servant to throw away his cloth which been touched by the princess...

I think YWY know that YX feeling disgusted when meet with the Emperor and can predict he will start his plan to rebel once 3 years time come up...Just like before he will try to warn YX to abandon his plan but now YX won't take his advice nicely...Will their misunderstanding resolve or not? Though its late at least YX won't hold any grudge/hatred against YWY and know that YWY really care for him as his friend.

From what I remember, the rich merchants who were citizens of Bei Yan took their families and money with them when war was about to break out between Bei Yan and the Kingdom of Wei. The rich merchants were also part of Bei Yan's secret spy organisation. So essentially, Yan Xun was killing off all his own people.

Yan Xun ordered the massacre, so that he could seize everyone's money and leave no witnesses/people who want revenge. Not exactly the mark of a wise and benevolent ruler!

• Like 1

Since YX saw XE carry the ChanHong Sword, his heart hasn't been easy. When XE mentioned about the origins of the trap, his heart skipped a bit, when XE was telling the plan as  Tomb Raiders, he looks away. Those kind of plan is only someone with YWY's caliber can think of. He started to realize how huge was YWY's influence in XE's life.

There will be no more chance in a million years that YX going to be friends again with YWY.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

His voice is soo.. soothing. :lol: I hope he sings more, too. He has a nice voice. It's not to strong, but with practice, he'll improve. He's good. 

And yes, we are missing YWY that's all we're doing now is talking about LGX. Lol! I'm sure everyone is dying for Monday to come already, so we can see YWY and XE/CQ reunited, even though they aren't doing anything, as long as they meet. 

Thanks for the lyrics. It matches YX. Do you have the translation for the song for YWY?

Yes agree. It match with YX. 

Moon and star song also match with YWY and XE. I din notice this also represent their story. In song the male singer like represent YWY where he do not want to let go the love and the female singer like XE where she scared and hatred. Love the song.

Since no ongoing PA, i rewatch again and i realize... 

YWY like XE when XE was chosen as the champion of bedchamber..  Ep 4. He like because of her obseveration, skills and memorize also she pretty..  Wakaka.. 

He test her to shave him to see her true color. Luckily she pass, then he imprinted her as his soulmate by giving her name  XE that match with his Ep 5. OMG... Love it love it... 

At Ep 5. YX asked YWY to gave XE to her..  He told YX that it is too late cos he need her.  OMG...  

Poor YX..  He should ask during the man hunt..  Too late for you cos YWY already imprinted XE...  Hahaha

Going to rewatch again from begining.. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Yes agree. It match with YX. 

Moon and star song also match with YWY and XE. I din notice this also represent their story. In song the male singer like represent YWY where he do not want to let go the love and the female singer like XE where she scared and hatred. Love the song.

Since no ongoing PA, i rewatch again and i realize... 

YWY like XE when XE was chosen as the champion of bedchamber..  Ep 4. He like because of her obseveration, skills and memorize also she pretty..  Wakaka.. 

He test her to shave him to see her true color. Luckily she pass, then he imprinted her as his soulmate by giving her name  XE that match with his Ep 5. OMG... Love it love it... 

At Ep 5. YX asked YWY to gave XE to her..  He told YX that it is too late cos he need her.  OMG...  

Poor YX..  He should ask during the man hunt..  Too late for you cos YWY already imprinted XE...  Hahaha

Going to rewatch again from begining.. 

Let me guess, Twilight's fan?:grin: