Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

Guest ys_jen

I've been following HWCM faithfully thus far & I must say that JJH has managed to flesh out an uptight character that seems impossible to develop in a 16 episode drama, into one that is warmer & lovable at just the right points in the story. Kudos to his acting chops! B)

Totally agree!! I'm really really loving JJH's acting in the drama. :D Can't believe it's already ending next week!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yang Ik-june casts Ji Jin-hee

20090902103912804a3_103912_0.jpg

102915000001.jpg

by Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC)

Aug 31 2009

Yang Ik-june shot up the ranks of the international cinema world with his debut feature film Breathless. His second film is titled Runaway from Home, and Ji Jin-hee has been cast in the lead role. Yang will also act besides directing.

Ji will team up with Lee Moon-sik. Lee will play a husband whose wife has run away. Ji's character is the wife's brother. Together they set out to find her. The drama with touches of comedy should be gold in the hands of director Yang who handled Breathless perfectly.

Breathless -- written, directed, produced, and acted by Yang -- won a string of awards in Asia and Europe including the Tiger Award at 2009 International Film Festival Rotterdam. Ji turned into a pan-Asian star through the hit television series Jewel in the Palace. He also starred in Im Sang-soo's The Old Garden.

• 4 weeks later...

^ He looks good with the new short haircut! Can't wait to see this comedy. He's been choosing some great works lately but too bad they're not high in the ratings e.g. Spotlight and He Who Can't Marry. I'm currently watching Cain and Abel and can imagine how great JJH would be in an antagonistic role. Love Letter is the only drama that I've seen him played an antagonist. Soo and H really didn't count in my book, though the latter was close at the end :)

LOVE him in He Who Can't Marry and I don't think he copied Abe that closely from the original version. He was more anal and odd in mannerism. BTW WHY did they dress him in some really tight pants; I could hardly keep my eyes away from his package when the camera does a whole-body shot. LOL I guess I shouldn't complain but it was distracting when you have to read the subtitles.

Anyone would kindly link me to a site to watch The Old Garden?

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching Dae Jang Geum, I love it. Now I'm searching the other series of the cast there. It's just amazing that JJH looks like a different person wheh he has a beard. Anyways, Now I'm choosing what to watch first between Spotlight and The Man Who Can't Get Married, and also does anyone know where can I find episodes w/ complete english subs of Miss Kim Makes 1 Million?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piano_lady

Actor Ji Jin-hee, who is popular across Asia, has been ...

top(126).jpg

Ji Jin-hee promoting Korea's palaces: Actor Ji Jin-hee, who is popular across Asia, has been chosen by the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) as a goodwill ambassador for promoting traditional palaces as a major component of Korean tourism. The KTO will hold a ceremony for the nomination Thursday at its headquarters in central Seoul and launch a

promotional Web site at www.palacetour.co.kr.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../115_55680.html

Ji Jin-hee and Han Hyo-joo pair up in Dong Yi

jijinhee_hyojoo1.jpg

Ji Jin-hee, most recently of KBS’s j-drama adaptation The Man Who Can’t Get Married, has been cast to be Han Hyo-joo’s leading man in the upcoming MBC sageuk drama Dong Yi [동이].

This’ll be the second time Ji teams up with PD Lee Byung-hoon, with whom he first worked in the hugely successful Dae Jang Geum. PD Lee also directed several other hit sageuk series such as Heo Jun and Yi San.

Ji Jin-hee will play Joseon-era King Suk-jong, portraying both the leadership skills of the king as well as the pure heart and affection of the man. Han Hyo-joo is to play Sook-bin, a water maid who becomes the king’s concubine and bears him a son, a future Joseon king.

Han has been playing more mature roles as she transitions from rookie actress to leading lady, but this is still a pretty wide age gap — 16 years, as Han is 22 and Ji is 38. I tend to find age gaps less of an issue with sageuk dramas, so I’m keeping my mind open for the pairing, although the thought of Han taking on another sageuk makes me nervous. (She’s improved a lot in her short career, but I don’t think sageuk is her thing, and I thought her turn in Iljimae was one of her weaker performances.) Of course, as we know, his role in Dae Jang Geum makes Ji no stranger to the historical epic.

Dong-yi will air next March on MBC.

credits : DRAMABEANS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest rhb2009

komapsumnida to you all for the updates on JJH :D ...... methinks he's looking so much better & trimmer as he gets older, very much like fine wine.....hmmm in some recent photos i saw of him, he even looks uber cool B) ...... am a bit surprised there's not much written of him on the web (... well, in Eng. anyways :( ) ...... so am looking forward to more news about him from this soompi thread ..... thank you again

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jjh_lover

Hi everyone, this thread is so silent,I am a big fan of ji jin hee.

I saw a lot of new interviews with jjh this days.I posted one of them,ı don't know korean so ı didn't understand anything.

I want to ask is there anyone that knows korean,if there is can you tell me what is he saying generally?

[OSEN=조경이 기자] 드라마 ‘대장금’ ‘봄날’ 등의 작품을 통해서 대한민국 대표 로맨틱가이로 손꼽히는 지진희. 지진희에게는 젠틀하고 지적이고 부드러운 남자라는 이미지가 있다. 여자들에게도 한없이 달콤한 말을 해줄 것 같은 오해를 낳게 할 만한 깔끔한 외모도 갖추고 있다. 이에 지진희는 “여자들에게 잘 해주고 살갑게 하는 스타일이 아니다. 낯간지러운 말은 전혀 하지 못한다”며 캐릭터와 실제 모습은 차이가 있음을 전했다.

지진희가 영화 ‘평행이론’으로 돌아왔다. 극중에서 잘나가는 최연소 부장판사로 남부러울 것 없이 살고 있지만 아름다운 아내가 죽고 느닷없이 자신의 가족을 죽이겠다는 협박의 전화를 받으면서 한치 앞도 볼 수 없는 사건에 휘말리게 된다. '과거와 현재, 서로 다른 시대의 두 사람이 동일한 삶을 산다'는 평행 이론이라는 독특한 소재를 영화화한 미스터리 스릴러 '평행이론'의 주연을 맡은 지진희와의 대담이다.

- 작품을 통해서 본 지진희는 부드러운 남자일 것 같은데 실제는 어떤 남자인가.

▲여자 분들한테 낯간지러운 말을 잘 못한다. 표현도 잘 하지 못한다. 무뚝뚝하다고 보면 될 것 같다. 물론 주변 어르신들이나 동네 주민들한테는 저를 불편하게 생각할 수도 있으니 공경하려고 하고 편안하게 하려고 한다. 하지만 여자로서 누굴 만난다거나 연애를 할 때는 그렇게 부드러운 남자가 아니다. 드라마 속 캐릭터때문에 그렇게 오해할 수 있지만 실제 낯 간지러운 말을 못한다.

- 지난해 드라마 ‘결혼 못하는 남자’를 보니 코미디적인 감각도 있는 것 같다. 본인은 정말 진지하고 완벽하게 연기를 하는데 그 모습이 상대방에게 웃음을 자아낸다.

▲사실 저는 ‘결못남’ 같은 코미디를 좋아한다. 제가 좋아하는 웃음 코드이다. 정말 진지하게 연기를 하는데 오히려 그 부분에서 역으로 상대방이 웃음을 터트리는 게 좋다. 제가 그런 코미디를 실제 좋아하고 망가지고 오버하고 그런 코미디를 좋아하지 않는다. 다행히 많은 분들이 좋아해주셔서 감사했다. 직장인들이 너무 재미있게 봤다고 하고 애들도 웃기게 봤다는 말을 많이 들었다. 새로운 모습을 봐서 좋아해주시는 것 같다. ‘결못남’의 조재희는 완벽하게 하려는 것만큼 빈구석이 많아서 더 재미있는 인물이었다.

- “‘평행이론’이 지진희 인생의 대표작이 될 것”이라는 보도자료 문구가 눈에 띈다. 본인도 동의하는지.

▲제가 여태껏 해온 작품 들 중에서 최고이다. 제가 한 작품들 중에서 제가 배우고 알고 느끼고, 그런 것들을 많이 알게 된 작품이다. 나중에 뒤돌아 봤을 때 어느 한 계기가 될 수 있는 조건을 갖춘 작품이다. 그 전에는 조금은 대중적이지 않는 영화였다면 이 영화는 대중적인 영화이다. 많은 분들이 보고 즐거워해줄 수 있는 작품이다.

- ‘평행이론’ 시나리오의 어떤 점이 매력적이었는지.

▲우선 ‘평행이론’이라는 소재가 매력적이었다. 운명을 믿느냐 안 믿느냐, 운명이 있다고 치면 이 운명을 막을 수 있을까 없을까, 과연 이 운명을 막으면 정말 막은 것인가 등등 너무 재미있었다. 시나리오를 읽는데 예기치 못한 사건이 이어지고 음모와 반전이 있고 또 다른 반전이 있고 완전히 뒤통수를 치는 마지막 반전까지 있어서 너무 재미있었다. 책이 너무 재미있어서 무조건 하고 싶다고 이야기를 했다.

- 평행이론에 공감하는지.

▲링컨과 케네디의 경우 외에도 알려져 있는 것만으로도 10가지 이상이 넘는다. 우연이라고 하기에는 신기할 정도로 맞아 떨어진다고 생각이 든다. 물론 유명인이라서 더 많이 알려진 경우도 있지만 나와 똑같은 사람들이 과거든 미래든 있을지도 모른다고 생각이 든다.

- 극중에서 검사로 출연하는 이종혁과 팽팽한 대결로 긴장감을 더한다. 실제 형 동생하는 친한 사이라고 들었다.

▲워낙 친하고 잘 맞는다. 그 친구가 저를 잘 따르기도 하고 저도 좋아하는 동생이다. 이종혁은 굉장히 끼가 많은 배우이고 앞으로도 보여줄 게 너무 만은 배우다. 굉장히 능력이 있는 배우라서 지금도 훌륭하지만 더 많은 것이 기대되는 친구이다. 정말 잘하고 굉장히 코미디감이 뛰어난 재미있는 친구이다.

- 스릴러가 연패하고 있다. ‘평행이론’의 흥행에 대한 부담도 클 것 같다.

▲일단은 영화의 주인공으로서 갖는 부담감은 당연히 있다. 잘되면 좋겠다는 것이 있고 영화라는 것이 찍고 나면 끝인 것이 아니라 찍고 나서도 관객들의 반응이나 수에 신경을 쓰지 않을 수 없다. 많은 관객이 들어야 그 돈으로 다른 작품을 만들 수 있고 저 또한 출연해서 계속 연기를 할 수 있으니 흥행이 되면 좋겠다.

- ‘평행이론’만의 장점은.

▲‘평행이론’은 15세 판정을 받았다. 무서워서 치를 떠는 잔인함이 아니라 미스터리 스릴러 물이다. 재미있게 추리하면서 볼 수 있다. 마지막까지 어떻게 사건이 전개 될지 추리하다보면 어느새 영화가 끝나게 될 것 같다. 마지막에는 놀라운 반전도 숨어 있어서 누가 봐도 재미있게 볼 수 있는 영화이다.

- 집에서는 어떤 남편인지.

▲일을 할 때는 일을 열심히 하고 그렇지 않을 때는 집에서는 철저히 집안일을 많이 한다. 일은 제가 좋아서 하는 것도 있지만 가정 때문일 수 있다. 일이 없을 때는 아예 집에서만 머물며 집안일을 한다. 청소도 하고 마트도 가서 심부름도 하고 아기도 보고 그런다. 다른 남자들이 다 하는 대로 저도 한다.

- 일본과 중화권에서 인기가 대단하다.

▲대만 중국 팬들은 ‘대장금’을 보고 가정적이고 부드러울 것 같은 이미지를 좋아하시는 것 같고 그 외에는 ‘10억 만들기’나 ‘결혼 못하는 남자’ 등의 캐릭터를 좋아해주시는 분들도 있다.

- 앞으로 어떤 배우로 남고 싶은지.

▲아직까지 제가 재미있어 하고 좋아하는 것들을 많이 해 왔다. 그러기가 쉽지 않은데 다행이 운이 좋게 그렇게 해 왔다. 드라마를 통해서는 대중적인 모습으로 재미와 볼거리를 드리려고 했었고 영화에서는 TV와는 다른 저의 새로운 모습을 보여드리려고 했다. 그것이 제가 팬들에게 관객들에게 해줄 수 있는 일이라고 생각을 한다. 꾸준히 잘 해서 멋진 모습을 보여드려야 한다고 생각을 한다.

crystal@osen.co.kr

<사진> 민경훈 기자 rumi@osen.co.kr

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!!

Wow I haven't been to soompi for so long! JJH is really busy (and apparently very tired) at the moment, with promotions for his movie Parallel Life and preparation for his new drama Dong Yi.

I translated a recent interview for those wanting to know more about JJH, hope you enjoy it! :D

----------------------------------------------------

An actor in his tenth year, Ji Jin Hee's secret charm

JJH became an actor in his thirties. He made his debut from the SBS drama "Juliet's man", and now it is already the 10th year that this latecomer started acting. He wasn't interested in acting when he was first suggested that he should become an actor, but now he says "an actor is the best job ever". In that sense, JJH's second thriller "Parallel Life" is a movie that contains 10 years of his experience and passion.

The question "why do you retain your gentle image" might be unfair on JJH. It was just that the effect of "Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the palace)" was too big; JJH actually showed us a diverse range of characters. But now in 'Parallel life', he is wearing a suit again. Before judging on appearances, I wanted to know what JJH actually thought. What does acting mean to him?

Q: You filmed three movies, one drama, and even published a book last year. How is that all possible?

A: I went to Italy for the book three years ago. I also started filming Parallel life 3 years ago, and then I filmed my drama. Fortunately, I went from project after another without rest.

Q: In this economic climate, you must be happy about that.

A: Of course. I'm very happy. In my baseball team (Playboys) there are many actors, but they all just do baseball all the time, because they don't have any work. I filmed dramas and movies, so people envied me. I was sorry.

Q: When did you start baseball? Your position?

A: 4 or 5 years ago. I do all kinds of positions, except pitcher and catcher. I wanted to try pitching last year but I was too busy. I think I'll start it next year.

Q: Do you get a lot of energy from your hobbies?

A: Of course! That's what I tell to everyone I meet - To get a hobby. There's a limit to working, no matter how much you like it. Depending on how I feel, or the environment, you could get stress from work. It's important how you overcome those stages. Hobbies help you overcome it quicker. I have many hobbies. Baseball, craftwork, photography, drawing. I recently started rock climbing too. I do these things and try to only think of good, happy things.

Q: Do you still use the camera often?

A: Camera is one of the best toys in the world. I like playing and touching it more than I like taking photos with it. I always like disassembling and making things. I'm also very interested in the design or mechanics of cameras.

Q: That's exactly like your character in "The man who can't get married", in that you like doing things by yourself.

A: Yes that's true. But I don't do them at home. Even if I do, it's just like cleaning my toys when my son sleeps. You have to be loyal to your family at home.

Q: "The man who can't get married" is a remake. I felt that your acting was very similar to Abe Hiroshi (the Japanese actor)'s. You must have researched a lot about the original character.

A: I wasn't going to act so similarly at first. I wanted to make a totally different character, but the script made me act like the original character. I think it would've been the hardest for the writer. One day she rang me and said it was so hard to write the script, and she said it must be just as hard for me.

Q: Jo Jae Hee looks perfect on the outside, but he is a cute character who really has a lot of weaknesses. It must've been fun to act.

A: It was really fun. It was also the life I sought when I was young.

Q: Really?

A: Of course! All men would. It means doing anything you want. You earn lots of money, have a good job, and do anything you like, so who wouldn't want it?

Q: Even if you don't have anyone to eat meat with?

A: He enjoys eating alone, and doesn't want to be interrupted. It's just that he gradually learns from meeting people, and feels lonely through a dog (laughs). You can view it as the growth of a child-like 40 year old man.

Q: What do you think is the golden ratio between 'actor JJH', 'Father/Husband JJH' and 'JJH who enjoys hobbies'?

A: 100! Work 100, Family 100, Hobby 100. When I work, I give everything to acting. But when I have spare time, I give everything for my family. The distinction is important. I'm thankful to my family who understands me.

Q: How did you feel when you chose to act in Parallel Life?

A: I was interested in the theory and its mysteries. I also like reading scenarios (movie synopsis) all at once. I've only acted in such scenarios so far. So I try to get a good sleep before I read them so that I'm in my best condition.

Q: What kind of scenarios do you read all at once?

A: They are H, Perhaps Love, Bewitching Attraction, Soo, Old Garden, Parallel Life, Men who left their houses, and my next Chinese movie (laughs).

Q: Do you like thriller movies?

A: I don't really like thriller movies. I like movies like "Seven" and "The silence of the lambs" - you can feel a different kind of thrill in these movies, without blood. It's the same for Parallel Life. Bewitching Attraction is also a different kind of comedy. I like movies which have a unique feeling to them.

Q: What did you do to prepare for Parallel Life?

A: I don't watch thriller movies if I'm filming a thriller movie. It makes you subconsciously copy the acting, and locks you into a stereotype. I also think alot about the character. The answer is easy if you think through the synopsis well. I also followed other judges (since his character in Parallel Life is a judge) around. But every actor does these sorts of things. It's the same every time.

Q: Did you think you found a new side of yourself in this movie?

A: It's like that every time. That's very fortunate. I am so much better than when I filmed my first drama. I always improve my acting, even if it's a very small amount. I am very proud and thankful to myself about that. I hope it's like that in the future too. I am looking forward to how I good my acting will be in my last project.

Q: Actors make choices, but they also get chosen...

A: I think we always get chosen. But it's more attractive that way. I'm a very optimistic person (laughs). I prepare while I wait to be chosen, so that people don't regret when they choose me. I think I'll become more lazy if it was the other way round. I also like the feeling of my energy being built up while I prepare.

Q: Do you think choosing to become an actor and leaving your photographer job was a reckless choice?

A: No, it was the only choice I could make. My colleague was having a really hard time so I said "don't cry, I'll go out (of the firm)". I said I'll rest for a year and come back when the firm is in a better financial position. My employer said I shouldn't go. But I had been suggested that I should become an actor for a year, so I accepted it.

Q: When did you accept that acting is completely your job?

A: At first, nothing happened. But after meeting directors and having various meetings, I thought that it at least won't make me starve. After a while, I found it very fun. It gives you a chance to live a new life, and makes you continuously try hard. Whether I did photography or design, I always thought that "my job was the best job", and now it's changed to acting. This made me have goals for 10 years, 15 years, 20 years later.

Q: Do you have any regrets that you couldn't show more of your youth in your acting?

A: I act more mature characters, probably because of Dae Jang Geum. But there's nothing bad about that. I want to act characters that suit my age. In fact, I look forward to what I will act when I'm older. The romance of the old... I want to act in these kinds of movies.

Q: Are you burdened by what the success of Dae Jang Geum brought for you?

A: Not at all. The title of the drama is Dae Jang Geum. But I was Min Jung Ho. I bet Lee Young Ae is more burdened than me. I just think comfortably and optimistically that I got more popularity from it. In fact, it's the image that I have now that makes it possible for me to act characters with twists. For example, lets say that I act a murderer. If a really gentle looking person kills people, the shock will come to people more greatly. If I'm able to do that, it's because of my image in Dae Jang Geum.

Q: What do you think is your most representative work?

A: I think Dae Jang Geum will follow me forever. Also Parallel Life will be representative. And after that if I film another work, that will be my representative work. I think I'll do best in the last work I did. It has been like that in the past, and I hope it will be like that in the future.

Q: When do you expect you'll retire?

A: I'm really lucky because there's no retirement age for actors. I want to act until the day I die.

Q: But acting is still work right?

A: It's work. But I enjoy myself while I act. It all depends on the way you think - you can rest after doing a project anyway. I have learnt that people who play hard also work hard.

Q: Are you interested in doing musicals/plays or directing?

A: I'm interested. But I'll only be doing them after I'm able to do my current job (acting) perfectly.

Q: How long do you think it will take to be able to do another area of work (such as musicals or directing)?

A: It took me 10 years to come to where I am now. So I think to get there it will take less than that.

Throughout the interview JJH used words such as "of course", "never", "without a doubt" many times, with emphasis. He spoke 1.5 times faster than other people, and said that the reason was "so that he could say more things". It was an answer that showed his personality of waiting comfortably, but putting everything he's got when something starts. Based on his philosophy of "my last work will be my best", it seems that JJH's representative work will continuously change. I'm also very interested in what his final and best work will be.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teukiie

Actors Jang Dong Gun, Kim Seung Woo, Hwang Jung Min, Ji Jin Hee, Gong Hyun Jin and actress Lee Ha Na have come together to form the musical group, Actor’s Choice.

As they call themselves the Actor’s Choice, the six debuted their special project called We Online O.S.T. The group recorded and sang their first track together titled We, and plans to release the music video very soon.

The actors know that times are pretty tough right now so they created this song so that no matter how hard life gets this song will be able to cheer a person up and give them hope. The track is 5minutes and 30 seconds of the actors’ true sincere feelings.

A teaser documentary/BTS will be released on the 3rd and the full music video will be released on the 5th.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/03/6-actors-un...a-musical-group

See more pictures at the source!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kangminlover

อยากดูนังเรื่องใหม่ๆของพี่จินฮี เมื่อไหร่จะเข้ามาไทยสักที >////////<

คิดถึงจะแย่อยู่แล้วววววววววววววววววนะ

ดีวีดี Soo ก็หมดอีก เซงเป็ด T ^ T อยากซื้อมาดู

Just re-watched Dae Jang Geum again and I've got o say, I looooove Ji Jin Hee even more. His acting was fantastic in that series. Please keep updating this forum about any news of him. Greatly appreciated!!

p.s. does anyone know how long its going to take for JJH to show up in Dong Yi?

EDIT TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

Ji Jin Hee will be making his appearance in ep 4, which will be tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to the preview for ep 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHgfPmFLgIM

@ around 30 seconds JJH shows up and he looks adorable. Really young and mischievous! :)

Everyone tune in!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest yeezer

Wow I'm surprised there's hardly any visitor here since Dong Yi is currently airing and seems quiet popular. Anyway I'm totally loving it!! Ji Jin Hee is so cute and adorable in there, playing the playful and funny king. Looking forward to the rest of Dong Yi. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest farhah1986

I really love Ji Jin Hee since I watch Jewel in the palace...I also love his character in The Man Can't Get Married.Right my favorite show is Dong Yi where sukjong will act as King Sukjong.At first I feel worried when I heard the news that he would play sukjong and costar with Han Hyo Joo because of the wide age gap even when I like him in Jewel In The Palace..But Ji Jin Hee really suprise me with his character as Sukjong...he really make a good chemistry with Han Hyo Joo..and I always waithing for their meeting together for each episode.

Now it already reach 26h episode...I hope Sukjong would meet Dong Yi again and make her as a consort.

Archived