[Drama 2017] Woman of Dignity 품위있는 그녀

Go Seung Ji

“Woman Of Dignity” Becomes Most-Watched JTBC Drama, Beats Record Set By “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

Woman-of-Dignity-Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-So

“Woman of Dignity” has officially become JTBC’s most-watched drama, beating out “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

According to statistics released by Nielsen Korea, the 16th episode of the drama that aired on August 5 scored viewership ratings of 9.986 percent, which was 2.588 percent higher than the previous episode. This has made “Woman of Dignity” the most-watched JTBC drama, breaking the record of 9.668 percent set by “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

Though “Woman of Dignity” didn’t have a strong start, with its first episode scoring ratings of 2.044 percent, it soon started rising at a surprising rate, with many speculating that it would surpass “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

Now with four episodes left, many are curious to see if the drama will be able to break the 10 percent threshold before it ends.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/06/woman-dignity-becomes-watched-jtbc-drama-beats-record-set-strong-woman-bong-soon/

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I figured this out after 16 Ep, Park Bok-Ja and Woo Ah-Jin were the two little girls
that fight over the doll. Park Bok-Ja is out to destroy what Woo Ah-Jin has to revenge for
what happened to her long ago. So everyone in that family is innocent, Bok-Ja took revenge
on Ah-Jin by destroying all the people surroundind Ah-Jin instead. Either Ah-Jin or the 
1st daughter-in-law(Park Joo-Mi) is the other little girl that Bok-Ja is taking revenge on.

And every time I see Woo Ah-Jin husband(or Ex-husband) on screen I have to laough so hard.
Someone needs to give his character the "Husband of the year" award, lol. I can't believed
that he think it's normal for him to live harmonious along his wife and his mistress. The
"richard simmons bag" in his character runs deep...hahaha.

We also know now that Ah-Jin is just as conniving as Bok-Ja, just not as obvious.  The fake medical document that Ah-Jin produced saying that the old man had dementia when he signed those papers turning everything over to BJ is nothing more than an attempt at undoing Bok-Ja.  Ah- Jin is still stinging over the fact that she is no longer in control of the family finances, a pretty good gig for a long time.  Who really knows what she may have pilfered out for herself over the years? And she's so sneaky about everything, she has the family completely fooled.   The rest of the family is so dysfunctional that, at this point, I don't see any of them pulling off a murder.  The detective was really questioning Ah-Jin;  I wonder if he thinks she's the prime suspect.

16 hours ago, ddeokbokkii said:

I think I figured this out after 16 Ep, Park Bok-Ja and Woo Ah-Jin were the two little girls
that fight over the doll. Park Bok-Ja is out to destroy what Woo Ah-Jin has to revenge for
what happened to her long ago. So everyone in that family is innocent, Bok-Ja took revenge
on Ah-Jin by destroying all the people surroundind Ah-Jin instead. Either Ah-Jin or the 
1st daughter-in-law(Park Joo-Mi) is the other little girl that Bok-Ja is taking revenge on.

And every time I see Woo Ah-Jin husband(or Ex-husband) on screen I have to laough so hard.
Someone needs to give his character the "Husband of the year" award, lol. I can't believed
that he think it's normal for him to live harmonious along his wife and his mistress. The
"richard simmons bag" in his character runs deep...hahaha.

Thought in ep 16, they showed us that Bok Jia went & looked for the little girl whow falsely accused her of stealing the doll and that got her sent back to orphanage. BJ found that the mean girl got divorced with no where to live and that house BJ wanted to buy over will be sold off in auction soon. So BJ couldn't take her revenge. 

The young guy who grew up with BJ told Woo Ah Jin that BJ knew her way before BJ met her for the job interview, however we were not told yet what is the relationship between BJ & AJ.

11 hours ago, msmy said:

We also know now that Ah-Jin is just as conniving as Bok-Ja, just not as obvious.  The fake medical document that Ah-Jin produced saying that the old man had dementia when he signed those papers turning everything over to BJ is nothing more than an attempt at undoing Bok-Ja.  Ah- Jin is still stinging over the fact that she is no longer in control of the family finances, a pretty good gig for a long time.  Who really knows what she may have pilfered out for herself over the years? And she's so sneaky about everything, she has the family completely fooled.   The rest of the family is so dysfunctional that, at this point, I don't see any of them pulling off a murder.  The detective was really questioning Ah-Jin;  I wonder if he thinks she's the prime suspect.

25 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Thought in ep 16, they showed us that Bok Jia went & looked for the little girl whow falsely accused her of stealing the doll and that got her sent back to orphanage. BJ found that the mean girl got divorced with no where to live and that house BJ wanted to buy over will be sold off in auction soon. So BJ couldn't take her revenge. 

The young guy who grew up with BJ told Woo Ah Jin that BJ knew her way before BJ met her for the job interview, however we were not told yet what is the relationship between BJ & AJ.

Yeah, the writer didn't reveal early on why Bok-Ja's destroying Mr. Ahn family. So, early
on it made the viewers though that Mr. Ahn family did something wrong to Bok-Ja in the past.
But, in the later episodes, it seems more and more like Bok-Ja is taking revenge on one of
the two daughter-in-law of Mr. Ahn. As it stand right now, it looks more and more likely
that Woo Ah-Jin is Bok-Ja main target.

gosh i love this drama, you never get bored with everything that's happening with all of the characters.

I particularly like the fight when Bok Ja went to the house of the mistress of Jae Suk. She was ridiculously cool. And when the father knew about his son's affair, it was actually funny seeing them fight and their exchange of words was crazy funny. Well I'm still episode 10, got to catch up.

Finally caught up through ep 16.  Everyone: BJ envied AhJin from afar back in her maid days.  She targeted Ah Jin and wanted her type of life.  We're shown how BJ got the same suite she met Ah Jin in as a maid.  She's copying how Ah Jin stood at the window.  And she's refusing to leave that suite even when she's been attacked there.  In fact, all the episodes have shown BJ checking out what Ah Jin does and how she is.  Ah Jin is BJ's idol. 

7 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Finally caught up through ep 16.  Everyone: BJ envied AhJin from afar back in her maid days.  She targeted Ah Jin and wanted her type of life.  We're shown how BJ got the same suite she met Ah Jin in as a maid.  She's copying how Ah Jin stood at the window.  And she's refusing to leave that suite even when she's been attacked there.  In fact, all the episodes have shown BJ checking out what Ah Jin does and how she is.  Ah Jin is BJ's idol. 

Bok-Ja worked as a maid in that luxury hotel. There must be ton of rich women goin in and
out of that Hotel. Why Bok-Ja only envy Woo Ah-Jin?, that doesn't make a lot of sense.
I think Woo Ah-Jin or the other daughter-in-law is the little girl that Bok-Ja got in a
fight with when they were young. That incident caused her to be return to the orphanage 
that she were adopted from. I think Bok-Ja's growing up holding a grudge against the other
little girl. She wants everything the other girl has.
If this is true, I feel bad for Mr. Ahn family. Even though we don't like most of the 
characters in his family, they don't deserve what Bok-Ja did to them. They are the innocent 
party in this mess. 
She wanted to kill the fish, but she doesn't want to kill the fish directly. So, she destroyed
the fish environment instead. When the fish's environment failed, the fish will slowly die
with it. This woman is really really psycho.

The backstory of Ah Jin and Bok Ja sounds like a Brazilian telenovela called A Favorita. It was a brilliant novela in which we discovered the Bok Ja and Ah Jin characters to be sisters. The Bok Ja was jealous of the Ah Jin for being given a doll by their adoptive father. Her jealousy in that moment set off the coolest chain of events. It was a drama and a half!!

I bet you our Bok Ja and Ah Jin have a relationship from childhood, and Bok Ja was jealous.

Hopefully Woman of Dignity passes the 10% mark tonight!

Could someone please help me better understand what is going on with the situation around Mr. Han?  

So Bok-Ja sold Daesung Pulp to Mr. Han? Why? And for how much?  Is it just because she wanted cash?  Also, who exactly are the "seven princesses"?

35 minutes ago, wchoi8 said:

Could someone please help me better understand what is going on with the situation around Mr. Han?  

So Bok-Ja sold Daesung Pulp to Mr. Han? Why? And for how much?  Is it just because she wanted cash?  Also, who exactly are the "seven princesses"?

Book-ja sold Daesung Pulp to Mr. Han for $750 million for the cash. Sorry, can't help with the Seven Princesses, ff that part to be honest.

21 hours ago, chdom said:

Book-ja sold Daesung Pulp to Mr. Han for $750 million for the cash. Sorry, can't help with the Seven Princesses, ff that part to be honest.

It's all a scam from Mr Han. The Daesung Pulp is worth more than $750 million. Hé got it dirt cheap from her in a legal way because she was naive and don't know the real value of the company.

It's sad that she could have everything without selling off the company. The old man sincerely loves her and would give her the luxurious life forever. The 3 children are totally useless. At least Jae Suc isn't that bad, he has his dad at heart and is not fighting over his $$ like the rest of his siblings and sister in law.

Wow ...Bok Ja has lots of enemies who wants to kill her.

Wonder who is the killer. Hope it is not Ah Jin.  I want her to start her new life with that sauve lawyer.

Hi Woman of Dignity fans.  For such a good drama and the highest rated, I'm surprised that this forum has only 8 pages.  I was expecting more input from viewers expressing their thoughts on this drama, its main characters and the people in their lives.  If I were to guess, it maybe due to the unlikeability of all the characters, with the exception of Woo Ah Jin  (I'd be shocked if she turned out to be the villain in the end).  

For those who follow soaps on TV, the theme of this drama is nothing new or original.  An ambitious woman seducing a millionaire way past his prime, the old man so smitten with her that he'd do anything and give up his riches to make her happy, his obnoxious children who can't wait to get their inheritance, their friends with their adulterous wives and husbands,  all make up for an interesting and exciting storyline.  My only objection is the choice of the actor Kim Yong Gun as the old patriarch.  He's way too old.  I would have preferred  Kim Kap Soo, a very good character actor.

The best treat for me was watching Kim Sun Ah, one of the best Korean actresses, if not the best.  I've been a fan of hers since "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon" and I've followed her career throughout the years.  I especially loved her in this drama because she's all glammed up (my compliments to her stylist and make-up artist) and the way she vamped and glided across the screen in her fashion forward outfits, not to mention exceptional acting was just a joy to watch.  Loved all her clothes and accessories, so classy and glamorous and the way KSA wore them made me swoon.  Let me share all the clothes she wore.  

7Dj7811acOCo4itc4z3SbGIHLMTDDSupeoUZ1kOy

6HimhYrUdApPyLOsT5S8eOqg_F5qigo9vC0K4_Lu

1sySnOrNk0UInbG-Zv3ADem80gKQmvX2gXLQSoNa

7FlMqHpfDB_ZnF9qaeTDG63QAV3Z5UDEhkjH82kO

YacxAx8iuTRLimp6zoI96d43D11aws9Uo81v0UiA

@sheherizade3... Amen to all of that!  Kim SunAh is the perfect choice for this role and I love her work.  And so beautiful!  I think she has had a reputation of being "difficult" sometimes, but that is the artist in her that makes everything she does top rate.  The actress that plays Woo AhJin is also very good, although I find her voice somewhat "thin" sometimes when the situation demands more of an authoritarian tone.  Just my opinion.

The action on this thread has been very limited, maybe because it has taken us so long to get the gist of the story line.  There sure are a lot of moral lessons presented in this drama, whether it's about money, loyalty, greed, selfishness, pecking orders, misunderstandings... you name it.  I don't know if there are any OMG! moments left or not ,but I look forward to the final 2 episodes and everyone's take on this drama.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

@sheherizade3... Amen to all of that!  Kim SunAh is the perfect choice for this role and I love her work.  And so beautiful!  I think she has had a reputation of being "difficult" sometimes, but that is the artist in her that makes everything she does top rate.  The actress that plays Woo AhJin is also very good, although I find her voice somewhat "thin" sometimes when the situation demands more of an authoritarian tone.  Just my opinion.

The action on this thread has been very limited, maybe because it has taken us so long to get the gist of the story line.  There sure are a lot of moral lessons presented in this drama, whether it's about money, loyalty, greed, selfishness, pecking orders, misunderstandings... you name it.  I don't know if there are any OMG! moments left or not ,but I look forward to the final 2 episodes and everyone's take on this drama.

@msmy, I'm glad KSA accepted this role of a villain which was a first for her, I also got to see her all dressed up and stunningly beautiful.  I'm surprised that KSA has a reputation of being "difficult."  I devoured all the bts clips of Kim Sam Soon and she impressed me as someone cool and friendly to everyone.  I hope she continues to receive roles in spite of her being difficult because she's so worth it and as you mentioned, she gives top rate performance.  I agree with you that Kim Hee Sun gave credence to her character as Woo Ah Jin but her acting was a little underwhelming.  Her voice was flat and her facial expressions were bland and did not convey the varied emotions expected from a central character of this drama.  I wanted more from her.  

With the exception of Woo Ah Jin, the heroine who's morally upright, a dutiful daughter-in-law, a loving wife and mother, as well as a good and forgiving person, everyone, including KSA's Park Bok Ja were downright obnoxious.  Park Bok Ja's someone you'd love to hate because of her scheming and unwavering passion to achieve her dream of being as rich as Woo Ah Jin whom she idolized.  But towards the end, she was still the little girl craving for acceptance when she begged WAJ to make her into WAJ's image.  Her pathetic attempt to be recognized as a member of the elite was really pitiful.  She reached her goal of being wealthy only to realized that money cannot buy happiness.  I think this is the biggest lesson in this drama.

01PbCAfTKoROmNcho9LoOGYct7qsSEqoxXV74Y6H

r3SjZxd1a-FpohI7QUDJlqxTmxzCOMRPG-oB_mJa

F9ImzJ6sNpCFbZ0qpie193NjZc5sFa6Y5LME_AKY

x0SngpDAo0ER5x1ldRGvDrw17HapjqW1DO8kdQjN

Archived