[Drama 2016] Father, I’ll Take Care of You 아버님 제가 모실게요

tompark

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

Today's episode i can say it is surrounding SJ's birth secrets.  

Thanks for the  recap @chocolatepie...Poor SJ!!!i hope DH will be there for him ...his life is such a mess!

53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview and translation underneath.

thanks for translation @stroppyse

On 2/26/2017 at 5:19 PM, whome said:

Our fave couple is finally getting some notice ... 

http://netizendrama.blogspot.com/2017/02/instiz-lee-tae-hwan-park-eun-bin-couple.html

The first thing everyone says about this couple is the height difference. It's startling obvious, but it makes it so adorable at the same time. PEB is going to develop a bit of neck pain after the drama's filming from constantly having to raise her head to look at LTH every time she looks at him.

I so agree with everyone they are more than adorable!!!  It may be because there are so many trees around me but when I think of SJ I think of a tall strong oak it's limbs and leaves reaching the sky and when I think of DH I think of  my small weeping willow underneath that is protected from the sun by the large oak. It even leans a little towards the oak.  Which reminds me of DH leaning and resting on SJ...

Just saw the last episode in the raw waiting on the subs but already hoping tomorrow brings more viewing time of  SJ & DH now that they are on the same page as far as their feelings.  I just think they are the sweetest couple and with everything that SJ is dealing with I hope he holds onto DH and allows her to give and be his strength.  For it's when one is in the valley and those hardships and doubt about things and ones life come that you really need an anchor and love to hold onto.  Such as DH!!!  While the storms around SJ rage and his heart and mind are tossed in every direction having DH and her warmth to comfort him through it all would mean everything.   Yet when you have someone to hold you through those tough times and walk with you through the darkness.  When you come out the other side you realize how much stronger you both are and how thankful for that hand your holding...

My post went from a personal thing to a character analysis.  

I'm sorry chingu's I just can't get behind a lot of what you guys support as characters.  Let me be clear I don't have a problem with your support for something I despise...but sometimes I do feel uncomfortable for the bashing on my fave characters. Plus, some shade at the actors.  I don't really despise SJ & DH--I just find them boring.  That's it.  I simple want the DH from ep 1, I'm not really seeing that now.

I really love JE & HW----I really like them. I also think the actors have great chemistry---I'm not saying as good as the ones on Laurel Tailors; but they're good.  However, some of the comments here...sort of push me away.  I have criticized JE & HW, but here, it does get over the top.

I get what some of you might be feeling about HW; but HW is a very very very complex character for what he's been through as a child; he actually has a mental illness.  When HW is thought of, when his actions seem odd or bizarre---you can't compare him with other characters.  He is a character that has to be seen as someone mentally ill.  I'm not saying he's crazy.  

As I've said a few times---he suffers from PTSD.  He has NEVER been treated for it--now thinking (offically) his brother's dead. He's just gone to another level.  JE is the ONLY character on the show that has seen him have an "episode"; I think she recognizes that he has PTSD.  Especially, after she heard about him at the orphanage and so on. Unlike some of you, what I've seen, comments aside from actor & charactor chemistry, for a bit.

I'll give you another perspective on the JE & HW relationship---I'm not looking at any chem nonsense-those things are hit or miss for me.  I'm speaking simply on their relationship.

1.  Why did they break up?  I'm removing the idea of the necklace as holding the couple ring because that's an assumption.  I've been wrong all the time about those things; assumptions I mean.  I'm going by the way he broke up with JE; and why HW followed the directions in that  boyfriend book; (assumption) he didn't want her in the crossfire (a casualty of war).  JE is a highly intelligent woman. He knew she was, but not to the level she is.  When they had dinner together--she figured out he was breaking with her--before it ended. As I said, I didn't do it out of revenge from what I can see. JE was getting to close In some ways- I felt he wanted to give everything she wanted because when destroys her family he's leaving.  HW is leaving after hurting her family and never coming back.He hasn't even looked at her mother and father's relationship. Technically, JE and her mom/dad are safe. 

2. Why is he dating the cousin? Here we have assumptions.  We don't know what role she played in the after the accident. But he's after her too.  He could be going in the pattern of her brothers or something else. I really want to say that she said he smelled "funny."

3.  Why did he go after all those people? Despite living happy lives; THEY all were still committing sins galore.  He actually didn't wasn't acting out a revenge.  I also think this is what is missing from getting HW.  The man just basically released the truth behind the crimes they were still committing. That's not revenge; that's called "whistleblower". 

4. Why is JE so important?  In all the characters JE is the only one who made him smile.  Remember when they went shopping together? Remember when he decorated the shop for her; then covered her while she slept in a tent (he didn't even want to care but he did.  He was even surprised when she called him a friend.  He was shocked he had someone who thought of him in that way; she connected with him.  

I'll never forget when they implied that her birth mother had JE adopted I think by HS (I could be wrong--but I'm not sure). The grandmother said it.  JE is intelligent, we know---she's like those cop german shepherds. That family raised her, not her mother.  Can you imagine how traumatic that could have been for her? She dealt with anger by traveling the world. HW had no one to guide or help him.  As I said, JE saw his "episode."  Especially, when people drop interesting comments about him; left and right.

I think also the most important point between JE and HW is that she understands why he is committing what, I see, we are calling "revenge." She has seen him in him at his worst.  Can you imagine that?  The man you love, suffering in that way.  Then you find out the misery he experienced and that the people who did it are connected to you, you're community people.  Your own family.  She understands and she doesn't blame him; but wants him to stop.

I was surprised by that.  She doesn't see what he's doing as wrong, "really." After speaking to the doctor and her finding out what she did. She understands even more.  JE, seems to see his actions as something that will kill the friend to boyfriend she knows.  She's seen it, experiencied it . The man she went from calling a friend to a boyfriend. JE seems to see deeply into HW. She sees a horribly suffering little boy that he was inside the man he is now. 

I mean guys, look at her watching cousin and HW. Yeah, it pained her---I meain who wouldn't have that pang.  However, we saw JE get over it quickly and go after him.  Why? Because she knows the point of his actions, but innocent people like SJ would get hurt and he was brought into the family AFTER all of the other things happened, supposedly. Therefore, even when he was getting angry and rejecting her---she fought him to stop.  JE isn't afraid of his actions.  She understood, but she's trying to stop him.  

That's how I see JE and HW's relationship.  We have HW who suffers from PTSD; and we have JE, who loves him despite it and wants to protect him.

Last--Most don't really feel the couple or think the characters/actors have chemistry.  From what I can see, DH and SJ are dominating the show; BIG time.

I think in about 2-3 more episode it will be dominated with JE & HW when HW find out SJ is his brother.  Yeah, I know SJ and HW will be the focal point.  But SJ will still have to deal with his family and especially HS's lies.  You all know how long that takes. HS's actions will turn that family upside down and that will be a big deal. With a lot of DH/SJ and JE & HW. All this at the same time we'll have to figure out the HW and his future actions.  HW & SJ as a team will have to deal with HS's did to their family. Here we will have HW leaning on JE. Before SJ/HW move ahead. I just feel as though HW will have another break down in front of JE and she will have to care for him. 

This means that I think JE/HW will have far more scenes and importance in the show. 

4 minutes ago, vaberella said:

As I've said a few times---he suffers from PTSD.  He has NEVER been treated for it--now thinking (offically) his brother's dead. He's just gone to another level.  JE is the ONLY character on the show that has seen him have an "episode". Unlike, what I've seen comments aside from chemistry

@vaberella....CHingu , you are correct  HW's PTSD is severe and I have to say HW did fall for JE. Like you, I am not feeling the chemistry between them but I will say this HW needs a bubbly person to balance the his cold attitude. Even HW is cold but he is just to afraid to show any weakness. I think having a cold personality has helped him live some way since he lost everything dear to him when he was young. Although I am DH and SJ fan  i will be telling you why i love DH. I pity this character so much because she has suffered a lot and has majorrrrr low self esteem. SHe has no confidence and has always lived to not cause any drama because her fake male cousin was sooo very lazy and selfish. THis fake cousin took advantage of her and the granmother and she has never got the chance to build her confidence up. Right t=now DH is petty much struggling to survive and find herself. DH needs someone SJ to help her build her confidence and to acheive her goals. At the rate she is going she will never accomplish it. We still haven't found out why DH ended up living with the maid. 

47 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@vaberella....CHingu , you are correct  HW's PTSD is severe and I have to say HW did fall for JE. Like you, I am not feeling the chemistry between them but I will say this HW needs a bubbly person to balance the his cold attitude.

Although I am DH and SJ fan  i will be telling you why i love DH. I pity this character so much because she has suffered a lot and has majorrrrr low self esteem. 

No, no.  I actually do feel chemistry---just very little and with high potential. I also feel that's simply because HW and SJ story hasn't been fully revealed. I think when that happens----HW will turn to JE.  Even HW's assisstant implied that. For instance, the assisstant said she might be the to stop his actions. Changing his personality. I feel that suggests a lot more will develop between JE & HW. We do agree that HW does need a lady with a bubbly personality. I'll never forget the shopping scene. That poor man; JE had him decorate the whole store by himself. In the same scene he put her coat on her and you can see the change in his expression. Or when she had to use him as a shield against her drunk mum....Oh man, what was that?  I was surprised to see HW do it.. He's also was the one to get her to live with her mother. I just love. Actually, you made me want to go and watch the eps again. 

Apologies Chingu for cutting your post, but you wrote something interesting to me. Let's go back to the first episode, in Taiwan. Her family didn't want her to go. That was not a girl with low self esteem.  She slept on a bench in Taiwan, on a public bench. She could have been violated, or whatever danger.  She held her own  She wasn't crying even when she was kidnapped by guys who threatened to kill her. In the first episode she was a strong person.  To me, when you have low self-esteem, you don't take risks like that, particularly ones so dangerous.  Not to be sexist or anything, that takes some balls.  She didn't let him or anyone else talk down to her.  She ran away from SJ THREE times (taxi, restaurant, and tried at the outside restaurant). To the point she forgot her bag--so she didn't have to pay her brother's debt. While, DH, wasn't only shocked by her gaul; especially leaving him with the taxi bill. He was joking in this weird way with her...like she was a silly bunny at the passport place. She waved, smilling like a cute nut; while being reprimanded.

DH in episode one just feels inherently different from episode 2+.   I mean this girl took a plane ticket to find her so-called brother in a country she knows nothing about and can't speak the language. Yeah, Chingu, I just can't follow that.  I feel like I'm seeing two different characters. SJ stayed the same, but DH became very different.  It was like they switched her character and made her meek.  If you can, and I'm not forcing you...but take a look at her in ep.1, again.  That was a strong girl with a strong personality.  I just don't see a girl with a self-esteem issue.  Especially, when she tried to escape---leaving her bag behind.  I mean think about it.  She signed a contract forcing to work where she did.  She can talk back. She knows how to work. I would love DH/SJ if DH ep 1 was still there.  Dunno really...just a bit meh wih them. Definitely, not knocing your love.

1 hour ago, vaberella said:

.  If you can, and I'm not forcing you...but take a look at her in ep.1, again.  That was a strong girl with a strong personality.  I just don't see a girl with a self-esteem issue.  Especially, when she tried to escape---leaving her bag behind.  I mean think about it.  She signed a contract forcing to work where she did.  

Chingu @vaberella.... I agree with you , from episode 1 She was fierce and reallly strong . But look at her now, her fear in competiting with a ten year veteran writer, where is the girl who wasn't afraid of thugs , when she allowed MJ to treat her like she was an insect to be stepped on. Maybe my choice of words were wrong but looking at her being talked or treated badly by her coworkers was disgusting. None of her coworkers have never show her any respect except for the write lady. I still don't loose that lady write Fromm SJ's team. She tries to stop her coworkers but never succeed to shut them up. Look at how many times she tried to give up on her synopsis because of MJ bullying. If her confidence were high, DH would never have thought to giving up or selling her synopsis. 

But once the truth comes out, you will see how quick they will change their attitude and DH will tell them she has no hard feelings. I would never pass judgement on someone that isn't educated and I would still respect them. They treat her badly for what her cousin did and she has never once tried to point that out. Here she is taking responsibility for that man and they would rather looked down on her.

@vaberella, hope you do not get offended by what i'm going to write..  i felt the anger in your post. i can understand your anger when everyone seems to be more into the other couple and not the one that you felt was better.  We were just voicing out what we saw and felt from the drama, nothing personal against the characters.  The pace of the development of the characters are in the hands of the writer.  We did comment about SJ/DH relationship after episode 10+ when it just didn't move and we felt that the writer didn't pace it out smoothly.  For HW & JE, i do feels the same way too and our comments are based on that episode or a particular scene(s).  But i have to say that HW in his bathroom, getting wet and touching the necklace do tells me that he is holding back his emotions infront of JE.  Yes, maybe the couple ring wasn't on the necklace, it could be something his father left behind for him?  

My interpretation of 'whistleblower' is different from you.  If you just happened to know someone is committing a sin and report to the police, i would call that person a whistleblower'.  HW came back with a motive, find his brother and punish those who caused his father's suicide.  He has asked his assistant to investigate on those people and not others. For example, he & his assistant met this scammer in the restaurant (JHwa was there as well) and knowing that he is a scammer, yet he didn't do anything. Why? this person did not hurt him and i doubt he has time to deal with these kind of people. So, for that,  i would not say that HW is a 'whistleblower' to those who has caused his father's death. Or rather, he is 'acting' like a whistleblower in his plan.   I have also said before that even if HW came back to take revenge in the legal way, i'm fine because he has been hurt by those people and they have caused his father's death.  

As for DH, she may be a strong and at the same time weak person. Or maybe she is a weak person, but has to act strong in circumstances that doesn't allow her to be weak. For a strong person, they have their weak moments too.  For a weak person, they will know that if they don't try to be strong, they are dead.  I could relate to this, because i do not like to travel alone, i always need a partner to go with me.  But i had to travel alone once, otherwise i will missed the chance. At certain times, some incidents will make you a strong person temporary.  She knows her grandma is old already, HJ is already married and has her own family, the cousin made them homeless, loan sharks chasing after them and she doesn't know the story behind all these. She has to look for her cousin to solve the issue (as if it could be).  She didn't go taiwan on her own, she signed up with a tour group (correct me if i'm wrong).  The fact that she did not have a place to sleep could be that the group accommodation was not at the place she was at.  It may sounds weird, because the tour leader cannot leave the tourist behind in such cases, the writer did not think that it is illogical of it.  But what to do? this is a drama, if everything has to be logical, there is nothing interesting story to write, i guess.  

HW is suffering from PTSD, but that doesn't give him the rights to do to others who has not directly caused his father's death, eg. SH, SS & SJ.  He should go to HS directly.  Moreover, his assistant, who has been with him for so long, knows the purpose of his return, helped him with his plan.  He knows HW is emotionally unstable (earlier episode when he was angry with JE touching his stuff and later part when he learnt about SW 'death' and hang his father's necktie in his apartment), yet not doing a thing about it and just because he think that JE will be the one who will be able to help HW, left him as he is.  yes, i know, it's my assumption again that i think the assistant did nothing, but that is just my views from what i'm seeing right now.  

When i mentioned that i didn't feel the sparks in JE/HW relationship could be that SJ/DH has alot more scenes of them looking out for each others. There were not many scenes of HW showing his feelings for JE, thus some of us commented that there is something lacking in HW/JE relationship.  

I'm not sure if this drama has 1 or 2PDs.  If there are 2, then i could understand why. But if there is only 1 PD, then i would put the 'blame' on the writer for a not-so-smooth script.  We have mentioned about DNA test previously, HW who was so sure that SJ is his brother did not even thought about DNA verification but decided to believe the police based on the jacket found on the victim. His assistant also did not thought about this DNA test which is so common nowsaday.  It shows that the writer is weak in certain areas. So, i hope you do not misunderstand us when we gave our POV.  

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu @vaberella.... I agree with you , from episode 1 She was fierce and reallly strong . But look at her now, her fear in competiting with a ten year veteran writer, where is the girl who wasn't afraid of thugs , when she allowed MJ to treat her like she was an insect to be stepped on. Maybe my choice of words were wrong but looking at her being talked or treated badly by her coworkers was disgusting. None of her coworkers have never show her any respect except for the write lady. I still don't loose that lady write Fromm SJ's team. She tries to stop her coworkers but never succeed to shut them up. Look at how many times she tried to give up on her synopsis because of MJ bullying. If her confidence were high, DH would never have thought to giving up or selling her synopsis. 

But once the truth comes out, you will see how quick they will change their attitude and DH will tell them she has no hard feelings. I would never pass judgement on someone that isn't educated and I would still respect them. They treat her badly for what her cousin did and she has never once tried to point that out. Here she is taking responsibility for that man and they would rather looked down on her.

I think is one of the problems.  I thought I would see DH from 1 be able to handle those things---just likke she did the thugs.  Fine...she gets caught.  But even when those people would make her run around---I picture her making faces at them.   When the red-head especially would make a comment---DH1 would have dropped water (accidently) on her---do things in such a way.  DH was never ashamed of where they lived or how they lived.  She wasn't sad about t.  Working with that veteran writing came, much, much, much later.  I can see being intimidated but I do feel the writers did change her character---a lot and I don't know.  Again, she handled being bullied by thugs, but couldn't handle her synopsis? SJ would have her back and I can see some of the members having her back.  But chingu, we could go on this for a while:grin:

12 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

@vaberella, hope you do not get offended by what i'm going to write..  i felt the anger in your post. i can understand your anger when everyone seems to be more into the other couple and not the one that you felt was better.  We were just voicing out what we saw and felt from the drama, nothing personal against the characters.  The pace of the development of the characters are in the hands of the writer.  We did comment about SJ/DH relationship after episode 10+ when it just didn't move and we felt that the writer didn't pace it out smoothly.  For HW & JE, i do feels the same way too and our comments are based on that episode or a particular scene(s).  But i have to say that HW in his bathroom, getting wet and touching the necklace do tells me that he is holding back his emotions infront of JE.  Yes, maybe the couple ring wasn't on the necklace, it could be something his father left behind for him?  

My interpretation of 'whistleblower' is different from you.  If you just happened to know someone is committing a sin and report to the police, i would call that person a whistleblower'.  HW came back with a motive, find his brother and punish those who caused his father's suicide.  He has asked his assistant to investigate on those people and not others. For example, he & his assistant met this scammer in the restaurant (JHwa was there as well) and knowing that he is a scammer, yet he didn't do anything. Why? this person did not hurt him and i doubt he has time to deal with these kind of people. So, for that,  i would not say that HW is a 'whistleblower' to those who has caused his father's death. Or rather, he is 'acting' like a whistleblower in his plan.   I have also said before that even if HW came back to take revenge in the legal way, i'm fine because he has been hurt by those people and they have caused his father's death.  

As for DH, she may be a strong and at the same time weak person. Or maybe she is a weak person, but has to act strong in circumstances that doesn't allow her to be weak. For a strong person, they have their weak moments too.  For a weak person, they will know that if they don't try to be strong, they are dead.  I could relate to this, because i do not like to travel alone, i always need a partner to go with me.  But i had to travel alone once, otherwise i will missed the chance. At certain times, some incidents will make you a strong person temporary.  She knows her grandma is old already, HJ is already married and has her own family, the cousin made them homeless, loan sharks chasing after them and she doesn't know the story behind all these. She has to look for her cousin to solve the issue (as if it could be).  She didn't go taiwan on her own, she signed up with a tour group (correct me if i'm wrong).  The fact that she did not have a place to sleep could be that the group accommodation was not at the place she was at.  It may sounds weird, because the tour leader cannot leave the tourist behind in such cases, the writer did not think that it is illogical of it.  But what to do? this is a drama, if everything has to be logical, there is nothing interesting story to write, i guess.  

HW is suffering from PTSD, but that doesn't give him the rights to do to others who has not directly caused his father's death, eg. SH, SS & SJ.  He should go to HS directly.  Moreover, his assistant, who has been with him for so long, knows the purpose of his return, helped him with his plan.  He knows HW is emotionally unstable (earlier episode when he was angry with JE touching his stuff and later part when he learnt about SW 'death' and hang his father's necktie in his apartment), yet not doing a thing about it and just because he think that JE will be the one who will be able to help HW, left him as he is.  yes, i know, it's my assumption again that i think the assistant did nothing, but that is just my views from what i'm seeing right now.  

When i mentioned that i didn't feel the sparks in JE/HW relationship could be that SJ/DH has alot more scenes of them looking out for each others. There were not many scenes of HW showing his feelings for JE, thus some of us commented that there is something lacking in HW/JE relationship.  

I'm not sure if this drama has 1 or 2PDs.  If there are 2, then i could understand why. But if there is only 1 PD, then i would put the 'blame' on the writer for a not-so-smooth script.  We have mentioned about DNA test previously, HW who was so sure that SJ is his brother did not even thought about DNA verification but decided to believe the police based on the jacket found on the victim. His assistant also did not thought about this DNA test which is so common nowsaday.  It shows that the writer is weak in certain areas. So, i hope you do not misunderstand us when we gave our POV.  

Understand something about me, the only things on the show that I HATE is that damn dog, the water they call Soju (lots of Soju) on this show, DEFINITELY the apple juice poor HW keeps drinking (I've never seen someone drink so much apple juice---we should turn that into a drinking game(little kids ignore that)), and finally the worst of them all HS! This is with a passion that can't be spoken--it's in the level watching my mom eat pig feet looking at her eat it). You all, NO.  I just feel unomfortable posting sometimes. Overall , I consider my self a relativist.

I'm only responding to what you see in color. I'm also voicing what I saw in the episodes and said nothing personal against DH/SJ because 1) DH seems highly different from ep 1 to 2+ (as I stated); 2) I was getting seriously tired of the library scenes.  Oh the gods, those library scenes.  I actually want her to move downstairs and give her "sister" that upstairs section. It doen't make sense that the family says together and she's upstairs since her grandma.   But who cares about that. It was those bloody library or office scenes.  Now the house and dog scenes I need the dog to go away.

As an aside I wasn't angry at anyone.  I just felt decidedly unwelcome at times based on the commentary. I didn't call anyone out since it wasn't one person.  That's just down right mean. 

I made it very clear in my post that I was not going to talk about the shower/neclace scene. 

Okay, I'll relent from "whistleblower" to "revenge" because he had a motive.  That scene if I remember that man wasn't a scammer or maybe he was--I can't remember.  I thought that the scene was about HW admiring the mans gumption for something he has never participated in and the assistant found weak.  I don't remember them saying he was a scammer.  Secondly, I don't see your point in the entire conversation about that guy. He's irrelevant for one major reason: if it fails, he'll incur a minor loss or he'd destroy the guy like all "scammers." before.  I relented in my first line.  But the rest of the commentary I didn't understand.

This line, "but has to act strong circumstances that doesn't allow her to be weak."  This doesn't make sense. Comparing your experience in a plane has nothing to do with sel-esteem issues, does it? That's my point.  I will agree that she didn't go alone.  She went with a tour guide. A tour guide that wasn't holding her hand the entire time.  She knew absolutely NO ONE in the group. Let's not lie to our selves.  When I mentioned her going on her own---I'm talking about a strong character.  One that could hold her own.  When I'm on a plane---I drug myself to sleep.  That's a plane.  We're talking about taking a plane (with absolutely any one she knows); goes on those tour guide trips and released to the wolves in a country - language and culture unknown; running after her scammer brother---who might I add had criminals after him too; then she jumps into a cab with someone she doesn't know; then sleeps on a public bench; then runs away from the same guy (losing her passport) 3 times.  

Look, that takes smarts, gumption---I don't see a low-esteem person NOT crying if they might die.  But you're telling me she has no pride or dignity in herself that's why she takes the abuse?  I'm sorry, as I said before.  I don't hate DH.  I just don't see my DH from S1 with ALL the other episode.  I see her shading people.  I  see side-eyeing people.  I'm sorry to compare, it's really not fair Laurel Tree Tailors---but the charactef of Na Yun Shil seemed to lack massive confidence.  richard simmons was at it since ep 1, just like DH.  You saw her grow stonger.  We're in the 30s and she's still the same and in library.  

Clarification

Below is the most Relevant 

1) He's mentally ill--PTSD is a mental ilness and he has NEVER been treated. I have said this time and time and time again.  YOU (in general) cannot connect or speak about the character's actions in the same way you would speak about everyone else on the show without remembering his condition and experience. 2) The oler brother made it out okay. 3) SS's greed is what hurt him. Nothing else. Absolutely, nothing else.  I'm not sympathetic. I don't see HW doing anythinng wrong there. You'll understand my point if you continue reading.  I feel it's the most relevant

HW made something clear, he said it last ep. Some might have missed it or overlooked it. He (SJ), to his assisstant, take care of it, he wasn't important anyway. All I said was 'huh'.  Only something clicked.  His language and words are clear. These were things to hurt HS and he wasn't able to. 

I always supported HW, but his reasons are stronger than revenge.  I think he wants to be validated. Odd choice of words right? Let me explain, validation is to prove you're right. I think he wants to show what pain means; so he, HW, prove the pain he feels is validated. To show how it can destroy a family.  To show them and make a person feel agony. To show to the audience, why he his actions are right.  I don't think he wanted JE to feel that, be in the crossfire and change his mind. Revenge is superficial  NOW, to me.

Also, keep in mind one thing with HW and why he can't be compared like the other characters, in my eyes, or as easily compared. In HW's head, most likely, HS's actions, beating the man and wanting an innocent man jailed. HW's father could have seen his father right there with the punching and killig his father.  He wouldn't be able to prove it was them. They hurt and destroyed HW's family; him and his brother as boys- traumatizing HW beyond belief which it did without a doubt.

Then his brother dead or alive---to HW HS is a monster (I think so too).  You destroyed me and my family (like the others), as a SON, I will hurt yours. He wants to see the same thing. They should suffer as he suffered from HS's actions. HW, protecting his brother, as a boy.  These are grown richard simmons men. Imagine that man vs. boys. I cannot in anyway blame for this mindset.  HW's actions are dangerous as JE said--but I feel that's because she's seen his other side.  HW's actions would destroy what's left of him.  What's left of what she saw and loves. That's why she's important---but I understand and respect it based on his condition.  HS destroyed his family---he's returning the favour.

First, I wasn't speaking about YOU, I was speaking in general.  Plus, everything you said was what I had posted. 

Is it just me or is the print really small?

17 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

It’s a very nice discussion, and I wanted to add my two cents to it.

@chocolatepie, I enjoyed reading your post!

I wanted to touch on one of your points. You stated that HW should go directly to HS and not railroad the rest of the family in his revenge. I agree with you; however, I think HW believes that the best way to attack HS is to make a play for his children. It has been stated in the last few episodes that HS only cares about his children. It would make sense that the best way to hurt HS is to hurt/affect those he holds the most dear. I also think that the underlying message is that just like your children are precious to you, somebody else’s child/ren is/are precious to them too. He wanted justice/revenge for his hurt daughter and ended causing two children their father. Yes, he raised SJ, but we don’t know what kind of pain HW had to grow up with, and can HS’ actions/love towards SJ erase the heartache that HW suffered in the last 23 years? I believe that HW sees HS’ children as collateral damage in his war against HS, just like he and his brother were in HS’ search for justice/revenge.

@stroppyse Thanks so much for the preview and translation... And @chocolatepie for the videos...

On the rooftop one of my favorite places in this drama DH seeing SJ sitting there must have been such a relief...

For me I loved the part where DH uses her hands to cup the face of SJ you could tell that she knew and understood that he was indeed having a hard time.  She may not understand where this pain is coming from but she can see for herself in just looking at him the damage it is causing.  Even later when he reaches for the one thing he needs more than food in fact more than anything or anyone.  DH plain and simple, not unlike anyone else in that position who feel so lost and so confused just wanting to hug and be hugged and believe that somehow it's going to get better...

Even as I watched these moments in darkness seeing him like that was really heart breaking at least to me.  You could tell he was not only broken he was completely worn out mentally as well as physically and just needed that safe, warm, and comforting place and person that he knew he could find there with DH.  I wondered as DH sat there next to him watching him so closely what was going through her mind.  Most likely wishing she could take what ever pain was causing this away.  She was use to being the one who SJ took care of whether on his back from drinking to much or holding her close when things seemed to hard...

This time however she was the one who softly placed her blanket over his childlike almost fetal positioned body laying there in her bed.  All she could do was watch him and wonder why and what was hurting him this bad.  As she sat against the wall and still not a sleep it reminded me of something I wrote before.  That there is nothing more vulnerable or trusting than allowing oneself to fall a sleep in the presence of someone.  On the flip side of that is there is nothing more beautiful than watching someone you love laying there a sleep.  That is except for being snuggled up next to them feeling them breathe in and out or even more having placed your head on their chest and hearing every beat of their heart that close...

I choose to write about what moves me the most which is usually about SJ & DH in fact they are the reason I am even here. My words are not about pleasing others but more about being true to myself and my personal view.  I believe in respecting others and their freedoms to write what moves them as well.  As they have the same opportunities as I in being able to write what they see, feel and moves them.  I also have the hopes that respect goes both ways.  The magical thing about being on a thread is that very freedom to express ones feelings  and ones own thoughts through words.  But also through and with kindness...  One doesn't have to write in large print to get their point across...

My heart breaks watching our SJ going through the emotional hurt he is in right now. Like what he said, all what he believed were true are completely shattered. I said earlier on HS adopting SW/SJ and loving him so much like his own was in atonement of the grave sin he caused that lead to HW and SJ father death.

@USAFarmgirl I always liked how you analyse things in beautiful words on DH and SJ. What a beautiful scene it was that the first person he went to see was DH after searching for the truth of where he came from and who he was. He needed her touch, her warmth and presence. A reassurance for himself that in spite of it all, he has DH, his safety haven. The only truth amongst the lies. This is when the gentle souled DH will be SJ strength this very moment. I would say how the writer has made us see the process of hurt, betrayal and how love can withstand the trials is quite palpable despite of this being a drama. Later down the track, when DH's birth secret shall be revealed, DH would be able to handle and face it like SJ did.

I agree with @chocolatepie DH had to make that decision to be strong person by trailing his 'brother' in Taiwan because of the underlying factors. When faced with adversity, you will be surprised how strong and bold one person can actually be. DH self-esteem went down the boots when learning how much damaged it has caused the company, not only to her family. For me, facing the people at FCG/Centre Pole was not a weakness, rather sheer strength. She accepted PD Kang's proposal because she wanted to do the right thing to the people who were scammed by her 'brother' to pay off the debt. Despite of being labeled as the scammers dongsaeng and being looked down, she took all that and still taking it in with a positive attitude. It is alright to show helplessness, after all she is human. Confidence at times need to be boosted by people who loves us. Hey, she joined that scriptwriting competition and won.  I can't recall if SJ encouraged her, but I think it was of DH's own accord. SJ and her family believed in her, cheered for her. The harsh criticism and reality that she wasn't good enough for now eventually dawned into her, a logical reason to breakdown and fortunately enough, the only person who seem to witness that is SJ - because he loves her.

True, HS adores his children, that's why that is where HW is hitting HS hard.

With JE, threatening him that she will do a 'tell-all' if HW will continue his revenge. HW already said, to go ahead, just get it over and done with. To clear it once and for all. Instead of being clingy because he 'once liked you'. I'm not really sure about that though. JE just happened to become an addition to his revenge plan.

1 hour ago, standingtallyy said:

With JE, threatening him that she will do a 'tell-all' if HW will continue his revenge. HW already said, to go ahead, just get it over and done with. To clear it once and for all. Instead of being clingy because he 'once liked you'. I'm not really sure about that though. JE just happened to become an addition to his revenge plan

@standingtallyy  Chingu, I think she was part of his plan. Don't forget JE is in HS's family registry and because he knew she knew him from NY he had to pacify her so she doesn't tell her family about him being rich. I still believe he fell for her but his love for his family (which isnnsome cases) is so powerful. HW even said it his father's case is close there is no way to reopen it , I think because the statue of limitations is up. 

4 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@stroppyse Thanks so much for the preview and translation... And @chocolatepie for the videos...

On the rooftop one of my favorite places in this drama DH seeing SJ sitting there must have been such a relief...

For me I loved the part where DH uses her hands to cup the face of SJ you could tell that she knew and understood that he was indeed having a hard time.  She may not understand where this pain is coming from but she can see for herself in just looking at him the damage it is causing.  Even later when he reaches for the one thing he needs more than food in fact more than anything or anyone.  DH plain and simple, not unlike anyone else in that position who feel so lost and so confused just wanting to hug and be hugged and believe that somehow it's going to get better...

Even as I watched these moments in darkness seeing him like that was really heart breaking at least to me.  You could tell he was not only broken he was completely worn out mentally as well as physically and just needed that safe, warm, and comforting place and person that he knew he could find there with DH.  I wondered as DH sat there next to him watching him so closely what was going through her mind.  Most likely wishing she could take what ever pain was causing this away.  She was use to being the one who SJ took care of whether on his back from drinking to much or holding her close when things seemed to hard...

This time however she was the one who softly placed her blanket over his childlike almost fetal positioned body laying there in her bed.  All she could do was watch him and wonder why and what was hurting him this bad.  As she sat against the wall and still not a sleep it reminded me of something I wrote before.  That there is nothing more vulnerable or trusting than allowing oneself to fall a sleep in the presence of someone.  On the flip side of that is there is nothing more beautiful than watching someone you love laying there a sleep.  That is except for being snuggled up next to them feeling them breathe in and out or even more having placed your head on their chest and hearing every beat of their heart that close...

I choose to write about what moves me the most which is usually about SJ & DH in fact they are the reason I am even here. My words are not about pleasing others but more about being true to myself and my personal view.  I believe in respecting others and their freedoms to write what moves them as well.  As they have the same opportunities as I in being able to write what they see, feel and moves them.  I also have the hopes that respect goes both ways.  The magical thing about being on a thread is that very freedom to express ones feelings  and ones own thoughts through words.  But also through and with kindness...  One doesn't have to write in large print to get their point across...

@USAFarmgirl       Well said chingu and it broke my heart to see SJ hurting like that. He is so torn by the the father he loves and the family he doesn't remember. I don't think SJ has his memories yet. If I am wrong telle me so. I find SJ is really strong he chose to ask HS the truth about his past instead of believing the woman who suddenly showed up.i wished SJ had questioned He some more because I don't know if HS will tel SJ the absolute truth. In fact I don't like him because this man was so nasty with the mystery woman who showed up.  SJ's faith in his family is strong and hopefully that strength will help reunite with his brother. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:18 AM, vaberella said:

My post went from a personal thing to a character analysis.  

I'm sorry chingu's I just can't get behind a lot of what you guys support as characters.  Let me be clear I don't have a problem with your support for something I despise...but sometimes I do feel uncomfortable for the bashing on my fave characters. Plus, some shade at the actors.  I don't really despise SJ & DH--I just find them boring.  That's it.  I simple want the DH from ep 1, I'm not really seeing that now.

I really love JE & HW----I really like them. I also think the actors have great chemistry---I'm not saying as good as the ones on Laurel Tailors; but they're good.  However, some of the comments here...sort of push me away.  I have criticized JE & HW, but here, it does get over the top.

I get what some of you might be feeling about HW; but HW is a very very very complex character for what he's been through as a child; he actually has a mental illness.  When HW is thought of, when his actions seem odd or bizarre---you can't compare him with other characters.  He is a character that has to be seen as someone mentally ill.  I'm not saying he's crazy.  

As I've said a few times---he suffers from PTSD.  He has NEVER been treated for it--now thinking (offically) his brother's dead. He's just gone to another level.  JE is the ONLY character on the show that has seen him have an "episode"; I think she recognizes that he has PTSD.  Especially, after she heard about him at the orphanage and so on. Unlike some of you, what I've seen, comments aside from actor & charactor chemistry, for a bit.

I'll give you another perspective on the JE & HW relationship---I'm not looking at any chem nonsense-those things are hit or miss for me.  I'm speaking simply on their relationship.

1.  Why did they break up?  I'm removing the idea of the necklace as holding the couple ring because that's an assumption.  I've been wrong all the time about those things; assumptions I mean.  I'm going by the way he broke up with JE; and why HW followed the directions in that  boyfriend book; (assumption) he didn't want her in the crossfire (a casualty of war).  JE is a highly intelligent woman. He knew she was, but not to the level she is.  When they had dinner together--she figured out he was breaking with her--before it ended. As I said, I didn't do it out of revenge from what I can see. JE was getting to close In some ways- I felt he wanted to give everything she wanted because when destroys her family he's leaving.  HW is leaving after hurting her family and never coming back.He hasn't even looked at her mother and father's relationship. Technically, JE and her mom/dad are safe. 

2. Why is he dating the cousin? Here we have assumptions.  We don't know what role she played in the after the accident. But he's after her too.  He could be going in the pattern of her brothers or something else. I really want to say that she said he smelled "funny."

3.  Why did he go after all those people? Despite living happy lives; THEY all were still committing sins galore.  He actually didn't wasn't acting out a revenge.  I also think this is what is missing from getting HW.  The man just basically released the truth behind the crimes they were still committing. That's not revenge; that's called "whistleblower". 

4. Why is JE so important?  In all the characters JE is the only one who made him smile.  Remember when they went shopping together? Remember when he decorated the shop for her; then covered her while she slept in a tent (he didn't even want to care but he did.  He was even surprised when she called him a friend.  He was shocked he had someone who thought of him in that way; she connected with him.  

I'll never forget when they implied that her birth mother had JE adopted I think by HS (I could be wrong--but I'm not sure). The grandmother said it.  JE is intelligent, we know---she's like those cop german shepherds. That family raised her, not her mother.  Can you imagine how traumatic that could have been for her? She dealt with anger by traveling the world. HW had no one to guide or help him.  As I said, JE saw his "episode."  Especially, when people drop interesting comments about him; left and right.

I think also the most important point between JE and HW is that she understands why he is committing what, I see, we are calling "revenge." She has seen him in him at his worst.  Can you imagine that?  The man you love, suffering in that way.  Then you find out the misery he experienced and that the people who did it are connected to you, you're community people.  Your own family.  She understands and she doesn't blame him; but wants him to stop.

I was surprised by that.  She doesn't see what he's doing as wrong, "really." After speaking to the doctor and her finding out what she did. She understands even more.  JE, seems to see his actions as something that will kill the friend to boyfriend she knows.  She's seen it, experiencied it . The man she went from calling a friend to a boyfriend. JE seems to see deeply into HW. She sees a horribly suffering little boy that he was inside the man he is now. 

I mean guys, look at her watching cousin and HW. Yeah, it pained her---I meain who wouldn't have that pang.  However, we saw JE get over it quickly and go after him.  Why? Because she knows the point of his actions, but innocent people like SJ would get hurt and he was brought into the family AFTER all of the other things happened, supposedly. Therefore, even when he was getting angry and rejecting her---she fought him to stop.  JE isn't afraid of his actions.  She understood, but she's trying to stop him.  

That's how I see JE and HW's relationship.  We have HW who suffers from PTSD; and we have JE, who loves him despite it and wants to protect him.

Last--Most don't really feel the couple or think the characters/actors have chemistry.  From what I can see, DH and SJ are dominating the show; BIG time.

I think in about 2-3 more episode it will be dominated with JE & HW when HW find out SJ is his brother.  Yeah, I know SJ and HW will be the focal point.  But SJ will still have to deal with his family and especially HS's lies.  You all know how long that takes. HS's actions will turn that family upside down and that will be a big deal. With a lot of DH/SJ and JE & HW. All this at the same time we'll have to figure out the HW and his future actions.  HW & SJ as a team will have to deal with HS's did to their family. Here we will have HW leaning on JE. Before SJ/HW move ahead. I just feel as though HW will have another break down in front of JE and she will have to care for him. 

This means that I think JE/HW will have far more scenes and importance in the show. 

@vaberella, hey chingu, I am almost on the same track as you and your analysis so far.  I like JE-HW couple.  I am still waiting to see the relationship develop into a different level than whats been shown so far.  I need to see HW finally having his feelings explodingly come to a realisation of how much JE means to him as insofar HW has been a loner with only one goal ie revenge.  Loving another seems unimportant to him nor having anyone to care for him mattered to him.  But somehow, without being able to control his heart, its slowing opening and has opened quite a bit now for JE.

So, its interesting to see how the writers are going to explore their relationship further and as a KJW fan, I just continue to watch this drama till today.

On 3/4/2017 at 7:30 PM, UnniSarah said:

DH needs someone SJ to help her build her confidence and to acheive her goals. At the rate she is going she will never accomplish it. We still haven't found out why DH ended up living with the maid. 

@UnniSarah She's going to need SJ to keep building up her confidence being with the maid didn't help her gropw in her character because she was always kept in the dark about things regarding her life and her fathers life.. DH end up being with the maid because of MH dad was out to kill her see soon as he couldn't find her he reported her dead to void out her shares in that company but being that he told crazy daughter that if she isn't dead she or he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in that company because she will be the biggest shareholder.. I can't wait to see MJ face once she learns who DH really is and how she help push her into becoming a successful person that regardless to what she says and do won't be of any good because she holds more power then she..

Boy I can't stand that daughter treating everyone like maids and all is supposed to tiptoe around her.. I hope she's the one to get the biggest portion of this revenge she needs a wake up call and a reality check that she's not all that.

I'm wondering will it be JE that finds out that SJ is really HW brother

Just finished watching the last episodes. wow!! my favorite parts were of SJ going to find DH after disappearing for days. Also when MJ was remembering that comment  that her father made joking about DH being her cousin ,ahh , i'm hoping that later his going to regret making it and she;s going to regret her treatment of DH .

The next eps i thing are going to be dramatic , very dramatic . I'm thinking this based on the preview and i can't wait for them

at the edge of my seat waiting for the weekend ,

On 06/03/2017 at 2:10 PM, sava2sava said:

@UnniSarah She's going to need SJ to keep building up her confidence being with the maid didn't help her gropw in her character because she was always kept in the dark about things regarding her life and her fathers life.. DH end up being with the maid because of MH dad was out to kill her see soon as he couldn't find her he reported her dead to void out her shares in that company but being that he told crazy daughter that if she isn't dead she or he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in that company because she will be the biggest shareholder.. I can't wait to see MJ face once she learns who DH really is and how she help push her into becoming a successful person that regardless to what she says and do won't be of any good because she holds more power then she..

Boy I can't stand that daughter treating everyone like maids and all is supposed to tiptoe around her.. I hope she's the one to get the biggest portion of this revenge she needs a wake up call and a reality check that she's not all that.

I'm wondering will it be JE that finds out that SJ is really HW brother

For the bolded comment, I'm not sure. I know SJ knows HW is his brother...with all the memories.  However, if there is anyone who can figure everything out, it will be JE.  JE may  come across as a ditz, but her IQ and powers of deduction are on point.  Anyway, I think JE might----a very uncertain---might. Only because she'll probably rethink HW's words about, "Tell your uncle my name and all you know about me."  I found that peculiar and I think JE will.  So, yeah, there's a strong possibility she might be the first to know (outside of SJ...if hw doesn't tell HW).. 

Archived