[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@julie721 You said that the victims of the game will be Jeha and Anna. And perhaps Anna will truly be a victim, though she too participated in the game starting when she went onto the talk show, so it isn't like she hasn't participated in the game. But now everything has been shifted to the Uncle, Anna doesn't have any more active role. Some said that her revenge against YooJin will be the game she plays. Firstly, revenge against YooJin, unless Anna literally takes out a  gun and shoots her stepmother herself, will have to involve participating in the political/corporate game. Secondly, how long has it been since these two actresses had a scene together? Wasn't it episodes ago? And from the text preview for the next episode, Anna isn't even mentioned. Which means she could be doing something very important and spoiler-y (which I doubt) or she won't really be in the episode at all. Is she suddenly going to become a major rival against YJ in the last 3 episodes? It could be possible but it won't be in the least believable.

Also for Jeha being a victim. He has been playing the political game for a while now. If he does become a victim that will be his own fault. He has been working with YooJin to bring down his enemy PKS through physical and now political means. He is not innocent, he has teeth in the game and if he suffers because of it, that will be because of his own choices.

5 hours ago, liltash85 said:

@YourHighness . yes agree with you. mostly people who underwent that kind of stress Anna facing without psychological help will surely took their own life too as they cannot bear the pressure of being "jaile" and living in guilt. Anna is consider strong to be able to live and not even hurting herself. Sometimes when you try to escape few times and fail everytime, ppl tend to take shortcuts. Escape from life.

True. She is really strong mentally. I admire her and JeHa's strength the same. It takes a lot to bear the pain they did and still have morals, compassion and kindness. It's very easy to go dark and blame others for your evilness as we can see from the drama.

BTW I had this question since I began watching the show. Why did Jeha never talk to her formally? Ever since he became her bodyguard, he has always called her endearingly, "Anna-ya". Is that because he saved her life? Or is it because of his affection and care for her?

11 hours ago, klgirl said:

@feima and whoever else is suffering from JCW withdrawals

Hide contents

should watch Running Man 211 and 212.   It's worth it.  It's not just JCW. There are other celebs in these episodes which are - tada!! - set in amusement parks and especially death defying roller coasters.  The unmanly screaming were most enjoyable and the piercing screams of Ailee are not to be missed. That lady sure has a set of lungs on her.

I skipped that episodes before...  I watched it today...  My comment,  how come JCW still so handsome while screaming on that deadly condor ride.  Hahaha 

@notohaterfans

Spoiler

While I was watching one of those episodes, my teen daughter was wandering by and ordinarily, if it wasn't an EXO member, she would never pay attention to any other Korean male on my TV screen but she stopped in her tracks to watch for a few minutes before she asked me who the adorable guy was.  And she gushed over him.  LOL.

The world has officially come to an end if she actually noticed JCW (being the kind of hardcore EXO-L she is).  Did you see the look he shot the guy who said he didn't see the numbers after the second time they had to ride the condor ride? He was thinking "You can't be serious!"

5 minutes ago, klgirl said:

@notohaterfans

Hide contents

While I was watching one of those episodes, my teen daughter was wandering by and ordinarily, if it wasn't an EXO member, she would never pay attention to any other Korean male on my TV screen but she stopped in her tracks to watch for a few minutes before she asked me who the adorable guy was.  And she gushed over him.  LOL.

The world has officially come to an end if she actually noticed JCW (being the kind of hardcore EXO-L she is).  Did you see the look he shot the guy who said he didn't see the numbers after the second time they had to ride the condor ride? He was thinking "You can't be serious!"

Spoiler

THE "OMMA!!!!!!" WAS SO EPIC! HAHAHAHA AND THAT GLARE, HOW CAN I FORGET THAT ONE? LOL

@meh2222

Spoiler

He is a great actor - after watching Running Man I appreciate him a whole lot more.  :)  Yes, the Omma!!!! was epic and my fave part which I will rewind and watch when I need a pick me up.  I can imagine that he wanted to kung-fu the guy if he had to get on that ride a third time. Wookie was scared out of his skull. Haha!

Have I mentioned yet that Master Song is awesome? He's like a Pandora box - you just don't know how many secrets he's been keeping and once opened, there's no end to them.

What does he know about YJ that shook her so badly in that hospital room? I think it might have been her father who killed UHR.  Otherwise who else would she want to protect so doggedly?

11 hours ago, klgirl said:

@feima and whoever else is suffering from JCW withdrawals

Reveal hidden contents

should watch Running Man 211 and 212.   It's worth it.  It's not just JCW. There are other celebs in these episodes which are - tada!! - set in amusement parks and especially death defying roller coasters.  The unmanly screaming were most enjoyable and the piercing screams of Ailee are not to be missed. That lady sure has a set of lungs on her.

@klgirl  Thanks for the heads up I never watch it but I'll will to see JCW

1 hour ago, perfectsmilebias said:

@julie721 You said that the victims of the game will be Jeha and Anna. And perhaps Anna will truly be a victim, though she too participated in the game starting when she went onto the talk show, so it isn't like she hasn't participated in the game. But now everything has been shifted to the Uncle, Anna doesn't have any more active role. Some said that her revenge against YooJin will be the game she plays. Firstly, revenge against YooJin, unless Anna literally takes out a  gun and shoots her stepmother herself, will have to involve participating in the political/corporate game. Secondly, how long has it been since these two actresses had a scene together? Wasn't it episodes ago? And from the text preview for the next episode, Anna isn't even mentioned. Which means she could be doing something very important and spoiler-y (which I doubt) or she won't really be in the episode at all. Is she suddenly going to become a major rival against YJ in the last 3 episodes? It could be possible but it won't be in the least believable.

Also for Jeha being a victim. He has been playing the political game for a while now. If he does become a victim that will be his own fault. He has been working with YooJin to bring down his enemy PKS through physical and now political means. He is not innocent, he has teeth in the game and if he suffers because of it, that will be because of his own choices.

@perfectsmilebias  Anna was always the victim JH becomes one much later because of Congressman Park and his trusted aide.. Anna is being exploited and is not aware of it

19 minutes ago, klgirl said:

@meh2222

Hide contents

He is a great actor - after watching Running Man I appreciate him a whole lot more.  :)  Yes, the Omma!!!! was epic and my fave part which I will rewind and watch when I need a pick me up.  I can imagine that he wanted to kung-fu the guy if he had to get on that ride a third time. Wookie was scared out of his skull. Haha!

Have I mentioned yet that Master Song is awesome? He's like a Pandora box - you just don't know how many secrets he's been keeping and once opened, there's no end to them.

What does he know about YJ that shook her so badly in that hospital room? I think it might have been her father who killed UHR.  Otherwise who else would she want to protect so doggedly?

OMG! Noone brought up Master Song except you. But I agree. For me, this was the twist I did not actually foresee. Her father might probably be the culprit. So we have, aside from YJ, her father, her brother's father-in-law, and her brother as suspects for UHR. Is it possible for a conspiracy to exist though? And there's another group mentioned, aside from JB Group. Is this the brother's father in law company? So what are the various interests involve the drama: 1) JB Group; 2) Presidency; and 3) Cloud 9 along with JSS? And 4) Jeha? (Since YJ sort of wanted him so... )

How bad YJ's father though? It seems to me that he cares a little bit. Any father would have wanted the best husband for her daughter, though. And think about it, YJ ended up getting the Cloud 9 and JSS too, if I'm not mistaken. So did she get all these things by outwitting her father and brother or this was passed unto her by her father? When Master Song said to JH that the brother was more aggressive than YJ, was it the truth? For some reason, I feel like Master Song is also protecting something/someone. I believe that he will get into the picture, if it's really necessary.  And what kind of power does he have over YJ for him to actually straight up tell her to leave Anna alone? Hmmm... I wonder...

I get the impression that Master Song is an old family retainer - one of the original JSS bodyguards as he told JH.  He even knew that she liked to drink that particular brand of juice when ill.  She allows him to call her by name - a privilege rarely accorded to anyone as far as I can see.  He knew them from the beginnings of JB Group and JSS so he knows almost everything about her past including Chairman Choi.

YJ says that she wondered why her father gave JSS to her and JB Group to Sung Won.  Now she is beginning to understand if it was because he knew that she could protect JB Group better if she was the one in charge of JSS.  In essence, he handed her the stronger company.  Chairman Choi is no slouch either - good Lord, he's been eyeing Jin Nan Group too - his FIL doesn't know he's got a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing right in front of him.  The smile that YJ gives Sung Won is chilling - two sharks grinning toothily at each other.  I shuddered.

As to who is the real killer of UHR - Master Song says even her father would not approve of her going after Anna.  He said that if you kill the parent, you should leave the cubs alive - using a hunting metaphor. I want to say it might not be the Dad but she said her father was a Park Kwan Soo too.  I wonder just how evil the Father was that she equated him to scum of the earth PKS?

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

BTW I had this question since I began watching the show. Why did Jeha never talk to her formally? Ever since he became her bodyguard, he has always called her endearingly, "Anna-ya". Is that because he saved her life? Or is it because of his affection and care for her?

JH doesn't use jondaemal with almost everyone, if you notice.  He's an equal opportunity rude person.  Half the reason why Chief Seo often wants to strangle him is because he keeps talking down to his superiors.  Even YJ gets the same treatment.

Also Anna is younger than JH - she doesn't use jondaemal with him either. :)

15 minutes ago, klgirl said:

I get the impression that Master Song is an old family retainer - one of the original JSS bodyguards as he told JH.  He even knew that she liked to drink that particular brand of juice when ill.  She allows him to call her by name - a privilege rarely accorded to anyone as far as I can see.  He knew them from the beginnings of JB Group and JSS so he knows almost everything about her past including Chairman Choi.

YJ says that she wondered why her father gave JSS to her and JB Group to Sung Won.  Now she is beginning to understand if it was because he knew that she could protect JB Group better if she was the one in charge of JSS.  In essence, he handed her the stronger company.  Chairman Choi is no slouch either - good Lord, he's been eyeing Jin Nan Group too - his FIL doesn't know he's got a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing right in front of him.  The smile that YJ gives Sung Won is chilling - two sharks grinning toothily at each other.  I shuddered.

As to who is the real killer of UHR - Master Song says even her father would not approve of her going after Anna.  He said that if you kill the parent, you should leave the cubs alive - using a hunting metaphor. I want to say it might not be the Dad but she said her father was a Park Kwan Soo too.  I wonder just how evil the Father was that she equated him to scum of the earth PKS?

Agree but up to what extent her father could be evil to actually let the cubs live and disapprove of her going after Anna?  And I am also wondering about Chairman Choi and YJ's relationship. I get that there is some animosity between the two but I think there is something else. Remember when they talked over the phone on when she was sort of spiting him for sticking himself up with his father-in-law. Does their sibling relationship still exist there somewhere? I feel something weird about it, really.. 

So now we have these political/financial interests: 1) JB Group; 2) Presidency; 3) Cloud 9 and JSS; and 4) JN group. YJ has no. 3. Bro has no. 1. FIL has JN.

Interesting. I hope the remaining 4 episodes will be able to wrap this up smoothly and still give me enough Jehanna scenes. :) Pleaaaaassseeee TT

2 minutes ago, klgirl said:

YJ has no. 3 and covets no. 1 and no. 2 while SW has no. 1 and covets both no. 3 and no. 4.  Haha...she should just make her brother President and she'll get all of it as a deal with him.

OMG! Hahahahah! That settles this mess then!  

You know come to think of it? I wonder about these half-siblings.

What would it have been like growing up with YJ as a half-sister? She definitely hated her stepmother's guts so I can only surmise that she never acknowledged SW as blood-related.  YJ doesn't look like she had it in her to be that forgiving - doesn't she keep reprimanding him when he calls her "Noona"? If I remember correctly, after the car explosion while in the hospital room, he barges in and she tells him "Did we even have such a close relationship?"

Every time SW says "noona" he's mocking her it's like. Rubbing it in her face because she never looks pleased to see him and totally dislikes him using "noona" with her.  What I see is perhaps another side of it - she never acknowledged him growing up, even as adults and he is making her face the fact that they share blood ties.

What an awful environment to have grown up in - rivals for their father's love, despised because his mother was a mistress, never really measuring up to his sister's level of brilliance and always having to mind his steps lest he get written out of the will.  It's no wonder he gives off serial killer vibes to me.

@klgirl

Do you know that when things get messy in this thread, I look forward to your post to keep my head and heart intact? LOL. 

Anyway, now you brought this up, I agree with what you said. The brother might have had his own personal issues  as well that we all have failed to recognise. Arghh. There are too much childhood scars in this drama (YJ, Anna, and possibly Chairman Choi). 

@meh2222

I like talking about other aspects of the drama since it gets ignored for the main leads.  We get too focused on them until we forget there are other characters in the drama.

Like my Master Song.  I knew there was something special about that bald head.  Who knew it held so many interesting secrets? I luff his scrappy little hide!

@cherkell Hello from Mumbai! Omg! Cherkell has replied me. I mean, the cherkell, JCW’s most oldest and longest period fan! Whoa! Almost felt like Wookie replied me, Hehe. I hope you have a good stay in SK and hope you enjoy his concert. If I'm not wrong, it's The Days (musical) performance which is happening tomorrow, isn't it.?  If you do meet him again there, convey my and his Indian fans’s love to him..<3 BTW , Thank you for your English site on JCW! It really helps on finding out about him & you're doing an awesome job there...

Thanks for letting me know about the SK scandal. I understood what julie721 said in her post now. It's really unfortunate what's happening in SK. As someone rightly said, “Corruption, the greatest single bane of our society today.”  No country has been spared from this deadly disease.. argh so sad! 

@bebebisous33 Just loved your post on the ‘supposed lusty look’ of Yoojin at Jeha’s pic. Agree with you.

This-  For her, JH represents the man she has always been dreaming of, yet she is not expecting anything from him. She is happy to have him by her side and that's it.--- SO DAMN TRUE!

@ashvaugn

Spoiler
Spoiler

Even I'm glad to know there are many like you who don't mind age gap between two fantastic actors and feel they should come in dramas to do justice to their talents! Honestly I don't know why some feel its matter of shame and embarrassment when we talk about poosible romance between an older woman and younger man. Many say it's their choice not to see but more than that I think it's the stigma/disgust feeling around it. 

Whoa! Your plot sounds very interesting. It's so different from the norms. Troubled young man meets single/ divorcee older woman and love blossoms! Ah! I can already picture JCW & SYA nailing these roles to the T. What an awesome imagination, thanks for sharing. :)

Archived