[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@Moonrain - OMO! OMG!!! Chingu, you're driving all of us MICHIN JOON JAE TONGUE ACTION!!! 

Woah ... I think the fan fiction's gonna be Super SEXAAAAAYYY! Cyberspace is BURNING up now!! 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I thought I had written my last thoughts on this final episode, but I keep thinking about it, and remembering cute bits. 

For instance, I love how all three men still live with JJ's mother calling her "mother". While it was understood that ND didn't have a mother, and so not unexpected that he would be happy to call her mother; it was TH who also spoke up to say that he hadn't called anyone "mother" in a long time that was so touching. That these two grown men were able to bask in JJ's mother's love along with JJ, making the three men truly brothers.

It was funny how ND and SA both thought that Cheong was yet another rabid fan of JJ's who came trying to seek his attention. They were quite nice in telling her to give up her hopes since JJ held a woman deep in his heart. 

And while I didn't write much about JJ and Cheong since there were loads of others who spazzing eloquently and well about their love affair, I also found it moving that JJ managed to remember Cheong all this time. And, I thought the kiss was just right and fitting the scene and this drama. I admit I spazzed a lot when JJ picked Cheong up, took her to the bed, and they kissed, and didn't think it was excessive or short. 

Also, a bit of translation that I wanted to do, though subs are probably up already, so hope no one minds. 

JJ's reunion conversation with Cheong: 

Cheong to herself: You looked comfortable and well. Did I come back for no reason? (JJ shows up with an umbrella.)

JJ: Why? So you can go back again? (JJ helps Cheong up.)

JJ: Is this what you wanted? To be erased completely from this world, so that I would forget you, too? If you were going to be like this, why did you erase them (my memories)? I asked you not to do so. 

Cheong: Do you really remember me? 

JJ: Yes. In this world, only I remember you.

Cheong: How?

JJ: (hugging C) Idiot. Try erasing a hundred times, see if I could forget you. 

Cheong: That can’t be.There is no way that could be. 

JJ: There’s something you can’t do. Where I went with you, what we did, what we ate, what words you said, when you smiled, how pretty you were; I don’t know if you might have been able to erase these things, but you couldn’t erase yourself from me. You’re just someone my body remembers and is engraved in my heart. So, there was no way that could happen. Still, I tried. I thought perhaps when a lot of time had passed, I might really forget you. So, every day, so I wouldn’t forget you, I tried hard. 

(flashback and JJ voiceovers)

I wrote everything down in diaries, from a long time before you left. In case a day came when something like this happened, so that all my memories disappeared, at least within the diaries, I could find you. 

(flashback of JJ reading diaries and trying to remember)

And after you had disappeared, to restore the puzzle of the memories that were left took a year. 

(flashback of JJ driving to various seas)

Trying to find a sea where you could live took another year. 

(flashback of JJ with real estate agents and being picky: House is too far from the water, house is too big, too small, too many people around, beach is too dirty)

Next to that sea, getting a house ready to live with you took yet another year. 

(flashback to getting ND’s call about a long haired, pretty woman coming to the house to see him. JJ: Finally. She made me suffer, now finally.)

Like that, three years had passed, and the day that seemed as if could never come to be, came today. 

(flashback to their meeting in the house)

Cheong: Why did you do that? I really might not have been able to come back. What would you have done then?

JJ: Then forever, I would have been the only person in this world to have remembered you. And, I would have been the only one to love you.

The follow up conversation in Cheong's old room at the house:

Cheong: Everything is just as it was. Even though it’s long past when the lease was up.

JJ: It did pass. However, the person who was supposed to help move everything wasn’t here, so I just bought it instead.

Cheong: Thank you for waiting for me.

JJ: For coming a long way, for not giving up and returning, you did well.

(Cheong moves toward JJ, but he backs off)

JJ: You’re not going to try to erase them again, are you? Even if you try a hundred times, my memories won’t be erased, but difficult things are still difficult things. 

Cheong: Sheesh. I won’t do it. I won’t do it.

JJ: (giving a little laugh) No. Take back. Take back. My mouth slipped up. This time, I think it’ll be okay even if you erase them. (JJ goes to kiss Cheong, but she backs off.) Why? Come here. Come here. 

(They sit on the bed, with Cheong’s head on JJ’s shoulder.)

THANK YOU DO VERY MUCH for the translation! @stroppyse

• Like 11

6 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

Here it is:

credit @s_s0607

Thabks for sharing it. Had it recorded last night too. It was my last night's lullably.. I slept soundly because of it. I was very satisfied as to how it ended. Like I said, saw what I wanted to see last night.:blush:

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 10

Something that I really like about this (watch this small snippet for reference, but I mean the whole scene):

tumblr_okcnase5v81sw8ut9o6_250.gif&key=d

is that it looks very natural.  JJH and LMH are best when they can be raw and free.  This kiss has spunk and sizzle.  That's why I love it!

Thanks for all the lovingly created gifs!!

(cr. mysticalparadox)

• Like 16

@stroppyse

your translation and thoughts are much appreciated here. 

I can't help but melt over hearing that they all call HJJ's mother, "mother." Just like that, they all became brothers who shared one mother, like you said. Their bromance is gold! 

I am moved to tears reading the translation of HJJ and SC's conversation. I love how he simply makes up an excuse and said, "the person who was supposed to help move everything wasn't here, so I just bought it instead," when what he really meant to say was, "I bought it in hopes one day you'll return to look for me." We know and she does too, that this was his real reason to buy the house. 

I'm so happy SC fully recovered and made her way back to him. If not, he would have lived forever, waiting for her. His love is so sweet, it touches my heart in every way possible. 

• Like 13

It's a happy ending, perfect ending for a realistic fairytale. Thank you LMH and JJH to bring us the JJ&SC. They will always be remembered and missed, being now they "live" happily ever after together just make my heart smile.

Would love to see LMH and JJH together on other project, these two have done well and screen love them together.

Cheers LOBSTER!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Something that I really like about this (watch this small snippet for reference, but I mean the whole scene):

is that it looks very natural.  JJH and LMH are best when they can be raw and free.  This kiss has spunk and sizzle.  That's why I love it!

(cr. mysticalparadox)

OMO OMO OMO!!! Just look how HJJ teases SC in bed. He'll kiss and stop and tries to kiss but hesitates.:wub::wub::wub:I don't mind re-watching LOTBS and cry pink pearls over and over again. This and MLFAS are my top dramas.:wub: Thanks to The Great Writer Park for always thinking of Jun Ji Hyun in your dramas.B)

Off to work now.. Be reading the rest of the posts from last night up until I get to my lunch break. I wonder what the rating is of the Finale??? Congratulations again LOTBS Team!!!

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

(cr. mysticalparadox)

I agree! They kiss so naturally!

Am I the only one dying from the way they sweetly looked at each other and smiled before softly and tenderly kissing and then fully embracing one another in a passionate kiss? It makes the slow and gradual building thrist so real. 

Hahahahahaha I'm suddenly embarassed at myself. 

• Like 13

May be soul mates are two people who are too stubborn to let the world pull them apart:heart:

tumblr_okcilymylT1sw8ut9o3_250.giftumblr_okcilymylT1sw8ut9o2_250.giftumblr_okcilymylT1sw8ut9o1_250.gif

cr mysticalparadox

@Moonrain I was a fan of your posts even before I joined Soompi and glad to have you back on LMH+LOTBS threads, chingu:). Too much obsession with dirty love is still keeping me awake:lol:

• Like 15

38 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@mythicalove, your posts can make me blush, sometimes even more when I'm just watching the scene itself. :wub: 

Okay, this is my final translation for this drama. It's the ending scene, and it kept pulling at me as well. I know I've mentioned this in a previous post earlier, but I really, really like the idea that JJ and Cheong are able to live a simple, uneventful life together with all the happiness and problems of being a couple. Oh, I also forgot to mention that I thought it was sweet that when JJ was asked about his ambitions as a prosecutor by his promotion review board, he told them that his dream was to be the prosecutor in a rural area, that he had bought a small house next to the sea in Seokchun, and his greatest desire was to be posted near there. LOL. It's funny because most prosecutors ache for the chance to be in Seoul where the big cases are. Anyway...

Translation of the final scene:

JJ voiceover: Thus, we realized our dream. Without anything special, without any fanfare, in a place where not much happens, in a a plain seaside village, we live very plainly. 

JJ: Aren’t you eating too much?

Cheong: Does this look as if I’m eating this? 

JJ: Then what? (Cheong rubs her pregnant stomach. JJ laughs.) Oh. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. My darling is so svelte that I keep forgetting. Eat. Eat. Eat it all. (holding up the shopping bags) You have to eat all of these as well. 

Cheong: I like that a lot. 

JJ: Ahh, how will I be able to feed and support two people working for the government. The thought of it is daunting. 

Cheong: Don’t worry, darling. I’ll ask around to see what other things you could do to make a living. 

JJ: Yes, darling. Just take it easy on me. 

Cheong: Don’t worry.

JJ voiceover: In a plain place, crying, laughing, being happy, being sad, our every day, every hour, every minute, every second flow past, as we experience them uneventfully. (scene of them together watching tv) Cherishing my love who had travelled far and returned, to ultimately come back to me. (They sit on a bench watching the sea with Cheong’s head on JJ’s shoulder.) For a long time, beautifully, secretly, with our legend becoming a cherished memory.

Seriously? And now I am bawling! How can such a voice over be so beautiful? 

I completely and utterly agree with you. I love that they lived a plain and uneventful life. It's simplicity that makes it so special.

I love HJJ's answer about being a prosecutor in a rural area. It's simply the sweetest how he'd do anything for her. Because she sacrifices being in the water to be with him, he will go where the sea is to be with her. They have truly met each other half way. I love it!

• Like 14

legend.jpg

Article: "My heart remembers you"... 'Blue Sea' Jun JI Hyun ♥ Lee Min Ho's happy ending

Source: Mydaily via Nate

1. [+346, -34] I saw the tongue... coming out ㅋ

2. [+305, -22] My most favorite happy ending. Great job to everyone!! And of course, Chung and Junjae's visuals today were awesome as always..

3. [+208, -12] So happy it's a happy ending... a Jun ♥ Chung happy ending

4. [+41, -8] Junjae with that tongue though

5. [+36, -8] If the scriptwriter is going to go with a fantasy plot, she needs to keep track of her plot elements better. She said that the Spanish sea is the only place in the world that has mermaids but there was one found on Jeju Island... and a mermaid that's recovering from a car accident took three years in the sea to recover from a gun shot... and wasn't the plot point that the mermaid can live on land if she finds true love??? The drama basically dragged out the ending nonsensically and then wrapped it up with a happy ending. What a joke.

6. [+32, -13] So she's pregnant... is she going to give birth to an egg or what?? ㅎㅎ Yeah, I refuse to watch another drama by this scriptwriter again

7. [+28, -12] I don't get why their memories were erased. I get that the scriptwriter wanted to show that Junjae's memories can't be erased but the ending just seems so half a$$ed. What a disappointment.

8. [+27, -1] Wahoo~ what an adult kiss scene

9. [+25, -3] Now that's a real kiss scene. Even Jun Ji Hyun seemed to be enjoying it.

10. [+25, -6] I'm not the only one who saw it right? You all saw the tongue?

legend2.jpg

Source: Naver

1. [+5,188, -93] 'Blue Sea' is over, 'Goblin' is over... what do I watch now...

2. [+4,210, -109] It's great that the ending's lovey dovey and all but something leaves more to be desired

3. [+3,705, -162] I wanted to see more lovey scenes between Tae-oh and Cha Shia

4. [+2,688, -104] A beautiful drama like a true fairy tale! Great job to everyone!

5. [+795, -13] Jun Ji Hyun's coordi experimenting with looks until the very end ㅋㅋ

6. [+883, -55] Surprised at how deep that kiss scene was

7. [+707, -52] Hul, that daebak kiss scene;;; took me by surprise ㅋㅋ

8. [+529, -18] The Jun Chung couple is leaving us ㅠㅠㅠ glad that it's a happy ending, I enjoyed the drama!!

9. [+507, -11] I wonder if the baby between Chung and Junjae will be a mermaid too?

cr: netizenbuzz

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@stroppyse

your translation and thoughts are much appreciated here. 

I can't help but melt over hearing that they all call HJJ's mother, "mother." Just like that, they all became brothers who shared one mother, like you said. Their bromance is gold! 

I am moved to tears reading the translation of HJJ and SC's conversation. I love how he simply makes up an excuse and said, "the person who was supposed to help move everything wasn't here, so I just bought it instead," when what he really meant to say was, "I bought it in hopes one day you'll return to look for me." We know and she does too, that this was his real reason to buy the house. 

I'm so happy SC fully recovered and made her way back to him. If not, he would have lived forever, waiting for her. His love is so sweet, it touches my heart in every way possible. 

Out of lurking to chime in. I think he also meant "I bought it to keep all the memories of you in this house".

9 minutes ago, Kim Ngân Trần said:

Watched it with sub. It's a happy ending but why I am crying so hard here T_T

you are not alone, dear, I cried a river each time I saw lonely HJJ missing SC, then wiped the tears rolling on my face to laugh at the next  cutesy, funny scenes. The producer definitely knows how to intertwine these moments. Nevertheless, I felt like crying after all, I don't know why.... my eyes are still swollen....because I miss them, or because the story is so beautiful ???? I need to rewatch the kissing scene so I can smile again..

• Like 12