[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

4 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Complain about anything and everything in this drama but one cannot deny that the love story between that of HJJ and SC is one of the most beautiful stories ever told. They have something special that none others do. Their love captures my heart in every way. 

Their love captures my heart too. It's already one of my fave love stories of all the drama I watched! Love the link between the past and present. I'm usually a sucker for such a story plot, love that transcends through all time. I loved how they loved fiercely in the past and how they are loving each other fiercely in the present too. :wub:

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

SC catches on very quickly. She realizes the dots do not connect and HJJ's story does not add up. While he says he fears his dream will repeat itself, his dream is that of a beautiful story, so what is he afraid of? HJJ was quick to save himself but I reckon it won't be long until SC realizes he lied to her and that the story he told her ended off tragically. I will wait patiently for that day to come. 

I also have to take my hats off to LMH during the museum scene. The thought of losing her, not being able to protect her, and their tragic ending in their previous life pains him, and it is easily the most beautiful thing when LMH delivers it all with the expression of his eyes. I absolutely love it! 

I haven't watched the subbed episodes yet so after reading what you said, so glad that SC is portrayed as naive but smart. Loved her innocence but turned smart when she needs to! Hehe. Like you, I'm also hoping that SC will remember her past as well. You guys think writernim will go down the route of not letting SC remember her past? We have yet to see SC aka JJH acting the saddest scene of SC yet. Makes me wonder.. Hmm.. 

And that museum scene.. Even though I don't understand a single thing, yes I know what you mean. To be honest, before this drama, I never really knew how good LMH acting was. Even in other of his dramas that I watched, the expression in his eyes have never attacked me as much as this show did. To me, this show really showcased LMH acting chops. Those eyes, it was so bittersweet when he remembered their death in the past life and him narrating the ending he wished for them in the past just to protect SC. ):

Good ratings we have there considering the lack of intensity in this episode! I'm great here and am fervently hoping the ratings would slowly increase and would break 20% by the time it ends. Even heirs can break 20% so why not LOTBS! 

Edited by babyval22
  • Like 12

The Gumboots for The Little Mermaid

“This turns out to be one of the things I can’t do together with you. Walking when it’s raining. You know I can’t.” - Shim Chung

“There is nothing you can’t do… Don’t say I won’t or I can’t from now on. I will let you do every single thing people who live here do without leaving anything out.” - Joon Jae

Who needs princes when you can have Heo Joon Jae? Princes give to women only high heels made of hard glass whereas Joon Jae gives the softest, most comfortable ballerinas and gumboots ever! How awesome is it that he even managed get a pair in a color that is close to her silvery-blue fin?! The cinderella-shoe-moment trope is often used in kdramas for its swoonworthy effect, however, in Shim Chung’s case it’s so much more poignant and meaningful because her legs (aside from her heart) are her greatest physical weakness and disadvantage (no doubt a reference to the original Andersen story where each step meant unbearable torture for the mermaid, yet she kept walking on out of her love for the prince).  They make her different from humans, they are disadvantaging her, YET JOON JAE DOESN’T ALLOW HER TO SEE HERSELF AS SOMETHING LESS OR INFERIOR; and just like he has done many times before once again he FINDS A WAY TO OVERCOME EVEN THIS OBSTACLE AND ADAPTS HIS WORLD so she can live in it without any inhibitions. 

ylGTFAY.jpg

HE MAKES EVEN THE SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE FOR HER; so they can go together anywhere in this world.  From the moment they met, Joon Jae has been removing one obstacle after another to be with Shim Chung, he keeps giving her shoes so she can walk on land, on snow, in the rain; and if Shim Chung wanted a star from the sky he would find a way to pluck it for her.

rQ3LvrJ.jpg

• Like 18

Legend of the Blue Sea OST Part. 9 - Day by Day by Park Yoon Ha

C1cnYXVUcAAXbxp.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" increases to 18%

C1cgjZsUkAAZXOI.jpg

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" increased slightly.

According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" rated 18.3%.

This is 0.5% more than the previous episode.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" had decreased ever since the record breaker 18.9% in the sixth episode. However, it has restored its record.

KBS 2TV drama "Oh My Geum-bi" and MBC drama "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" rated 7.2% and 5.4% respectively.

http://www.hancinema.net/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-increases-to-18percent-102180.html

• Like 12

@briseis   :tears:  Your Explanation and Analysis is PERFECT!!  What you said about Hoe Jun Jae makes me cry!!! Why is Hoe Jun Jae SO good?? :tears:  please always writer for us!!! :))

This Hoe Jun Jae character that Park Ji Eun writer-nim has created is the best!! This is the most well-written character for Lee Min Ho!! I love hoe jun Jae so much!!!

• Like 15

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Lee Min-ho meets his mother thanks to Jeon Ji-hyeon

photo803741.jpg

Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon shared their secrets. Lee Min-ho even met his mother.

On the fifteenth episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Joon-jae met his mother.

Joon-jae and Cheong learned each other's secrets. Joon-jae learned that Cheong's heart will stop the day he leaves her.

Cheong learned that Joon-jae could read her mid. They were confused. Joon-jae wanted to tell her about his dream in which the two of them were unhappy.

He took her to the museum but couldn't tell her about it. He knew she would be disappointed. Then they decided to have a birthday party for Cheong. The party meant she would start her life again as human.

Then something surprising happened; Cheong invited Joon-jae's mother and the mother and son reunited.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-meets-his-mother-thanks-to-jeon-ji-hyeon-102170.html

• Like 8

Some roughly translated comments about Chung dancing Video :D

"My Sassy Girl 2017 version."

" "Are you sweating?" Ha ha ha"

" I'm doing my best ~ Chung is a glamorous beauty in the club"

" Queen of Queen"

" Why so pretty?"

" Are you sweating? LOL"

" too pretty.."

" The actors must have been excited while acting really (hilarious) Sim Cheong dances well ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ"

" I want you to do everything that ordinary people do and to be happy forever."

" I really like it."

Credit: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1355828?comment=true

• Like 14

Google  Translation of Article Prasing Lee Min Ho' acting :D:D  Yayyyh

On the 5th, SBS 'Blue Sea Legend' (play Park Ji Eun / directing Jinhyuk) 15 times, Huh Junjae (Lee Minho) was reunited with his mother Mohyul Ran (Na Young Hee). There was no crying or tears in the reunion of the hat that had missed each other. Lee Minho's acting, expressing the nostalgia for his mother who has been building for decades, with only a detailed expression of change, made the ending his own by enhancing the sense of intimacy in the breathtaking tension.

The absence of mother was trauma and wound to him. I went out to find my mother and became a fraudster, and the last time I went with her without a greeting was hurt and I could not easily give heart. The reunion, which was in the neighborhood of each other, and which made many people pass by several times and made everyone sad, was different from the expectation. Huh Joon-jae, who faced her mother in front of the crossing, did not rush tears or reveal emotions. The nostalgic nostalgia was gradually amplified and delivered to the viewers by slowly moving toward the breast milk on a daily basis.

It was the moment of emotion and tension that was possible because there was the look of Lee Min-ho's character and the expression of delicate but strong expression. As soon as he heard the voice of Shim Chung (Jae Hyun) celebrating his reunion with his mother, the momentary turnaround revealed the complex feelings. I was able to fill with the longing for many years thanks to the feelings revealed by the whole body while being immersed in Huhjoonae who was always in a bad position for emotions and abstaining from excessive expressions.

The actor Lee Minho 's acting has the role of pulling the emotional line of' The Legend of the Blue Sea '. The love that reveals itself with despair revealed by eyes and the smile that can not be concealed and can not be hidden by knowing that it is the existence that can endanger the life of Shim Chung is the sensitivity of the mysterious romance of two people leading to past life and present life .

The viewers who watched and watched the reunion scene of Huh Junja and Mohyul Ran also said, "I thought Lee Minh could be crying, but I was impressed by the acting that broke my expectation." " I wish JunJae will only walk on the flower path ", and" He is very sincere in acting. "

Spoiler

On the other hand, Huh Joon is expected to continue to protect his family as well as Shim Cheong as he reunites with his mother, and Lee Minho is more interested in his activities. The Legend of the Blue Sea is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 pm.

Credit:http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002881894&lfrom=twitter

• Like 11