[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Guest Moonrain
42 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Hi lobsters!

@Moonrain: lol I can picture your hubby's reaction. YOU know you are going to watch the kiss over and over.  Other than wanting to be Jjh, can you imagine the camera person having to capture the kiss?  I'm sure my mouth would be in a perfect "o" shape. :D

@CarolynH Lol its already implanted in my brain, i cant get over it. 

for sure the camera man must have lost focus for a bit, i'd like to think they had a few more takes before they got the OK from PDnim B) how i wish they'd release the bts :wub:

LOTBSFinale World Wide Trending in Twitter

world%20wide%20trending2.jpg

LOTBSFinale Trending in Egypt Twitter

egypt.jpg

LOTBSFinale Trending in Philippines Twitter

Spoiler

philippines.jpg

LOTBSFinale Trending in Malaysia Twitter

Spoiler

malaysia.jpg

Edited by MadraRua
Please consider putting large images in spoilers or resizing them
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

@babyval22 oh good god, your deep deep deep analysis of the kiss is on point. Hahahaha. 

To be completely honest, I haven't watched it properly either. I purposely didn't pay much attention to subtitles because I'm not quite ready to let go. Usually, when I watch and read the subtitles, if I happen to miss a line of what they're saying, I would rewind and make sure I know what they're saying. This time, I did not do that. 

That being said, I'm going to be completely honest and raw here, I was so depressed to the point where I skipped out on work because I couldn't and didn't want to get up. I know it sounds dramatic and irresponsible but it's true. Luckily, my work place is very lenient as I usually just choose my own schedule anyway.  After I took the day off, I really thought to myself that I can't possibly continue to do this. So while I stayed home, I watched it with subtitles and told myself that after that, I'm letting go. After all, I'd have to actually finish it before letting go. Not watching it with subtitles was like holding onto something that already ended. The more I hold on, the more I don't want to move on. I cried and laughed a lot watching the last episode with subtitles. It was seriously a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. After I finished it and allowed it to sink in, I felt a little better. I figure I have to watch it one more time, properly, before I can finally rest with ease. I'm dramatic, I know, but I can't even begin to explain what this drama has done to me. Over the course of this drama, it's become a natural habit for me to wake up early Wednesday and Thursday, to stay up late on Sunday for the previews, to see tons and tons of news articles about them, to see new BTS videos, and to see new stills. I had something I was always excited to wait on, and it became a habit of mine to expect it. Now, I have to break out of a habit I don't particularly want to. That's the hardest part about letting go. 

----------------

@minaboom_stv welcome to the thread. 

I can't answer your first question because I thought the same thing too. Lol. I don't know how she paid for it. 

Your second question, I believe what he meant was that he spent 1 year trying to search for her. I don't think he is implying that he found the sea where she lived.  

@Chellsee I can't help but think that they are LMH and JJH in the gif you posted above. I saw their last BTS film and both could not stop laughing whenever they acted with each other. It makes me believe that's really LMH and JJH and not HJJ and SC. Lol. 

Hahahs.. Was that a deep deep deep analysis that I just did? I think their deep kiss scene is the only Kdrama kissing scene that I have on replay for the longest time. Hahahahs. 

I know what you mean. I'm the same. I can't concentrate at work and all I can think abt os refreshing this thread every 15min to read everyone's post. I'm not ready to let go at all. But I also know I have to. We all have go move on at some point and just reflect back on this beautiful drama that the team has given us. I haven't watched it detail with subtitles so will prolly do so for next few days. In fact, I think I will be rewatching the drama again cos the beginning few episodes was a blurry mess to me. I didn't really get hooked so deep till I started becoming very active in this thread. Hahahs. So in a way, I'm happy that I can rewatch it properly! Hehe.

Regarding @minaboom_stv Questions, Hahahs. These are my guesses.  

1. She prolly paid them on credit? Hahahs. Is there such a thing? 

2. Yup, the second year, he spent that year trying to look for her. They also showed him listening to news report of miraculous saves by the sea. So everytime there was a news report of someone being saved at the beach, he would head to that beach cos he prolly is hoping that the Chungie was the one miraculously saving people. 

Hahahs. I do think LMH and JJH became at least good partners if not friends after this drama. It would be very interesting to have them pair up in an action movie. Can totally see that for the both of them. Hahahs. 

• Like 8

Wow!! Hahaha!! I wonder how may people worldwide are discussing and obsessing about THE KDrama KISS of the year now??? 

Man, I wish I were the camera man - then again, I probably would not be able to FOCUS at all!  No, wait, I wish I were the PD!! Then, I can make them KISS over and over again! 

Mwahahahaha! ^_^

• Like 11

@babyval22 - ah, so when he was reading some info on his tablet, he was reading about news regarding people who were miraculously saved at sea?? 

The info shown on the web pages was in Korean and there were no subtitles- that's why that part probably got lost in (none) translation for most of us, who can't read Korean! 

Thanks very much, Chingu for this tidbit!!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

Wow!! Hahaha!! I wonder how may people worldwide are discussing and obsessing about THE KDrama KISS of the year now??? 

Man, I wish I were the camera man - then again, I probably would not be able to FOCUS at all!  No, wait, I wish I were the PD!! Then, I can make them KISS over and over again! 

Mwahahahaha! ^_^

Hellooo!  I wish I were JJH!!

• Like 5

By the way, does anyone know which site feature the most complete (accurate) English subtitles for LOTBS?? 

I notice that some subs are missing sometimes from Drama Cool, Box Asian is better but there's no translation of written stuff - like HJJ's diary entries or the websites he was searching through.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Hahahs.. Was that a deep deep deep analysis that I just did? I think their deep kiss scene is the only Kdrama kissing scene that I have on replay for the longest time. Hahahahs. 

I know what you mean. I'm the same. I can't concentrate at work and all I can think abt os refreshing this thread every 15min to read everyone's post. I'm not ready to let go at all. But I also know I have to. We all have go move on at some point and just reflect back on this beautiful drama that the team has given us. I haven't watched it detail with subtitles so will prolly do so for next few days. In fact, I think I will be rewatching the drama again cos the beginning few episodes was a blurry mess to me. I didn't really get hooked so deep till I started becoming very active in this thread. Hahahs. So in a way, I'm happy that I can rewatch it properly! Hehe.

Regarding @minaboom_stv Questions, Hahahs. These are my guesses.  

1. She prolly paid them on credit? Hahahs. Is there such a thing? 

2. Yup, the second year, he spent that year trying to look for her. They also showed him listening to news report of miraculous saves by the sea. So everytime there was a news report of someone being saved at the beach, he would head to that beach cos he prolly is hoping that the Chungie was the one miraculously saving people. 

Hahahs. I do think LMH and JJH became at least good partners if not friends after this drama. It would be very interesting to have them pair up in an action movie. Can totally see that for the both of them. Hahahs. 

To be completely honest, I didn't get hooked until around episode 6, I believe. The episode that got me thinking days on end about it was when HJJ took her to go skiing. Episode 7 & 8 caught me off guard and reeled me in at the speed of light. I swooned liked crazy over HJJ's "plan." It was history from there on and now I'm left to suffer withdrawals. Lol. I will go back to marathon the whole thing again, perhaps a month from now. I fear that watching it again right now will only enhance the withdrawal symptoms. I may never be able to move on. In truth, the drama is so much better when you see the big picture. Watching it while it was airing was a disadvantage because I was left to think and analyze for myself. Now that I understand the whole picture, it makes me appreciate the drama more than while I was watching it. I think the pieces began to fall together somewhere around episode 9 on. Only then, did I realize what we were really dealing with and only then, I started to appreciate the story more. But of course, I still love all the episodes before, as it was very funny and always made me laugh. 

Thank you so much for opening my eyes. I didn't know he would travel to beaches that people were miraculously saved. Awwwhhhh, my baby HJJ is sooooo sweet! Ugh, his sweetness kills me. 

@1ouise tell me about it! I'm dying of jealousy here! I want to kiss him like that! I want him to kiss me like that! Hahaha. 

15 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@1ouise - HAHAHA!! 

Er - I can't quite wish I were JJH - cos technically I could be LMH's OmMah!! 

Hahahahaha you made me laugh chingu. Lol.

• Like 7

Chingus can anyone please post pics of that backhug scene. In starting of ep20, HJJ holds her from back. It was before memory erasing kiss. I reay loved that scene actually. Its like a calm before the storm.. i checked few previous pages but couldnt find any pics of that scene.

Please please if anyone find HQ pics of that scne plz post and tag me.  

• Like 7

Guest Moonrain
49 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

By the way, does anyone know which site feature the most complete (accurate) English subtitles for LOTBS?? 

I notice that some subs are missing sometimes from Drama Cool, Box Asian is better but there's no translation of written stuff - like HJJ's diary entries or the websites he was searching through.

Try dramalove, dramaland or dramafire.

im actually downloading all the episodes now as i listen to the OST in the living room. it feels nostalgic. Its been a while since im alone in the house as im sick with the flu and the fam had to attend a party. i suspect this started after i cried so hard when Blue Sea ended :( Im going to binge watch the show without interruptions while i still can...and ofcourse have the kiss on repeat too lol 

41 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@mythicalove, I'm still of the opinion that SC was wrong to erase JJ's memories. While it's true that he was in great pain while waiting for her, erasing the memories wouldn't have removed the longing and emptiness that he would have felt inside. And, it would have probably even driven him into deep depression, not knowing why he had these feelings constantly with him, not to mention he wouldn't have been able to meet another woman feeling as he did, so he would have been alone for the rest of his life anyway. At least, with his memories, even though not having her by his side gave him so much grief, he would understand why he had those feelings. Also, the strongest argument I have for why SC shouldn't have removed his memories is because JJ didn't want her to remove them. He wanted to keep them. I'm a strong believer in free agency. SC doing something like removing his memories for his own sake, smacks too much of removing his agency away from him because of her fears for him. Having said all that, I do understand why SC did what she did. With his memories, JJ did suffer terribly for 3 years. I'm just saying that I still think she was wrong. 

@babyval22, I also liked JJ getting a little pissy with SC about her erasing his memories. It did feel like a real couple tiff with JJ basically saying an "I told you so" to SC without actually saying it.

@Alice Mendoza, SC tells the fashionista beggar that there is a man whom she likes. And, she thinks that they're not in the romantic phase, but in the hot phase, and that she expects soon to find out how dirty a love a man can get. Hope that makes sense.

Also, as for Detective Hong, did he know SC by name and face? If he did, SC probably went and took care of him as well.  In terms of the media, I don't think the reports actually mentioned SC by name or with a close up of her face. JJ extricated SC from the hospital, erasing all of her records as he did so, before anyone could interview SC for the incident. Also, it's a fast news cycle, so the public tends to forget about stories soon anyway, unless it's a long running scandal like the presidential one.

And, oh yeah, I'm still perving over that kiss, so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. :wub: I think we're squeeing as much as we are for a number of reasons, but one of them is that I think seeing tongue in a kdrama is just so unusual whereas in films, it would be considered very tame. And, JJ and SC are two very beautiful people, totally in love, and in SC's own words about to explore how dirty love they can get. :wub:

Well said! I cannot argue against your point because I completely agree with you. 

HJJ wanted to keep his memories but he allowed her to make the choice. I believe he gave in easily because he knew that his heart loved her to the point where even without memories, his mind and soul will remember her. He also knew he had written down their love story in case he ever forgot again. I think his choice to leave it in her hands is to make her feel at ease when she returns to sea. If she had left him with memories, I believe she would have returned to land every now and then to see him. But because she thought he didn't remember her and he was probably living well, she spent her time recovering without worrying about him. I think his choice was also from selflessness. He can live everyday missing and longing for her as long as he knows she is recovering, well and healthy. At the end of the day, I can argue for both of them. I can also argue agreeing and disagreeing with SC. Therefore, I just decided that while I may not agree with her completely, I can understand her choice. 

-------------

I am laughing so hard at what she said to homeless fashionista! SC's thrist is real. Hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaha.

--------------

Hahahaha about the kiss, I think more so than just tongue in korean dramas, I am blushing because it's Lee Min Ho's tongue. Following him for so many years, I know his nature is quite polite and shy at times. Therefore, I blushed like crazy seeing him kiss her like that. I blush for myself and for him. Of course, I know he can't possibly be as innocent as I preceive him to be, as Kim Hee Sun has mentioned before that LMH is very naughty, but just seeing the way he is around his fans, I'm sure he would blush if he saw how much we're teasing him. Lol.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@babyval22 - ah, so when he was reading some info on his tablet, he was reading about news regarding people who were miraculously saved at sea?? 

The info shown on the web pages was in Korean and there were no subtitles- that's why that part probably got lost in (none) translation for most of us, who can't read Korean! 

Thanks very much, Chingu for this tidbit!!

No problem Chingu! It was what I thought I saw while watching the live broadcast of the last episode! 

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Hellooo!  I wish I were JJH!!

Hahahah! Tell me about it too! I would rather be JJH! Wait, or should I rather be Suzy? Hahahahs. This drama will be the end of me I tell you. 

1 hour ago, mythicalove said:

To be completely honest, I didn't get hooked until around episode 6, I believe. The episode that got me thinking days on end about it was when he took her to go skiing. Episode 7 & 8 caught me off guard and reeled me in at the speed of light. I swooned liked crazy over HJJ's "plan." It was history from there on and now I'm left to suffer withdrawals. Lol. I will go back to marathon the whole thing again, perhaps a month from now. I fear that watching it again right now will only enhance the withdrawal symptoms. I may never be able to move on. In truth, the drama is so much better when you see the big picture. Watching it while it was airing was a disadvantage because I was left to think and analyze for myself. Now that I understand the whole picture, it makes me appreciate the drama more than while I was watching it. I think the pieces began to fall together somewhere around episode 9 on. Only then, did I realize what we were really dealing with and only then, I started to appreciate the story more. But of course, I still love all the episodes before, as it was very funny and always made me laugh. 

Thank you so much for opening my eyes. I didn't know he would travel to beaches that people were miraculously saved. Awwwhhhh, my baby HJJ is sooooo sweet! Ugh, his sweetness kills me. 

I can't really remember which episode got me. I think it was the same episode as you. I blinked blinked at the snow scene where JJ told SC to say I love you. Then the one that got me down all the way would most probably be around the time he remembered his past life and all. That got me completely hooked and like you, i'm left with dealing with the withdrawal symptoms aftermath Now. 

I usually don't even chase any drama while it's currently airing, let alone a kdrama. Lotbs was the first k drama I chased live and watched raw. I'm a person who prefers to see the end to see if the drama is worth watching. Hahahahs. Thank goodness LOTBS ended well, otherwise it would have scarred me for life. Hahahahs. 

Like you,  I prefer watching a drama after it finish airing cos it feels more complete. To know the whole story in one go. 

I didn't interpret the scene wrongly right? That was what I thought when i saw the scene of news reporting and him walking along those beaches. Hope I'm right! Hahahahs. 

40 minutes ago, Moonrain said:

Try dramalove, dramaland or dramafire.

im actually downloading all the episodes now as i listen to the OST in the living room. it feels nostalgic. Its been a while since im alone in the house as im sick with the flu and the fam had to attend a party. i suspect this started after i cried so hard when Blue Sea ended :( Im going to binge watch the show without interruptions while i still can...and ofcourse have the kiss on repeat too lol 

I'm also down with a bad flu and it only started getting worse after I cried my eyes out upon reading the translated entries in JJ's diaries. Sighs. 

24 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@babyval22, I also liked JJ getting a little pissy with SC about her erasing his memories. It did feel like a real couple tiff with JJ basically saying an "I told you so" to SC without actually saying it.

Also, as for Detective Hong, did he know SC by name and face? If he did, SC probably went and took care of him as well.  In terms of the media, I don't think the reports actually mentioned SC by name or with a close up of her face. JJ extricated SC from the hospital, erasing all of her records as he did so, before anyone could interview SC for the incident. Also, it's a fast news cycle, so the public tends to forget about stories soon anyway, unless it's a long running scandal like the presidential one.

You summed it up just right. It was a complete I told you so moment for JJ to tell Chung. 

I think detective Mimi prolly did know Chung. He prolly went to deal with him as well. 

• Like 3

Guest Moonrain
35 minutes ago, LMHolic said:

Chingus can anyone please post pics of that backhug scene. In starting of ep20, HJJ holds her from back. It was before memory erasing kiss. I reay loved that scene actually. Its like a calm before the storm.. i checked few previous pages but couldnt find any pics of that scene.

Please please if anyone find HQ pics of that scne plz post and tag me.  

9770658cgy1fc0xspmzcfg20dw07u1l0_zpsrtki

hope this is what you're looking for...