[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Special episode of 'Legend of the Blue Sea' to air Thursday

Spoiler

(SBS)

A special episode of the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" starring actors Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will air this week, its broadcaster SBS TV said Wednesday.

The special episode will air Thursday and be a summary of the plot so far.

The fantasy romance is currently facing a storm of public criticism over its similar storyline with the 2013-14 hit drama "My Love from the Star" and its slow plot development.

Due to the upcoming episode, the 14th episode will be postponed to Jan. 4.

"The special episode, which will be based on the romance between Shim Chung (played by Jun), the mermaid from the Joseon Dynasty, and Heo Joon-jae (played by Lee) will allow viewers to skim through the first half of the drama like watching a movie," SBS said. (Yonhap)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612281743077440499_2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 4 JAN?

• Like 3

Guest Moonrain
15 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

2016.12.28 RATING AGB NATIONWIDE

#LEGENDOFTHEBLUESEA 16%

source: naver

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0002946373

its confirmed ma dae young and heo jun jae doctor was the same person. Omg ! I hope Heo jun jae quickly leave the room ! It was said the doctor was little bit weird since he was the only one who treated MDY -.-

i knew it! i hope the cops get there in time...

i guess the ratings will be along that range till it ends...

ONE MORE ARTICLE...I FEEL SO SAD...

SEOUL, Dec. 28 (Yonhap) -- A special episode of the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" starring actors Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will air this week, its broadcaster SBS TV said Wednesday.

The fantasy romance is currently facing a storm of public criticism over its similar storyline with the 2013-14 hit drama "My Love from the Star" and its slow plot development.

"The special episode, which will be based on the romance between Shim Chung (played by Jun), the mermaid from the Joseon Dynasty, and Heo Joon-jae (played by Lee) will allow viewers to skim through the first half of the drama like watching a movie," SBS said.

A still from the SBS series "Legend of the Blue Sea" (Yonhap) A still from the SBS series "Legend of the Blue Sea" (Yonhap)

yujeoungkr@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/12/28/0701000000AEN20161228006500315.html

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

2016.12.28 RATING AGB NATIONWIDE

#LEGENDOFTHEBLUESEA 16%

source: naver

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0002946373

its confirmed ma dae young and heo jun jae doctor was the same person. Omg ! I hope Heo jun jae quickly leave the room ! It was said the doctor was little bit weird since he was the only one who treated MDY -.-

yup that criminal in this century is the same guy as in the past.    OH Hope he remembers.  

12 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Reveal hidden contents

(SBS)

A special episode of the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" starring actors Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will air this week, its broadcaster SBS TV said Wednesday.

"The special episode, which will be based on the romance between Shim Chung (played by Jun), the mermaid from the Joseon Dynasty, and Heo Joon-jae (played by Lee) will allow viewers to skim through the first half of the drama like watching a movie," SBS said. (Yonhap)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612281743077440499_2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 4 JAN?

NOOOO !!!! how do I wait until the 4th....    

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Moonrain said:

i guess the ratings will be along that range till it ends...

Yeah, I think that it will remain in the upper teens until the end. LOTBS has their core audience who are predominantly female. I am really surprised by the percentage of female teenagers watching the show based on Naver's breakdown of age group and gender for the comments section especially for Naver videos. Also, LOTBS has been showing up as top searches for teenagers. The top searches are usually from single females and housewives.

• Like 8

I just finished episode 13 with subtitles and yup, I am  definitely more certain than ever that the professor hypnotizing HJJ has been prescribing MDY medication. I think we are being tricked to believe MDY is heading there the same time HJJ is there. It would be too easy for MDY to come and see HJJ lying on the bed. I don't fear for HJJ's life but I can't promise MDY will come out it if alive, since HJJ is going to wake up with his tragic past freshly in his mind. If MDY is present when HJJ wakes up, I hope HJJ gives him a good beating, for KDR and SH. But would it be too easy because HJJ will be able to catch him then? Unless he runs away again. In any case, I hope this means HJJ will be more driven than ever to catch MDY and make him pay for everything he has done in this lifetime and the past. I am craving for some serious torture, and it's only fair that HJJ is the one who tortures MDY, that would be the only way to satisfy my heart! 

@nika94 it's ok. I think I see a trend of it ranging around this number for awhile. It's been this way since it began and there will probably be no dramatic jump. Let's just be happy that at least they have a solid and dependable audience. I can only hope that the last few episodes will allow them to surpass the 20% mark, but I'm not hoping for much at this point. As long as we enjoy and love the drama, I am happy. As of right now, I'm thanking the writer for creating such a beautiful story and LMH and JJH for portraying their roles so well. I am most definitely in love with this drama. 

• Like 12

new article and comments http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002478882&gid=999339&cid=1052874

I am not interested in rating no longer, these ratings already are good , I was waiting very well ratings but we needn't be sad, these ratings are good ,, many drama are received 7-8% ratings in this year ,so we must happy and LOBS is sooooo good, I love this drama 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, leeminhosny said:

new article and comments http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002478882&gid=999339&cid=1052874

I am not interested in rating no longer, these ratings already are good , I was waiting very well ratings but we needn't be sad, these ratings are good ,, many drama are received 7-8% ratings in this year ,so we must happy and LOBS is sooooo good, I love this drama 

There is no doubt that LotBS is a big financial success for SBS. Ragarding Korean TV ratings, the crucial number is the 15% mark - once the drama hits that it's truly profitable because the station will gain huge money from the commercials aired before and after the episode + the sponsors and PPL. Then of course, there are added money for reaching 20 %, 25 % and so on. Most dramas are lucky if they can get past that magical mark for half of their run, BUT LOTBS HAS BEEN RECORDING +15% RATINGS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF ITS RUN, therefore each episode brought SBS a lot of money. LotBS might be slightly less successful in the TV ratings than the Romantic Doctor, however, it beats it on the internet popularity and international fame.

Regarding the pre-emption of episode 14, I can totally understand it and fully support it. The cast and crew most be completely exhausted from the demanding liveshooting schedule and filming in difficult conditions - in the cold and without barely any sleep. LMH has grown ill and JJH has probably barely seen her little baby boy in these 3 months. They all deserve a little rest at the end of the year. Plus perhaps SBS is also trying to gain some time so at least some of the cast can attend the SBS Drama Awards on December 31.

• Like 12

Episode 13 was so heartwrenching and such a powerful episode... Even though I knew from the start that the Joseon storyline would come to a tragic end, I seriously gasped in shock when Sae Wa pulled the spear through herself as well... it was so painful and so tragic to see what happened... 

I'm really loving to see Joon Jae take more proactive steps to find out what happened, so that he can truly protect Sim Chung. There were so many touching scenes between them today - I seriously hope that our modern day storyline gets a happy ending!! 

Shared more thoughts on this amazing episode on my blog: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/29/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-13/

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, briseis said:

There is no doubt that LotBS is a big financial success for SBS. Ragarding Korean TV ratings, the crucial number is the 15% mark - once the drama hits that it's truly profitable because the station will gain huge money from the commercials aired before and after the episode + the sponsors and PPL. Then of course, there are added money for reaching 20 %, 25 % and so on. Most dramas are lucky if they can get past that magical mark for half of their run, BUT LOTBS HAS BEEN RECORDING +15% RATINGS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF ITS RUN, therefore each episode brought SBS a lot of money. LotBS might be slightly less successful in the TV ratings than the Romantic Doctor, however, it beats it on the internet popularity and international fame.

Regarding the pre-emption of episode 14, I can totally understand it and fully support it. The cast and crew most be completely exhausted from the demanding liveshooting schedule and filming in difficult conditions - in the cold and without barely any sleep. LMH has grown ill and JJH has probably barely seen her little baby boy in these 3 months. They all deserve a little rest at the end of the year. Plus perhaps SBS is also trying to gain some time so at least some of the cast can attend the SBS Drama Awards on December 31.

I agree ,LOBS is the most succesful drama in abroad , and brand reputation rankings are higher than other drama in Korea, we are reading this news 

The Legend Of The Blue Sea is not just popular in Asia but also in Europe, Oceania and the US.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/legend-blue-sea-excells-internationally-maintains-top-position-viewership-ranking-708959

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/16/december-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

• Like 8

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Jeon Ji Hyeon and Lee Min Ho, so Intimate and Close

photo800877.jpg

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon slept on the same bed.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho) had a nightmare.

Sim Cheong (Jeon Ji-hyeon) heard him shout another woman's name and asked, "Is that a girl's name? Is she pretty?" and Joon-jae said, "Yes, she is". Cheong asked, "What about me?"

Joon-jae replied, "You're pretty, too" and Cheong made him choose over her or that girl. Joon-jae looked at her sweetly and said, "Of course, it's you".

Cheong got up to leave to her bedroom and Joon-jae pulled her back down saying, "Don't go. I need you here to stop having nightmares".

Cheong went outside when he fell asleep and yelled for joy, "Heo Joon-jae likes me! My heart might burst like this. I can't control my energy".

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-jeon-ji-hyeon-and-lee-min-ho-so-intimate-and-close-101937.html

• Like 9