[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Diner is over but still no sub....Ohh si si, 40% only....will I watch now orrr.....wait a little more .....acckkkk.....Watch it now ? or later ?? OhMonDieu....right now inside my head is almost the same like Cheongie's lol....but for totaly different reason :lol:

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, AyoeB said:

Diner is over but still no sub....Ohh si si, 40% only....will I watch now orrr.....wait a little more .....acckkkk.....Watch it now ? or later ?? OhMonDieu....right now inside my head is almost the same like Cheongie's lol....but for totaly different reason :lol:

Hahahahahahaha, I love how we have all become a little more like Cheongie throughout watching this show. We now cry pearls and can't stop to think straight, our thoughts trail on and on and on and on. Lol. 

What else have we learned from her? 

-------------------------------

@nika94 The view counts on that video seems good to me. But I actually wouldn't know because I don't follow naver too much lol. I realize the number has jumped a lot since you first posted it also, which is a good sign. 

I honestly cannot tell whether knetz reaction to these past two episodes are good or bad though. I haven't seen anyone post links regarding their reaction. I usually like to see their reactions. Last week's reaction to episode 10 was huge and everyone showed love for it. It hasn't been like that towards this week's episodes. 

@leeminhosny care to enlighten us? I usually get my naver updates through your posts, which I much appreciate :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, heart_jjh said:

Im totally satisfied and happy with todays MENU :w00t: After the ending of Ep 11 looks quite tragedy, so I thought todays Ep will get sad. But we got full of happy and sweet moments and even with a hot ending. I keep turn on and off my laptop because of JoonChung... can't wait for Eng Sub.

With eng sub..we might laughing hard since their body language already crack us to laugh :w00t:  after junjae pinch her cheek: She said my cheek feel hurt, but strangely i like it, what it is mean? Am i crazy? This feeling, i dont want it only me who feel it, i want heo jun jae know this feeling too. Lol *then junjae run away from her, afraid she will pinch his cheek too

looking how fast park ji eun writer put sc and jj together, it would be funny if next week they sleep on the same bed? and namdo came inside junjae room :D 

btw, chungs looks so pretty with dolce and gabbana dress and red lipstick :wub:
IMG_8136.gif
IMG_8137.gif

credit to owner

EVERYBODY ENG SUB OUT !!

Edited by bebe1989
  • Like 17

46 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

EVERYBODY ENG SUB OUT !!

WAAH!!! VIKI SUB TEAM ARE FAST TODAY. THEY MUST BE JOONCHUNG FANS TOO. 

LITTLE SPOILER OF JOONJAE CUTENESS 

Spoiler

HE CHANGE HIS NAME ON CHEONGIE'S PHONE 

woPtCoP.jpg

E9RIfX2.jpg

AND LOOKS LIKE CHEONGIE LOVE IT. THAT LITTLE SMILE ON HER FACE :wub:

• Like 10

2016.12.22 RATING AGB NATIONWIDE

#LEGENDOFTHEBLUESEA 17.3%

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002578966

OMG ! Sc inner voices so funny ! She just like woman who fallin hard to junjae. Hahahhaa..summary sc inner voice: "why he wearing green? Is it green light for me? Why he was smile?his voice sound so lovely earlier? Is he angry with me? Why he touch my hair so tenderly? Is he like me? Fallen hard with me? :phew: hohoho.. why did he said he want me to move his belongings together? What if he want to marry other woman, and want me to move his belongings?" LOL CHUNGS !!! I want to pinch your cheeks ! Pretty cute lady !!! ❤️

Csa drunk confession also funny, why did she said she want to donation everything, because its trend nowdays? LOL..

PRETTY CHUNGS ! WITH SAUNA CLOTHES :D 
IMG_8097.gifIMG_8098.gifIMG_8099.gif

Credit to momo

• Like 17

As much as I love this drama and find it hilarious--this episode was no exception, I'm ready for some secrets to be revealed. I have to say that the father's eye doctor isn't much of a doctor that he doesn't know something is going on if the medicine is not working. I can't and don't feel sorry for the stepbrother because if he really cared for his stepfather, he would try to stop his mother.  

• Like 7

I just finished watching episode 12. As if I didn't enjoy it enough already, watching it with subtitles made it 10x better. This episode was simply amazing and hilarious! This show never cease to entertain me. 

I love the simile CSA used to describe HJJ's way of sorting his feelings. It was very appropriate, because SC is, after all, half fish. 

She is wondering if he only thinks of her as one of his fishes. No, but you are the only mermaid that his heart beats for. :)

-------------------------

Before he kissed her, he said 

"Now it's nice an quiet. From now on, don't think of anything and don't do anything." 

I swooned! I can't handle the sweetness! HJJ stole my heart. 

--------------------------

Can we just talk about how pretty Party Cheong is? Goodness, I admire JJH's beauty! 

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

As much as I love this drama and find it hilarious--this episode was no exception, I'm ready for some secrets to be revealed. I have to say that the father's eye doctor isn't much of a doctor that he doesn't know something is going on if the medicine is not working. I can't and don't feel sorry for the stepbrother because if he really cared for his stepfather, he would try to stop his mother.  

I enjoy the drama entirely and find it entertaining. I can probably watch a whole drama of just HJJ and SC bickering, mind reading, and flirting. But, I must admit, I agree with you that I am ready for more than just hilarious. Particularly, I have been missing and noticing the absense of KDR. I assume he returned SH back to the sea, as the ending of episode 8 suggested it and as the beginning of episode 11 revealed that Lord Yang has sent fishermen to go fishing for her, meaning she is back in the ocean. Therefore, I can look past the fact that they never showed us a proper separation. Though I still wish they would have, I will let go of it. However, I am not certain I can do the same towards the lack of KDR. He has shown up less and less in the past two episodes. I'm now wondering, if he died in the past, should they have ended the Joseon story this episode? It makes sense to me that the story played together, to show the similarities between the two times. However, if something went wrong in the past and HJJ is meant to change his fate in the present, they should end the past life soon so the remainder of the episodes will be about HJJ finding a way to change his fate. Perhaps they mean to play the two stories side by side until the end. If that is the case, please show us more of KDR and SH. Because of these past two episodes, I feel like KDR and SH's story doesn't even exist or has been less impactful. It was strong and made a huge impression on me, but they seemed to have wait it out too long that it became less important. There's one thing they failed to capture in the past two episodes, and that is the beauty of the Joseon story. While I am simply loving the present day story, I now feel that the Joseon story lacks in comparison, simply due to these two episodes. I must express I am a little disappointed with that part. However, when I watch it, I simply forget and love the present day story so much that I overlook it. It is only when I stop to think about it, I start to question what happened to KDR. With the beginning 10 episodes, they managed to stimulate my curiosity about the Joseon background. Unforunately, these past two episodes have almost undone what I felt for the backstory. It's not a matter of curiosity anymore but a matter of lacking in telling their full story. This, I blame the editor or director. They don't seem to know how to connect the story and make it flow smoothly. I felt like a little more was needed at the beginning of episode 12 when they showed KDR getting called upon to go to jail. What could have easily fixed it was simply showing them dragging KDR away and his thoughts connecting to HJJ. That would have been nice. For episode 11, I can forgive the lack of KDR because having the beginning voiceover by KDR and ending voiceover by HJJ showed strong presence of the connection between the two. But episode 12 failed to do the same. 

Lol, don't get me wrong though. I still loved episode 12 to bits and enjoyed it thoroughly. There were other things that made up for the lack of KDR. I am 100% loving and satisfied with the present day love progression. The only thing I wish for is that for the writer to give me closure with their history or if not, and she means to continue playing the story until the end, show the story in the past more! I am feeling deprived here! Please, writer, director, editor, whoever. Please! Don't mind me, I am often more tough on dramas that I love. Therefore, my ranting doesn't mean I don't love it, it means I love it enough to care about it and to want it to be perfect. 

In in regards to CH, I'd have to wait before I judge him. His initial reaction is hurt and dissappointment, which influenced him to believe he should protect his mother. However, when he knocks out of it, he will probably draw the line between what's right and wrong. I will wait to see. 

What I did like is that they showed how the evil stepmother crept her way into stealing HJJ's father away. She is indeed, a conniving  bi***. 

---------------------

@bebe1989 thanks for the ratings report.

To our LOTBS team, fighting! 

@leeminhosny thank you so much for the naver update :)

• Like 11

hey all... i just finished ep12 and i am a little confused.

Does Sim Chung know that Joon Jae can read her thoughts? I thought she already knew and that's why at the end of ep10, she told him that she's a mermaid through her thoughts?

Does she know that he already knows she's a mermaid?

@lclarakl @mythicalove i truly agree with both of you that i'm ready for more than just hilarious. i enjoyed ep12, but i kept wondering... why are we going through the same ground again as to whether joon jae loves sim chung or not? i actually loved the first 15 minutes of the episode because it was tense and engaging and brought Dae Young to the forefront and he finally did something threatening! sim chung also stepped up her game and became truly menacing when she threatened to take away his memories. However, after that, the intensity just disappeared... seemed a bit like a fun filler episode to me. am really wondering when we'll get some solid events happening in the show.. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, heroonthebeach said:

hey all... i just finished ep12 and i am a little confused.

Does Sim Chung know that Joon Jae can read her thoughts? I thought she already knew and that's why at the end of ep10, she told him that she's a mermaid through her thoughts?

Does she know that he already knows she's a mermaid?

@lclarakl @mythicalove i truly agree with both of you that i'm ready for more than just hilarious. i enjoyed ep12, but i kept wondering... why are we going through the same ground again as to whether joon jae loves sim chung or not? i actually loved the first 15 minutes of the episode because it was tense and engaging and brought Dae Young to the forefront and he finally did something threatening! sim chung also stepped up her game and became truly menacing when she threatened to take away his memories. However, after that, the intensity just disappeared... seemed a bit like a fun filler episode to me. am really wondering when we'll get some solid events happening in the show.. 

Here is how I understand the scene HJJ heard SC's secret. SC didn't purposely reveal her secret to HJJ. In the dialogue, she says, 

"My secret is that... I am different for you. That I'm a mermaid. If you know who I am, you will be shocked and hurt and scared of me. You will leave me. So I want to do my best and not be found out." 

The very last sentence suggests that she is still trying to hide it from him. Therefore, she is simply saying it to herself, answering him internally, without knowing that he can hear her. 

--------------

I agree with you, I did enjoy seeing the first half of episode 12 taking a darker route. I loved the confrontation between MDY and SC, and am very happy that SC was smart enough to protect herself. I do feel that half the episode traveling down that route was enough for now, however, since we still have another 8 episodes to go. It's merely an introduction to MDY discovering her secret and the trio working hand in hand with the detectives to put him behind bars. Whatever MDY will do with that secret and exactly how they will put him behind bars, we will be sure to in the future episodes. Another particular scene I was glad to see was when CH called HJJ to let him know that he is warning him to protect his father. Though HJJ simply ignored it and dismissed it as drunk talking, it definitely foreshadows he'll have to step in to protect his father. While I do not think that CH will end up being entirely bad, I do fear he will sway onto his mother's side before he changes his mind. The bottom line is, I think episode 12 did a fantastic job laying the grounds down for the next 8 episodes to come, and I look forward to seeing it. I believe the episodes from here on out will gradually shift its focus towards stopping the villian, as the love line has been developed pretty well thus far, and only has one more big revelation left, being SC finding out HJJ knows. Or at least I hope. 

• Like 7

@mythicalove thanks for the clarification... the impression I got from that scene was that she was directing the comment at him, as though she was speaking to him knowing that he could hear her. But looking at the comment as a whole, I guess you're right...  however, thought he was being pretty obvious in the sauna when he kept protecting her from water.. i thought she would have know that something was amiss and suspect he already knows she's a mermaid. 

Just feels like we've been laying the ground for quite a while, without much happening besides there being progress in the love story between Joon Jae and Sim Chung, and also Joon Jae's realisation of his link to the past, which has stalled for quite a while too...

I've posted my thoughts on the episode here: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/22/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-12/

I'll have a think about it for a while and may post another review after also reading the comments here... I did enjoy the episode and laughed a lot :) but I did think that we were going over the same issues when Joon Jae should already be starting to ask Sim Chung more about her being a mermaid..  

• Like 3

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Jeon Ji Hyeon and Lee Min Ho's kiss scene induce 17.3%

photo798610.jpg

The SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" showed increase.

The twelfth episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", rated 17.3%.

This is a 0.6% increase compared to the last episode. This drama which holds a cast of top stars Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho, has been coming in first since the beginning.

Heo Joon-jae and Sim Cheong displayed a hot kiss scene on this day.

Second came in KBS 2TV drama "Oh My Geum-bi" which rated 7%, a 0.6% increase.

MBC drama "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" rated 4.5% which only increased by 0.1%.

http://www.hancinema.net/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-jeon-ji-hyeon-and-lee-min-ho-s-kiss-scene-induce-17-3percent-101756.html

• Like 7

6 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Hmmmm... The way I see it, I think this is all a big misunderstanding between each character. The dad feels the need to give HJJ everything because he didn't act as a father towards HJJ all his life. Now that he is older, he wishes to compensate for the lost time and love that he did not give to HJJ. He thinks money can fix everything, so he insists on showing his "love" by gifting all his fortune to HJJ. Unlike what he thinks, money is not love. In contrast, he loved and took care of CH ever since young age. He served as a father figure to CH, and acted like his real dad. Therefore, as he is aging, he has no regrets towards CH. He gave him all that he could as a father. The bottom line is, he feels guilty towards HJJ for not loving him enough. 

Who is more ungrateful? Let's just put it this way, HJJ may have been completely satisfied with his dad if his dad loved and took care of him and his mother; he does not care about money. On the other hand, the dad has given up his previous family to take care of CH and his mother, for many years. Yet, CH cannot see the love. It's not that CH is ungrateful but rather that he is insecure. He doesn't believe that his dad loves or ever accepted him and he needs that confirmation. He thinks he can confirm that if his dad chooses to give him the fortune over HJJ. He doesn't care about the money, really, he cares to know that his father loves him.

agree with your opinion. but i do still think he need to be fair to both side. just like you said. he really think money solve his problem with HJJ. it's actually worsen the situation. he can give something for CH, maybe just 10% of his shares, CH even for his (daddy) company, does he not deserve any of it?. or maybe daddy can give CH their house, he grown up in that house... 

or he can make both JJ and CH work together at the company, there's might be a posibility for them to get close if they need to work together.

T.T i feel sad.. for both sons.. for having such father. *sigh* Daddy... money doesn't solve everything. 

• Like 4

I'ts the writer and producer's choice to make it light romantic drama from the beginning but they fail to recognise that hardly any pure rom com could break over 20%. If we look at all previous drama with high rating, they all have high portion of suspense and thrill  even with "cheap" cliche tropes but they work to make it more addictive. Korea has a taste for those dramatic stories out of petty conflict but sadly it's how to make audiences turn on their TV. 

The writer has been successfully building consistent characters development to make 2 main leads shine (wishing more JJH kissass though) but it's really the time to step up with the suspense with all the clues given to us. I don't mind blood and even deaths (of course not to our main present day couple).

If it continues to pursue the lightness I am afraid the rating would drop further and I desperately want to have higher rating for JJH and LMH 

• Like 7