Four memorable kisses we had with SC and JJ. :heart:

C0VTn13UcAAwolx.jpg

C0VToylUkAAcdlF.jpg

C0VTpElUoAAd32G.jpg

C0VTpUFVQAA4ydK.jpg

Credit to owner.

tk u, Chellsee!

1louise is right - kisses all right side lean ones versus 1 left side lean one 

pardon my ignorance ... i just couldn't figure out how to insert eg @1louise highlighted in blue ...could someone please help enlighten ....tks!

• Like 12

@mythicaloveLike you, I would be very disappointed if they don't explore further the communication between KDR and HJJ. It's a fascinating aspect of this drama.  What happen to SH? OK writer, we are curious,  we don't forget anything, please tell us more and soon. 

Please don't wait until the last week to quickly wrap up everything. It's too late by then 

• Like 10

MERMAID IN LOVE.. :heart:

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

On episode 12:

when sc inner voices said "i want to know if you really like me? Or you just want to flirting with me?" *she want to google junjae feeling through internet.

Then heo jun jae told her " do i have to said it loud so you know? " 

our lovely mermaid desperately want  a real confession from Heo jun jae Mouth. :P  While Junjae was someone who prefer action than confess. This two just too cute, *heartattack watching those sweet moment* *heart flutter* :flushed: 

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Chellsee said:

She then called him out to a street vendor and gave him a picture of herself saying, "You have to understand that I can't accept your heart. I have liked Joon-jae for 7 years and it was only possible because I kept my distance".

However, Sia got very drunk and made various pledges to Joon-jae saying, "I will marry you without an engagement and I will make a donation to UNICEF at our baby's birthday party".

she is PATHETIC!!!Has no dignity!He will never marry her!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Freespirit Yvonne said:

wow ...you very observant indeed ....wouldn't it be great if we can get gifs of all kissing scenes by Min Ho in all dramas. so we can all go on drooling non-stop. Ha!

Here a video for all LMH kissing scenes in all his dramas (BOF to Heirs) :

http://www.weibo.com/tv/v/EnpGN3aba?fid=1034:be6f7633686e4f80cbc62a3eef068784

cr Lee Min Ho ba/Baidu Tieba

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000529110&gid=999339&cid=1052484

81999043.1_99_20161222223403.jpg?type=w430_q80

Translation of comments according to Chinese translation by LOTBS official Weibo account.

hype**** : Did not expect to be like this ㅋㅋㅋ Lee Min Ho can not sleep now and is sleeping to dead.

bluelove567 : JoonCheong couple is too cute. ㅋㅋㅋ

bong**** : Lee Min Ho's face......too pretty.......simply a statue ! a statue .......

mall**** : JoonCheong couple is most lovely  ㅠㅠ LMH's acting is greatest.

hgyh**** : ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋit's toooooooooo funny.

lege**** : What she thought are all heard, it's so funny, exciting, and noisy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

shin**** : It's not necessary for Cheong's throwing sweets, but she is good at throwing. 

tkdg**** : Heo Joon Jae can't not sleep ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋso lovely ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

make**** : The plot of hearing all mermaid's thoughts is daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

bosu**** : Lee Min Ho too adorable ㅎㅎ

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

cr Lee Min Ho ba/Baidu Tieba

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000529110&gid=999339&cid=1052484

@gtLmh0622 thank you very much! *kiss*

• Like 2

@Freespirit Yvonne I noticed your display photo and just wanted to comment that I LOVE it! Hehehe :wub:

@gtLmh0622 thank you for the translation! I love reading people's positive reactions to the drama. I am also thoroughly enjoying the number of comments I come by that talk about how they've never really understood LMH's appeal but now, they completely like him. I'm just sitting here, nodding my head and thinking, I've always loved him. Lol. 

3 hours ago, bukk1 said:

Since CH already works for his step-father's company and is somewhat entitled to some inheritance because of his familial status, I think that is all he should get. He still appears to want what HJJ has although materialistically he probably has more. His longing looks at SC does not necessarily suggest lust, but it does imply envy or jealousy of not having a similar relationship of his own. After usurping HJJ's role as son in the family (intentional or not) he has no real satisfaction in being a step-son, nor does his life of comfort seem to satisfy him. I think he always dreaded the day would come when there would be recompense for his being the son in the home and not in the heart. 

He has ample opportunity to obstruct his mother's attempted murder, he has observed her switching the medicine and listened to her nonsensical explanations about their status quo; he knows she does not have any maternal instinct towards HJJ. He is not caught between a rock and a hard place because he is free to make his own decisions. He could alert his step-father about the medicine and at the least inform his mother that he knows what she is doing. His desire to protect her means he a willing accomplice in her scheme to commit murder. His warning to HJJ is pathetic because it will not absolve him of his responsibility in his mother's covert activities. 

I believe he agonizes over the situation he finds himself in but he is not being proactive towards doing the right thing ( I will protect my mother). His failure to act with conviction for righteousness sake sabotages his humanity. He is charged with helping his mother to correct her behavior so as to not having a need to protect her. If her third husband dies and dies as a blind man I don't think she will escape being accused of at the least impropriety. Her reputation is already questionable. So, CH can best serve his mother by being honest with her and disclosing his knowledge of her covert activities.

I want to be wrong about CH and he takes a turn for the better, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That is magnified in his case if MDY is his father.

I like the pace and progress of the drama. I don't need suspense, I don't need overt oversexulized behavior ( both of the women involved with LMH are married) and I don't need much darkness in a romcom, it is why I watch romcoms. When I want darkness I watch melodramas. Also, I am reminded that this is not just a romcom but also a fantasy. Watching SC grow is like watching a young child discover the world. It is so funny how she agonizes over things she does not understand and it is crazy to watch HJJ try to appease her without revealing he can hear her voice. He needs to listen to the street person's advice and assure her he loves her.

By-the-way, HJJ will be able to afford his own house once he inherits from his father or joins his father's company. Will his mother end up rescuing his father and a family reunion takes place?

Thank you for your post. I love what you wrote. 

--------------

I have been feeling like a debbie downer since my last few posts. I hope I made this clear before, but if I didnt, I am downright enjoying this drama. Rather than talking about faults I found, I should spend more time talking about the things I love about it. Forgive me, because I often raise the bars for anything with actors and actresses I love. 

Someone one on here suggest that we should point out and discuss certain elements we love in each episode, so I start off with one of my favorite things about episode 11 and continue on later.

1.) I've always had a soft spot for voiceovers, especially if I find their voice nice, and KDR and HJJ were no exceptions. The episode began strongly with a voiceover from KDR, speaking of the boy who loved a mermaid and heard her voice, how he was fated to love her again and find his way back to her no matter how many times his memories are erased and how many times he would be born again. He ended off declaring, "That boy was me." 

As HJJ walks away in handcuffs at the end of this episode, we hear him repeat KDR's voiceover, ending off with the same declaration, "That boy was me." 

Up until this point, we've always known HJJ liked SC. It was pretty obvious since the time he paid others so she would be able to make money. However, he, himself has been oblivious to his own feelings towards her. He often times caught himself in the middle of doing crazy things, and wonder why he even bothers. But he does it again and again and each time, he puts in a little more effort to make her day better. His acquired ability to hear her voice may have come as a surprise to him but he did not think much about how. We hear HJJ's voiceover as he walks away with the detectives. And in that moment, it finally clicked. The reason why the boy heard the mermaid's voice is because the boy loved her. Since he aquired the skills to hear her voice, that can only mean one thing, he is the boy and he loves her. When he declares that he is the boy, it is the first time he realizes and fully accepts that he is in love with her. 

I also love that having these two exact voiceovers said by KDR and HJJ showed a strong connection between them. It is the moment they both realize their love for the mermaid. It also confirms that the story is true, because KDR found SH once again as HJJ and loved and heard her voice her again. They are of one soul. 

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@Freespirit Yvonne I noticed your display photo and just wanted to comment that I LOVE it! Hehehe :wub:

Thank you @mythicalove. Min Ho has many nice shots. just something I put together quickly, else spoilt for choice. he's my oppa for now. personally, i prefer Min Ho with geled fringe ie the William persona he put on previously - but with that look, he looks a tad like Vivan Dawson aka Jolin Tsai'z ex cos like the 4 gals who swindled at the sauna, i like bad boy type of guys ... lol. I love your profile photo of his too - he looks so good in uniform too aka Josean period uniform. hehe.

i'm now watching Ep 12 with Eng subtitles. I didn't realise Eng version is made available b4 cable. I used to wait to watch Eng version one on onetv. duh! now if i'm home, I'd watch RAW live on Aqstream so Thu nights have been a treat for me - after watching epi on oneTV, i will proceed to watch the next episode RAW on Aqstream. though i don't understand Korean, i still enjoy every bit of it! lol

• Like 9

4 hours ago, minekas said:

cute Tae Oh:)

cr owner

15622591_375839282750024_878880634571745

@minekas, I couldn't agree more. I laughed so hard at Tae Oh expression as he had to listen to a drunken Shi Ah on the phone with JJ. He made that scene funny to me. It's the same with our little mermaid.  I love her little expressionless face and all those thoughts are just running through her head--the complete  opposite of her face, hilarious.

@bukk1, it's good to see you here. I agree 100% with your post regarding JJ's stepbrother.  I'm read for JJ to find his mother.  I can't wait for Shi Ah to find that out--she will probably be the first to discover the relationship after seeing the picture that both JJ and his mother have of the family.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

i noticed Min Ho's locking of lips with YJ in 'Personal Taste' quite aggressive ...am surprised YJ allowed it as she quite established actress. lol

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

@minekas, I couldn't agree more. I laughed so hard at Tae Oh expression as he had to listen to a drunken Shi Ah on the phone with JJ. He made that scene funny to me. It's the same with our little mermaid.  I love her little expressionless face and all those thoughts are just running through her head--the complete  opposite of her face, hilarious.

Hi @lclarakl I found these cute gifs of Tae Oh,for all his fans:wub:

Do you have plans this weekend?

tumblr_inline_oi9utfNo6N1qelu2x_500.gif

It's not staying at home and watching dramas, is it?

tumblr_inline_oi9uuh6FqH1qelu2x_500.gif

Are you lying to me?

tumblr_inline_oi9uvcP9cL1qelu2x_500.gif

cr as tagged

• Like 15

Omg so many thoughts in my head. I'm finally off from work and I can't believe I'm 10+ pages behind this thread. This moves so fast on a wed and thurs haha. Of course, I read all pages and posts and have watched the latest episode with English subs. Anything for LOTBS hahaha

Let me start with the kiss. OMG OMG OMG THE KISS. I think we finally got our early christmas gift, chingus: the "hot steamy lip moving kiss" we were all craving for hahaha. HJJ wanted her to go to sleep with assurance that he really does love her, but I doubt that's far from happening now, HJJ. SC's mind is prolly gonna go HAYWIRE and go 100x faster now haha. I just had to laugh at the part when she thought, "Could this be romantic love?". Wahahaha her garbage model friend's stages of love therefore comically ring true hahaha

On a more serious note, I do understand some of the points said by some members here. To be very honest, I, too, am longing for more KDR and SW scenes because I feel that their love story is one of the greatest aspects of the drama. Another one of the best aspects is also KDR and HJJ's internal connection to one another. I hope the writer would still be able to marvelously intertwine to two love stories together

One point that I have noticed with the two love stories side by side is that they are changing. In the begining, we have seen that the two love stories seem to be strikingly similar, like it really seemed that what was happening in the past was also happening exactly in the future, the chain of events. But as the two love stories continued to unravel, we saw that they slowly took their own opposite paths. The separating point is in the last scene in episode 8 wherein SC told HJJ that she had to leave because she was full of secrets and because she didn't want to hurt him in the process. HJJ told her not to leave because he already had plans on intending to like/love her. In contrast, SW told KDR that she had to leave so that both of them could live safely and peacefully and KDR responded allowing her to leave, but requested that she should not erase his memories for those sweet memories are the ones he will take with him to the grave. A love story is about to begin while another love story is about to end. The symbolisms of those two opposite decisions are so intense that we are therefore brought down opposite paths. As a result, we see KDR separated from SW, enduring the painful love, while HJJ with SC, basking in the bliss of what it's like to loved and be loved by someone unconditionally

The portrayal of in the begining is nice wherein the two stories are resounding side by side, but it will also be nice if the writer also showed us how different the two love stories are unravelling. The writer has showed us how they are the same, therefore she should also show us how they are becoming different and distinct from one another. I think the true beauty of the plot lies there. Overall, I have faith in our writer-nim that she will not disappoint us and has something in store. Romcoms with a spice of turmoil, agony, and mystery are always the best

Can't wait for the next episode! :)

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Freespirit Yvonne said:

are there more than one Eng subtitled version for show? I noticed the English subtitle on onetv asia one now is slightly different from the one i saw on internet. which one is authentic version - guess the one on cable? best to know Korean so we can have it in the purest form :)

regarding the conversation the stepmum was having with the stepbro, stepmum was assuring son only both of them were trustworthy but stepbro's response differ dependent on Eng subtitle version ie :

1) Dramalove.tv website version : stepbro : 'it seems to be true'

2) OneTV Asia version : stepbro : 'i totally agree'

I think it's worth digging deeper which is the correct translation as each version can shed different light reference which direction the stepbro might hence go forth as version 2) seems to indicate he might veer more towards his mum's side whilst version 1) seems to tell us he was still torn as to what to do - to be Jekyll or Mr Hyde though regardless, I think he will be a good bro. But having said that, i've a nagging thought though as he asked JJ to protect his own dad as stepbro not able to do so as he had to protect his own mum which means he might not stop his mum from continuing with the poison. Help!

• Like 1