[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

9 minutes ago, Anthy Avila said:

SO WHAT ABOUT THAT KISS IN THE PREVIEW?? ;) Obviously, Hyowon was the one who pulls him in, but could it be more welcome than we thought on Taeyang's part anyway? I'm happy about the kiss even though the feelings aren't clear yet, but I'm hoping this isn't the turning point. A drama character's feelings being awakened by a kiss isn't anything new--maybe his heart will go thump-thump from that kiss. I can see the rationale behind it: Taeyang has been overthinking his whole thing despite Hyowon trying to reason with him, so maybe it's time to go "Don't think--feel!" and just appeal to his instincts! But... well, I hope for something more. Taeyang has been so stubborn and winning him over with a simple kiss seems a bit anticlimactic, LOL.

Obviously, they have chemistry that doesn't need words, but I'm still hoping that the turning point will be done with more thought.

With Taeyang's resignation, my expectations have been reset. I didn't anticipate him resigning before their loveline develops a bit more, because with him leaving, I'm wondering how Hyowon will win him over. Maybe @TheMschelsea91 . is right and she ends up visiting him a lot at the tailor shop.

kekeke... her tears made it look like she was going in for a desperation "don't leave me" kiss. so am seeing taeyang's resignation as a good thing -- with her not being his team leader, it makes her chasing him less creepy. she is really cute like a dancing puppy but part of me wants to pull out the employee handbook and tell her to tone it down!  yoyo23

so with them not working together, it is more easy for me to enjoy her goofy chasing. :D

while I couldn't understand what she said when she met him in the office, didn't he look a little glad/relieved to see her? it is like he is torn between exasperated/confused and being amused/enjoying her company.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AlexMao

Someone really needs to explain to me the noble idiocy that is Tae Yang. He's sacrificing his livelihood, his future for Ji Yoon. I nothing nice to say about this woman and her stubbornness to crawl out of her so-called poor life/background when she could just as easily make a name for herself as a newscaster. She's basically going to quit that job and become what a stay-at-home heiress ... seriously the writers are really starting to tick me off with some of their asinine storytelling.

I mean I know I'm ranting and all but this kind of puts the kibosh on what was Tae Yang & Hyo Won as frustrating as that was getting at times. You guys/gals are already speculating on how they'll manage to stay in contact with each other now that he resigned from Meesa ... I know this is how he goes to work for the tailor shop and all but it would have been nice if they could have kept them at Meesa and well you know tossed Hyo Sang & Ji Yoon under a bus or something with less finality (or not whatever floats your boat).

I'll just keep it simple with Sam Do & Sun Nyeo with a single "ugh"

The scene between Dong Jin, Yoon Shil & Hyo Joo I don't know why but I found it funnier than I think it was supposed to be. 

As for the preview it felt a bit ominous regarding Dong Jin & Yoon Shi, they're slowly beginning to realize there may be feelings developing which sadly means we may be in for a cooling off/separation. I have a feeling that since we haven't seen Ki Pyo's mother in a few episodes we may see Yoon Shil run off to her if/when that separation happens.  

I think Taeyang's resignation is partially because of his concern for Jiyoon and also for himself. It's obvious that he still cares for Jiyoon and it's true that if he stayed at Meesa, she wouldn't be able to progress any further with Hyosang, but staying at Meesa while knowing that Hyosang only hired him because of his twisted "game" would probably be too much for his own pride. Although Hyowon really overdoes it, it was actually great that she told him that he's attractive as a person and is worthy of being loved.

Dongjin is funny when he tries to avoid Yunshil. Did it count as a semi-confession when he said to Yunshil that he thinks about her a lot? She must have somewhat an idea by now of how he feels, but she needs to discover her own feelings in order to motivate her to break from Gipyo and his mother. On a random note, I really liked the suit that Dongjin was wearing for the 1st half of the episode, from the simplicity of the fabric pattern to the crispness of the detailing (and they kept having closeups of it). Too difficult to focus between the subs, his face, and the suit detailing too!

Somehow, all four men will be modelling suits in the next episode?!

256535_161458_617.jpg

From http://www.kns.tv/news/articleView.html?idxno=256535

So on episode 21 we saw how DongJin tries to understand his feelings towards YeonShil, just like I did last week :lol: He said he felt bad for her, but really it's because he's falling for her, and thus seeing her being bullied frustrates him. And it seems like YS is beginning to take notice of DJ's behaviour around her. About time :D However, I'm sure she would reject DJ's feelings, if not now, when GiPyo gets out. She'd feel it's the right thing to do. Which is 'Ughhh', but in character for her I suppose. On a side note, DJ said what I wanted to say to YS this episode, so good for him! LOL

TaeYang and HyoWon are also being explored more this episode, to my liking :P And I particularly liked how even though HY seems childish (she is, with how she takes the other employees lightly), she made a point about how TY should value himself more during their date-not-date, and that struck TY's heart based on his reaction. I also liked how they showed that HW really is her mother's daughter. Both like to hide in the comfort of their bed, and act as if they're having some serious illness even though they're not. That said, their interactions are all so so cute and entertaining ^_^ HW's growth will be interesting too, since I don't think the writers are going to let her be this childish all the way to episode 50. Maybe not a 180 kind of change, but at least more maturity.

I still feel sorry for SunNyeo regarding her desire to have a child, but I hope they don't make her fight with SamDo over this much longer. I forgot how long they've been fighting, but it seems like that's all they do these days. I found her fight with Mr. Park less entertaining than when we first saw her with SungJoon. Speaking of, DongSook is really going on the dates with Mr. Park to make SJ jealous, isn't she? Wonder if it's actually working though, since SJ seems like he doesn't mind DS dating the rich Mr. Park, buyer of buildings and buyer of cheap food, if only because he don't see a good future for himself and his career.

HS is being all kinds of annoying this episode, trying to sabotage Wolgyesu at the competition. I still don't get his motivation with JiYeon too. Does he like her still, or what?

13 hours ago, Anthy Avila said:

SO WHAT ABOUT THAT KISS IN THE PREVIEW?? ;) Obviously, Hyowon was the one who pulls him in, but could it be more welcome than we thought on Taeyang's part anyway? I'm happy about the kiss even though the feelings aren't clear yet, but I'm hoping this isn't the turning point. A drama character's feelings being awakened by a kiss isn't anything new--maybe his heart will go thump-thump from that kiss. I can see the rationale behind it: Taeyang has been overthinking his whole thing despite Hyowon trying to reason with him, so maybe it's time to go "Don't think--feel!" and just appeal to his instincts! But... well, I hope for something more. Taeyang has been so stubborn and winning him over with a simple kiss seems a bit anticlimactic, LOL.

Obviously, they have chemistry that doesn't need words, but I'm still hoping that the turning point will be done with more thought.

With Taeyang's resignation, my expectations have been reset. I didn't anticipate him resigning before their loveline develops a bit more, because with him leaving, I'm wondering how Hyowon will win him over. Maybe @TheMschelsea91 . is right and she ends up visiting him a lot at the tailor shop.

@Anthy Avila : the highlighted part, YES PLEASE!!!!:P

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@TheMschelsea91 . ~ if you are talking about screen captures and uploading directly from your comp, think that might not be possible. from what I remember somewhere, think you have to upload it somewhere like photo bucket or something, and then do a copy and paste and then, it should work. am not too sure but hopefully someone who does this regularly might know!

@Lmangla TQ dear for your help. I did read that you can't directly upload from your comp. And i do have a Photobucket account but I was having problems trying to upload from there. No matter, after crazy clicking here and there, I finally figured it out. :)

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... her tears made it look like she was going in for a desperation "don't leave me" kiss. so am seeing taeyang's resignation as a good thing -- with her not being his team leader, it makes her chasing him less creepy. she is really cute like a dancing puppy but part of me wants to pull out the employee handbook and tell her to tone it down!  yoyo23

so with them not working together, it is more easy for me to enjoy her goofy chasing. :D

while I couldn't understand what she said when she met him in the office, didn't he look a little glad/relieved to see her? it is like he is torn between exasperated/confused and being amused/enjoying her company.

Agree with you on the toning it down at work thing. She clearly didn't care a bit about mixing business with pleasure, other than telling him to call her name outside of the office *SMH*.. I still wish the writers would redeem her character a bit by making her a damn good worker. So people don't question why she's the team leader and all that. TY seems to be a very able worker so I want HW to be like that too. Maybe they could join their heads and solve a work crisis so he can finally see her in a new light, although the likelihood of that is going down the drain now that he's resigned. 

7 hours ago, AlexMao said:

Someone really needs to explain to me the noble idiocy that is Tae Yang. He's sacrificing his livelihood, his future for Ji Yoon. I nothing nice to say about this woman and her stubbornness to crawl out of her so-called poor life/background when she could just as easily make a name for herself as a newscaster. She's basically going to quit that job and become what a stay-at-home heiress ... seriously the writers are really starting to tick me off with some of their asinine storytelling.

I mean I know I'm ranting and all but this kind of puts the kibosh on what was Tae Yang & Hyo Won as frustrating as that was getting at times. You guys/gals are already speculating on how they'll manage to stay in contact with each other now that he resigned from Meesa ... I know this is how he goes to work for the tailor shop and all but it would have been nice if they could have kept them at Meesa and well you know tossed Hyo Sang & Ji Yoon under a bus or something with less finality (or not whatever floats your boat).

YES, YES, AND YES!! To your point here. Although, after watching the ep with subs, I think TY resigned not because of JY but more due to his ego. He clearly hated the fact that he was hired not because of his talents, but because HS wanted to learn more about him. TY took his job seriously and wanted to really succeed in his career, so it must have been a smack in the face to him to learn the reason behind his employment. I would honestly feel insulted too if i were in his position. :(

As for JY, that woman is a gold-digger through and through. I agree with you. She seems like a great newscaster so clearly, if she just focuses on her job, she'll get better pay and will be able to leave her miserable upbringing behind. But no, she wants more than just that. She wants power and status, that's why she's clinging onto HS. It was funny for me to see act all like "NO, I'm not going to cling onto you" to HS, but went on and told TY that she was going to marry him at all costs, and dared to pass the blame to TY. Girl, this was your fault! You were the one who went on the feigned innocence thing. if you had been just plain honest to HS that you just got out of a relationship, this wouldn't have happened. The nerve of that girl blaming TY. And TY just took it all like an idiot and still showed concern for her? Gosh. He should have just told her that she got caught in her own web of lies. I hope HS-JY get married quickly and be miserable forever, the kind of marriage DJ had with Hyojoo.

1 hour ago, wizuwizu said:

TaeYang and HyoWon are also being explored more this episode, to my liking :P And I particularly liked how even though HY seems childish (she is, with how she takes the other employees lightly), she made a point about how TY should value himself more during their date-not-date, and that struck TY's heart based on his reaction. I also liked how they showed that HW really is her mother's daughter. Both like to hide in the comfort of their bed, and act as if they're having some serious illness even though they're not. That said, their interactions are all so so cute and entertaining ^_^ HW's growth will be interesting too, since I don't think the writers are going to let her be this childish all the way to episode 50. Maybe not a 180 kind of change, but at least more maturity.

I still feel sorry for SunNyeo regarding her desire to have a child, but I hope they don't make her fight with SamDo over this much longer. I forgot how long they've been fighting, but it seems like that's all they do these days. I found her fight with Mr. Park less entertaining than when we first saw her with SungJoon. 

HS is being all kinds of annoying this episode, trying to sabotage Wolgyesu at the competition. I still don't get his motivation with JiYeon too. Does he like her still, or what?

@wizuwizu: I think the focus on the next few eps will shift more on the TY-HW relationship, which is a HUGE plus, kind of like how earlier it was all about DS-Joonie oppa. I was very intrigued too with her comments about TY. and I agree, TY's reaction was gold. I think that in the future, TY will reminisce this comment again when he will slowly but surely fall for her. The BGM as she said those words totally backed this up haha :D 

As for SD-SN, yes, it's kind of sad, but in reality, I'm sure a lot of couples have conflicts in regards to having a baby. I don't know where the writers are going with this though but I hope they get a happy ending. 

As for HS, I think that he thinks he love her but that really isn't love. He just wants/needs to have her from my POV. Because nothing with what he's doing is love. 

Anyway, I know some of you may be aware with my issues on posting pictures. But I said I got it figured out. So here's my first ever picture that I'm sharing :) 

tgowts_zpscnc7ikfl.jpg

Hi again, hope you're enjoying the pic from above :lol:

i wanted to post my post-ep rant but my replies to the quotes got too long so I decided to go with a new comment altogether. 

On SD-SN: My heart is breaking for them. One the one hand I get where SN is coming from. She really really really wants to be a mother. On the other, I get where SD is coming from too.. He must be hurting/upset enough to consider a vasectomy. I think this issue will play out for the next few eps. I'm glad SJ became their voice of reason (would you imagine that?) and told SD to bear with her for a bit. He was right. Eventually she'll reach the age for a menopause and the topic will be shut down altogether. SD could also vent out his frustrations to SJ, which I don't think he could've done with the others, including DJ. Somehow, SJ living together with them made him the best person to talk to because he was the only person who knew everything about their struggle to conceive. I still don't understand why SD-SN are not considering other options, like IVF or surrogacy. Or just adopt if all else fails. It makes me wonder what kind of a doctor they're seeing because if the doctor's been with them long enough, shouldn't she have suggested fertility treatment or something? <_<Instead of just trying to conceive when SN's ovulating or something? (Sorry, quite a mature topic, but I'm sure we're all grown ups here) . This is a 50-ep drama so maybe the writers are saving this idea later on. 

On DJ-YS: They are so cute as always. My fave part would be when DJ had this outburst to YS. For the moment their story isn't really the main feature, as the writers are mostly focused on giving scenes that just develop their relationship further. I did like that he confessed that he thought about her a lot and that he called her first because he thought that she didn't worry on whether he got home safely after he walked her and was upset like a child. DJ you were so adorable :tounge_xd:

Now to my main couple TY-HW. So many things to say, really. Especially since the writers are giving more scenes of them recently. First off, I liked the fact that the immature girl HW could give a very deep observation on TY - that he didn't seem to know how great of a guy he is and that if he didn't love himself, how could he love someone else. For me, these two things were among the reasons why his relationship with JY was doomed. He loved JY too much that he didn't spare one moment to look at himself, as long as she was happy. This got him to be dumped because he made himself pathetic. I'm certain that HW's words will be burning at the back of TY's mind whenever he thinks of her in the future or in his quest to develop his career, be it at Meesa/somewhere else. I admit, I didn't expect to see HW chasing after TY again after suffering from a heartbreak. But what I liked about yesterdays' episode was that this time, TY gave HW a chance to really explain her feelings, instead of cutting her out with barbed remarks. I  think that when TY allowed HW to explain, he definitely saw a different side of her. He might not love/like her yet, but he certainly didn't hate/dislike her so much anymore. So HW did fall for TY at first sight. And she sounded so sincere in her feelings that I felt less creeped out by her constant chasing of TY. I hope that when things really develop for the two, TY will think back on what HW said to him about the good qualities in him. I was just cheering when HW said that she would remove herself from the family registry haha. Come on girl, do it! :thumbsup:

As for the preview, again, did not expect the KISS to happen. I'm kind of concerned that this would work out negatively against HW. While I think it's cute that she is going to "mark" him as hers, HW still doesn't know the real reason behind why TY doesn't want to be with her. I don't think she'll go all gaga over him when she learns the truth. She thought that his issues with her was just because of their difference in status but no, the truth wasn't so simple. I really want HW to learn the truth about TY-JY as well as JY and her brother soon because until then, TY-HW can never really develop as a couple. I need to see how HW handles this issue first. I imagine that she would flip out at her brother and JY, and then maybe feel like she cannot be with TY anymore and gets really heartbroken. Gosh, so many things are going through my mind right now, so I'll stop my post here. 

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekekek.... but seeing the kiss pic that @TheMschelsea91 . posted only makes me wonder -- how did she manage to be on the same height level as him? she is quite a lot of inches shorter and tinier than him even with a pair of stilettos..... :sweatingbullets:

I'm guessing they will not be standing on the same ground level, she tiptoes, and pulls his face towards her. Haha. Or maybe, she's wearing extra high heels:tounge_xd:

EDIT:

What's up with the fashion show? They all look dashing, especially and I can't believe I'm saying this: SJ! He looks like a successful rocker ahjussi than a homeless musician. Maybe he needs to market himself looking like this first before even dreaming of launching a successful musical comeback..

@TheMschelsea91 .it had to be that scene of all the scenes in the sneak peek :D

Regarding TaeYang's resignation, I think HyoSang was a factor, but not the only one. Of course he got called out to help the PR team when he was about to take it out at first, but then upon seeing HyoWon acting all childish and pushy again, he decided that it was really the best for him to resign. I mean, this is my take on the scene anyway.

I agree with @TheMschelsea91 .on JiYeon. She comes across as someone who wants the easy way out, relatively, and not develop herself to get where she wants to be. She still has feelings for TY, that's for sure, but she doesn't deserve any of his affection at this point. No, scratch that. Since she first acting all embarrassed to be seen with him. What a witch.

2 hours ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

I still don't understand why SD-SN are not considering other options, like IVF or surrogacy. Or just adopt if all else fails. It makes me wonder what kind of a doctor they're seeing because if the doctor's been with them long enough, shouldn't she have suggested fertility treatment or something? <_<Instead of just trying to conceive when SN's ovulating or something? (Sorry, quite a mature topic, but I'm sure we're all grown ups here) . This is a 50-ep drama so maybe the writers are saving this idea later on. 

@TheMschelsea91 . ~ am not sure where exactly you are based but I am sitting in Asia and when it comes to adoption, IVF, people here in my place have very different attitudes. am sure that this drama will explore some of those themes since we have 50 episodes....

basically because of some of the abuses that have happened with international adoption and surrogacy, IVF regulation itself is changing and becoming complicated. anyways, that is a different topic altogether. but even before the IVF regulations tightening, it wasn't something that most couples immediately resorted to. think there is a kind of stigma or a sense of failure that they couldn't do it on their own. it is only when all fails that many couples turn to IVF. also with early marriages, there is a sense of "time is there" feeling. so unless they are getting older and the window to have children is narrowing, there is less incentive to seek out expensive IVF treatments.

as for adoption, Asians worry about the nature of bloodline for very different reasons. am not sure if these sort of discussions would pop up in the west. recently, this debate show on local tv covered adoption and parents and children both talked about their experience with  adoption. some were adopted or raised by a relative while others were adopted from an orphanage.

one fear that some parents had was that the adopted child would leave them if they found out they were adopted. or that the lack of blood would mean that these children would not be filial. one daughter was in tears that her adopted mom (they adopted her when she was two after her parents died; they were related in some way on the husband's side) keeps trying to put a distance and talk about how this girl would leave once she finishes college. so the host was like "your raised this child; why assume that she wouldn't maintain a relationship or look after you even she gets married?" and the mother was like "I don't want to be emotionally dependent and shatter if she leaves. she is not obligated to stick on because she isn't my blood. she is my husband's." and the daughter was like "these are the only parents and family I know. I will be filial even after marriage."

another lady shared her story of how she went to a wedding and her relatives were like "this is the girl that you adopted right?" and she was petrified and in tears that her daughter (who was in 5th or 6th grade then) might have heard. it turned out that her daughter already had an inkling because she had heard some stray comments from some others in school but had not wanted to ask her parents. she was abandoned at the hospital as a baby and this family had adopted her. so the lady said she was shaking when she talked to her daughter about the adoption and was petrified that this child would put a distance and love her less. it was only when the daughter reassured her that she loves them was she a bit relieved. ironically, this girl started to resemble her adopted father so much that the relatives then started chattering if there was a second wife somewhere! hahahah.... :D

the other bloodline issue that can crop up is marriage. with so many cultural differences in traditions among communities, who will this child marry is a question for some. this lady above also shared about her fears on whether a prospective groom's family will accept them as her parents or see the girl as not muslim because she is adopted.

another lady shared about how frustrating it was to go back to her hometown and be referred to as the "adopted daughter". she was like "I am 36 and I was adopted as a baby. after my mom has passed away, my father lives with me permanently along with my husband and daughter and I am still the outsider after all these years?" her story was rather cute. apparently when they went to the orphanage to choose, there were other babies who were more cuter and better looking but she had grabbed her father's hand and he decided immediately that she was his kid. :wub:

anyways, back to our drama, am guessing that the lack of IVF talk might mean adoption perhaps?

@Lmanglaas a fellow Asian I totally understand all your points, especially the adoption part. I have some relatives who were adopted, and it was not that uncommon say, six or seven decades ago, due to war and all. But there are plenty of issues, some serious, some not so much. Stuff like inheritance, race/ethnicity, and/or how the adopted children are viewed/treated by those related by blood.

That said, I do hope the writers go with adoption for SamDo and SunNyeo, just because I thought it'd go well with SD's background, as well as SD-SN story line as a whole.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@TheMschelsea91 . ~ am not sure where exactly you are based but I am sitting in Asia and when it comes to adoption, IVF, people here in my place have very different attitudes. am sure that this drama will explore some of those themes since we have 50 episodes but I wanted to give some possible context based on what happens in my place though korean attitudes and dynamics may be different from my place.

basically because of some of the abuses that have happened with international adoption and surrogacy, IVF regulation itself is changing and becoming complicated. anyways, that is a different topic altogether. but even before the IVF regulations tightening, it wasn't something that most couples immediately resorted to. think there is a kind of stigma or a sense of failure that they couldn't do it on their own. it is only when all fails that many couples turn to IVF. also with early marriages, there is a sense of "time is there" feeling. so unless they are getting older and the window to have children is narrowing, there is less incentive to seek out expensive IVF treatments.

as for adoption, Asians worry about the nature of bloodline for very different reasons. am not sure if these sort of discussions would pop up in the west. recently, this debate show on local tv covered adoption and parents and children both talked about their experience with  adoption. some were adopted or raised by a relative while others were adopted from an orphanage.

one fear that some parents had was that the adopted child would leave them if they found out they were adopted. or that the lack of blood would mean that these children would not be filial. one daughter was in tears that her adopted mom (they adopted her when she was two after her parents died; they were related in some way on the husband's side) keeps trying to put a distance and talk about how this girl would leave once she finishes college. so the host was like "your raised this child; why assume that she wouldn't maintain a relationship or look after you even she gets married?" and the mother was like "I don't want to be emotionally dependent and shatter if she leaves. she is not obligated to stick on because she isn't my blood. she is my husband's." and the daughter was like "these are the only parents and family I know. I will be filial even after marriage."

another lady shared her story of how she went to a wedding and her relatives were like "this is the girl that you adopted right?" and she was petrified and in tears that her daughter (who was in 5th or 6th grade then) might have heard. it turned out that her daughter already had an inkling because she had heard some stray comments from some others in school but had not wanted to ask her parents. she was abandoned at the hospital as a baby and this family had adopted her. so the lady said she was shaking when she talked to her daughter about the adoption and was petrified that this child would put a distance and love her less. it was only when the daughter reassured her that she loves them was she a bit relieved. ironically, this girl started to resemble her adopted father so much that the relatives then started chattering if there was a second wife somewhere! hahahah.... :D

the other bloodline issue that can crop up is marriage. with so many cultural differences in traditions among communities, who will this child marry is a question for some. this lady above also shared about her fears on whether a prospective groom's family will accept the parents or see the girl as not muslim because she is adopted.

another lady shared about how frustrating it was to go back to her hometown and be referred to as the "adopted daughter". she was like "I am 36 and I was adopted as a baby. after my mom has passed away, my father lives with me permanently along with my husband and daughter and I am still the outsider?" her story was rather cute. apparently when they went to the orphanage to choose, there were other babies who were more cuter and better looking but she had grabbed her father's hand and he decided immediately that she was his kid. :wub:

anyways, back to our drama, am guessing that the lack of IVF talk might mean adoption perhaps?

I am actually an Asian but I've come to the conclusion that generalising things as Asian is just not right because Asia itself is a very big continent and there's still cultural differences even among Asians. There's a lot of stigmas when it comes to problems with conceiving because couples don't usually be very open about it and the elders in the family usually push them to have babies, regardless of the method. I don't see how IVF is a big deal, expensive, yes, but any baby conceived through IVF would still be the couple's biological baby. The insemination part would just be outside of the body and later injected into the woman's body to increase the chances of pregnancy. I can still see how surrogacy could be an issue as it is forbidden in some religions. And I didn't even mention using sperm/egg donors, possibly the biggest taboo in Asian cultures. 

While I see your point on adoption, I personally know some people who resorted to adoption. Actually, this is the most common method of having kids for couples who couldn't conceive, since most don't disclose if they went through IVF anyway. and the response have been very positive for the couples. The first couple adopted a child on top of having their own kids and when I met them and their kids, I actually thought they were blood siblings because they looked so alike. The mom told me that she and her husband have resolved that they would not treat the adopted kid any differently, and I really respected them for that. another couple i knew had no child after over ten years of marriage and adopted a baby. Unfortunately, the baby had serious heart problems but the dedication I saw the couple gave that baby was just as incredible as any biological parents. so in my culture, people actually applaud you for adopting, because it's a noble thing. In fact, a famous local celeb adopted a son and was so adamant about caring for the child she even took hormone pills so that she can naturally breast-feed the baby. She later got married when her son was around 10 years old and there's nothing but praises for her. 

Back to the story, I'm not sure how the culture in Korea is but SD-SN aren't young anymore. Sure, they can try to conceive but at their age, to consider other options would be more than ideal. After all,pregnancy in your 40s is very risky for the mother isn't it? Besides, they wouldn't want to have a baby later on in life. the age gap between the parents and the child would be a tad too much wouldn't it, although having a child in your 40s seem common enough among male korean celebs. 

Back to live-capping ep 22: 

Back to when SD said someone swapped his suit. SJ asked him to look properly but SD showed why the suit wasn't his. Competition is under way.They went to the security office? to report the incident. They don't want to help.I dont think they believe him. SD mentioned the CCTV. They don't have the tape of the place or something. SJ suggested the police.

- TY came to the competition hall in plain clothes. YS called him. she told him what happened, and how there's no CCTV footage. TY mentioned the camcorder he left which YS forgot to switch off.. DJ knew the person who switched the suit.

-HS is walking with the dude who switched the suit. His phone beeped and it was a clip of the dude switching the suit. They were perplexed. Then in front of them appared DJ,SJ,SD, and Ty. HS feigned innocence by saying he had no idea what happened. But he nudged the dude to run. TY, SD, and SJ chased after the dude while DJ said something to HS. something about him being childish. he even had a USB drive when HS continued playing clueless. The three guys caught the dude with his briefcase which contained the original suit. HS said something to DJ and Dj eventually gave the USB drive to HS.

Both Dongsook and Sunnyeo are complaining about something. Then SN asked her to go with her to some place to cheer them up I guess. It was a very fine restaurant DS was shocked at how expensive the food was. SN didn't care and even ordered wine for them. I think SN offered to pay for the food. SN even bought an expensive handbag. DS asked her why they fought and SN told her about the vasectomy. DS was shocked that he didn't discuss it with SN first. and she also complained about Joonie oppa. 

- Sd resumed the competition but they lost precious time. DJ told them to have faith in SD with less than an hour to go. Suddenly Mr LEe came. TY and SJ greeted him. SJ introduced himself as it was their first time meeting. Mr Lee called SD and he was in tears as he couldn't believe his eyes. I think Mr Lee was trying to support him. He praised Sd's work with the suit jacket and i think even gave some pointers. DJ talked to his dad but I couldn't understand what they were saying. The competition ended and SD managed to finish just in time. 

- HW was reading TY's resignation letter in bed and was upset. She called TY and asked him to meet but he refused. She told him that no matter how much he hated her he shouldn't have resigned. He told her he didn't resign because of her. She asked for the reason but he refused to tell her and hang up. 

- HW dressed up and got down the stairs to go out. Her mom saw her and stopped her. She said she was going to meet a friend and her mom asked who''s the friend. She accused HW of trying to meet Taeyang. they fought and HW got pulled by the ear back inside.

- YS ran into JY at the entrance of Meesa. She asked if they could talk for a bit but JY said she had nothing to say to her. YS tried to talk about TY but JY told her to stay out of it. YS said JY wasn't the person she knew. Oh, JY was there for a fashion show. 

- Turned out JY was announcing the winner of the tailor competition. As expected, Wolgyesu won and they all celebrated. She mentioned about a fashion show. They later took pictures and Dj was snapping pics of YS next to the mannequin with the certificate. 

- DJ's mom got a call and she was informed that they won. She was elated and said she'd cook something special for them.She wondered where DongSook disappeared to

- DS was being dragged by SN to a club. She hesitated but SN was adamant about it. Ds received a call from her mom and asked SN to go back home but SN didn't want to. I think she said something about how she's not a wife or something. She took off her jacket and began dancing. DS didn't want to follow her. The song Tears by Seo Chan Hwee (dunno the spelling) was on. She was drunk dancing and disturbing the other patrons there lol.

- A fashion show was taking place by the mastor tailors of Korea. JY was emceeing and her English was weird okay lol.. DJ didn't like that they had to model for wolgyesu when they were all amateurs but they had to anyway. It was bromance time again haha.

- Meanwhile, SN was pole dancing at the club. People were complaining lol (this reminded me of Sister's Slam Dunk haha) DS asked SN to go home again but she still refused. 

- Cue fashion show. SD came out first in shades. He looked good. Then came TY. cue JY-HS shocked faces. JY's face was shown twice. (could she be falling for him again ugh). Then rocker Sj, then finally DJ. Hyojoo complained about something . DJ gave a thumbs up to YS hehe..

- DS and SN were in cab going back. they passed by a giant outdoor screen streaming the fashion show and saw the guys. THey asked the cab to pull over and saw the guys walking the runway. They talked. Both had goo-good eyes over SD and SJ haha

In Malaysia during the Japanese occupation many Indians adopted Chinese children because their parents feared for them. The children were brought up completely in Indian culture going to temple wearing sarees but because from the skin colour and features it was obvious from day one it was easily accepted and not remarked upon. I always felt it was something that we as Malaysians should be proud of as having helped other races during a bad time in our country. Most of these children grew up to speak Tamil fluently and practised all the Indian traditons and were more Indian than I was.

- THe fashion show was a success. everyone was clapping. JY too, and she was even smiling at Taeyang but surprised herself a bit. HS looked displeased. HJ gave YS a weird look. 

- HS and HJ got home together. Eunsook asked them something and HS mentioned the fashion show. HS told his mom about DJ being a model, i think to tease HJ. HJ went into her room and as she was taking off her earrings she kept thinking of how happy DJ-YS were.

- The rest of them walked back home with Mr Lee. He finally met his wife. They had a tearful reunion.It was sweet and they even hugged aww...

- Sd gave a deep bow to Mr Lee. SJ decided to do so too but Mrs Lee came in at the time and she wasn't pleased. She came to announce that dinner was ready. Sj was clearly trying to butter up to Mr Lee but Mrs Lee told him to keep quiet and eat. Mr Park came to greet Mr Lee. Only Mrs Lee seemed pleased to see him and he even pushed SJ aside so he could sit near Mr Lee. Mrs Lee asked YS to get rice for Mr Park. YS and DJ were in kitchen together. One scooping rice and the other ladling soup into a bowl. In came Sj and he said they looked like a couple. They were defensive again.

- DS and SN came home to find Mr Lee. DS hugged her dad and asked what Mr Park was doing there. 

- SD-SN went back to their home upstairs. SN showed all the things she splurged on and SD was shocked. 

@TheMschelsea91 . ~ I kept editing my post several times to make sure it wasn't generalizing but guess, it didn't work as well... but, I have lived in many countries in Asia and while there are many differences, there are also lots of similarities which made me feel at home though it was a different language and culture. just my personal experience.

back to our adoption topic, I just wanted to share those stories to give a glimpse of how people in other places view adoption. it isn't a stigma really but more like a quandary when it comes to inheritance and traditions at marriage and funerals like @wizuwizu said. there is this famous actor here and his father's second wife couldn't have children and so they adopted this girl. there is a huge age difference -- he's in his 40s and she is in her 20s. so she was a page 6 regular and they would keep referring her as "actor's adopted sister" and he once went on a rant that the media stop referring to her as adopted. if they wanted to be specific, they could refer to her as his half-sister or preferably sister. he and his brothers actually got along very well with his stepmom and was super fond of this sister. anyways, because of his rant, they actually started referring her mostly as his half-sister and during her wedding, he did his big brother duties/rites which was covered in the media.  (basically, we have traditions like the brother has to go greet the groom and give a gift etc and when the girl does not have a brother, someone like a cousin or another relative like an uncle will step in. it is because of these kind of traditions that adoption becomes a kind of quandary for some people)

from what I have read, attitudes towards adoption in korea is also complicated. have you heard of the letters of angels project?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/11/2pm-warm-hearts-as-they-come-together-for-the-angels-letter-project

http://www.soompi.com/2013/11/22/bts-are-angels-advocating-adoption-with-letters-of-angels-project/

but yea, I hope we can see SD and SN maybe look at adoption as an option and then explore some of the issues....

Archived