[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

7 hours ago, sk0317 said:

@stroppyse Your contributions on the dialogue translations are very much appreciated and your observations on this drama based on watching or reading @jimb's recaps are spot on and insightful:). Please visit this thread more often if you can and continue to enlighten us with your astute comments!

Star to your post above @stroppyse. Since this is a long running daily drama with an extension of 30 episodes, I do think the writers started with a 'scratch' plot and continue to develop the story along the way. We have seen a detour in characters making DT and SW play more prominent roles, despite YJ and DY being cast as the leads in the beginning. I do wonder how the actors and actresses really feel about being made to portray stupid characters in stupid plots that are either illogical or plain silly. One 'acting' skill all the actors/actresses seems to have perfected is the bug eye look. I think I will have mixed feelings to my role especially if I were a rookie even though appearing in a daily means more screen time/exposure and more income.

About the validity of the marriage between DT and SW, their marriage would be registered between a Korean citizen and an American, right?  Meaning SW would have to produce her American passport or equivalent documentation. Great observations as you have noted SW can't possibly register her marriage under LSR even in the event of her getting hold of LSR's official seal. I wonder how the writers are going to pull this off... @stroppyse Do they have to be present in person when registering their marriage in Korea?

I have stayed off this drama for 2 weeks in a row and started watching a few episodes last week. I don't seem to have missed much of what's going (or not going) on...it's like I am drifting in and out of a coma.:(

Actually, I wonder about the bug-eyes as well. Though, I see that the real veterans don't do the bug-eyes, e.g. SA, DY's mother, MS. It's the younger more junior actors who seem to have to bug their eyes in reaction. I wonder the veterans have just all refused to do that kind of overacting. Though, perhaps with the ones who do bug-eyes, perhapsit's become a thing with them now, a little contest to see who can bug their eyes more?

Great point about the citizenships. Lee Se Ra is an American citizen, though I don't think the show ever addressed whether SR maintained/took on Korean citizenship since she was raised in the States. If she had been born in the US or even had moved their as a child, then she would not have had a national registry number issued to her, so if she wanted to be a citizen of Korea, she would have to make a claim to do so. Actually, SR would have had to do so, otherwise, SW could not have used SR's identity to work at Bon Jour. So, let's say that the citizenship thing isn't an issue, at least to SW getting married initially, though if SW ever travels with DT or his family, they'll probably wonder about SW's not having a US passport and also SW's passport reflecting SW rather than SR. Again, I think we're too logical about trying to think things through that the writers clearly haven't done.  

I don't think that both people have to be present to submit the paperwork to the registry. I think it requires signatures and seals/thumbprints of the bride and groom plus two witnesses with their seals/thumbprints, but it all is supposed to match the records that they have on file, and can be filed by at least one of the primary parties. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translation of the preview of ep 126

YJ: Have you learned much about Kang Sam Wol?

Han: There is a woman she lives with, they say her name is Lee Se Ra. 

SR: Notice of credit cancellation?

SR: Who are you?

YJ: Are you Lee Se Ra? Your father is the President of Felmont, isn’t he?

GJ: I happened to see Yong Sil’s notebook accidentally, but she had written her bucket list. 

KC: What is that?

DY: What’s wrong, sister?

SA: Mother has disappeared. What will mother do? Her mind is not quite right either. If she loses her way. 

SW: That’s grandmother!

DY Mother: Sam Wol!

DT: Mother?

SW: Why is grandmother here?

Still not excited about this preview. It's probably too early. They'll make SR stupid as well for the time being and have her believe SW's lies as well, even if she has suspicions now. Also, I'm expecting the DT, SW, grandmother scene to be the cliffhanger for the next episode.

Having said that, the question that I have in my mind is will SW deny knowing her grandmother in order to protect her engagement to DT? Or will she, for once, do the right thing in acknowledging her grandmother to start the potential salvaging of SW's character so that she can have a happy ending after all. Or I guess the third way to deal with it is to have SW "pretend to be SW" for the grandmother and then tell DT that she just played along with the crazy old lady to pacify her since the granny was clearly distraught. And, DT being the idiot that he is will probably go right ahead and believe her. 

2 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Episode 126's Preview:

Hide contents

Hide contents

LSR found a letter for an overdue payment in her apartment's dustbin. YJ went to LSR's apartment and asked her if her father is the CEO of Felmont. DY's mom went missing and was seen entering Bonjour's lobby. She spotted SW walking next to DT and the she called out 'SW!' in front of a surprised DT. DT was saying, "Omonim...":lol:.

I bet the lobby scene will be shown only at the end of tomorrow's episode. This time, DY will not be there to help cover up. I hope she doesn't scurry back to BHS in the nick of time to help SW.

SA last visited BHS with the intention of exposing SW's lies. However we were all disappointed with what happened there. Crossing my fingers that the writers do not disappoint us again! :crazy: DT needs to know something by now.

SW is going to deny her GM saying does not know who she is, that nasty piece of rubbish.

I have only been reading this forum, stayed away from  even the preview.

There are 24 more episodes, how much longer can karma step in and save SW from being humiliated?

How are they going to extend it? Don't tell another 20 episodes getting DT and DY back togther and catching YJ. Equally uninviting for me. I shall the loyal forummer :wub:

My non-Korean speaker's take on the Korean language version of episode 125:

# SW is speaking to YJ in his office. She informs YJ that she knows he is still carrying a torch for DY. SW uses this knowledge as an addiutional threat and asserts the upper hand. He is aghast at her impudence but submits. SW smirks triumphantly.

# DT enters his office. He is weary. SW knocks and enters. He is wearier. They talk about DY's resignation from Bonjour. She rattles on even though DT is visibly uncomfortable with the conversation. She notices that he is barely tolerating her presence and leaves his office looking less bubbly than wen she arrived.

# SA and DY talk in their house. Likely DY informs SA that she is resigning from Bonjour.

# YJ is in his office. Team Leader Han enters, receives instructions from YJ, and leaves. YJ talks urgently on his cell phone.

# CJ and his father are talking in their store. His father senses woman trouble of some kind and fishes for details without success. His mother enters and speaks sadly about something.

# Big and little GJ begin to bond. The Gu family celebrates Birth Mother's birthday.

# YJ interrupts the celebration and asks to speak to CJ. YJ informs CJ that SW is DY's niece. CJ is shocked and depressed.

# Real Lee Sera finds an expensive purse in her living room and is surprised. SW walks in and Real Lee Sera questions her about it. SW responds with a happy lie. They both smile. Then SW piles on another lie or two. Real Lee Sera leaves the room and SW looks as though she has just had a near death experience.

# Grandfather, Juran, HR and DT chat in their living room. DT is uncomfortable. YJ greets the group, then goes upstairs.

# DT is in his bedroom. Juran pops in and rattles on.

# YJ sits unhappily in his bedroom. HR enters and talks about DY's resignation from Bonjour. HR is happy. YJ's mood is not improved.

# Juran is in her office with SW talking about DY's resignation. DT enters. SW's presence is clearly an unwelcome surprise. He reluctantly joins them. He reluctantly listens to their latest plans.

# SW and DT walk down a corridor. DT makes an excuse and leaves SW standing alone.

# Still in the corridor, Sw takes a call on her cell phone. She pleads with the loan shark.

# YJ is in his office talking with Mr. Choi. SW barges in and Mr. Choi departs.

# SW and YJ have a hostile conversation. He seems more sure-footed, she less so. She leaves and he is exasperated.

# DT sits wearily in his office again. DY enters and hands him a report. He likely asks her not to resign. She likely replies, should have been done long ago.

# DY enters YJ's office. He says something that puts her on edge.

# DY calls SW on her cell phone. They meet on Bonjour's rooftop and argue. DY once again fails to "take care of it."

# SA and DY's mother talk in their house. SA leaves the room and DY's mother talks to herself.

# MS and SA are talking beside SA's truck when the Village Representative happens upon them. She drives off and the Village Representative begins shouting at MS. The Village Representative threatens MS and departs. MS shakes his head and smiles.

# SW is walking down a corridor and receives another call from the loan shark on her cell phone. She pleads with him. SW receives a text message from SA. Now she is distressed.

# The Gossip Duo chats with DT while DY packs her belongings in the proverbial cardboard box. Mr. Han looks on seriously. Short Guy With Glasses (without glasses) says the wrong thing, as he is wont to do. DY departs.

# DT rushes down a corridor to catch up with DY as she is leaving with her cardboard box. They talk uncomfortably. DY speaks wistfully and begins to depart but receives an urgent call from SW on her cell phone and dutifully runs off to do SW's bidding. DT is bewildered.

# SA appears at Real Lee Sera's door and they begin to talk. DY arrives abruptly and stops SA from talking. DY drags SA out of the apartment. Real Lee Sera is bewildered. Once again DY refuses to allow SA to take care of it.

# DT sits glumly in a store while SW tries on engagement dresses. She drags him to his feet. He endures a very chaste kiss. Not many babies in their future if they marry.

# Real Lee Sera answers her door and two loan sharks force their way in. She says she knows nothing about a loan and they play a cell phone recording of SW promising to pay up. Real Lee Sera is beginning to get the picture as SW arrives home. Real Lee Sera shoots SW a Look. Can SW 'splain her way out of this?

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

15 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Yes SW's GM is directly responsible for the way she has turned out. SA and DY both played into SW's 'neglect' and 'guilt' cards. Just because she is the youngest and 'darling' of the Kang household doesn't justify/warrant her to be turned into a spoilt child-woman. When SW gets caught, her co-conspirators should also be punished along with her. Her deceits and lies have spiraled and come this far because no one wants to take that big step forward to stop her. Instead of protecting SW, they are ruining her.

And I do think you are right to say SW will make DY look like she is a 'partner in crime' and make her aunt accountable for some if not all responsibilities. I can't wait to see the look on JR's face when SW is unmasked. It must hurt JR when she finds out she has been taken for a ride by someone she really trusts and likes. Probably JR will receive a bigger blow when she learns that SW is her love rival's daughter. And that love rival has decided to pursue her love interest in her husband.

@sk0317  This is the fun ride I'm waiting to see I don't even watch anymore only come to read the comments that has been posted there more fun then watching the stupidity.. 

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

By the way, the identity theft means that the marriage is not valid. If the marriage goes through and then SW's identity is exposed, then SW goes to jail and the marriage is voided. DT does not end up married to SR or SW. Gosh, I hope the writers are aware of this and don't try to put some other hairbrained scenario in.

@stroppyse Now somebody gets it DT will end up not married to whom he thinks he's married to. But given this drama has a 150 episodes it would be another scenario throwed in..  But I do get you Sw stupidity will come back to bite her in the but maybe when she has to sign the marriage certificate she'll get it.. She may try and change her birthcertificate before the signing but DT may find out about her identity change how will she ever gets around this..  

2 hours ago, valsava said:

@sk0317  This is the fun ride I'm waiting to see I don't even watch anymore only come to read the comments that has been posted there more fun then watching the stupidity.. 

@stroppyse Now somebody gets it DT will end up not married to whom he thinks he's married to. But given this drama has a 150 episodes it would be another scenario throwed in..  But I do get you Sw stupidity will come back to bite her in the but maybe when she has to sign the marriage certificate she'll get it.. She may try and change her birthcertificate before the signing but DT may find out about her identity change how will she ever gets around this..  

Hmm, actually, changing one's birth certificate legally is almost impossible to do. However, people do change their legal names all the time. It's a relatively simple process to change one's name though obviously there is a legal record of the name change, and once the legal name change happens, then one has to submit the legal paperwork to get the name change propagated through all the various agencies which will then also have a notation about the name change. In Korea with the family registries in place, I think it's trivial to change a given name and a very big deal to change one's surname, however. 

Could someone explain to me, however, why DY keeps shoving DT at SW? And then gets all upset when SW announces their dating, then their marriage, etc.? I really don't understand this? Why does DY ask SW if SW loves DT? But then to DT, DY is always telling him to do well with SW. Huh? I know that I'm the one who keeps complaining that this show doesn't make sense, but I really don't get what the writers are doing in terms of motivation for DY's actions and expectations.  And, I think the actress may be confused as well. So, DY no longer loves DT, right? And, she has decided to spend the rest of her life enabling SW and abetting her crimes because SW is the one DY actually loves, right? In that case, I understand DY telling DT to do well with SW, but why is she then upset that SW is getting what she wants, what DY wants for her after all?

If someone can explain it to me, cool. If not, then I'm not actually that fussed about it. I don't know that this drama actually knows what it's end point is either. My guess now is that it'll just be one big open ending: SW continues to chase DT who continues to be miserable and clueless, SR gets a clue but gets paid off by JR to not raise a scene, JR uses that information to force MS to finally leave SA, YJ continues to toil at Bonjour with one scheme after another. DY retires to the village, living off of SA while still not taking care of her mother. I was going to say DY would get a job at the gochujang factory, but that's owned by Bonjour and she's already quit Bonjour again. Then again, with this drama, DY could go to work for Bonjour yet again, this time at their gochujang factory. It would give her a reason to continue to not take care of her mother. DY would go to Seoul occasionally to run interference for SW as she's needed. 

Finally, why does SW act so disappointed when DT fails to act excited around her? It's not as if he's ever acted happy to see her. She had to wait for him to pass out drunk to set it up to give his mother an excuse to force him to date her and then agree to the engagement. I realize she's delusional, but how can she be cunning enough to arrange all of this to force the Suls into the position that they find themselves in, and then be disappointed that the lamb is not cutting its own throat. ROFLOL

@stroppyse Here's a Devil's advocate argument for DY:

DY doesn't know that SW dragged DT to her bed while he was unconscious. For all she knows DT arrived at SW's apartment in a fit of drunken passion.

Also DY, like all other employees at Bonjou, knows only that DT and SW suddenly became an item. DY does not know that DT was essentially guilt tripped into the relationship by SW and Juran.

Given that DT spent the night at SW's place and soon thereafter began dating SW, DY believes that DT has genuine feelings for SW.

This erroneous belief is the basis for DY's (1) encouraging DT in his relationship with SW and (2) belief that since DT loves SW for herself, he would forgive SW's deception if she confessed it.

SW, of course, knows the truth. DT has been forced into the relationship, has no feelings for her, and the whole Sul family would kick her to the curb if they discover her real background.

16 minutes ago, jimb said:

@stroppyse Here's a Devil's advocate argument for DY:

DY doesn't know that SW dragged DT to her bed while he was unconscious. For all she knows DT arrived at SW's apartment in a fit of drunken passion.

Also DY, like all other employees at Bonjou, knows only that DT and SW suddenly became an item. DY does not know that DT was essentially guilt tripped into the relationship by SW and Juran.

Given that DT spent the night at SW's place and soon thereafter began dating SW, DY believes that DT has genuine feelings for SW.

This erroneous belief is the basis for DY's (1) encouraging DT in his relationship with SW and (2) belief that since DT loves SW for herself, he would forgive SW's deception if she confessed it.

SW, of course, knows the truth. DT has been forced into the relationship, has no feelings for her, and the whole Sul family would kick her to the curb if they discover her real background.

That's not a bad argument actually. Though, why would DY then get so upset every time there is some evidence that things are going well between SR and DT? That's what she's encouraging after all. 

Also, if you could take a stab at addressing the final part of my question regarding SW in the previous post?

Finally, why is DY putting so much effort and time into protecting SW's secret from SA, DT, et al, if she's so convinced that DT and SW are a true love match? Under your argument, I can see DY not actively telling anyone, but she also raced to YJ to convince him not to say anything. Not to mention, DY races to prevent SW's mother from talking to the real SR. Umm, identity theft, anyone? DY knows that SR is being harmed by now, even without the loans, the identity theft has already happened, so I guess DY is now actively blocking the victim from realizing that she's a victim. Wow, that is cold blooded.

So, reading your recap and the preview, it seems that SR finally realized that SW was doing more than just innocently using her name as a showbiz name. I wonder if it's close enough to the end that they won't have SR have an epileptic fit that leads to amnesia after paying off the loans of her friend SW so that SW is not being chased by the loan sharks any more. That would preserve SW's secret identity for several more episodes, even as it keeps SR in the picture, kind of, for the moment. 

@stroppyse

Playing Devil's advocate again:

(1) Why, since DY keeps encouraging DT in his relationship with SW, is he resentful when the relationship appears to be successful?

DY has been guilt tripped by SW into abandoning her relationship with DT so that SW could pursue her own relationship with DT. DY has a misguided love for SW and genuinely wants DT to be good to her. Although DY outwardly supports the DT-SW relationship, she is inwardly resentful because she still loves DT.

I think that when a human being concedes something important to another, the best one can expect is that he/she doesn't try to grab it back. You can't expect that they'll like it.

(2) Why, since SW knows she forced DT into a relationship with her, is she upset that DT isn't excited to be around her?

For the same reason that HR is disappointed by YJ's unloving demeanor, even though she knows that Juran more or less bought him for her.

Just like a boss at some level knows that his employees are kissing up to him/her because they have to, but might still be hurt if he/she overheard what they really feel about them.

SW thought that once she trapped DT he would learn to love her and is frustrated by evidence that he hasn't and won't.

(3) Why is DY keeping SW's secret from DT, SA etc. if she thinks DT and SW are a true love match?

As the writers have developed DY's character, it appears that DY genuinely believes that she can persuade SW to come clean to DT herself without outside intervention (YJ, SA)

DY also is not informing SA of SW's engagement plans because SW has threatened to hurt herself if she does.

None of these reasons make any sense to me but the writers are clearly indicating, I think, that these are DY's motives.

21 minutes ago, jimb said:

@stroppyse

(2) Why, since SW knows she forced DT into a relationship with her, is she upset that DT isn't excited to be around her?

For the same reason that HR is disappointed by YJ's unloving demeanor, even though she knows that Juran more or less bought him for her.

Just like a boss at some level knows that his employees are kissing up to him/her because they have to, but might still be hurt if he/she overheard what they really feel about them.

SW thought that once she trapped DT he would learn to love her and is frustrated by evidence that he hasn't and won't.

(3) Why is DY keeping SW's secret from DT, SA etc. if she thinks DT and SW are a true love match?

As the writers have developed DY's character, it appears that DY genuinely believes that she can persuade SW to come clean to DT herself without outside intervention (YJ, SA)

DY also is not informing SW ofSW's engagement plans because SW has threatened to hurt herself if she does.

None of these reasons make any sense to me but the writers are clearly indicating, I think, that these are DY's motives.

Regarding SW, so I guess you're saying is that the disappointment is over DT not having developed feelings for her yet.  Hmm, I guess that makes as much sense as anything. However, I think it's different than HR. Actually, HR and YJ did go on dates. YJ did make some effort, and he said the words that he loved HR. HR may have suspected that her mother bought YJ for her, however, when HR was running around helping YJ out with things, YJ did look favorably upon her. And, part of the deal that YJ struck with JR was to "love" HR, so he did put on a show. DT never did. DT has never told SW that he has feelings for her, he has never willingly gone on a date with her. He did have a meal with her when he thought they were friends, but that stopped once SW confessed her love for him. Not to mention that SW had to collude with JR in order to get DT on a date and ultimately forced into the engagement, and since SW plotted all of it, she was fully aware of it all.

As for DY, the bottom line is that she's petty, illogical and delusional.

But, thanks for trying to apply some of the drama's logic to my queries. :)

hmm seems DY  told YJ that she was  leaving the  company  . YJ was   happy  about  that  and  told her    ,he  will call  her    later. DY  told  him   never  to  call her.

SW loan shark call and  threaten  her, so she  hurry over to  YJ.

MR choi question  why  SW is in YJ  office  so much. YJ excuse  is ,  they  working on  this   show.

SW  asking  if the money is  ready.YJ  saying  he is getting it  ready  so   wait. SW saying, you're not  trying  to   buy  time to  avoid  giving me money,are you?

YJ---- I'll keep  my  promise ,so  don't worry. but  I have  my  conditions. I  want  the usb back in return.

SW____ I will  think about it after  you  get me the money. Also, I  want the  money  by today .

YJ----- I can't, I'll give it to you in 2 days.

SW_------  fine, I need it by  the  day after tomorrow...(lol thought she needed it today )

DY  resigns.

DY meeting SW on the roof.

DY did  something  happen with  Mr Goo?

SW--- why? did he tell you something?

DY ---No. he kept  asking  about  you. he said he wouldn't tell people  about your  secret  right? why wouldn't  he? did  something happen between the   two of  you?

sw--- no  what  are  you talking  about ? i heard you resign, DY  said   yes.

SW-- you  made the right  decision,it'd only be painful for  you to  work  here,you  should  farm and  take care of grandma.I'll send money  home after i  get  married. You didn't tell  mum the date of the  engagement is  set  did  you?

DY--- SW, are you really planning to get engaged as  someone else? You could face legal punishment if you get  caught.

SW--- you   at  it  again

DY--- tell Mr seol before  the engagement. he will accept you  if he knows how you  feel.

SW---- do  you think I can  marry the son of Bonjour with  nothing  but love? stop being  so  naive.It's getting annoying( lolol   as most of  us  already  thinks.)

DY-----If you can't tell him I'll tell  him myself.

SW--- what? are you  out of your mind? (lolol after  SW just  called  DY  naive)

DY---- I can't watch  you  do the  wrong  thing anymore.i'll go and tell him.

SW--- I wouldn't be  like this if  you didn't kill my dad.If dad were alive, he would've helped  me become a model. then I'd be happy living my  dream. this is all your fault!

DY-- I'm sure Man Soo wouldn't want you to  act  like this .

SW --thats enough! I don't want you to  talk about  my  dad. if you  feel sorry  at  all, you won't tell anyone about  me. you'll never  see me again if you  utter  a  word. SW walks  by  DY making  sure  her  shoulder  slams into  DY as  SW walks away...(me  cheering here, good   then i  will tell  everyone.lolol)

so, DY thinks SW should  tell DT she is not LSR and expect DT to  say, oh  that is ok,  no  problems? lets get  married.lololol. the damage DY/SW/SA and  now YJ cause DT  will not go away  with a  handshake.

If DY really wants, no in fact protects, SW conducting a loving relationship with DT then why would she bother to ask SW to come clean with him about her identity which would give DT a concrete reason to break the engagement thereby making SW once again threaten to "kill herself".

If DY really cared about DT why would she treat him like a possession (that can be swapped around regardless of how he feels) and allow SW to manipulate him into a romantic relationship.  DY continues to treat him like a possession that can be used.  How is she any better than her niece SW.  You could say DY really loves SW and wants DT to love and care for her niece (because SW wants it) but how is that appropriate when DT is being blackmailed and trapped into an engagement and defrauded by them both.  DT told DY long ago that he has no feelings for SW.

Solution:. Have Mother SA get health professionals ready at a secret intervention where everyone is told the truth and SW is taken into the care of the mental health professionals asap thereby immediately solving most problems.  SW will then be drug away at the same time yelling "no, I really wasn't going to kill myself".

I admit to watching the raw episode today but only after reading everyone's take on it.  I could stand it without dialog but I don't think I could take it if I knew exactly what trash talk was coming from their respective mouths.

Thank goodness we have a great Forum of people on this thread.  I can live until the sh_t hits the fan because you all make my day with your insightful, funny, emotional and fresh perspectives.

27 minutes ago, jimb said:

@stroppyse

(1) Why, since DY keeps encouraging DT in his relationship with SW, is he resentful when the relationship appears to be successful?

DY has been guilt tripped by SW into abandoning her relationship with DT so that SW could pursue her own relationship with DT. DY has a misguided love for SW and genuinely wants DT to be good to her. Although DY outwardly supports the DT-SW relationship, she is inwardly resentful because she still loves DT.

I think that when a human being concedes something important to another, the best one can expect is that he/she doesn't try to grab it back. You can't expect that they'll like it.

DY also is not informing SW ofSW's engagement plans because SW has threatened to hurt herself if she does.

DY should realize by now SW is not after love since she told DY that yesterday when they had that talk on the rooftop. SW's exact words were, "Do you think I can marry the son of Bonjour with nothing but love?". She should also know that all her talking to dissuade SW to come clean with her identity before she plunges into engagement and marriage is futile. DY then told SW she would go and tell DT the truth if SW is not going to do so herself. On hearing this, SW used her 'guilt' and 'blame' cards to say she wouldn't be acting like this (is she also blaming DY for causing her to become a fraud:blink:?) and her dad would have supported her dream to become a model had a one y.o. DY not killed him in that automobile accident. DY was left speechless after hearing these again. Seems to make perfect sense to the writers.  And it seems that SA is not aware of the 'honey trap' set by SW to trap DT. She keeps wondering why DT has started dating and is planning to get engaged to SW so soon after his breakup with DY.

@jimb Do you think SW's real identity could be exposed if YJ gets the real LSR (armed with her identification papers/passport) to visit Bonjour and meet with JR? Get JR to call the Mogul Lee and speak with him before handing the phone to the real LSR. Also, over breakfast at the Sul's, there was a discussion between JR and HR on why SW speaks perfect Korean although she was born and raised in Boston. Could YJ arrange for someone who speaks English and knows Boston really well to meet SW and converse with her in English, in front of JR again? Her inability to converse might ring an alarm bell in JR's mind. Where did Mr. Han study in the US? He could be used as a ploy to get SW.

35 minutes ago, anbud said:

so, DY thinks SW should  tell DT she is not LSR and expect DT to  say, oh  that is ok,  no  problems? lets get  married.lololol. the damage DY/SW/SA and  now YJ cause DT  will not go away  with a  handshake.

DY who has low tolerance to alcohol, doesn't seem to understand the effects of alcohol. And thus she has difficulty grasping the fact that a heavily intoxicated DT who was placed in the tramp's bed and set up to look like he had slept with the temptress could have 'performed' in that state of drunkenness.

Perhaps SW could come clean with an icebreaker. Like saying, 'Chief Director Sul, you know, it's about the culprit you are still looking for to pay for your ruined shirt...I am actually the poo girl you are looking for:wub:" .

9 hours ago, maribella said:

SW is going to deny her GM saying does not know who she is, that nasty piece of rubbish.

I have only been reading this forum, stayed away from  even the preview.

There are 24 more episodes, how much longer can karma step in and save SW from being humiliated?

How are they going to extend it? Don't tell another 20 episodes getting DT and DY back togther and catching YJ. Equally uninviting for me. I shall the loyal forummer :wub:

And of course since we don't expect logic to suddenly appear in this drama, it wouldn't surprise me if GM has a moment of demential or DY will arrive to scurry halmoni away. This drama isn't going anywhere anytime some.

2 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

And of course since we don't expect logic to suddenly appear in this drama, it would surprise me if GM has a moment of demential or DY will arrive to scurry halmoni away. This drama isn't going anywhere anytime some.

Maybe DT will come to SW's rescue by saying, "Mother, she is not the woman you think she is...Her name is LSR and she works here as a show host." DY's mom, looking confused might say "But she is my GD, SW, who I spoil, love and adore over my own daughter." DT, knowing DY's mom's illness, gently led her by the arm and out of the entrance of Bonjour, calls DY on her phone and tells her he is going to drive her mom back to JMR. SW's behind is saved for the day again and she continues to triumph over all the other stupid characters in this drama for another 24 episodes before karma comes knocking on her door.

@anbud wrote "The damage DY/SW/SA and now YJ cause DTwill not go away in a heartbeat."

Actually, I think Juran is the No. 1 "damager" with the scheming SW a close second.

DT was fully prepared to dismiss SW with a "sorry, I don't remember and doubt I did any of it." It was Juran who bullied DT into "taking responsibility" for the Heiress to Felmont. Absent Juran's greed and nonsense, SW's scheme to entrap DT would not have succeeded.  Juran would not care if DT and SW had "orgied" for a week:  Juran would have dismissed SW as the tramp which SW (albeit likely virginal) more or less is.)

Also, the "damage" DY, SA and YJ do to DT consists of information which would dissuade Juran from continuing to force DT's Death March toward marriage with SW. Again, Juran is the key, DT doesn't give a flying fig if SW is the heiress to Felmont or the corner mandu shop.

If Juran discovers that SW is Somebody Else's Daughter and not the Felmont Heiress, Juran wouldn't care if DT and SW had "orgied" nonstop for a week, let alone one night. Juran would condemn SW as a covetous tramp, which SW (albeit likely virginal) more or less is.

Archived