[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

2 hours ago, maribella said:

It is now episode 108,109 and I am still trying to figure out which one is the 'strange' or 'unusual' family. :phew:

All three are rather strange. But I think the vegetable sellers is the strangest. Heavens forbid if the ding dong writer turns them into one big happy family!!! :crazy:

I agree...isn't it common sense and common courtesy to ring or text YJ (at least) when big GJ was hospitalized? For Pete's sake, she was kept overnight in a hospital for observation and nobody in that state of panic and confusion thought it was appropriate to call the Jung's or Sul's to inform them an emergency has occurred? :blink:

I support @stroppyse's views on why big GJ should have the baby and raise it alone if she decides to keep it. KC and the Gu's don't seem to have respect and consideration for her well being...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, desertflower said:

In my view, isn't DY, by keeping SW's secret, passive aggressively heaping abuse and torment on all those caught unaware.  She knows the secret but allows these people to be tricked and likely shamed when they find out,  DY could be considered abusive by not telling DT of her 'call outs' by YJ.  Allowing DT to be humiliated and hurt by being caught unaware of YJ's chasing of DY is abusive and unnecessary.  DY is not without fault.  DT is doing his best although it's the low carb way.  

I don't think the writer intends to write DY to be that 'deep'.  This is just typical KD self sacrificing, mindlessly loyal, punching bag hero (ine) you find in daily shows. 

That startled look she gave ( not the first time) in ep 107 before that hectoring heifer grabbed her was so annoying to me.  Just in that passiveness, guilty look ( not her fault at all) bug-eyed ( or  innocent look) tells the nasty female, ' ok hit me'. 

I think she is supposed to be the sweet, innocent and docile female that mothers in law and men ( many of my compatriots) would want. Wouldn't it attract viewers? 

I stopped watching the show because of her and was following this forum. The links to the next episode were just too tempting and of course, I ended up seeing DY being abused. (Sigh)

55 minutes ago, auntyem said:

@sk0317, maybe it won't go that route. I watched a drama once that had a lapse in between before the new drama was scheduled to start, so they had a short 4-6 episode drama that played in between. Maybe they'll do that? Cuz yes, the story at this point is tiresome.....every day same old, same old. DY getting abused by the future in laws and SW, YJ bugging her not to marry DT, DT pushing to get married. How many ways can they show us the same thing? The only thing different is Lanky Guy being transferred cuz he almost "outed" YJ. That's another issue going around in circles, how JR is entrusting all these critical company issues to YJ. So ridiculous!!!!

Phew! My faith in humanity has been restored:lol:. I was so hoping they would do that>slot in a short drama to cover the gap before the commencement of the new one.  Yes the story is wearing the viewers down. Sometimes I feel we are the ones being 'abused' to have to watch this 'same old, same old' day in day out:P.

I think I should take back what I said yesterday about SW's possible retreat to a mental asylum. It could be DY who might end up needing a break from the real and troubled world she is forced to live in and face surrounded by a bunch of 'bullies':blink:.

On the subject of YJ bugging DY not to marry DT. In episode 108 @~11:08, YJ told DY "It's just that I haven't achieved my aim at work yet. Otherwise, I would get you back" nonsense.  Is YJ's gibberish statement a possible hint to the viewers this drama is going to be extended somehow:(?

@sk0317, all I can do is *mooooooaaaaannnnnnnn*.....NOOOOOOOO! Andae! Andae!  Who KNOWS what YJ was alluding to, because even if he achieves his so called "goals", is he as delusional as SW, thinking he will get away with it all? Is the endgame of his plan to unseat JR so he can take over as President? Like he really thinks it will happen? If so, there really needs to be a psychiatrist in the house, like ASAP!!!! These people need HELP!!!! 

I also don't get what the purpose of SW's announcement to DY about her crush on DT is for. Excuse me, is DY supposed to just walk away because YOU like him? She is getting loonier and more desperate with each passing day, so pathetic!!!! This poor actress plays her psycho part so well, she is now being typecast, I think. Anybody saw her cameo on the other drama? Lol

2 hours ago, jimb said:

@stroppyse  Good observations.  Re the supplement problem and Lanky Guy, I thought that DT backed off more quickly than he should have in ep. 107 when YJ hit him with the "I am your brother in law" and "don't intrude on my turf" bafflegab.

YJ does seem to have the upper hand and is winning almost every bout of his confrontations with DT these days, doesn't he?

On 2016/9/29 at 11:53 AM, Brenda Capers said:

Also we all know if you are terminally ill you will get sicker closer to the time of your demise you want to have your daughter see that if she didnt live in KC's family house she would not even be able to maintain daily duties like cooking, cleaning, working, laundry, eventually she will be bedridden and weak does she really want her daughter to see her like that for that to be engraved forever in her mind and heart. I dont know how KC's ex. was able to not see, hear, or talk to her daughter for 6yrs like she didnt exist and now she cant live without her....yeah right this crazy. I dont even know why im commenting on them its a waste of my time and energy.

YJ parents and brothers I have never watched any of their previews or bothered to read comments they are just fillers, with no real purpose.

@Brenda CapersGreat post! Like you said, the Gu's are just fillers in this drama and I hardly pay any attention to their story as well. In all fairness, since the Gu's have so graciously decided to take in a gravely sick KC's ex, I think she should have herself admitted into a hospice or a hospital which offers palliative care in the final stage of her life. It will be too traumatizing for small GJ, who at this point, still isn't aware or being told her birth mother is dying. Also, an inexperienced YJ's mom will not be able to cope on her own and cater to the needs of a terminally ill relative.

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, first a correction to the episode 109 preview after I watched it again. In the last line, I think DY was referencing DT's mother opposition to the match as well as the reservations that DY's mother has about the wedding knowing that DT was unable to gain his mother's approval, rather than just DY's mother condition as I had initially thought. I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow what her objections are.

Thanks for the correction:). So let's see...from DT's point of view:

1. DT wants to get married in spite of family objections,

2. DT wants to live somewhere (far) away from his family with DY,

3. DT wants to get married this year in order to 'seal the deal' to quell his anxieties of the possibility of losing DY,

4. DT doesn't mind giving up his present lifestyle to be with DY.

Now let's see it from the perspective of DY:

1. DY wants to get married with the approval of DT's family (namely JR's),

2. DY wants to live somewhere (close) near to SA and her mom, or DY can't live away from her mom and SA,

3. DY wants to get married with the blessings and acceptance from DT's family without causing any further strain and tension in ties between DT and his family,

4. DY would accept DT as the person for who he is and not what he is. (She refused to 'monetize on her feelings' for DT and turned down the offer of a gift of money from JR to break off with DT).

That said, I was glad DY didn't answer JR when asked if her mom approved of her marriage to DT with the knowledge of YJ being DT's BIL. DY should tell JR that private matters outside of work should not be discussed at their workplace. Didn't JR reprimand DY for not taking her job seriously and kept quitting so that DT had to run after her to try to get her back to work?

Awww... you're welcome and thank you. :blush:

As for the beach scene, I would hope so. They're two people in love together alone on an empty beach. I doubt given DY's nature that she will be pregnant from whatever they did, but I would think that there would be some physical affection exchanged. Hopefully, this time, DY actually participated more than just closing her eyes and staying still. 

Two consenting adults who are supposedly so in love with each other and spending time alone overnight on an empty beach...That shot which shows a smiling DT lying down on the sand does look very inviting, doesn't it:sweatingbullets:? The writers did leave a lot to our imagination in that final scene before switching the scene to a concerned JR being told of big GJ's hospitalization. But we do need a pregnant DY in order to really stick it to JR/HR/YJ/SW.

It looks like DY is going to get an earful from her mom, JR and SW for spending a night out alone with DT. An unmarried couple spending overnight alone is deemed unacceptable especially for a conservative Ms. Park. I wonder what 'reckless mistake" will come out of their first overnight outing together... SW seems to think there is only one way in life; that is HER way. She has to tell DY to give DT up for her sake just because SW is in love with him. HA! roll eyes! Delusional? Not so much. More like crazy, mental and psychopathic! @auntyem is so right, she needs to see a psychiatrist ASAP! I wish SA will honor her words to stop the scheming SW by reporting her daughter to the police. Or just do something to expose her false identity FAST.

I only said America because DT had studied in Boston so probably still had connections there, but I'm sure he would enjoy "future endeavors" in Japan as well, especially if he knew such a loyal fan awaited him there. :grin:

Yes I will personally make sure SJH/SDT feels so at home here he has no plans to return:).

On 28/09/2016 at 10:16 PM, 0ly40 said:

OST part 5: Kim Woo Young - When love passes

얼마나 더 많이 아파야 
이젠 내게서 떠나갈거니 넌
꽤 오랜 시간 견뎌왔다고 
이젠 그만 가도 된다고

얼마나 더 많이 
울어야 떠나갈거니
오랜 시간 동안 
기다림 속에 남았던 
그 날이
너무 힘들었잖아
너무 아파했잖아

이런 사랑이 떠나가면 
잊을 수 없는
내 기억이 우리 
사랑이 나를 미치게 해
나의 사랑은 떠나가도 
너의 사랑만은
지금 이대로 내게 머물러줘

얼마나 더 오래 아파야
우리 마음이 정말 끝인건지
이렇게 밀어내어도 기다려도
우린 끝이 없잖아 
우린 그대로잖아

너에게 난 외로움인지
아님 정말 사랑하는지

이런 사랑이 떠나가면 
잊을 수 없는
내 기억이 우리 
사랑이 나를 미치게 해
나의 사랑은 떠나가도 
너의 사랑만은
지금 이대로 
내게 머물러줘

더는 아프기 싫어 
널 잊으려 해봐도
아무 생각 없이 널 
또 떠올리고 있어
너를 잡으려 해봐도 
자꾸 사라지잖아

우리 사랑이 끝인가요 
잊을 수 없는
네 기억도 지난 추억도 
너를 놓지 못해
이런 사랑을 지워내려
너를 밀어내도 
지금 이대로 내게 머물러줘

Thank you for posting the link to a new OST track. So far, I have only heard Part 1 from the opening/end sequence, and 2 the ballad which is played during DT/DY scenes. If the new parts 3-5 were ever featured in the last 10 episodes or so  , I believe all of us couldn't hear them as our ears have been accustomed to the shouting and shrieking matches that unfortunately for us, would not end so soon/:blink:

Yes, I am feeling much better, thank you! :) I saw the picture of the paper cranes - very nice! The Japanese are truly very meticulous and put a lot of effort into their work. I realize that hotel employees are particularly attentive. My brother was pleasantly surprised when the hotel staff prepared a birthday cake for him on his birthday. Apparently, they noticed his birth date when processing his check-in. Hospitality is top-notch I must say!

@sgfan Good to hear you are doing better:), just hope the haze is under better control this year. Yes the Japanese are well known for their 'Omotenashi' http://cotoacademy.com/blog/japanese-study/omotenashi/

I have become so accustomed to it I might have a problem adapting to life in another country:sweatingbullets:. That said, I am seriously considering being a volunteer for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. I am so glad your brother received such an attentive gesture and lovely surprise from the hotel employees during his stay here on his special day! That must have been memorable and pleasant and thank you for sharing this here.

14 hours ago, sgfan said:

Lol! We are enduring a lot just to watch SJH. Having said that, I really do want to know how the story unfolds. I am sure you will agree that SJH has accomplished his goal for this show, which is to make viewers wish they'd meet someone like SDT.

:) SJH really puts us in a spot because we are stuck (just like we are forever stuck in manual transmission gear two while driving) with a lackluster plot at the moment. Any extension to this drama will kill any incentive for us to want to continue watching it. It's kind of 'sickening:lol:' how we still want to follow through when the negatives seem to outweigh the positives. And yes SJH makes me want to meet the real 'SDT' in person:) after watching him in TUF.

Japan and America?! Looks like I've joined the queue for SDT a little too late:crazy::lol:

I am also getting very frustrated with DY. She always seems to be ready to give up, and DT will then give her another pep talk and they're all good, for now. Come on! Put up  a damn good fight DY!

No you are not late to the queue...SJH will probably need to schedule a tour to Japan, America and Singapore once every two months:lol:.

It is frustrating how much time is dedicated to the breaking up of DT/DY's relationship. DY seems to love DT a lot but is ready to give up when she gets badly thrashed (well, who in the right mind wouldn't) by the bullies before regaining her composure to continue to battle the obstacles again. Sounds like she is forever stuck/trapped in a whirlpool of mudslide...Will the writers give the viewers a fitting and 'logical' closure/finish to each and every character in this drama? We can only hope. Let's hope the writers take their time and put their thoughts into completing a 120-episode drama with an 'acceptable/reasonable' outcome/ending.

Honestly, I agree DT and DY should really just "do it" and get married already. Are we to believe nothing happened on that beach?

DT and DY seem to have exhausted every resources in their attempt to get the approval and blessings of those around them in order for them to get married. But everyone around them seem to be coming up with more and more excuses for them not to get married. They should just move in together. Apply and submit a marriage application later. As I have mentioned up thread in a post to @stroppyse, it is rather impossible to resist an attractive DT under such conducive surroundings, right:P?

lolol.  so, some of you   are guessing /wishing DY/DT did the deed on the sand at the beach? can't see that happening. 

from what  i read and seen .not seen every  episode. DY/YJ was  together  for 5 years and I can't remember ever reading that  DY/YJ ever  kissed on the lips,it's only the last  few  months of the  last  year of their  5 years together   DY started  having issues  with  YJ since he was   going  after  HR.

Seen DY/DT kissed with DT going inn for the kiss and DY meeting his lips half of the  way.

think  DT/DY doing the  deed  is  a  bit too early, plus  not the  right time. DY was made to  cry  by  DT  mother ,by insulting her   with  money. DT enter  her  office and snatch  DY hand  like  some wild  beast that  owns her  mind  soul and dragged  her  out ,with shock faces of  the 2 employees. DT did  not  ask politely  can i  have a  word and  ask her if they  can take a  drive to  clear  their  heads.as i  notice she  did not even get a  chance to  take her  purse with her(but  she had it when she returned  home) doubt anyone was in  the mood  for   such  relationship when  DY was  broken in  pain.

@anbud A belated 'Welcome Back' to you. About whether DT and DY did commit the 'act' on that beautiful sandy beach last night. It was just pure speculation on our part:). We know how conservative DY's upbringing is and how she behaved with YJ on their dates before their official breakup. DY grew up 'programmed' to endure belittling and talking down from SW. She was also taught to accept all those emotional abuses and prejudice from her own mother. DY is not immune to such treatment. She is just bottling in and trying to keep peace by enduring them in silence. Now at Bonjour, DY has to take the demeaning and tormenting insults (to her family and upbringing too), unwelcome thrashings and lashings from JR. These are real turnoffs to sustaining a serious relationship with DT under normal circumstances. To add to that, having to endure slapping, getting your wrist grabbed forcefully, and constant shouting and 'hollering' also do not make maintaining a love life easy. I bet DY often questions herself "What's in it for me?" that she has to continue to stay sane and endure more hardships in her bid to find true happiness with DT. I would even think she might have thought of herself as being 'jinxed' at some stage in her life. She is often overheard as saying, "Why do bad things keep happening to me?"  and "Why do they all seem to happen to me at the same time?" She is probably constantly asking herself how many times does she have to hit rock bottom before being given some breathing space and a small chance to be accepted as DT's partner in life. Right now, DY is taking all the 'blows' in her pursuit for love and she wants to keep peace again by trying not to aggravate the strain and tension already formed between DT and his family. JR knows DT's weakness, that is why she is striking all these blows entirely on DY. JR thinks that her attempts to attack and hurt DY are her only ways to stop the relationship from progressing. But JR may be losing a son in the process if she continues to keep this up and overdoes it. Sorry for the long rant and going off topic.

In short, we were hoping DY will do something different once in her life (follow her heart and show her real feelings) and indulge in PDAs and stuff that real and normal couple in love do in a flourishing relationship.

@sk0317 lol my mind kind of drifted away while reading the last bit of your post :P

Yes, DT and DY seem to have exhausted all their resources. It sounds counterintuitive, but it may be a good idea to take a step back for now and re-strategise instead of just pushing forward. We are also tired just watching them going round in circles.

In last nights episode, YJ asked DT if he was the one who told HR about the JMR trip. I am hoping DT and DY will sense that SW has been the tale-teller all along. She was the only other person who knew about DY and YJ. Despite threats to expose the secret, DY DT and YJ would never do that and the 3 of them know it. So let's look forward (albeit sometimes grudgingly)to watch if SW gets questioned. It is about time writers! 

And for all the hair-pulling, insults and slaps inflicted on DY, I want to see all of these come back to SW :angry:

1 hour ago, sgfan said:

@sk0317 lol my mind kind of drifted away while reading the last bit of your post :P

:lol: Sorry I tried not to be too specific...

1 hour ago, sgfan said:

Yes, DT and DY seem to have exhausted all their resources. It sounds counterintuitive, but it may be a good idea to take a step back for now and re-strategise instead of just pushing forward. We are also tired just watching them going round in circles.

I agree and also think it is a brilliant idea to take a step back for the time being and devise another plan before acting again. I guess that's putting a lot of people off this drama for the time being> DT/DY's relationship seems to be going in a roundabout manner

1 hour ago, sgfan said:

In last nights episode, YJ asked DT if he was the one who told HR about the JMR trip. I am hoping DT and DY will sense that SW has been the tale-teller all along. She was the only other person who knew about DY and YJ. Despite threats to expose the secret, DY DT and YJ would never do that and the 3 of them know it. So let's look forward (albeit sometimes grudgingly)to watch if SW gets questioned. It is about time writers! 

I always wonder why in crucial times like these, the questions like "Who told you that?" or ""How did you find out?" were never asked, or even if they were asked, it's often been brushed aside as "That's not important...". Ugh. Yes we need to pay more attention to what SW says from now on since the drama is drawing to an end.

1 hour ago, sgfan said:

And for all the hair-pulling, insults and slaps inflicted on DY, I want to see all of these come back to SW :angry:

Yes and it's strange but I picture a scene where SA and JR are pulling each others' hair while arguing at Bonjour or JMR. And another of JR getting her hands on SW for deceiving and manipulating her.

Note: Not that we condone such practices

@sk0317 lol rant away it is saturday.@sgfan  (your name will not go blue)lolol that  must  mean you going to have a happy  saturday..

slaps and pulling  hair is so bad girls  club where alcohol plays a huge  part.  sort of like  people can't control their  temper  ,shows  weakness.cause their verbal ability is lacking..

never  seen anyone in real life  got  slapped.

my mother was a soft  talker, never  seen or heard her  raised her  voice . thats how  i  grew up.my  father  was at work from 3am too 2pm  and he slept when he came  home so he never raised  his  voice at  us either.

1 hour ago, anbud said:

@sk0317 lol rant away it is saturday.@sgfan  (your name will not go blue)lolol that  must  mean you going to have a happy  saturday..

It's still a Friday here and episode 109 will begin in less than 30 minutes from now:). It has happened to me a lot of times here, and I think it might be due to a technical glitch. You need to erase and retype the handle again until it turns blue.

:lol:>"lolol that  must  mean you going to have a happy  saturday.."

1 hour ago, anbud said:

slaps and pulling  hair is so bad girls  club where alcohol plays a huge  part.  sort of like  people can't control their  temper  ,shows  weakness.cause their verbal ability is lacking..

never  seen anyone in real life  got  slapped.

my mother was a soft  talker, never  seen or heard her  raised her  voice . thats how  i  grew up.my  father  was at work from 3am too 2pm  and he slept when he came  home so he never raised  his  voice at  us either.

One of Malala Yousafzai's favorite quote comes to mind, "The pen is mightier than the sword."

May you have a wonderful and an enjoyable weekend @anbud!

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

:lol: Sorry I tried not to be too specific...

I agree and also think it is a brilliant idea to take a step back for the time being and devise another plan before acting again. I guess that's putting a lot of people off this drama for the time being> DT/DY's relationship seems to be going in a roundabout manner

I always wonder why in crucial times like these, the questions like "Who told you that?" or ""How did you find out?" were never asked, or even if they were asked, it's often been brushed aside as "That's not important...". Ugh. Yes we need to pay more attention to what SW says from now on since the drama is drawing to an end.

Yes and it's strange but I picture a scene where SA and JR are pulling each others' hair while arguing at Bonjour or JMR. And another of JR getting her hands on SW for deceiving and manipulating her.

Note: Not that we condone such practices

Aha! SA will "not let it slide" when she finds out how JR has been treating DY. Cat fight!

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

It's still a Friday here and episode 109 will begin in less than 30 minutes from now:). It has happened to me a lot of times here, and I think it might be due to a technical glitch. You need to erase and retype the handle again until it turns blue.

:lol:>"lolol that  must  mean you going to have a happy  saturday.."

One of Malala Yousafzai's favorite quote comes to mind, "The pen is mightier than the sword."

May you have a wonderful and an enjoyable weekend @anbud!

@anbud I did encounter this problem yesterday too. The handle just wouldn't turn blue. :sweatingbullets:

Have a good weekend @anbud @sk0317. Going to youtube soon to watch today's episode

15 minutes ago, desertflower said:

@auntyem I did watch the new lawyer drama and saw the cameo with the actress who plays SW.  She was quite good actually and I could see a lot of the skills that were honed on the set of TUF.   BTW, she played a similar character.

The Korean entertainment industry is known to be very competitive and with so many aspiring actors and actresses in the market, they are some who have no choice but to accept roles as villains as chances to act and appear on screen are quite difficult to come by. Lee Yu-Ri played a very convincing role of a villain in 'Come! Jang Bo-Ri', she was so good that I have been avoiding her other works like 'plague'. She still gives me the nightmare TBH:tears:. LYR and GEH, the actress playing SW in TUF's roles on screen seem to have been stereotyped.

Archived