[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

If DT tells HR what her errant hubby has been up to it's likely the blame will be placed firmly on the temptress DY as it always has in the past.  HR's hatred for DY will know no bounds after she gets this information.  HR will kick YJ to the curb at the same time she goes after DY to destroy her.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will SW's explode in her face? Why is writer dragging it for so long?

As someone pointed out, the other SR might be fake too if she has to sell fake goods to survive. If the dad is so famous, how come no one knowS how does the daughter looks like? We are in modern age where technology is within reached like literally ... everyone has IT in their hands and no one bothers to check. 

Don't understand why DY & SA don't oust SW. What so good about keeping her lies? And DY is now in relationship with DT. That's even worst ... DT Will feel very betrayed by her. Why can'take DY send an anonymous letter with photo of real SR to BONJOUR to oust SW?

11 hours ago, jimb said:

@anbud  But DY couldn't exactly ignore YJ's demands for meetings in the workplace because he was her boss.  When he showed up at her house she always told him to buzz off in no uncertain terms (as, in fact, she did when YJ summoned her in the workplace.)

Should she have told DT about these advances?  I for one would have hoped that a word (or several words) to the wise would have been sufficient.  It would seem that the character "DY" did as well, and moreover hoped to avoid conflict between DT and YJ and pain for HR and the Sul family as a whole.  Since YJ turned out to be anything other than "wise," fat lot of good it did her (like her early attempts to cover for her niece.)

As I have mentioned before, DT has not told DY and/or other relevant parties all he knows about SW or YJ either.  If he does not tell his sister what he has witnessed, he has no reason to criticize DY.  They are both silent for the same reasons.

I actually think DY, too many times, goes along with YJ's meetings in his office or on the roof or talking to him outside of her home. I wouldn't give him the time of day. If he says "we have to talk" and it's not work related, then we're not talking.  I also think DY is not being fair to DT. I actually think she's being very deceptive  in not telling him the truth about SR/SW.  Also, DY is extremely dense. SW has told her she likes DT and SW still acts like she's shocked, even after she's had time to sleep on it.

DY's sister in law thinks it's okay to leave a woman suffering with dementia at home alone, a woman who frequently can't remember her own granddaughter or other people.....glad the nosy neighbor stopped by.

13 minutes ago, desertflower said:

If DT tells HR what her errant hubby has been up to it's likely the blame will be placed firmly on the temptress DY as it always has in the past.  HR's hatred for DY will know no bounds after she gets this information.  HR will kick YJ to the curb at the same time she goes after DY to destroy her.

Yes HR's recent encounters with DY have always been brutal, violent and physical. And possibly tonight we get to see HR in another light on how explosive/uncontrollable she can be when provoked. Although HR is definitely going to put the blame entirely on DY based on her personal prejudice against her, at least she needs to be told it is her unfaithful husband who instigated all those visits and meetings (not that an unreasonable HR gives a toss). Logically, YJ needs to accept all the responsibilities in the sudden breakup with DY. But he seems to have escaped almost unscathed leaving DY to take all the blame. I want to see YJ receive his 'dues' that is why I suggested DT informed his sister about the visits. HR will be sure to keep a closer tab on YJ. I would like to see YJ suffocating under the scrutinizing supervision HR is going to give him, but not after both DY and YJ receive a lashing from her.

5 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  I notice in the English subbed version that after viewing most of DT's encounter with DY from no more than four feet away, DT's first words were "What are YOU TWO doing?"  What's up with that?

@jimb Sorry for the late response as I needed more time locating the scenes I was looking for.:sweatingbullets: I could be wrong but there seems to be a 'pattern' here...

YJ's two noticeable attempts:

Episode 15 (~34:15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBIWRRYd7Y

Episode 28 (~26:35): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0vG7vD5Po

DT's first? attempt:

Episode 82 (~32:32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtxyHWLolw

And episode 106's scene (~33:38):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pj17tOeYP4

Spoiler

seems like the preview of episode 107....SW told HR that it seems YJ still has feelings for DY and that is why she is going to attack DY at work.....the problem with YJ still having feelings for DY is that that will make it impossible for DT and DY to be married and live in DT's parents house because being that YJ still likes DY he will be trying to talk her into being in a relationship....now that DT saw them together lets see if he wants to break up now are if this is going to really make his family want him to break up with DY.

@sk0317  Provided several video clips in which the phrase "What are you two doing?"

Thank you very much for the effort you put into this.  Very interesting indeed. 

Maybe a more accurate translation of the thought would be "What is going on here?" if there is no attribution of responsibility intended.

A jealous boyfriend in America would ask "What are you two doing?" if YJ and DY were holding hands, but "What are YOU doing?" (directed at YJ) if, as was the case, YJ was holding DY's arm and she was protesting and trying to get away.

Also, is it my imagination or didn't DT give DY a dirty look before he turned his full attention to YJ?  I didn't notice it until I saw the English subbed version where, to my American ears, DT seemed to be assigning equal responsibility to both of them. 

23 minutes ago, Brenda Capers said:
  Hide contents

seems like the preview of episode 107....SW told HR that it seems YJ still has feelings for DY and that is why she is going to attack DY at work.....the problem with YJ still having feelings for DY is that that will make it impossible for DT and DY to be married and live in DT's parents house because being that YJ still likes DY he will be trying to talk her into being in a relationship....now that DT saw them together lets see if he wants to break up now are if this is going to really make his family want him to break up with DY.

Actually, in the preview, SW tells it to HR as if DY still has feelings for YJ, and is willing to marry DT in order to get closer to YJ. SW is still trying to get DY out of the picture and think inciting DT's family even further against DY will work to do so.

And, as @sk0317 has said, DT has already said that after he marries DY, they will move out of the house. Anyway, DT's family already really want DT to break up with DY. I think only the DT's father is somewhat supportive purely based on how much DT likes DY though even DT's father doesn't actually think it's a good idea given the DY-YJ past history. 

37 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

@jimb Sorry for the late response as I needed more time locating the scenes I was looking for.:sweatingbullets: I could be wrong but there seems to be a 'pattern' here...could it be one of those lingos in k-dramas similar to the phrase 'I won't let it slide'?

YJ's two noticeable attempts:

Episode 15 (~34:15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBIWRRYd7Y

Episode 28 (~26:35): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0vG7vD5Po

DT's first? attempt:

Episode 82 (~32:32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtxyHWLolw

And episode 106's scene (~33:38):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pj17tOeYP4

Wow! That's a lot of scene selections. Not sure what you mean by a kdrama phrase like "I won't let it slide." However, the phrase that is said as specified in your clips is literally along the lines of "You two people, what are you doing?" or "You two people, what is going on here?" in the sense that it involves two people and a certain amount of surprise and shock on the person who comes upon them. While DT probably has heard enough that he knows that DY is trying to refute YJ, DT also has been mired in suspicions that DY is keeping things from him, exacerbated further by SW. That's why I find it annoying that DY is keeping things from DT. DT is becoming unsettled and nervous about losing the love of his life, and it's because he thinks DY may decide unilaterally to leave him and he knows that she is not always forthcoming with him albeit for angelic reasons, but it's still withholding.

46 minutes ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  Provided several video clips in which the phrase "What are you two doing?"

Thank you very much for the effort you put into this.  Very interesting indeed. 

Maybe a more accurate translation of the thought would be "What is going on here?" if there is no attribution of responsibility intended.

You are most welcome:). Yes I fully agree your translation seems to fit the thought better than the one provided by the translator.

46 minutes ago, jimb said:

A jealous boyfriend in America would ask "What are you two doing?" if YJ and DY were holding hands, but "What are YOU doing?" (directed at YJ) if, as was the case, YJ was holding DY's arm and she was protesting and trying to get away.

Also, is it my imagination or didn't DT give DY a dirty look before he turned his full attention to YJ?  I didn't notice it until I saw the English subbed version where, to my American ears, DT seemed to be assigning equal responsibility to both of them. 

Good observations. DT most certainly gave DY a dirty look which I took to mean 'I'll deal with you later?' before turning to YJ. I can't blame DT for being mad at DY as well. I certainly would be too if I were in his shoes. She has been cautioned by DT before not to meet YJ in private on a one-to-one basis to avoid misunderstandings. Secondly, DT had wanted to surprise his girlfriend with an unannounced visit. He told his dad he had met DY earlier in the office but was already missing her. DT had rushed to see DY on that same note to find her in that compromising situation with her ex and his brother-in-law.

55 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

And, as @sk0317 has said, DT has already said that after he marries DY, they will move out of the house. Anyway, DT's family already really want DT to break up with DY. I think only the DT's father is somewhat supportive purely based on how much DT likes DY though even DT's father doesn't actually think it's a good idea given the DY-YJ past history.

It seems that MS has another reason added to his list of anxieties after he found out that DY's mom is unaware YJ has married DT's sister. Now he wants DT to come clean before getting married.

I think GP is not totally against DT's marriage to DY as he has not used the words like 'give it up' but it has always been 'give it a second thought' which to that DT said, he will still marry DY after reconsidering 100 times as his conclusion will stay the same. I am glad that the men in the Sul and Jung families appear to be more receptive of his plan to marry DY than the women. GP and MS take into consideration and respect DT's feelings while the women (JR and HR) value the status, breeding and wealth of the partner of his choice.

I am really shaking my head at Sam Wol as she must be in another world to think that her fake name and identity will get her into a Chaebol household. Her own mother said that Dan Yi is having such a hard time get approval what make her think that she was anything better? I assumed that Sam Wol spend most of her childhood being compared to Dan Yi. We know that Dan Yi went to a good university.

SW is losing her grandmother...I love it...while the grandmother is beginning to lose it....even she notices SW is a hateful and spiteful girl. Since we are on ep 106(yesterday episode)...you can sure bet the only marriage we will get is a DT/DY and divorce YJ/HR. I'm looking forward to it when YJ cleans their clocks! JR and HR so deserve the humliation. Can someone explain to me why JR is still not divorcing DT dad? Why she still bothering the father when he up and left her sorry rear which is her own fault for....

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, in the preview, SW tells it to HR as if DY still has feelings for YJ, and is willing to marry DT in order to get closer to YJ. SW is still trying to get DY out of the picture and think inciting DT's family even further against DY will work to do so.

@stroppyse  We won't have to worry to much DT id going to find DY not trust worthy because all this time she never told him the she and SW is related..Now he's catching YJ hanging around DY and she's not telling him any of this would you want to marry a girl that's taking abuse from everyone for no reason at all when she don't have to..

3 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I am really shaking my head at Sam Wol as she must be in another world to think that her fake name and identity will get her into a Chaebol household. Her own mother said that Dan Yi is having such a hard time get approval what make her think that she was anything better? I assumed that Sam Wol spend most of her childhood being compared to Dan Yi. We know that Dan Yi went to a good university.

@Jackie1048  I don't think in the home SW was being compared to DY.. Dy was a better student the SW but DY was made to stay home and go to work while sW stayed in school for all the good it did.. Halmoni always favored SW over DY and she had to give SW whatever she had if Halmoni said so.. Just look at the shoes incident  but Halmoni turned against DY about the szhoes when they wasn't SW to wear in the first place.. DY always been the beat upon person in that house..

45 minutes ago, Triton823 said:

SW is losing her grandmother...I love it...while the grandmother is beginning to lose it....even she notices SW is a hateful and spiteful girl. Since we are on ep 106(yesterday episode)...you can sure bet the only marriage we will get is a DT/DY and divorce YJ/HR. I'm looking forward to it when YJ cleans their clocks! JR and HR so deserve the humliation. Can someone explain to me why JR is still not divorcing DT dad? Why she still bothering the father when he up and left her sorry rear which is her own fault for....

Good Morning @Trinton823,  I'm also trying to figure out what JR is up to she gives the man divorce papers that he has signed she didn't expect him to sign the papers.. She's holding on thinking he will come back but as you se he isn't thinking about her. But like you I'm waiting for YJ to clean and kick her out snd tell the princess to kick cans because I saw them headed to divorce court the day of the wedding.. So let mom and daughter file they divorces together..TBH I don't think HR dad ever loved JR he just tolorated her

Tonight, Sam Wol's nasty trick backfired when she set Hye Ri onto Dan Yi. The result is now Dong Tak pulling a traumatized Dan Yi back to Jangmi-ri to inform her mother of their plan to marry before year end. I think if he gets the okay, he might just do it tomorrow itself.

Sam Wol's mother questioned Dong Tak whether he had any feelings for Sam Wol and the answer is absolutely none. Sam Wol's mother also learned that her daughter had assume another person's identity.

Archived