[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

1 minute ago, andy78 said:

I REALLY DISLIKE INJOO!WHO CAN TELL US MORE ABOUT HER CHARACTER ?WAS AFTER MEETING HER THAT HJ DECIDED TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR TEACHER ...I HAVE THE FEELING THAT INJOO AND SW WILL MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR OUR OTP IN THE FUTURE !PATHETIC WOMEN!

They are no longer in a teacher-student relationship and both are adults, I really want see her try pulling this crap on HJ again. As for SW, she is pampered little princess who is used to getting her way. I want HJ to kick her richard simmons in the hospital as the talented surgeon. I'd like to see SW loose her richard simmons at that. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Perhaps it's personal preference but to me and many Shinhye fans I know,Dokmi in FBND is still her best role to date. She did so well  but it's not for everyone for sure. Even I like the writer PHR from Pinocchio better... FBND's middle part wasn't so great...

One of the problems in kdrama in general is that we don't have variety of roles for female leads but often just pretty innocent love interest for the male lead. They are hardly the focus on the shows. That's why I love female centric dramas- some of the rare time when the ladies got highlighted more 

Doctors is her latest project so her acting should be better  than the earlier ones right?  It also helps that Hyejung is very relatable that most of us can connect to her right away

Let's wait and see if Hyejung can replace Dokmi as my fav character of Shinhye's by the end of Doctors. Pray for the writer won't mess up

You can also try her other movie like Miracle in Cell No 7 or Royal tailor or her earlier drama Tree of Heaven, or Kimchee Radish cube... if you want to check out her other works... 

Yeah, I got a lot of flak when I mentioned in the PSH thread that I didn't particularly like FBND :D 

Perhaps I was wrong and I should watch it over again. I could marathon it, I've still got Miracle and Royal Tailor to watch so might as well do those two. I think I've got some free time somewhere.

I completely agree that there's a total lack of variety for females to portray. It's either the cute and innocent or the bitchy bad girl. There are a few exceptions, but I do think it's mainly our, the fans, fault. We just keep swooning (well, you ladies do, I as a man ofcourse don't swoon. I'm much too manly for that. I merely giggle and blush) for the hero to swipe his damsel in distress of her feet. Understandably since everyone wants to be swept away like that. Hell, I wouldn't mind for some rich girl to drive up to me in her Maseratti and tell me she's here to save me. I just need to figure out how to bring that to my wife....

Anyway, as long as we keep loving the drama's they're feeding us, they'll keep producing more. It's a tried and tested area which they know will score. Just look at how well DoTS performed. The only main difference is that it had a huge budget so big explosions for the men, and a lot of half naked men running around for the ladies (yes, you loved it. Even I was jealous). So it catered to both sexes, but what it all boils down it is some guy rescueing some girl from situations which could've been avoided (like the black market for medicine? Really? Rush in like that?).
If we want the hero to be female, we need to voice out. It seems Doctors is going to be at least a bit of a break from the norm where PSH is kicking some serious behind and I sincerely hope this will continue to be the case throughout the drama! :) 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

I REALLY DISLIKE INJOO!WHO CAN TELL US MORE ABOUT HER CHARACTER ?WAS AFTER MEETING HER THAT HJ DECIDED TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR TEACHER ...I HAVE THE FEELING THAT INJOO AND SW WILL MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR OUR OTP IN THE FUTURE !PATHETIC WOMEN!

A daughter from a rich family who has easy and cozy lifestyle. She pursues “birds of a feather flock together” rule. She thinks Ji Hong is the best man for her and have affection for him. She knows that Ji Hong doesn’t see her as a woman but she doesn’t care. “I love him is enough”. But Ji Hong never notices the effort she put for him, that’s why she gave up her thought and leave with another man to avenge Ji Hong. However, she met Ji Hong again at Kook-il hospital.

I think 13 years later, present time she no longer chases after Ji Hong but still she wouldn't like it if JiHye's united. She kinda threw herself to him, wasn't she? Ji Hong!! Stop being nice to every girl. You're going to get yourself in trouble. Oops! You already did...:confused:

• Like 11

Just now, joann0011 said:

Feel like not much scenes between HJ and JH today.. I think the director is trying to piece the missing pieces in the 13 years.. Feeling sad and wondering what's the rating for today.

Though less scenes between HJ-JH but this episode is about Granny and HJ :D and they are both good actresses

props also to the step mom.. she is efficient to be hated haha 

• Like 14

Another heart-wrenching episode.....

The salient features ........the visual impressions.....

Shinhye's acting draws me totally into HJ's plight.....in the prison, grandmother's death news, scenes with SH.....Infact in all the scenes she is HJ!

Her scenes with grandmother had me in tears......the prison scene with grandmother bringing her food, when she cuddles up to her on being released, their hug before operation.....wonder how much more I will cry when watching again with subs......this was just the raw.....

SH speaking for Hye Jung in police station , coming back again to get HJ's release from the prison despite opposition was not easy.....she is truly a "friend in need is a friend indeed"

Cannot wait to see the unfolding of the journey of HJ from being at rock bottom part of her life to being in white coat doing surgery .........should be worth watching..

PS....'lettuce' once again was adorable in the scene involving HJ and Grandmother.......all 3 in one frame left me all warm, teary and happy....

am greatful for a lag-free watching...

• Like 17

Guest ktiminie
6 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

there was a preview after the advert!!! teacher returns to hospital! 

Ah ok thanks. I've missed it of course. SBS is it a new trend to show the preview after advertisement? LOL :lol:

Tonight's episode was so heartbreaking... I did not expect Hye Jung's grandmother to die tbh...

Hye Jung's friendship between Soon Hee was so cute! Are we gonna see more of Soon Hee? Does anyone know?

Hye Jung also injured herself saving Seo Woo from the fire but Seo Woo just left her there on the rooftop... wtf...

Is Lee Sung Kyung's character gonna be something like her Cheese in the Trap character? Sassy but kinda rude? I really hope not, I want to love her character in this drama. But Seo Woo did show a bit of her nice side in episode 2 so hopefully her character would be much nicer in the future.

I'm also so happy Yoon Kyun Sang finally appeared!!! :D

Also are we not going to see Ji Soo anymore?... I really wanted to see more of him... Hopefully we'll get to see more of him in flashbacks.

Let's hope the ratings are good for tonight's episode!! :)

Now I patiently wait for the subbed ep :3

• Like 12

There is ep 4 preview.I just watched from livestreaming.It was shown after many CFs.Deabak!!!Starting with HJ  driving a car.The last scene is amazing.JH comes to HJ's hospital with a helicopter i think transferring a patient from other hospital and HJ waits them.They meet at the rooftop.JH looks so surprised after seeing HJ with a white coat.Can't wait...sorry for my bad english!!!

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

Teacher returned from USA. there was a lady patient on the plane so transferred via helicopter to HJ's hospital. BTW, He met HJ again and he is so handsome !

really?i can't wait!and her?was she touched?happy to see him again?

• Like 6