[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Lee Jong Suk Says “W” Could Be His Turning Point

Lee Jong Suk Says “W” Could Be His Turning Point

Lee Jong Suk talks about what MBC drama “W” means to him.

On September 17, shots from his pictorial with InStyle were released. Though the actor manages to look flawless in any photo shoot, this time he takes it up a notch by posing in colors and prints that are difficult for anyone to pull off, proving himself worthy of the label of “pictorial artisan.”

lee jong suk

In the interview, Lee Jong Suk share his sentiments on “W” and says, “The thirst I had to act while resting for a year after ‘Pinocchio‘ was fully quenched when I started this project.”

lee jong suk 3

He continues, “Personally, through ‘W’ I grew to worry less about my way of acting, and I saw the image of myself that I wanted to see. I think it will become another turning point for me.”

“W” recently wrapped up with its final episode on September 14.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/17/lee-jong-suk-says-w-turning-point/

• Like 12

Guest dominjoonssi

@stroppyse @jjongah4eva @maryofbethany

according to a Taiwan online article, option 4 was part of the long dream that YJ had in episode 8, starting with Option 1 The Cinderella Ball, but the dream wasn't suppose to end  when YJ cracked a heel, but to continue  on as per stroppyse's translation, with YJ complaining everyone said YJ was a beauty, but KC still insisting YJ isn't. When our OTP reaches home after the ball, KC starts to work on Option 4 by trying to remove YJ's dress, then the reactions from the nurse and crazy dog about the bed scene, and YJ protesting that they should turn off the lights etc. While either KC/YJ was trying to turn off the lights to continue with Option 4, YJ ends up falling on the bed and the dreams ends when she wakes up by falling off the bed. for the actual broadcast, they cut straight after the ball scene and jumped to the fall off the bed. 

if they originally decided to cut option 4, then the heel crack scene was filmed intentionally and they never filmed option 4. but this is unclear since there is little info about what scenes they filmed and not. 

I hope this info helps @maryofbethany in fulfilling her fantasy about option 4, since now we know a bit more about the context.  you can now imagine the option 4 scene with KC in the white tuxedo and YJ in her pink off-shoulder dress. 

@stroppyse for the preorders, I think someone has posted the info about it. mainly they are taking preorders for the blu-ray, if they have enough for blu-ray, then they will do both blu-ray and DVD straight away. if not, they will start the pre-order for the DVD to see whether to go through with just DVD release. all goodies for the DVD extras will depend on the preorders, so the more preorders the better. the director is agreeable to doing a director's cut, but it's still under negotiation. thank you and @Ondine for the translation of the W special on the kisses. 

btw, someone mentioned something v interesting about so-hee. in the first timeline,SH resigns due to KC's marriage. second timeline, though YJ is technically out of the picture, SH still resigns but this time because she is suspicious of KC. so it seems that SH was meant to leave KC sometime or another in the original storyline. 

after rewatching the finale, I must say I really like it a lot for various reasons. but I can see how it was forced to meet with the 16 episode and other MBC requirements. MBC really made a bad decision by not extending at least 1 ep. For song writer-nim usual style, she would ended the episode before the finale just as YJ sees KC "die" and fall to the side with the ending chryon and YJ immediately back to real world. The finale EP would have started back in RL with SB looking for everyone and Crazy Dog reading the manga. We have then have the full hour to find out what happened in W World post ending chryon and to tie up most of the loose ends with time for  some sweetness between KC YJ. But that is both the beauty and the curse  of live shoot. the end product has many flaws, but when they do get it right, it does hit the right spot for those bits. I think I won't rewatch W again until I can see the director's cut. now to try to scrabble the money for that DVD set. it's not just for the director's cut if they do it, but also for the bts of the drama which I figure may be worth it based on what we have seen during the special episode today. 

finally got to watch the special episode aired this morning..made me fall in love with W all over again.

what really stood out for me were

a.SB narrating the BTS for the sweet scenes,kiss scenes. The words and how he narrated were so funny.

b.The discussion with the CG & Animation teams. I was amazed all over again how some of most iconic scenes were done. KC crossing over from manhwa to real world will always always remain on my list of best and most memorable kdrama scenes.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, dominjoonssi said:

@stroppyse @jjongah4eva @maryofbethany

according to a Taiwan online article, option 4 was part of the long dream that YJ had in episode 8, starting with Option 1 The Cinderella Ball, but the dream wasn't suppose to end  when YJ cracked a heel, but to continue  on as per stroppyse's translation, with YJ complaining everyone said YJ was a beauty, but KC still insisting YJ isn't. When our OTP reaches home after the ball, KC starts to work on Option 4 by trying to remove YJ's dress, then the reactions from the nurse and crazy dog about the bed scene, and YJ protesting that they should turn off the lights etc. While either KC/YJ was trying to turn off the lights to continue with Option 4, YJ ends up falling on the bed and the dreams ends when she wakes up by falling off the bed. for the actual broadcast, they cut straight after the ball scene and jumped to the fall off the bed. 

if they originally decided to cut option 4, then the heel crack scene was filmed intentionally and they never filmed option 4. but this is unclear since there is little info about what scenes they filmed and not. 

I hope this info helps @maryofbethany in fulfilling her fantasy about option 4, since now we know a bit more about the context.  you can now imagine the option 4 scene with KC in the white tuxedo and YJ in her pink dress off-shoulder dress. 

@stroppyse for the preorders, I think someone has posted the info about it. mainly they are taking preorders for the blu-ray, if they have enough for blu-ray, then they will do both blu-ray and DVD straight away. if not, they will start the pre-order for the DVD to see whether to go through with just DVD release. all goodies for the DVD extras will depend on the preorders, so the more preorders the better. the director is agreeable to doing a director's cut, but it's still under negotiation. 

btw, someone mentioned something v interesting about so-hee. in the first timeline,SH resigns due to KC's marriage. second timeline, though YJ is technically out of the picture, SH still resigns but this time because she is suspicious of KC. so it seems that SH was meant to leave KC sometime or another in the original storyline. 

after rewatching the finale, I must like it a lot for various reasons. but I can see how it was forced to meet with the 16 episode and other MBC requirements. MBC really made a bad decision by not extending at least 1 ep. for song writer-nim usual style, she would ended the episode before the finale just as YJ sees KC "die" and fall to the side with the ending chryon and YJ back in RL. The finale EP started back in RL with SB looking for everyone and Crazy Dog reading the manga. We have then have the full hour to find out what happened in W World post ending chryon and to tie up most of the loose ends with time for  some sweetness between KC YJ. But that is both the beauty and the curse  of live shoot. the end product has many flaws, but when they get it right, it hits the right spot. I think I won't rewatch W again until I can see the director's cut. now to try to scrabble the money for that DVD set. it's not just for the director's cut if they do it, but also for the bts of the drama which I figure may be worth it based on what we have seen during the special episode today. 

@dominjoonssi You pointed out what exactly I thought when I rewatched finale episode. MBC should add one more episode to make things more solid. The part when KC fell on the bus stop and YJ went back to  real world thought he was dead, supposed to be the last scene in ep 16, if they add one more the final would be about what really happened in W and there will be more chance to show those things which to be left out because they push the show into 16 episodes. Such as KC and YJ life, more to show us how KC's life in real world, SB, and may be about DY. It would be great if it is told that KC still can teleport between two worlds although he is not lead character anymore. I'm still fine with 16 episode ending, but there's a feeling that something doesn't complete yet. But as you said, the beauty and the curse of live shooting, and probably rating issue affected their decision to reduce the show into 16 episodes.

• Like 5

OK I'm sorry it seems like all I do is coming heere to scream my happiness but.... I FOUND THE TWO SPECIAL EPISODES WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES AND NOW I HAV 18 EPISODES OF 18 THAT I'LL KEEP IN A REPEAT!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *jumpinofhappiness* 

I need sometime to go backreading but I still can post so... and if one kiss scene wasn't enough to melt our heart and send our fangirling into a madly activate mode here three kissing scenes in one gif!! :love: :heart: *melt*

cr:  oil_pattrapohn

cr:  han_hongnan 

W in my heart FOREVER!!! :love: :heart: 

• Like 12

cr:  ma.makiyo

W I'm not saying goodbye!! 

cr:  viechancute

as much as I was mad that I missed some scenes of the live streaming because of my connection I felt really grateful that I missed this scene on livetream and only watched it after having my happy ending!! I would've died if I watched it and saw him dead with "Th End" word appearing!! It still pains me and I'm bawling watching it now o what would have happend to me if I didn't knew and saw them having their happy ending!! :bawling:  the writr was awesom in braking our hearts till the very end!! it was him telling her that hee's dying and to come to him before he dies without seeing her!! :bawling: and she knew it!! :bawling: 

• Like 6

Guest dominjoonssi
Differences between the original script and broadcast episode 16

This was compiled and shared online by a Taiwanese Kdrama blogger Vivian, who went through the script for EP 16. 
Chinese -English Translation by myself, painstaking typed using my handphone. Please do not re-post without permission or credits. 

1. Differences in sequence of the scenes
The opening scene conversation between KC and YJ isn't long, after KC says to YJ that he will respect her decision, the scene changes to Crazy Dog in Real World reading the webtoon, just at the part when it ends with KC "dead" at the bus-stop. Crazy Dog immediately goes to find YJ to rant, we then find out that YJ has been admitted to ER and SB went to the motel to look for OSM. We see YJ crying on the ER bed, and the ring vanishing. (Script Note: Just as like the situation in EP 6, once the manhwa concludes, the things which appear in the manhwa will vanish from the real world. ) After this, we jump back to the conversation between KC and YJ. 

2. Cutting of YJ's conversation about the consequences of returning to the Real World after remaining in the manhwa world and YJ's hope that her mother will still be around 
In the conversation between KC and YJ, YJ only mentions that as long as the 3 of them (OSM, KC, YJ) are able to live on together, she's willing to remain in the manhwa world forever even after death by old age. After KC's hears this, he replies, "If you live in the manhwa world until 80 years old, it means you would have passed 50 years here before you are able to return to the real world, but in the real world maybe only 30mins has passed, so even if you return, no one will recognize you, and your mother will even be younger than you, even so will you be fine with that? YJ: Even so it's okay, as long as my mother is alive and I can see her, it's good enough. 

3. Cutting of OSM inner thoughts confession
There is a cut conversation (not sure whether they actually filmed it) between YJ and her father OSM, which happened after YJ calls DY and  she later receives a call from KC asking her to fetch him. 
OSM wakes up and asks with concern: Is KC not back yet? what happened?
YJ: we don't know what's the current situation for now. 
OSM sudden starts to talk about his feelings after stabbing KC on the rooftop at the beginning, he had initially thought that KC was not a real human, so he felt no guilt even if he stabbed KC, since KC belonged to him (as a thing), he could dispose of KC as he wished. He never thought there would be retribution, and he would come here (manhwa world) and become like this...

4. Killing Method of Han Cheol-ho Different
OSM didn't kill HCH with a gun, he drew ropes and tied up HCH, before giving him a lethal injection. 

5. When YJ returned to the real world, she went to the bus-stop many many times before finally meeting KC who returned to the Real World, not just the 2 times we see in the episode. 

6. Difference in what KC told YJ about OSM's ending
When KC returns to the Real World, YJ asks: My dad, where is he?
KC, according to OSM's last wishes, told YJ that her father is currently convalescing in a mental health hospital, and KC visited him just before he came back (to the real world). He conveyed OSM's feelings that OSM didn't have the confidence to return to the Real World and face the others, so OSM decided to stay in the manhwa world forever. KC then passed YJ the letter and photo which OSM  asked him to pass YJ, saying " This is a recent photograph of him" YJ felt reassured when she saw that her father was looking good in the photo and opened the letter. After which, YJ asked KC "Is everything really over?"

For all those who love W and still checking our forum here for updates. We are all YJs at heart.