[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

i was going to start a thread about my itouch but since this is just a question i'll ask it here if there is any luck. Anyways, a few day ago my window xp computer was infected with virus so i have to restore my computer which mean everything was reset. And now that its reset i have to download Itune again. All my song is still on my itouch but when i wanted to sync a new song they said it will replace all the song i have on the itouch. i was going to sync my new photo into itouch and they said it will replace it.

Is there anyway i can sync new song, photo, and video without erasing the current ones. please help me.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest happy_cherrie

hey guys...

ok im not sure if this question has been asked but i need help with my Ipod touch.

i have the 16 gig touch and i wanted to add movies onto it but i cant seem to do it..it says that the movies are a video clip type of file and i just cant seem to change it or anything..i was wondering if i needed to download something to change that or if there was anything else i can do so that i can put on my touch...

im kinda new at this so i have no idea what to do

thanks in advance guys!!

Guest Tahmnong

I have a 5.5gen Ipod video.

No problems with it, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get Thai text display on it?

Guest T0fu^.^
i was going to start a thread about my itouch but since this is just a question i'll ask it here if there is any luck. Anyways, a few day ago my window xp computer was infected with virus so i have to restore my computer which mean everything was reset. And now that its reset i have to download Itune again. All my song is still on my itouch but when i wanted to sync a new song they said it will replace all the song i have on the itouch. i was going to sync my new photo into itouch and they said it will replace it.

Is there anyway i can sync new song, photo, and video without erasing the current ones. please help me.

You can try using iDump, it will "dump" all the songs in your ipod into your computer.

happy_cherrie- you have to convert the file into mp4, search for videora and use that to convert

Guest happy_cherrie

T0fu^.^ - thanks for the advice i downloaded the program that you mentioned but when i went to convert the movie instead of it converting to mp4 i changed into MPEG-4 movie file and i still cant put it into my ipod im so confused

thanks T0fu^.^ but when i plugged in my itouch, idump said that my ipod isn't connected. is idump ok with itouch or only other ipod. this happen a lot with other program that i download to transfer my itouch file to pc.

Guest 432521

thanks T0fu^.^ but when i plugged in my itouch, idump said that my ipod isn't connected. is idump ok with itouch or only other ipod. this happen a lot with other program that i download to transfer my itouch file to pc.

Idump doesn't work on the ipod touch

Hiii
:)

so I have a LOTTT of songs on my laptop for my ipod and I want to keep them all on my harddrive since I listen to them while going on the internet or doing homework while using itunes.

can I compress the songs or something so it'll still be there and still work for itunes but will just take up less space?

thank you
:D

and

hey guys...

ok im not sure if this question has been asked but i need help with my Ipod touch.

i have the 16 gig touch and i wanted to add movies onto it but i cant seem to do it..it says that the movies are a video clip type of file and i just cant seem to change it or anything..i was wondering if i needed to download something to change that or if there was anything else i can do so that i can put on my touch...

im kinda new at this so i have no idea what to do

thanks in advance guys!!
what format are the movies in? they should be in
mp4 format
before you add it to your itouch.

you can convert them using
, or a bunch of other media-converting programs/sites
:)

Guest __장지영__

mm why don't you just drag your songs and video over to your ipod?

Is that idump??

When I first have my touch i sync it and it replace the other app/songs

Now I just drag the song over to my playlist or music section.

that's weird.. I use the kigo video converter and it's super easy to use. It put it to mpeg-4 and it still works.

Guest justsopeachy813

o I really want to sort my iPod Nano by "Date Added" I synced it with the "Date Added" tab on from Most recent on top to later songs on the bottom. But whenever I "Press Eject iPod", the Most recent Songs appear towards the bottom of my list.

Is there any way to solve this BESIDES using the SmartPLaylist? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nightmare.

I don't know if I can ask it here

but

does anyone know the resolution for iPod Touch?

in pixels? XD

thank you guys

Guest missie_ko_ko

DOES ANYONE HAVE TAPMANIA?

IF YOU DO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A TUTORIAL OR PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO ADD SONGS IN THERE.

I CAN'T AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS

Guest teukiie

For those people who can play songs on their iTunes but not on their iPods, try changing the song to AAC audio.

I could play my "Banana Milk" (snsd) song on iTuens but not my iPod so I converted it to AAC audio & it worked.

hope it helps :)

Btw just wanted to ask how to change the song name/ artist if they dont allow?

I know there's like, a "cheat" to do so. & I dont wanna download anything.

Yeah, thanks in advance :)

Guest michellek

I currently have a silver iPod Nano 2nd Generation (the first aluminum kinds.)

When I turn it on, the screen flashes some blurry lines for a second before the main menu screen shows up. Has anyone had this problem, is it a sign of [irreversible] damage, and can it be fixed or should I just ignore it?

Guest x.yoru

So I've had my iPod video (30gb) for around 3 years now, it's not bad but I might get a new one.

I'm contemplating between the new iPod nano and the touch.

Touch, because of the games and big screen. But what I don't like so much is the size. It's not something I can just place in my pocket.

Nano, small screen but it's easy and portable.

What are all the features that come with the touch anyhow? Because I don't think I'll need to browse the internet since I have a laptop, but then I'm still not sure...

Opinions?

I currently have a silver iPod Nano 2nd Generation (the first aluminum kinds.)

When I turn it on, the screen flashes some blurry lines for a second before the main menu screen shows up. Has anyone had this problem, is it a sign of [irreversible] damage, and can it be fixed or should I just ignore it?

It might just be a funky startup sequence, back light issues, or screen issues. If it bugs you and you have warranty (especially if you know how to make it show up) then take it to an apple store and see if you can get it swapped.

So I've had my iPod video (30gb) for around 3 years now, it's not bad but I might get a new one.

I'm contemplating between the new iPod nano and the touch.

Touch, because of the games and big screen. But what I don't like so much is the size. It's not something I can just place in my pocket.

Nano, small screen but it's easy and portable.

What are all the features that come with the touch anyhow? Because I don't think I'll need to browse the internet since I have a laptop, but then I'm still not sure...

Opinions?

Basically all the programs of the App store, customization if you jailbreak it, and do you take your laptop everywhere? I dont, but I carry my touch everywhere. There isn't wifi everywhere but some places have it and I can go on for free and its nice. Its not like the touch will be this godly computer replacement, its not so fun to type things up and all that but it is nice to have.

Oh and honestly, its not the BEST music player. I mean the 2g touch is better because you can use headphone controls to go next track and volume (I think) but generally if you wanted to listen to something its not as defined as the whole ipod click wheel which made the ipod special to begin with.

Guest asiankoreancutie

when i connect my ipod to the computer, it charges but it wont show up on my computer or itunes. i tried using like 3 different connectors yet nothing is working

what do i do? i need to add more songs but nothing comes up and when my sister connects her ipod it works fine and i tried using 3 different computers but still nothing will work! help!

Guest x.yoru

Basically all the programs of the App store, customization if you jailbreak it, and do you take your laptop everywhere? I dont, but I carry my touch everywhere. There isn't wifi everywhere but some places have it and I can go on for free and its nice. Its not like the touch will be this godly computer replacement, its not so fun to type things up and all that but it is nice to have.

Oh and honestly, its not the BEST music player. I mean the 2g touch is better because you can use headphone controls to go next track and volume (I think) but generally if you wanted to listen to something its not as defined as the whole ipod click wheel which made the ipod special to begin with.

I don't take my laptop everywhere, and I also have tried typing on the touch! haha it's hard. ><"

How is the battery life like? even when playing games and listening to music.

Guest superjenny

my ipod.. (my touch)

it can only play music.. as in if i try to go on safari/video/notes/calculator/world time or anything else other than music, it freezes ._.

and i've resetted it a few times before..

does anyone know why? :(

Archived