[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Revive 重生之名流巨星

sugarplum892

I'm rewatching Revive with novel spoilers in mind. In thinking about Du Fei and /Xin Luan's friendship (is that the name of the woman he ends up with?) I now watch the show imagining that they both know that he's gay and they're dear friends. Her anger at Xie Yi is more poignant because it's on Du Fei's behalf. It's with the knowledge that Du Fei was in love with Xie Yi and she's cursing him for betraying Xie Yi. The radio announcement before the crash was about Du Fei's sexuality scandal. This is great, I can just make it up the way I want! I'll just pretend the subtitle was wrong. I do wish that they'd been able to do the reincarnation thing. Why did China ban reincarnation into ancient times anyway? Is there an explanation because there are so many Chinese novels with reincarnation involved (and assassins, so many assassins). 

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2016 at 2:08 AM, sybil2016 said:

If you watch the last episode to the very end, after all the credits have run there is a short teaser for a season 2.  Li Chen is still very much in play, and a mysterious older woman (pretty sure it's not Mu Lan b/c she's not wearing her  signature Chanel pearl drops) contemplates a photo of pre-revival Yun Xiu.  Hope there is a Season 2!  

On 7/13/2016 at 7:54 AM, lemsaine said:

@Archangeldemon wow, we're pretty much the same.

Unfortunately i don't understand chinese too so even if i found the novel i still can't understand. 

For now, i bookmark the weibo so i can open it everytime i want and read it with google trans. We're the same right? Hahaha

Hide contents

Regarding the plot for what i have read in this forum and other sources so far... At first Yun Xiu have a crush with Xie Yi and Feng Jing has a relationship with Li Rui. But then after the accident Yun Xiu and Feng Jing fell for each other. In the novel Yun Xiu got married with Lin Xuan not because he love her but to protect her as a brother. Then Lin Xuan died. Feng Jing and Yun Xiu got married and take care of Lin Xuan son.

Just watch the drama with eng sub. You will understand the rest. For what I learn, don't really trust for what you see in the drama because the drama look like a bg drama. Just let your imagination running wild so you wouldn't get dissapointed for the ending. Lol

Thank you for explaining. I wonder would they have Season 2? I really love the storyline. I saw it's BL listed Movie but no kiss or anything related. Movie only shows their love like Bro... I wonder if there are any difference in Ñovel? Season 2 I hope Yun Xiu with Feng Jing.. If anyone have news regarding this Revive please message me!

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2017 at 6:07 PM, cherylrose said:

Thank you for explaining. I wonder would they have Season 2? I really love the storyline. I saw it's BL listed Movie but no kiss or anything related. Movie only shows their love like Bro... I wonder if there are any difference in Ñovel? Season 2 I hope Yun Xiu with Feng Jing.. If anyone have news regarding this Revive please message me!

From the ending, there's a possibility for the season 2, but I don't think there will be season 2.. and to be honest I don't want season 2 because it will be 100% bg story and it will ruin my imagination. You know well how chinese goverment handle the bl drama/movies there...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived