[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Revive 重生之名流巨星

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

HOLY TOLEDO...ok so I marathoned all the aired episodes and OMFG...@_@

can anyone who has read this book put in a spoiler tag and let me know whether this is a legit BL HE story or am I in for major heartache at the end :tears:

Spoiler

I didn't read the book but I heard in the book it was a HE BL. I have also heard that the producer/director person had said that this wasn't going to be traditional girl-boy happy ending. I think they're going to end it ambiguously. I watched up to ep 5 and seen the ep 6 - 10 spoilers and it's such a confusing drama with so many OTPs. I sort of feel like Feng Jing and the other ESE Director have somekind of ambiguous thing going on. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, polaress said:
  Hide contents

I didn't read the book but I heard in the book it was a HE BL. I have also heard that the producer/director person had said that this wasn't going to be traditional girl-boy happy ending. I think they're going to end it ambiguously. I watched up to ep 5 and seen the ep 6 - 10 spoilers and it's such a confusing drama with so many OTPs. I sort of feel like Feng Jing and the other ESE Director have somekind of ambiguous thing going on. 

According to parts of the book I have been able to read:

Spoiler

Feng Jing and ESE's CEO actually don't have a relationship. It's one-sided on Feng Jing's part.

If you want clarification of who saved the main character:

Spoiler

It's actually ESE's CEO's twin brother....yeh don't ask, it's the twins from hell of JoF again

So basically Feng Jing helped the other brother to become CEO by ousting the one who saved the main guy.

Except, now with the introduction of that lady *cough*, ESE's current CEO isn't paying Feng Jing any attention so he's turning his affections to someone who is more deserving *coughcoughcough*

There are so many undercurrent love lines between Feng Jing and the main guy that I will murder someone if it doesn't develop...but I think it does in some ways become a tad physical since there are pictures of Ma Ke back-hugging a half topless Feng Jing (p.s. I have no idea who plays Feng Jing except that he's from JoF as well @_@).

6 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Hide contents

Feng Jing and ESE's CEO actually don't have a relationship. It's one-sided on Feng Jing's part.

Hide contents

It's actually ESE's CEO's twin brother....yeh don't ask, it's the twins from hell of JoF again

So basically Feng Jing helped the other brother to become CEO by ousting the one who saved the main guy.

Except, now with the introduction of that lady *cough*, ESE's current CEO isn't paying Feng Jing any attention so he's turning his affections to someone who is more deserving *coughcoughcough*

There are so many undercurrent love lines between Feng Jing and the main guy that I will murder someone if it doesn't develop...but I think it does in some ways become a tad physical since there are pictures of Ma Ke back-hugging a half topless Feng Jing (p.s. I have no idea who plays Feng Jing except that he's from JoF as well @_@).

Oh! That's very interesting that it is one sided in the book. My chinese reading level is extremely limited so I rely on internet rumors on what happened in the book. (LOL) There were some rumors going around that the online book had some explicit content vs the published book...I'm not sure how accurate this is. I would be surprised if they don't end up together. That would be wasted development. The female characters can't even compare to Feng Jing. They even got the iconic kabe-don scene! (Not every day you see Lang Ge Ge pinning Sha Jie Jie to a wall...LOL) Plus the Feng Jing got drunk scene. I mean come on. Feng Jing stole all the iconic female lead scenes/cliches in the asian drama world. 

The dude that plays Feng Jing is Joe Xu. I find him much more good looking here than Journey of Flower. I found him kind of annoying in Flower. All he did was scream and moan for Qian Gu. 

32 minutes ago, polaress said:

Oh! That's very interesting that it is one sided in the book. My chinese reading level is extremely limited so I rely on internet rumors on what happened in the book. (LOL) There were some rumors going around that the online book had some explicit content vs the published book...I'm not sure how accurate this is. I would be surprised if they don't end up together. That would be wasted development. The female characters can't even compare to Feng Jing. They even got the iconic kabe-don scene! (Not every day you see Lang Ge Ge pinning Sha Jie Jie to a wall...LOL) Plus the Feng Jing got drunk scene. I mean come on. Feng Jing stole all the iconic female lead scenes/cliches in the asian drama world. 

The dude that plays Feng Jing is Joe Xu. I find him much more good looking here than Journey of Flower. I found him kind of annoying in Flower. All he did was scream and moan for Qian Gu. 

Yeh I saw that too, I wish there was a translated version somewhere...coz if it's anything like Addicted...well wowsa, that's going to be hot as heck...

Keehhehehehe there's an interesting commentary on Youtube from a Vietnamese fan, talking about the roles of Ma Ke and Joe Xu hehehehehe in it they say that although Ma Ke plays the submissive character but probably has the dominant role in a relationship. Instead of Feng Jing chasing after him, Feng Jing does everything to make Ma Ke chase him xD 

I'm still waiting for Joe's hair to go full black like that one picture I keep seeing xD the height difference between them is telling for their relationship. Although, every synopsis I've read has tagged Feng Jing as 'lover' so I'm hoping the remaining 5-6 episodes is enough for that to develop...

I'm starting to realise now that in all these BL novels...the female characters seem a bit redundant O_O

12 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Yeh I saw that too, I wish there was a translated version somewhere...coz if it's anything like Addicted...well wowsa, that's going to be hot as heck...

Keehhehehehe there's an interesting commentary on Youtube from a Vietnamese fan, talking about the roles of Ma Ke and Joe Xu hehehehehe in it they say that although Ma Ke plays the submissive character but probably has the dominant role in a relationship. Instead of Feng Jing chasing after him, Feng Jing does everything to make Ma Ke chase him xD 

I'm still waiting for Joe's hair to go full black like that one picture I keep seeing xD the height difference between them is telling for their relationship. Although, every synopsis I've read has tagged Feng Jing as 'lover' so I'm hoping the remaining 5-6 episodes is enough for that to develop...

I'm starting to realise now that in all these BL novels...the female characters seem a bit redundant O_O

Haha, that actually makes a lot of sense. I totally see Feng Jing making Ma Ke chase him. 

They don't do girl characters justice. Fingers crossed this novel gets picked up by someone to translate. 

2 hours ago, polaress said:

Haha, that actually makes a lot of sense. I totally see Feng Jing making Ma Ke chase him. 

They don't do girl characters justice. Fingers crossed this novel gets picked up by someone to translate. 

I know there's someone who has started the translation in Vietnamese but they've put it on hold right now as real life takes over...I'm waiting to see if I can get their permission to change it across to English...we shall see xD

3 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I know there's someone who has started the translation in Vietnamese but they've put it on hold right now as real life takes over...I'm waiting to see if I can get their permission to change it across to English...we shall see xD

#fingercrossed I'm waiting your translation

So I've gotten permission for a second-hand translation, now it's just a matter of me getting started on it LOL. Unfortunately the Vietnamese translator is a tad busy so even if I do manage to catch up, it'll be a long wait for the rest of the novels xD

20 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Finally.....someone post the plot story. Thank you sooo muchie...now I know why there are 2 guys who looks the same but with different hair, LOL. I have to double and triple check the guy with curly hair. Why he wants to hurt the main guy? 

The 2 actress also look the same. What are their role?

Someone please enlighten me with the movie story...

55 minutes ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

Finally.....someone post the plot story. Thank you sooo muchie...now I know why there are 2 guys who looks the same but with different hair, LOL. I have to double and triple check the guy with curly hair. Why he wants to hurt the main guy? 

The 2 actress also look the same. What are their role?

Someone please enlighten me with the movie story...

To tell the difference between the twins, one has a mole, the other doesn't xD

It's more a case of the main guy being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's simply a means to an end for the evil twin.

Which actresses/character are you referring to?

2 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

To tell the difference between the twins, one has a mole, the other doesn't xD

It's more a case of the main guy being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's simply a means to an end for the evil twin.

Which actresses/character are you referring to?

What mole? Urghhh I need to zoom in their face, LOL. Is it same actor who plays the twins character?

I don't know about the actress. They are look beautiful, super white face and long hair. Sorry..but I still can differentiate Amanda but I can't tell the differences between 2 actress. The one with mellow face who eat candy, who is she? And the one who is saved by Dung Fei (is it the name of the main guy?) in movie scene, is it the same actress?

5 hours ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

What mole? Urghhh I need to zoom in their face, LOL. Is it same actor who plays the twins character?

I don't know about the actress. They are look beautiful, super white face and long hair. Sorry..but I still can differentiate Amanda but I can't tell the differences between 2 actress. The one with mellow face who eat candy, who is she? And the one who is saved by Dung Fei (is it the name of the main guy?) in movie scene, is it the same actress?

He has a mole on his chin, it's quite noticeable but the lighting on your monitor needs to be up because the first time he appears where you can fully see his face, it's quite dark.

Hmmm do you mean Amanda and the girl that Yun Xiu (his original name) acts with in episode 11? The one that is about to go to America?

4 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

He has a mole on his chin, it's quite noticeable but the lighting on your monitor needs to be up because the first time he appears where you can fully see his face, it's quite dark.

Hmmm do you mean Amanda and the girl that Yun Xiu (his original name) acts with in episode 11? The one that is about to go to America?

No, I mean for all the women characters, I can only differentiate Amanda and the new one who want to take over Feng Jing's position. The other 2 who like Dung Fei, who are they? The one with melancholic face, is she Dung Fei's lover in his past life?

PS: I reallyyy need to read or watch the eng sub version >_<

1 minute ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

No, I mean for all the women characters, I can only differentiate Amanda and the new one who want to take over Feng Jing's position. The other 2 who like Dung Fei, who are they? The one with melancholic face, is she Dung Fei's lover in his past life?

PS: I reallyyy need to read or watch the eng sub version >_<

OHHHH LOL

well, the one that hangs around him ALL THE TIME used to have a HUGGGGEEEEEE crush on his current identity. The really mellow one was his previous identity's good friend, growing up together from the orphanage.

Pretty sure he doesn't love either of them:

Spoiler

Since I read somewhere in the first few chapters that he's actually gay and was in love with the guy that had him killed xD

6 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

OHHHH LOL

well, the one that hangs around him ALL THE TIME used to have a HUGGGGEEEEEE crush on his current identity. The really mellow one was his previous identity's good friend, growing up together from the orphanage.

Pretty sure he doesn't love either of them:

Reveal hidden contents

Since I read somewhere in the first few chapters that he's actually gay and was in love with the guy that had him killed xD

Gosh...thank youuuu!!! Guess I have to watch it in a whole scene cuz my bad habit I'd rather skip BG scene and give attention in Feng Jing and the main guy interaction, LOL

*cheering you for your translation in the future ^^

On 4/16/2016 at 4:35 PM, IMOmusings said:

Whoooo! Excited for this!! 

And it seems like dramafever is going to pick up the drama: https://www.dramafever.com/drama/4897/Revive/

2 hours ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

@IMOmusings why Feng Jing resign from ESE? I read from ig, teaser from ep 15 kinda disappointing and they worry that the ending will be different from the novel.

Have you read the novel?

xD Feng Jing:

Spoiler

The last straw was the wedding certificate information for ESE's CEO. Feng Jing is in love with the guy and they HAD the same dream of setting up a world for themselves in the entertainment industry. Feng Jing just got sick of it all after the CEO brought in his wife and undermining all Feng Jing's decisions.

I'm not actually sure what the news is for the drama since the novel is categorised as BL...I've heard rumours from Viet fans that to pass SARFT censorship they will change the ending to be B/G but I'm not certain...

Although in the novel...there are two versions as well. I've skimmed it but haven't read it, since I wait on Vietnamese translations. I only do a simple google translate on Chinese chapters if I'm really wanting to know something.

Archived