[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

44 minutes ago, amyam01220 said:

Don't mind me ranting, but why are Baron and Zhu's scores consistently that low in every episode :confused: That's like the one thing that's deterring me from wanting to watch weekly episodes because I get that "omg...not again" feeling each week. When will Baron finally get a score that reflects his hard work? Ugh

I also have this question in my mind. Their scores always among the lowest every week and also make me not so eager to watch RTW. I rather rewatch Bromance episode by episode. This make me more happy to see Baron happy face with his co partner in Bromance compare with his partner in RTW. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JennG25ks said:

Can anyone help explain the last interview of ep 4 where River doesn't say anything but his expression is kind of like what do you want me to say?  Was he asked about whatever ZZ said?

The last card - 'Tied together' needs to be utilized in the next episode (the card is in the hands of Li XiaoPeng and Tse YiLing).  She suggest to tie Baron and Zhu together and Li XiaoPeng said "do you want him to jump of the building aka commit suicide?"  Then Zhu said Li XiaoPeng is very understanding blah blah blah ... in another words she also doesn't want to tie together with Baron (then why the heck you chose him in Ep3 ???)  Then that's where Baron's I-Am-Speechess kind of expression.

57 minutes ago, amyam01220 said:

Thank you for clearing this up @niq8803! Whatever the reason is (I hope we find out, and that the show doesn't cover up the real reasons, but I feel like they will exactly that). I know that many Leon's fans are disappointed about the concert. Apparently.. it was cancelled just 2 hours before it was supposed to start :huh:

Leon's concert have to be cancelled before the fire safety featured was not up to the mark and he said fans can refund their 28/4 ticket or use the ticket on the replacement concert date on 4 May. The organizer removed the material surrounding the concert venue (which was not qualified as fire proof) and last night show went on. 

1 hour ago, Brutaliskhero29OreHcziLztruV said:

hOws barOn's RACE? ^_^

so far not so good!? well partner to tell you the truth about this race.......as long there is no picking name in a sheet, picking straw of different colors for name, re shuffle of names who will be the next partner........well then baron will be stick like a glue with zhu or paired like a grizzly bear with zue. If were just waiting for the cast for  voting system....as you all said .....they don't want to be paired to zhu ha ha ha! then baron will always be the unlucky one :cold_sweat:. Sad to say........this is true!!!Hey let's faced it!!! It's not only a game........but it's also "BUSINESS "with lot's of "SPONSORS":grimace:! TRY TO SMILE GUYS! BE HAPPY! EVEN YOU FEEL DOWN AND SORROW.......LOOK AT YOUR FACE IN THE MIRROR AND TRY TO .......:grin:SMILE!!!  FEEL BEAUTIFUL !!! You"LL  feel great!!!:heart:

16 hours ago, catrisa said:

Race the World ep 4 links:

Thank you for the links @catrisa downloading it at the moment.

5 hours ago, JennG25ks said:

thank you for the pictures and ads look forward to seeing your posts every week.

You're welcome @JennG25ks, I love seeing his photo updates too. makes me miss him less.

speaking of which, here are the latest photo updates from River - April 29,2016

my rough translation of his caption

Conan grew up, did not get fat, but the pants were too small, it would not buckle up, the whole time, I was afraid it would fall down, I was hanging on to dear life!!!

6fbc4121gw1f3dwnuxx3wj20qo0zkb29.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwo6cwuwj20qo0zknpd.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwoag1syj20qo0zkds1.jpg

Spoiler

6fbc4121gw1f3dwow0s2mj21w02ioqv5.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwoy791gj20vk0no49j.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwp5702mj21w02iou0y.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwpbzz6oj21w02ionpe.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwphhu82j22io1w0b2a.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwmzqy9lj21w02io4qq.jpg

3 hours ago, niq8803 said:
5 hours ago, JennG25ks said:

Can anyone help explain the last interview of ep 4 where River doesn't say anything but his expression is kind of like what do you want me to say?  Was he asked about whatever ZZ said?

The last card - 'Tied together' needs to be utilized in the next episode (the card is in the hands of Li XiaoPeng and Tse YiLing).  She suggest to tie Baron and Zhu together and Li XiaoPeng said "do you want him to jump of the building aka commit suicide?"  Then Zhu said Li XiaoPeng is very understanding blah blah blah ... in another words she also doesn't want to tie together with Baron (then why the heck you chose him in Ep3 ???)  Then that's where Baron's I-Am-Speechess kind of expression.

Thank you for the explanation @niq8803

His weibo standing is going down perhaps due to all those negative publicity.

Here is the link to the plagiarism news against Race the World,  @amyam01220

http://news.sina.com.tw/article/20160428/17010705.html

@niq8803 thank you for explaining that.  So much of the show is easy to understand between the translated articles and the games and expressions.  Unfortunately final interview context is not.  

I am hopeful that all of this will soon pass and the drama he is now filming will be a big hit.  And maybe there will be another Bromance fan meet and leave RTW in the dust.

@pechumori thank you for translating the Weibo post.  Laughed at how cute he expressed himself.  

16 hours ago, pechumori said:

Thank you for the links @catrisa downloading it at the moment.

You're welcome @JennG25ks, I love seeing his photo updates too. makes me miss him less.

speaking of which, here are the latest photo updates from River - April 29,2016

my rough translation of his caption

Conan grew up, did not get fat, but the pants were too small, it would not buckle up, the whole time, I was afraid it would fall down, I was hanging on to dear life!!!

6fbc4121gw1f3dwnuxx3wj20qo0zkb29.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwo6cwuwj20qo0zknpd.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwoag1syj20qo0zkds1.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

6fbc4121gw1f3dwow0s2mj21w02ioqv5.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwoy791gj20vk0no49j.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwp5702mj21w02iou0y.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwpbzz6oj21w02ionpe.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwphhu82j22io1w0b2a.jpg

6fbc4121gw1f3dwmzqy9lj21w02io4qq.jpg

damn! why Are you So GoodLooking Baron?! why! why! Megan Why Is he?! ahahahaha! 

Last day to vote, we only have until 11:59. I have been voting as much as I can for more than a week now because I can see the second placer trying their best to catch up. :sweatingbullets:

http://event.setn.com/fun/tvcouple

Pictures of River from Ep. 4

credit: @芍子Scoop 

697d7929gw1f3f15ialeuj20m9189gtq.jpg

697d7929gw1f3f0ldt7pzj21e00xc458.jpg

trailer for Race the world ep 5

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU1MzgyNzE3Mg==.html

My overall taught on Ep 4 ~

1)  This episode is quite boring to me (the games/mission are nothing to be excited about and I can even see Running Man re-produce in one of the game).

2)  The producer want to create another 'side story' by giving out punishment to the last 2 in Ep3 which is the famous Baron-Zhu team.  They are suppose to spend the night in a capsule motel and try to get along with each other.  Opps, it doesn't work with the upright Baron even if Zhu is trying hard to be the considerate partner by forcing herself to apologize to Baron for choosing him again which our dude replied "please don't say that, thank you ... I've not eaten anything and I feel uncomfortable (aka nauseatic)".  

3)  Baron has an impatience personality and you can see that every clearly during mission, especially when team up with Zhu for 4 episodes.  He sometimes don't listen to his partner.  I don't have very good impression on Zhu but I still feel that he should really communicate with her in order to pass.  In the end he's like "whatever" because of a not so smart choice on his part.

4)  He did quite well in one of the mission but the final mission, I think he made the wrong choice on choosing the right participants.

5)  His standing is constantly below the list is because in Ep 3 their score is the lowest at 59 (and in Ep 4 didn't perform that well either towards the end), and other teams are already far ahead with the scores.  Unless in the coming Ep 5, he and his partner did extremely well like how Joe-Leon pair did in Ep 4, it's still very hard to chase for a good standing.

Question?...In ep4.. is Joe and Leon have advantage to use sponsor car not like other teams need to use taxi? 

And I guess Baron forgot to return the vest after the last challenge . He was still wearing its on stage during the final destination..maybe because the colour is the same with his outfit...hahaha:D but you are still handsome despite poor result. Keep fighting.. 

credit: @芍子Scoop 697d7929gw1f3f15ialeuj20m9189gtq.jpg

8 hours ago, azihan5 said:

Question?...In ep4.. is Joe and Leon have advantage to use sponsor car not like other teams need to use taxi? 

And I guess Baron forgot to return the vest after the last challenge . He was still wearing its on stage during the final destination..maybe because the colour is the same with his outfit...hahaha:D but you are still handsome despite poor result. Keep fighting.. 

Yes, they are lucky to have that card because Li XiaoPeng wanted to exchange his 'tied-together' card with Leon but Joe said no.  Li XiaoPeng-Tse YiLing team arrived last in the final race is because the cab driver don't know the way and keep messing up with his GPS.

I'm worried because I don't know if not returning his vest will cause his scores to be deducted as what WangMeng-WeiChen team did in Ep3 where they didn't take the cab in Alaska but flagged down a private car to their destination.  Hopefully not - fingers crossed!

12 hours ago, niq8803 said:

2)  The producer want to create another 'side story' by giving out punishment to the last 2 in Ep3 which is the famous Baron-Zhu team.  They are suppose to spend the night in a capsule motel and try to get along with each other.  Opps, it doesn't work with the upright Baron even if Zhu is trying hard to be the considerate partner by forcing herself to apologize to Baron for choosing him again which our dude replied "please don't say that, thank you ... I've not eaten anything and I feel uncomfortable (aka nauseatic)".  

3)  Baron has an impatience personality and you can see that every clearly during mission, especially when team up with Zhu for 4 episodes.  He sometimes don't listen to his partner.  I don't have very good impression on Zhu but I still feel that he should really communicate with her in order to pass.  In the end he's like "whatever" because of a not so smart choice on his part.

I somehow got the feeling that from the start the production/marketing team of RTW has planned to pair up ZZ with Baron. Was it coincidental for ZZ to be seated next to Baron during the introduction on the stage when RTW was launched?  During the first episode, ZZ was "given" ?? a scroll by the production team to identify her first partner in the race.  Do we know whether ZZ was really GIVEN the scroll or did she pick one scroll from a pool of available names/scrolls?  Anyone knows how ZZ got to pick the first scroll?  If ZZ was given/presented with the scroll, it was definitely preplanned by the production team, yes?

If RTW has been scripted in some way, then viewers can anticipate "side stories"  being created to stir interests amongst netizens so as to increase the program's ratings?  The more Baron and ZZ cannot get along with half truths being published on the internet, the easier for the production/marketing team to stir up emotions and publicity for the program even if it means making Baron the scapegoat?  Netizens who are blind to the truth/facts will naturally be drawn into heated/negative discussions; and play into the hands of the production/marketing team?

Given Baron's personality and fans who know Baron really well, I find it difficult to believe that Baron is ungentlemanly or inconsiderate to ZZ or any other lady participants unless ZZ has done something very unprofessional, unforgivable or damaging to Baron's reputation? Or could it be that Baron is simply fed up with his partner's insincerity and "games/agenda"???  My 2 cents.

On 5/2/2016 at 1:49 PM, LCSAM said:

If RTW has been scripted in some way, then viewers can anticipate "side stories"  being created to stir interests amongst netizens so as to increase the program's ratings?  The more Baron and ZZ cannot get along with half truths being published on the internet, the easier for the production/marketing team to stir up emotions and publicity for the program even if it means making Baron the scapegoat?  Netizens who are blind to the truth/facts will naturally be drawn into heated/negative discussions; and play into the hands of the production/marketing team?

They are not only enjoying a rise in ratings but much more, at River's expense, because when netizens say that the show is authentic, we could easily say that River is the one who shows his real personality among the contestants.

This article was released last April 23, 2016

TV Marketing of Infiniti in the show "Extraordinary Partner" explained
my rough translation

f96a1c907b964f13b7d837e413df902d_th.jpg

"Extraordinary Partner" which premiered last April 8, and is exclusively sponsored by Infiniti, stood out in the fight of the Friday prime time variety shows and achieved remarkable performance ratings. CCTV cable survey data shows 34 city rating of 1.07% of the previous episode and 52 city ratings reached 99%, ranking second place in the Friday evening outdoor sports reality show.

In addition, Infiniti's "Extraordinary Partner" had an overall amount of play in Youku, Tudou, iqiyi and other network platforms for 44.83 million times. On Sina Weibo, the topic with the hashtag #extraordinary partner was read more than 2.7 billion times; in the overall standings of hot topics in sina weibo, it ranked continuously in the top three topics, causing a wide attention from the netizens.

In addition to the excellent ratings and continued high degree of network heat, the content of the show "Extraordinary Partner" has also led the frequent praise from the netizens.

Many netizens commented "Authenticity is the biggest surprise in the program, it shows the change in the relationship between the partners, and this change is based on the competition system, we can say this is the most authentic I've ever seen in a reality show " "In the face of the return of Running Man, Extraordinary Partner's ratings did not fall, enough to prove that the program relies on its content and quality" "The partners have different personalities, they stumble while running, strong people are not good at things, the partner who is the best companion is on the road to success, the show is very real and very interesting. "Extraordinary partner is really a pleasant surprise, there's a lot of humor, but it's also very good, I watched the first episode three times, I look forward to each episode." "The program is very good, fast paced, the most beautiful thing is that when there are personality differences between the partners, sparks collide. It can make a person look and reflect on themselves in their group cooperation performance"

We believe that as the first domestic, original Olympic themed global competitive reality show, Infiniti's "Extraordinary Partner", not only focus on the results, but strives more to show the challenging aspects of the change in the relationship between the partners, although the suspense fell out, but the process of growth among the partners, the authenticity, the innovation of the program content, obtained the consistent approval of the audience.

We have seen in the few episodes that aired, six groups of partners dared to do the challenge, being loyal to the "dare to love" spirit, fought with every effort to complete the task. The show is full of suspense and the difficult tasks not only present the ups and downs in the partners' performance, athletic competitions, but the biggest surprise in "Extraordinary Partner" is the "unpredictable" screen reproduction.

credit: http://auto.sohu.com/20160423/n445723192.shtml

And, incidentally, aside from having the same executive producer, the "Amazing Race" in China and "Race the World" also have the same sponsor, Infiniti

here's an excerpt from a news article:

Capitalizing on its success, Infiniti is now co-producing the adventure show “Amazing Race” with Shenzhen TV. This time the concept being peddled is “dare.”

In the “Amazing Race,” eight pairs of celebrities with intimate relationships compete in an around-the-world race. Their success depends on trusting partners in the fact of physical and mental challenges along the way. Infiniti’s Q50 sedan is the star of the show, and a bit of a challenger itself in its own segment.

“The celebrities embark upon this journey because they dare to share their moments as ordinary people, and the biggest treasure they will find along the way is love,” Liu said.

“TV program evaluation today is based on a combination of factors that include audience ratings, rankings, online traffic and whether the buzz resonates with a target audience,” said Yi Hua, producer of the Amazing Race at Shenzhen TV. “The latter two factors are often the most important.”

credit: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/supplement/autotalk/Infiniti-tapping-charisma-from-TV/shdaily.shtml

Going back to River and Zhu Zhu's stay at the capsule hotel, last week, there were some articles written for Zhu Zhu and some in defense of River. In one article for Zhu Zhu, the title says "River Chen rejects a beauty". It turns out that Zhu Zhu has been considered in the past as among the world's one hundred most beautiful women. Zhu Zhu was trying to make the relationship work, but River treated her coldly. And just like what @niq8803 said earlier, she apologized for making him her partner again, but he said don't apologize, and that he wasn't feeling good because he hasn't eaten yet. As a result, River's background as the son of his father and his EQ has often been brought up, recently. And most news agencies and netizens have praised River for showing his real personality even if he is in the entertainment world.  But in the capsule hotel article, this is how it strikes me, (perhaps, I'm just biased) River is not easily blinded by superficial beauty. He goes for a person's character. And like what our translators have said before, he does not want to be the one being pursued. I think prior to the airing of the first episode, the two of them were already being set up by the producers even in their press release, saying that a handsome guy is being paired to a beauty, and that their partnership matched.  Sadly, that partnership did not work since the first episode. So, maybe, he knows actions speak louder than words, then being mean to Zhu Zhu when she is trying to be sweet to him, is the best way to get the message across both to the producers and to the netizens that he doesn't want to be linked to her romantically. If the show is really focused on showing a growth process in the relationship between partners, then I hope that somehow in the future they will find a way to communicate better with each other, since we saw them ending up again in the photos, so that their scores as partners would be higher.

Sorry, this is a long post. But I hope it could be of some help in understanding the show more.  :)

Archived